User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

and

I would love to see the sources for that brilliant dissertation.

Alas we will never see it.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:56:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Vaccines have never been evaluated in peer-reviewed scientific risk-to-benefit analysis studies.  I used to administer them to other soldiers, and received them as recommended until I learned anatomy & physiology, and the history of vaccines.  From then on, I only got them on paper.  It was at the same time they told us that the Anthrax vaccine series was absolutely worthless, since it was based on an agricultural strain from the Midwest, versus the military-grade Anthrax we had sold to Saddam in the 1980's.  There was a huge push for the Anthrax vaccines in the late 1990's, and early 2000's.  One soldier refused, and filed lawsuit.  We all thought it was just some boat-rocker, but the case brought out the facts, and the Army stopped requiring it.

One of the biggest arguments you hear in favor of vaccines is based on how successful the Salk and Sabin polio vaccines in the 1950's were.  They show a graph of how polio was basically eradicated in the US since the vaccines were introduced.

What they don't show is the rate of polio incidence in the US starting from 1900-the 1950's.  The uncomfortable fact is that the introduction of polio vaccines had absolutely no effect on the rate of polio incidence in the US, since it was already in rapid decline.

What was the reason for polio to be on its way out?  What is the cause of diseases?

In 1907, only 14% of US households had bathtubs.  Bathtubs were a thing of luxury at that time.  Sanitation and waste management were not anywhere near what we have had over the past 60 years.

By the 1950's, almost all households had a bathtub, treated sewage, managed waste, widespread use of toothbrushes and toothpaste, and grocery stores nearby with a vast selection of produce and wholesome foods.

This is why the US has such drastically lower rates of infectious disease, as compared to most of the world.  If you look at tuberculosis, the WHO claims that 1/3 of the entire world is infected with TB.  TB, malaria, and the plague is still rampant in India, Southeast Asia, Africa, Central Asia, and other 3rd World Countries, while these diseases are extremely rare in the US.  Do you think decades of the CDC and WHO administering vaccines to people who live in their own filth has helped them any?

The main factors in preventing disease are:

Sanitation
Nutrition
Daily oral hygiene
Access to hot, clean, running water
Well-managed waste
Shelter

Vaccines have never been shown to provide a benefit over non-vaccinated populations living in the same environments, yet doctors will claim that these studies exist.  Where are they?  Show me some scientific, peer-reviewed studies by researchers who haven't been paid to come to some conclusion by Merck.

Regardless of how you cover down on this issue, you must recognize the volume of money that is involved in the vaccine industry.  We're talking about hundreds of billions of dollars per year.

If you look at the COTS studies that were done by an Australian researcher, with 93 peer-reviewed studies in her profession, the results are alarming.  She partnered up with her husband, a  medical electronics designer, to make devices that would be attached to infant's cribs, to monitor some of their vitals before and after administration of vaccines in infants and toddlers.  This was in response to a growing trend of complaints from parents, and crib deaths.

The results:  A direct link to reduced breathing patterns, lower oxygenation, and actual death was demonstrated during the research.  She took her findings to an international conference in Washington D.C., and her European counterparts said they had noticed the same thing, but didn't know what to do.

Nobody wanted to touch her research with a ten foot pole, and it was refuted by doctors with significant backing and bias towards the vaccine industry.  Instead of discussing the results of her studies, where a clear link was shown between the time of vaccination and significant reduction in breathing rates, they attacked her personally, claiming she wasn't qualified to conduct the studies, that her claims about Japan and vaccinations were wrong, etc.

Nobody said, "Hey.  We can fix this real quick.  Let's just send parents home with cot monitors and see if we can duplicate or refute the results."  No need for personal attacks, or debunking.  Just duplicate the research.  Nope.  

Aside from the mercury and thimerisol that has normally been used to "preserve" the disease agent in a vaccine, how does the disease agent work anyway?  We know that mercury is a neurotoxin, so it should come as no surprise that injury will result from injecting it into infants and children.

But how does the disease agent help you?

Here's the theory behind it.  By introducing a mild form of a virus into you, your immune system will form antibodies to deal with that particular disease agent, and will be better equipped in the future to fight infection of that agent in live form.

