BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:00:51 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Can you imagine the statistical improbability that the FBI visits you. Now that they visit you more than once... I'm not sure if you called them that they would come :')
Now imagine the odds that he had contact with not one but two of UBL's minions. Lots of tuff guys have been trying since 9/11 and have had zero contacts with UBL's crew.
?

I'm getting a clear signal even without my tin foil hat... this guy is suspect to say the least... something's being covered up...
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:04:49 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
It does seem very strange.....

Yes very, but I'm going to wait to pass judgement until this is more than just hear say.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:08:29 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Can you imagine the statistical improbability that the FBI visits you. Now that they visit you more than once... I'm not sure if you called them that they would come :')
Now imagine the odds that he had contact with not one but two of UBL's minions. Lots of tuff guys have been trying since 9/11 and have had zero contacts with UBL's crew.
?

I'm getting a clear signal even without my tin foil hat... this guy is suspect to say the least... something's being covered up...

I agree Tater, it doesn't take a Rocket Scientist to figure the mathmatical improbability that  Berg would cross both Moussaui and al-Zarqawi's paths.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:41:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:45:05 AM EDT
[#5]
I haven't been following his family much, but there were several references here to his father being more than just 'anti-war'.  What's the scoop?
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:55:35 AM EDT
[#6]
If this Nick Berg guys is truly an Anti-war or worse a bad guy with terrorist link......He wouldn't get his head cut off by Al-Zarqawi men wouldn't he?

Think about it.

Disclaimer: Again, I am BS with no proof whatsoever.

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:23:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
If this Nick Berg guys is truly an Anti-war or worse a bad guy with terrorist link......He wouldn't get his head cut off by Al-Zarqawi men wouldn't he?
Think about it.

You're talking about terrorists.... these guys would wrap themselves in a US flag before burning it... they are ready and willing to die to further their agenda... so if Berg was with them they could have convinced him that his death would be a trump card in their hand for stirring up anti-war sentiment in th US. Clearly, if this was their intent, it failed miserably as the powers that be in the media apparently don't give a rats ass. IMO
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:33:00 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Think about it.

You're talking about terrorists.... these guys would wrap themselves in a US flag before burning it... they are ready and willing to die to further their agenda... so if Berg was with them they could have convinced him that his death would be a trump card in their hand for stirring up anti-war sentiment in th US. Clearly, if this was their intent, it failed miserably as the powers that be in the media apparently don't give a rats ass. IMO

Nick Berg was killed because he is an American....That's all IMO.  I don't know about them torrorists to further their causes or anything....But they pissed the hell out of me.  

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:33:26 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Think about it.

Actually AR you round about make a good point.  You see the terrorist hate Americans whether you sympathize with thier cause matters not.  

Maybe a few plane loads of anti-war protestors from the US ought to take a trip and see how well they are received.

Tj
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:01:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Yeah this must be coincidence...about the same as if you happened to see Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy hitching a ride on Dumbo the flying elephant! "Oh, it's just innocent, they all just happened up with each other"...riiiiight.

In my previous life things like this we called "clues". Maybe all the dots have not yet been connected, and maybe they never will be, but something more than is being told damn sure was happening.

Berg still did not "deserve" what happened to him, but I am having a spot of trouble continuing to believe he was just a surbuban do-gooder wannabe. Exactly who and what he actually was, we may never know...or at least we may never be told, even if investigators find out.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:16:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Why was Berg dressed in ceremonial red/pink garb before being executed.  If I were inclined to brutally whack someone's head off, I don't beleive I would grace them with a nice silky robe before doing it, especially if I hated them.  Naked and in chains would seem more appropriate.  That seems odd.

Also, if Berg knew the language and he heard them say about the intended beheading, he is one hell of a brave guy.  Never heard or saw him fidgit or scream until the knife hit him.  Maybe they drugged him?    Maybe the 3 page document the guy read did not say "and now we will kill the American" - I don't know.  Brings back thoughts of a sacrificial lamb.  Regardless, he was an American and this has pissed me off.    Tactical nukes need some testing - desert sounds like a good place/
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#12]
NY Daily News story:

Berg, Al Qaeda linked before
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Personaly I think everyone is reading way to much into this.  To  me, he is simply a liberal raised by liberal parents in the wrong place at the wrong time much like the bulldozer girl.

