BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:00:04 AM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It is a direct violation of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013. The maximum punishment: $100,000 fine and up to one year in jail for each offense.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

This sounds criminal.

I think theft of services should encompass it nicely.

It is a direct violation of the Stolen Valor Act of 2013. The maximum punishment: $100,000 fine and up to one year in jail for each offense.

Hmm... I need to go and google that then. I thought that act was neutered and the court determined it was just hunky-dory to play dress up  

Edit: I see the twist... you can play dress-up as long as you don't receive anything tangible. Good call.

The law amends the federal criminal code to make it a crime for a person to fraudulently claim having received any of a series of particular military decorations with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit from convincing someone that he or she rightfully did receive that award.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:00:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This sounds criminal.

I think theft of services should encompass it nicely.

Stolen valor aside it should be Felony theft from the Dog company. It costs thousands of dollars for those service dogs and to get them trained up to be wasted on this fraud. It also says in the article he conned that veteran group to pay for his sons college.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Is the article not showing up for anyone else? I tried to click the link to read it again and it's not there anymore.

Anyway, I think a shittier thing is the fact that an organization is also paying for his kids to go to private school. At least I think that's what I read earlier.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:04:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Is the article not showing up for anyone else? I tried to click the link to read it again and it's not there anymore.

View Quote

Anyway, I think a shittier thing is the fact that an organization is also paying for his kids to go to private school. At least I think that's what I read earlier.
Its dead, Jim

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:07:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for responses to emails.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:09:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Apparently they took it down.

Nice...
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:09:40 AM EDT
[#7]
That didn't take long for it to be taken down after being posted on ARFCOM lol
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:19:03 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Good. I gave the chief editor hell in my email. And passed on the info to a few stolen valor groups. Hopefully they find this guy and fuck his world up.

eta found this gem on his facebook page. His name is so obviously not photoshopped in there.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:34:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Good. I gave the chief editor hell in my email. And passed on the info to a few stolen valor groups. Hopefully they find this guy and fuck his world up.

eta found this gem on his facebook page. His name is so obviously not photoshopped in there.

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/224220_3382794100324_1783580303_n.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t1.0-9/224220_3382794100324_1783580303_n.jpg

Link to shitbirds Facebook?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Intradesting. Since about 2 hours ago he has made it private and changed his picture... I put his info on a site full of vets and I am sure he got some much needed attention

https://www.facebook.com/chris.mcfarland.3572?fref=nf
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:39:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Intradesting. Since about 2 hours ago he has made it private and changed his picture... I put his info on a site full of vets and I am sure he got some much needed attention

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:44:18 AM EDT
[#12]

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:48:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Interesting that he was an e3 back in 2002 when he completed training... Went to 6 tours after that and was never promoted? Wut
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:48:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Nice
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nice

Appears he deleted his whole facebook.....the piggy is on the run, let loose the pits!!
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:50:10 AM EDT
[#16]
If there are any active guys they can search his name throu MOL.

I personally wouldn't mind meeting him in a dark ally with a 2x4.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Hope that service dog gets repo'd and given to a true vet who truly needs him. Also here's to hoping that shitbird gets fucked in prison for a few years.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 11:58:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Guess this pissed me off so much I double tapped.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:40:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Here is the response from the Dog company......

I do understand your concerns but that's not exactly what happened and we all know the news media sometimes does not get details of stories correctly.
The dog was purchased and he is disabled we don't verify military service because we're not a non-for profit and we service all different people with disabilities within the community.
I do have background as the director of the Department of Defense program that did service military with service dogs but the  present organization that I own does all people from all walks of life that have a disability and we are a fee-for-service company.

Susan Bass

Basically they got their money so no fucks given.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 12:46:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I do understand your concerns but that's not exactly what happened and we all know the news media sometimes does not get details of stories correctly.
The dog was purchased and he is disabled we don't verify military service because we're not a non-for profit and we service all different people with disabilities within the community.
I do have background as the director of the Department of Defense program that did service military with service dogs but the  present organization that I own does all people from all walks of life that have a disability and we are a fee-for-service company.

Susan Bass

View Quote

Yep
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Susan Bass

Yep

The organization is the victim. The dog company was paid by them. The guy stole the dog from the organization. Stolen Valor Act aside it is still Felony theft by Deception (that would be the official charge here in GA). He lied or used deceptive practices to fraudulently obtain an item or service with a value of $500 or more.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:09:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yep
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Susan Bass

Yep

They should have sold him a pit bull.