With the flu virus, they actually take strains of last year's virus, and hybridize it with a genetically-made strain to fight next year's flu virus, based on the region you live in.

How many of you have gotten the flu vaccine, then noticed that you come down with the flu?  Then what happens?  Are you infectious, or not?  You guessed it:  You're infectious.

So much for eradicating disease.

These are some of the reasons why I am now an opponent of vaccination.  I would have never guessed that I would take this position, but the research I have done and what I know about immuno response doesn't compel me to validate vaccination.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:57:11 PM EDT
[#3]
If you look at the COTS studies that were done by an Australian researcher, with 93 peer-reviewed studies in her profession, the results are alarming. She partnered up with her husband, a medical electronics designer, to make devices that would be attached to infant's cribs, to monitor some of their vitals before and after administration of vaccines in infants and toddlers. This was in response to a growing trend of complaints from parents, and crib deaths.

The results: A direct link to reduced breathing patterns, lower oxygenation, and actual death was demonstrated during the research. She took her findings to an international conference in Washington D.C., and her European counterparts said they had noticed the same thing, but didn't know what to do.

Nobody wanted to touch her research with a ten foot pole, and it was refuted by doctors with significant backing and bias towards the vaccine industry. Instead of discussing the results of her studies, where a clear link was shown between the time of vaccination and significant reduction in breathing rates, they attacked her personally, claiming she wasn't qualified to conduct the studies, that her claims about Japan and vaccinations were wrong, etc.

Who?  What is her name?  Googling this shows nothing.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Good luck trying to get that through to the sheeple here.  Gov says jump, they ask how high...

Yup. It's a conspiracy between NWO, ZOG and the Lizard People.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:59:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

If you look at the COTS studies that were done by an Australian researcher, with 93 peer-reviewed studies in her profession, the results are alarming. She partnered up with her husband, a medical electronics designer, to make devices that would be attached to infant's cribs, to monitor some of their vitals before and after administration of vaccines in infants and toddlers. This was in response to a growing trend of complaints from parents, and crib deaths.

The results: A direct link to reduced breathing patterns, lower oxygenation, and actual death was demonstrated during the research. She took her findings to an international conference in Washington D.C., and her European counterparts said they had noticed the same thing, but didn't know what to do.

Nobody wanted to touch her research with a ten foot pole, and it was refuted by doctors with significant backing and bias towards the vaccine industry. Instead of discussing the results of her studies, where a clear link was shown between the time of vaccination and significant reduction in breathing rates, they attacked her personally, claiming she wasn't qualified to conduct the studies, that her claims about Japan and vaccinations were wrong, etc.

Who? What is her name? Googling this shows nothing.

Because it is cave dwelling pseudo science bullshit.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 2:59:09 PM EDT
[#6]
I think part of the mindset of the anti-vaccine crowd is formed by their lack of exposure to childhood diseases that were common in the last century.

"My friend's cousin's sister in law works with a woman whose child has autism and the child was vaccinated agains polio.  

I have never met anyone with polio, so I am safer not getting my child vaccinated as I don't want to risk my child being autistic as the result of the vaccine."

Yeah, that thinking may work short term due to herd immunity, but what happens 50 years down the road when the norm is to not vaccinate against polio?

Do a google image search for iron lung wards.

Hell, I worked with a woman who did not think we should spray for mosquitos in the gulf states because malaria does not kill people anymore and pesticides are bad for your health.  Really?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:00:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

I think part of the mindset of the anti-vaccine crowd is formed by their lack of exposure to childhood diseases that were common in the last century.

"My friend's cousin's sister in law works with a woman whose child has autism and the child was vaccinated agains polio.

I have never met anyone with polio, so I am safer not getting my child vaccinated as I don't want to risk my child being autistic as the result of the vaccine."

Yeah, that thinking may work short term due to herd immunity, but what happens 50 years down the road when the norm is to not vaccinate against polio?

Do a google image search for iron lung wards.

Hell, I worked with a woman who did not think we should spray for mosquitos in the gulf states because malaria does not kill people anymore and pesticides are bad for your health. Really?