Tj

Once again, if we only listen to TJ.  I agree, wholeheartedly.  While most of us would just as soon punch Nick Berg's father in the face, I believe Nick Berg shared his father's politics.  I believe he was there looking for a way to aid the enemy, a young left-wing, anti-war idealist in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As much as I hate to say it, I think this might be the case.  Everyone keeps saying he was pro-War and pro-Bush, but I’ve seen nothing to support that idea.  In fact, everything I’ve read makes him look like a liberal do-gooder, who was (at the very least) sympathetic to the Iraqis.  Doesn’t excuse what happened though.

I REALLY doubt he was a spook.  It just doesn’t make any sense.

The guy was a white American Jew.  Sending him in to infiltrate al Qaeda would be like sending a black female Catholic in to infiltrate an all-gay male satanic KKK group.  It would be murder to send him in, and it would be suicide to accept such a mission.  Unless the CIA was trying to confuse the terrorists by the pure irony of the situation…

Don’t you think the CIA has Arab looking agents in Iraq and elsewhere?  People that can speak the language and fake the same beliefs.  Even if they don’t, surely they have turned some Iraqis.  I really doubt they would send in an American Jew unless they were out of all other options.

*edited to add

If he really was a spook, I bet we wouldn't be hearing so much screaming from his parents.  I doubt the CIA recruits agents who have anti-war/anti-gov't parents because there would be too much risk of the parents blowing the whistle (if they discovered who was signing their son's paycheck).  And if the 'family' is employed by the CIA, I doubt they would want this much media attention.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

Actually AR you round about make a good point.  You see the terrorist hate Americans whether you sympathize with thier cause matters not.  

Maybe a few plane loads of anti-war protestors from the US ought to take a trip and see how well they are received.

Tj

Yup, I could probably hang out with gang members for a while if I promised them guns and money.  But I couldn't overcome their hatred for me.  After a while they would grow tired of playing with me and once the money and guns dried up they would probably kill me, or at the very least tell me to stop coming around.

Same thing with Berg.  ASSuming he was sympathetic (and maybe even trying to provide aid), they would still hate him for being American and a Jew.  Once he stopped being an asset to them, they would get rid of him.  And in his final living moment, they use him as a sacrifice to their cause.  The perfect way to get rid of an infidel.

If anything, it shows how brutal they really are, that they were willing to cut the head off of a man that was aiding them (this is assuming he was working with them).
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
CIA/Moussad

yes indeed ! Thought so a long time ago.

AND I REPEAT...a CIA operative sent to Iraq who is JEWISH, doesn't speak the language, isn't armed and is a self-avowed pro-war conservative?

Only if you believe everything you read and hear.

If you have other information and a good source for it, feel free to post it.  Otherwise, you're talking out your ass.  As usual.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 5:10:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Nick Berg was Jewish.... I wonder if the killers thought they got a "twofer"   Jewish and American!

Quoted:
I ownder if Nick was an Islamic convert and al Queda thought lets kidnap a white guy, but since he was a volunteer already....it explains why he was in Iraq...hmmm

Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:18:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Did anyone read the article that stated that Nick Berg had a sister (passed away) who was married to an Iraqi guy?  Nick met the Brother-in law while over there.  Apparently the guy was REAL concerned about his safety as well as that of Berg. I do find it strange that the FBI would visit someone’s house on several occasions. Something may be fishy however those guys are still animals.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:48:13 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Think about it.

Tj

Yup, I could probably hang out with gang members for a while if I promised them guns and money.  But I could overcome their hatred for me.  After a while they would grow tired of playing with me and once the money and guns dried up they would probably kill me, or at the very least tell me to stop coming around.