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:11:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

The organization is the victim. The dog company was paid by them. The guy stole the dog from the organization. Stolen Valor Act aside it is still Felony theft by Deception (that would be the official charge here in GA). He lied or used deceptive practices to fraudulently obtain an item or service with a value of $500 or more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Susan Bass

Yep

Yeah, I got that now. For whatever reason I read the article as the dog company was the one who donated the dog but it was the vet organization who bought and donated it. Time to contact the vet organization
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:15:04 PM EDT
[#24]
Lets get this gravy train to a quick halt. Here is the contact info for the organization who paid for the dog and his ids college fund.

Semper Fi Fund
715 Broadway Street •
Quantico, VA 22134
Phone: 703-640-0181

and you can send an email here

https://semperfifund.org/contact/
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#25]
Wow fuck that dude, I hope they charge his ass for lying
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:17:47 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Yeah, I got that now. For whatever reason I read the article as the dog company was the one who donated the dog but it was the vet organization who bought and donated it. Time to contact the vet organization
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Susan Bass

Yep

This. Law enforcement as well. This is felony fraud and does not need a stolen valor law to cover it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:20:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If there are any active guys they can search his name throu MOL.

I personally wouldn't mind meeting him in a dark ally with a 2x4.
View Quote

His name doesn't come up.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:31:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Tag for updates.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 1:43:39 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Tag for updates.
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:19:08 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone else wondering why he has a picture of an Army C.A.B. on his Facebook page?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:25:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 2:30:34 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Anyone else wondering why he has a picture of an Army C.A.B. on his Facebook page?
View Quote

B/c he's a dumbass?

Link Posted: 6/16/2014 3:02:19 PM EDT
[#33]
I couldn't help but notice his "marine sniper certificate" is the same that's for sale at http://www.military-certificates.com/Cert_usmc%20Scout%20Sniper.htm
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#34]
So has anyone contacted the vet organization yet?  If not I will right directly
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:45:52 PM EDT
[#35]
The news story is deader than yesterday's taco.  Yanked with a quickness, nothing about a retraction, no search results with turd burglar's name.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 4:57:24 PM EDT
[#36]
His Facebook is still up
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:01:09 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
So has anyone contacted the vet organization yet?  If not I will right directly
View Quote

I have via email. If no response by tomorrow afternoon I'll give them a call.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
The news story is deader than yesterday's taco.  Yanked with a quickness, nothing about a retraction, no search results with turd burglar's name.
View Quote

You cAn still see it archived in the link above
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 5:11:22 PM EDT
[#39]
Seems kind of odd also that he lives in clarksville Tennessee.   Home of the 101st Airborne U.S. Army.  I am contacting some buddies up there to see if they have heard anything about this guy.  Its become a personal goal of mine to see this turd behind bars.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#40]
I just want to know how the dog got PTSD.
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 6:29:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
A vet in NYC has sued two different fast food chains for millions of dollars for not letting his "ptsd dog" into the restaurant. He most recently claims that being told he can't bring his dog into KFC caused his PTSD to act up and he had to have his PTSD meds changed.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/veteran-sues-kfc-dog_n_3791152.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/iraq-war-veteran-service-dog-sues-mcdonalds-4-million-tossed-restaurant-article-1.953017

This is just another spin on the guys in wheelchairs who go from store to store trying to find ones that aren't handicapped accessible in California so they can sue.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A real veteran wouldn't.  It's not uncommon for us to be asked for a copy of our 214 when working with the VA or other government organizations to validate our service. If he has a problem with showing his 214 and goes on tv bitching about not getting free shit then he would show his true colors to military community in a heartbeat.

Look how we dealt with pfc bergdahl....we will call shitbags out.
A vet in NYC has sued two different fast food chains for millions of dollars for not letting his "ptsd dog" into the restaurant. He most recently claims that being told he can't bring his dog into KFC caused his PTSD to act up and he had to have his PTSD meds changed.  

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/08/22/veteran-sues-kfc-dog_n_3791152.html

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/iraq-war-veteran-service-dog-sues-mcdonalds-4-million-tossed-restaurant-article-1.953017

This is just another spin on the guys in wheelchairs who go from store to store trying to find ones that aren't handicapped accessible in California so they can sue.

Douchebag piece of shit......
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:12:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Has this cocksucker been castrated yet?
Link Posted: 6/16/2014 8:33:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/17/2014 10:53:59 AM EDT
[#44]
updates
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:02:48 AM EDT
[#45]

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

http://static.fjcdn.com/gifs/PTSD_10f944_887302.gif
 Maybe I shouldn't laugh, but I lost.
Link Posted: 6/17/2014 11:02:58 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
updates
View Quote

Still no response from the semper fi group that gave the dog. If I dont hear anything soon I am going to give them a call. I posted the contact info a little further up we need everyone to hound them they may just think I am some busy body trying to stir shit up
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top