This effect has been studied and documented. It seems to be ignorance of these diseases and medical ignorance has spurred this movement.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:01:08 PM EDT
[#8]
If doctors start firing patients for being idiots, then they won't have many patients at all.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:01:41 PM EDT
[#9]
If your children are vaccinated why should you worry?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:02:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
There was an episode of House that dealt with this.

Well, I guess that clinches it.  If it was on House, it must be true.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:02:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
People who are against vaccinations make my head full of fuck

PS, my city has an outbreak of whooping cough.  Any guesses why?

Yes. Illegal aliens. Not anti-vaccine folks like you're implying.

This.  Have you ever seen how many TB patients are coming across the border every day?  They go through no medical screening, and immediately are in your city.  Their kids are immediately enrolled in school, and no matter how many vaccinations you pump into your kids, they still will be breathing a strain of TB that your kid never got the vaccine for, so you're back to square one:  Relying on natural immuno-response to combat the disease.

There are scores of different genetic strains of diseases, and they mutate as a part of their normal pathology.  That is why they are difficult to eradicate.

Even if we had 100% lock-down of the US-Mexican border, we have around 150 international airports in the US, and they don't medically screen in the country of origin, so explain to me how your TB, DPT, and Chicken Pox vaccines will help you in region 3 of the US?

Homeschooling is a given anyway.  Don't even get me started in that debate.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:04:02 PM EDT
[#12]
So is it safe to assume that those doctors would sign a document accepting full responsibility for any negative side effects from vaccination?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:04:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
A major component of that is rising insurance costs. A number of insurers don't particularly like having a client refuse some forms of treatment, and will financially penalize doctors for allowing their patients to opt out.

Personally, I take the perspective that vaccines are for community health first, and individual health second. Some vaccines just make no sense to administer to children due to little possibility of exposure, lack of serious complications with the illness, or side-effects with an individual patient. I'd be rather annoyed with my insurance company if they wanted for force me to vaccinate a neonate or very young child for chicken pox and HPV.

There is no choice in the matter. You have to go in all or nothing in most states. You are not allowed to say vaccinate for some of the life threatening diseases, and skip things that are un-needed like chicken pox.

If your family has a history of problems, gasp some actually do state laws often leave you only the options to totally opt out, or get the full schedule. NY is one of the worst states. Each state has different laws.

Also companies lobby to get their vaccines included in the mandatory schedule, regardless of whether or not it is warranted.

The problem is there are a hell of allot of crazies on this issue that clouds things for rational people, it is not cut and dry for everyone. My family has a history of severe reactions to vaccines. Most doctors I have spoken to about it only know what they learned in med school on that issue. I have run across several who have done a great deal of research on it on their own. Their opinions vary on the matter.

One also has to wonder how much illegal immigration plays into this. I place my children's health first, society second. The issue is not as cut and dry as many would hope, and there are a number of retards who just spout a bunch of pseudo science. Most vaccines now do not use Thimerisol (sp?), which was the mercury derivative that was a concern. And not all vaccines are all that great. Chicken Pox one for example. Some are critical like the Pertussis. In the eyes of the law they are all equal and you don't have a choice. YMMV depending on Dr. and State.

If there IS a problem, which IS rare, it is very difficult to resolve. Just think from a trouble shooting perspective, you don't have 1 variable to worry about, you might have 9. Maybe 8 of the vaccines your baby reacted fine to but one of them caused a reaction. How do you tell which one? If a vaccine does damage your child, you can't sue the manufacturer. There is a gov program for it. It is a nightmare to get care under that. Its not cut and dry but hey this is GD so what do you expect?
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:05:34 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Not everyone can get a vaccine because of other complicating medical issues. I'm not worried about getting the whooping cough, but if the infection gets a foothold in a gaggle of anti-vaccine shitfuckers, it could end up killing someone who couldn't be vaccinated.

I cannot get my smallpox vaccine due to eczema.

I've very glad that millions of other people did get theirs.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:05:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Social costs.  Tax subsidized healthcare, education, social impact on other children, healthcare providers...the impact on people who aren't vaccinated due to lack of availability of healthcare instead of ignorance and the social costs associated with disease in that population (nearly 100% taxpayer subsidized healthcare.)  Also, as noted, not everyone can receive all of the vaccines due to health conflicts or general immune suppression.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
If doctors start firing patients for being idiots, then they won't have many patients at all.