Same thing with Berg.  ASSuming he was sympathetic (and maybe even trying to provide aid), they would still hate him for being American and a Jew.  Once he stopped being an asset to them, they would get rid of him.  And in his final living moment, they use him as a sacrifice to their cause.  The perfect way to get rid of an infidel.

If anything, it shows how brutal they really are, that they were willing to cut the head off of a man that was aiding them (this is assuming he was working with them).

And this would explain why is father is so angry and flubbed out, even for a liberal.

Nick Berg:  A radical left winger with Iraqi relatives who believes we should leave the Muslims alone and everyone will be happy............in Iraq to aid the radical Islamic movement and work against U.S. forces, while he is completely ignorant that these people want to KILL us.  He probably helped Al Qeida do 9/11 through use of his email account to communicate with other agents in secret.  He went to Iraq with "electronic equipment" and perhaps was setting up comms for the insurgents, maybe even monitoring equipment so the insurgents can track our movements.  Once he outlived his usefulness, his "mentors" sacrificed him for the cause.  His father, being the idealistic and clueless liberal that he is, can't believe that the people they had helped for years would do this, and that fact totally blows him away.  In a fit of total Liberal/Democratic illogic, he blames Bush and Rumsfeld.......

FOLKS, IN MY OPINION, THIS IS A WINNER......................
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Maybe he was a "patsy".  Lured over by his AQ buddies telling him they had a job for him.  They just want to use him for a victim to videotape.  This might explain why he seemed calm at the beginning, more like a participant than a prisoner.  Maybe he thought he was their pal and what they did took him totally by surprise.  
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:10:12 PM EDT
[#20]
Except has anyone found anyone in US who knew Berg who can say that he shared his fathers politics?

The people who appear on camera say the opposite... There seems to be no evidence to support that.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:18:15 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Except has anyone found anyone in US who knew Berg who can say that he shared his fathers politics?

The people who appear on camera say the opposite... There seems to be no evidence to support that.

If all the "friends" that have been interviewed are fellow left wing/liberal/democrats, they would likely all lie about it to shield the wrongness of thier collective positions, instead focusing on how "perfect" and "giving" and "idealistic" and "helpful" he was.  Just like after every gang shooting here in Milwaukee.....some 15 year old crack smoking gang banger gets capped, and all his friends and relatives get quoted as saying what a "sweet, loving, caring, and 'active' boy, who wanted to become an auto mechanic/personnel manager/car stereo installer" he was.  At least that is the pattern.  I have not seen much media coverage of friends and relatives of Berg.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:35:33 PM EDT
[#22]
None of us really know the truth here. I said he was spook but I really have no idea who he is or what the hell was doing there.
We all know that something is rotten in Denmark. That is obvious.
Whatever was goin on with him in Iraq will forever remain a mystery. But the link by e-mail password to Mousauwi is NOT a coincidence. On that, I think we can all agree.
This just is not right.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:45:05 PM EDT
[#23]
You are right, and real facts will be about impossible to come by.  I base my position on the few facts available, some established patterns, and maybe a little bit of instinct.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Think about it.

Before they had us for an real enemy, they had each other. I'm thinking he was one of those liberal "Jewish friends of Islam" who maybe thought he was helping the anti U.S./war/Iraq movement.
He didn't think they were REALLY gonna kill him, he thought maybe they'd fake it.
But All muslims are permitted by allah to lie to the unclean, and so they lied and REALLY killed him. He thought he had muslim friends maybe? And his dad was in on it, and in a desperate retort to the terrorists actions, dad uses the classic liberal tactic of shifting the blame, by saying Bush is responsible.
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 7:56:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 5/14/2004 9:07:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Z Moussauwi lived in apartments just 8 houses down from my mothers rental property on Monnet street,Berg was homeless sometimes and slept in library and anywhere he could!  

I wouldn't be supprissed if he didn't spend a few nights or even weeks in the cell,there by letting Moussauwi use his E-Mail addy!   I'm sure he met him on campas,or in some class!

Bob
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top