Or if they fire patients that own guns. Because guns kill.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:06:42 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
People who are against vaccinations make my head full of fuck

PS, my city has an outbreak of whooping cough.  Any guesses why?

Yes. Illegal aliens. Not anti-vaccine folks like you're implying.

This.  Have you ever seen how many TB patients are coming across the border every day?  They go through no medical screening, and immediately are in your city.  Their kids are immediately enrolled in school, and no matter how many vaccinations you pump into your kids, they still will be breathing a strain of TB that your kid never got the vaccine for, so you're back to square one:  Relying on natural immuno-response to combat the disease

Bingo...but most people think after getting pumped full of shots, they're home free.  Very few actually understand how vaccines work.

Quoted:
So is it safe to assume that those doctors would sign a document accepting full responsibility for any negative side effects from vaccination?

Negative...you won't find a single doctor that will sign it.  Wonder why that is.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:07:03 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Viera Scheibner

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:07:05 PM EDT
[#19]
If you won't get vaccinated, there are plenty of other countries to go to.

GET THE FUCK OUT!

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:08:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

The govenment already protects the doctors and the drug companies. You can get money from the govenment if you prove the vacine is the direct cause.
Eta: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vaccine_court
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:12:20 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

military-grade Anthrax we had sold to Saddam in the 1980's.  

Oh BS.

Iraq got the same agricultural strains as everyone else, 21 of them to be exact.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good luck trying to get that through to the sheeple here.  Gov says jump, they ask how high...

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/wake_up_sheeple.png

I liked the earlier one better:

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Since Ii was a kid, they have mandated HEP B vaccines, and Chicken pox vaccines.

Do you know how Hepatitis B is transmitted?

Via blood contact, usually between partners engaged in anal sex.

Risk groups:

Homosexuals
IV drug users
People with multiple sex partners

If you still think that you or your infant/toddler need HEP B vaccines, we have a major problem folks.  You can call names all day, but how many here actually have national registered medical training, versus those who trust blindly when someone sticks a needle in your arm.  I've been on both sides of the issue, and I switched when I learned how immuno response actually works, the theory behind vaccination, and the real statistics behind incidence of disease.

To say you're willing to kill others who choose not to blindly follow is one of the worst statements I've seen made.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:13:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:13:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The govenment already protects the doctors and the drug companies. You can get money from the govenment if you prove the vacine is the direct cause.

And good luck with that.  When you consent to a vaccine, your legal recourse is usually 0.

Btw-  The US has already had 2 deaths from vaccines in 2012...a 7-year old and a 9-week old.  We're off to a good start.

Quoted:
Since Ii was a kid, they have mandated HEP B vaccines, and Chicken pox vaccines.

Do you know how Hepatitus B is transmitted?

Risk groups:

Homosexuals
IV drug users
People with multiple sex partenrs

If you still think that you or your infant/toddler need HEP B vaccines, we have a major problem folks.  You can call names all day, but how many here actually have national registered medical training, versus those who trust blindly when someone sticks a needle in your arm.  I've been on both sides of the issue, and I switched when I learned how immuno response actually works, the theory behind vaccination, and the real statistics behind incidence of disease.

To say you're willing to kill others who choose not to blindly follow is one of the worst statements I've seen made.

Don't forget the HPV vaccine...a sexually-transmitted disease, and they were trying to give it to infant girls.  And some parents went along with it...seriously??  
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:13:38 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Because vaccines are not 100% effective. Because herd immunity can make them damn close to 100% effective.

The anti-vaccination crowd are free riders, looking to benefit from the vaccinations of others.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:14:02 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

military-grade Anthrax we had sold to Saddam in the 1980's.  

Oh BS.

Iraq got the same agricultural strains as everyone else, 21 of them to be exact.

They weren't the same ones we were being inoculated for.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:14:13 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Then they didn't have a good pediatrician to begin with.  Doctors don't like it when they can't push vaccines and drugs on people, because they lose money.  My kid's pediatrician is completely fine with our delayed-vaccine schedule.  This means our kids get vaccines spread apart instead of all at one time, and don't get about half of the ones most doctors push.  Chickenpox vaccine?  HPV for a 2 month old?  What morons actually agree to this?

These parents need to remember that doctors work for them, not the other way around.  If my doctor tried to push something on me I didn't want, that would be my last appointment and I'd find a better doctor the same day.

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a high likely-hood those patients are fucking morons.  Nobody likes dealing with fucking morons.

Exactly.

SO are the vaccines safe then?

There's no such thing as a certainty in medicine.  The word "safe" implies the notion of absolute or 100% reliability.  

Is there a "safe" car?  Is there a "safe" airplane?  Can you be "safe" if you leave your house?  Even though the answer is not 100% to any of those questions, that doesn't mean people should hide under their bed and never leave the house.

If you are looking for an answer, then the reality is that the risks associated with getting a vaccine are far lower than the dangers associated with not getting it.  Plus, if enough people refuse vaccines, then it causes a more serious public policy problem, in that diseases that were effectively eliminated can "come back" into urban areas.  So the vaccine refusing idiots endanger not just their own children, but other people.  

People who refuse vaccines for their children are either
(a) fucking morons
(b) genuinely uninformed or ignorant
(c) cowards

Can I add:
(d) exercising their rights

You don't have a right to infect others with potentially deadly diseases especially when they are entirely preventable at little to no cost or effort to you. I'm all for allowing people to decilne vaccination if they wish, but if you or your kids become ill with a potentially deadly illness and then pass it on to others due to your own stupidity then you should be held liable, at the very least civilly if not criminally. It most certainly rises to the level of negligence when you're talking about diseases that are almost totally preventably through vaccination.

Wait a second...if you and your family are vaccinated, why are you worried about others "infecting" you?  I thought vaccines were supposed to keep you safe.  

Vaccination is not permanent. The most serious effects, and the greatest likelihood of infection and injury, are found in young children. Adults bodies are better able to fight the infecting agents of polio, pertussis, etc. But adults are not immune and the WHO, among others, recommend continuing vaccinations. Partly this helps prevent the diseases from spreading through infected adults.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:14:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:16:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Negative...you won't find a single doctor that will sign it.  Wonder why that is.

Same reason they wouldn't sign one accepting responsibility for ALL possible outcomes after giving you Tylenol.
It's their responsibility to ensure due care, not to assume all risk of the unknowable.

People are free to not get them, and they'll still benefit from the phenomenon of group immunity.

They're also free to find another physician. I won't see them when I'm fully licensed either.
We're already held accountable for PLENTY that's outside our control. Why push it??

Their choice or my choice.... either way, they aren't my patient.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:18:06 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Viera Scheibner

I had this horrible suspicion you were going to say Scheibner? Ouch. This may not go well for you

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

What they don't show is the rate of polio incidence in the US starting from 1900-the 1950's.  The uncomfortable fact is that the introduction of polio vaccines had absolutely no effect on the rate of polio incidence in the US, since it was already in rapid decline.

Thanks for the very-well written response.  I've done my own research after starting to question our medical system based on a few things that have happened to me over the course of my life (beyond the scope of this thread).

Part of my research included looking at the rates of diseases before and after vaccinations were introduced in the US.  For most diseases (as with the polio example you cite), the incidence rate was falling well before the vaccine was introduced.  When presented with a chart showing the calendar year on the abscissa and the disease incidence on the ordinate, one would have difficulty identifying the time when a vaccine was introduced for most diseases.  This led me to conclude that the benefits of vaccines are grossly overstated.

On the other side, the risks are greatly understated.  There are simply too many anecdotal stories of people who had normal kids, then got them vaccinated, then had major problems after that.  Does that prove that vaccines causes that?  No.  But what did cause it?  Could it be diet, or environmental toxins?  Possibly, but western medicine never wants to deal with that.  In fact, they are funded by many of these same corporations.  The failure of western medicine to identify the cause of why so many children are getting ill has led many to blame the vaccines.  Instead of addressing their concerns and finding the root cause of the problem, many people would rather just call those parents "fucking idiots".  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:20:11 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:20:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
There's a high likely-hood those patients are fucking morons.  Nobody likes dealing with fucking morons.

Exactly.

There's no such thing as a certainty in medicine.  The word "safe" implies the notion of absolute or 100% reliability.  

Is there a "safe" car?  Is there a "safe" airplane?  Can you be "safe" if you leave your house?  Even though the answer is not 100% to any of those questions, that doesn't mean people should hide under their bed and never leave the house.

If you are looking for an answer, then the reality is that the risks associated with getting a vaccine are far lower than the dangers associated with not getting it.  Plus, if enough people refuse vaccines, then it causes a more serious public policy problem, in that diseases that were effectively eliminated can "come back" into urban areas.  So the vaccine refusing idiots endanger not just their own children, but other people.  

People who refuse vaccines for their children are either
(a) fucking morons
(b) genuinely uninformed or ignorant
(c) cowards

Probably at least one parent smokes and they drink raw milk.  In for a penny, in for a pound

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:20:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same reason they wouldn't sign one accepting responsibility after giving you Tylenol.

People are free to not get them, and they'll still benefit from the phenomenon of group immunity.

They're also free to find another physician. I won't see them when I'm fully licensed either.
We're already held accountable for PLENTY that's outside our control. Why push it??

Wait a second...so one day you will be a licensed doctor, but you will refuse to take patients who exercise their right to deny a vaccine?  Nice regime you're building there.

And btw- How does one refusing a vaccine affect you as a physician?  (Unless you simply don't agree with people having the freedom to choose what medical procedures they get, of course)
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:20:37 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And good luck with that.  When you consent to a vaccine, your legal recourse is 0.

Btw-  The US has already had 2 deaths from vaccines in 2012...a 7-year old and a 9-week old.  We're off to a good start.

Information:
http://www.vierascheibner.org/
6-principles-you-should-know-before-making-an-informed-swine-flu-vaccine-decision.
(I know I can't convince anybody oneway or the other, but At least look at the other side of the issue.)
( Vaccine court link added in the original post)
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:20:44 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And good luck with that.  When you consent to a vaccine, your legal recourse is usually 0.

Quoted:

Risk groups:

Homosexuals
IV drug users

Don't forget the HPV vaccine...a sexually-transmitted disease, and they were trying to give it to infant girls.  And some parents went along with it...seriously??  

In point of fact I believe that the HPV is for older girls not infant, around 12 if I recall.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:21:04 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Viera Scheibner

The "micropalentologist"?

The one who spent one year in medical in medical school in the fifties?

She is a freaking geologist. (That that Doctor title thing is for a Ph.D.).

Seriously?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:22:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same reason they wouldn't sign one accepting responsibility after giving you Tylenol.

Wait a second...so one day you will be a licensed doctor, but you will refuse to take patients who exercise their right to deny a vaccine?  Nice regime you're building there.

And btw- How does one refusing a vaccine affect you as a physician?  (Unless you simply don't agree with people having the freedom to choose what medical procedures they get, of course)

Simple- If they don't trust me to take my advisement regarding disease treatment or prevention, then we don't have a physician-patient relationship. They can deny the vaccine as loudly as they want.... and find someone that is willing to listen.

Are you saying I should be FORCED into treating them? Odd.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:23:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Risk groups:

Homosexuals
IV drug users

In point of fact I believe that the HPV is for older girls not infant, around 12 if I recall.

And the vaccine manufacturers assume your 12-year old daughter is sexually active, and want to push the vaccine on her.  Something about that doesn't sit right with me.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:25:17 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Simple- If they don't trust me to take my advisement regarding disease treatment or prevention, then we don't have a physician-patient relationship. They can deny the vaccine as loudly as they want.... and find someone that is willing to listen.

Are you seriously saying that if a patient doesn't want a medical procedure performed on them, you will not have them as a patient??

Good grief...yeah, good luck with your practice after that word gets around town.  
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:27:18 PM EDT
[#42]
boy, it didn't take long for the doctors and big pharma are money grubbing lowlifes that suck everything they can from people to enrich themselves and are in collusion with big government that protect them to show up.
well, when you guys start having chest pains, or get really sick, resist the temptation to let them get their hands on your money, and stay home and "let it pass".
by the way....

Autism-vaccine researcher a "fraud": medical journal

(Reuters) - Dr.
Andrew Wakefield, the-now disgraced British doctor who published studies
linking vaccines with autism, committed an "elaborate fraud" by faking
data, the British Medical Journal said on Wednesday.

The journal's editors said it
was not possible that Wakefield made a mistake but must have falsified
the data for his study, which convinced thousands of parents that
vaccines are dangerous and which is blamed for ongoing outbreaks of
measles and mumps.

The journal,
commonly nicknamed the BMJ, supported its position with a series of
articles by a journalist who used medical records and interviews to show
that Wakefield falsified data.

For
instance, the reports found that Wakefield, who included data from only
12 children in his report, studied at least 13 and that several showed
symptoms of autism before having been vaccinated.

Fears that vaccines might cause autism have
not only caused parents to skip vaccinating their children, but have
forced costly reformulations of many vaccines.

"Who
perpetrated this fraud? There is no doubt that it was Wakefield," BMJ
editor Dr. Fiona Godlee and colleagues wrote in a commentary, available
online here

In
1998, The Lancet medical journal, a rival to the BMJ, published a study
by Wakefield and colleagues linking the combined measles, mumps and
rubella (MMR) vaccine with autism.

The other researchers later withdrew their names from the study and The Lancet formally retracted the paper in February.

DENIAL

Wakefield denied the allegations.

http://www.reuters.com/article/2011/01/06/us-autism-vaccines-idUSTRE7050J420110106
and if you believe that this is just an attempt at smearing the researcher, and there is a vast conspiracy to hide the truth, there is a thread somewhere on this board that you should be comfortable being in (until you're reported, and "they" come after you)
edit - lost part of sentence and to say

tantrix you don't  understand or comprehend what you're talking about

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:27:41 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly.

YES vaccines are perfectly safe.  

Vaccines are just like all prescription drugs. They are perfectly safe with no side effects. Not ever.

Vaccines and prescription drugs are good for you and make you healthier, especially when taken in combination.

Pharmaceutical companies sell vaccines and prescription drugs because they love you and want you to be happy. They are not concerned with money.

So go ahead, take as many vaccines and prescription drugs as you can, so you will live to a very old age in perfect health.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:29:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.

YES vaccines are perfectly safe.  

Vaccines are just like all prescription drugs. They are perfectly safe with no side effects. Not ever.

Vaccines and prescription drugs are good for you and make you healthier, especially when taken in combination.

Pharmaceutical companies sell vaccines and prescription drugs because they love you and want you to be happy. They are not concerned with money.

So go ahead, take as many vaccines and prescription drugs as you can, so you will live to a very old age in perfect health.  

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:29:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you seriously saying that if a patient doesn't want a medical procedure performed on them, you will not have them as a patient??

Good grief...yeah, good luck with your practice after that word gets around town.  

That's called Reductio ad absurdum by the way.

But patients are free to choose another physician if the vaccine issue is so important to them. It is to me.

ETA: Pardon me. Reductio ad ridiculum...
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:30:04 PM EDT
[#46]

lot's of people sticking there noses in other peoples buisness.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:30:45 PM EDT
[#47]
I don't blame them. Our clinic has termed some patients because the patient absolutely refuses to comply with physician instructions.  They are damn near debilitated from their disease, come to the doctor, they make treatment plans, the patien doesn't comply, then complains to the hospital big wigs and medical board.

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:31:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's called Reductio ad absurdum by the way.

But patients are free to choose another physician if the vaccine issue is so important to them. It is to me.

I'm sure you won't have to drop any patients, they'll move on to good doctors themselves.

Some doctors seem to forget they work for patients...picking a doctor is like picking a mechanic, or a plumber.  Find the one you like.
Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:32:23 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

national registered medical training,

EMT-B?

Link Posted: 2/15/2012 3:35:35 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does it really matter at this point?

Last statistics I read, 12 out of every 10 children born in the U.S. is autistic.

I remember a study done years and years ago showing that autism rates were actually slightly higher among the unvaccinated group than the vaccinated group of people. Meaning that vaccines had no correlation with who had autism.

I have a theory: 100 years from now, the entire population of the United States, will...

1) Be autistic. Or...

2) Have ADD. Or...

3) Be lactose intolerant. Or...

4) Have a peanut allergy.

5) Mentally ill.

Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top