Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Let's say you are in a public place.  There are 50 or so adults* doing whatever and crazy guy pulls a weapon (machete, axe, gun) and starts cutting people down.

As far as I am concerned (I CCW everywhere) I am making a beeline to the exit.  If crazy is in my way he will get dealt with, otherwise fuck all those dumb ass sheep, I am gone.

If God placed me next to the exit, I am going to use it.  God didn't place me in the gunstore or CCW class.  If you don't want to exercise your rights it sucks to be you.  

What says the hive?

*if children are involved, homie is getting dealt with even if I have to rot in the pen.

Ever hear that offspring song "Staring at the Sun"? Goes something like "Everyones around but no one does a damn thing, it brings me down but I'm still trying. " I also carry everywhere, I would shoot once I was sure I wouldn't hit a bystander. Your thing is maybe god put you near that exit to leave... Well  maybe he/she/it(god) set it up as test of your charecter.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it's fucking pathetic that anyone would consider waiting outside with a pistol on their hip while people are being hacked up by a machete-wielding nutcase inside.  Justify it anyway you want, "the sheeple get what they deserve" or whatever, but it's pathetic.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:35:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you hope someone steps up instead of you stepping up and arming your loved ones to prepare for the given situation?

Please don't lecture Jarhead_22 about "stepping up". It will end poorly for you.

What poor ending comes about for making personal attacks?

I think you missed the point.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:35:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Let's say you are in a public place.  There are 50 or so adults* doing whatever and crazy guy pulls a weapon (machete, axe, gun) and starts cutting people down.

As far as I am concerned (I CCW everywhere) I am making a beeline to the exit.  If crazy is in my way he will get dealt with, otherwise fuck all those dumb ass sheep, I am gone.

If God placed me next to the exit, I am going to use it.  God didn't place me in the gunstore or CCW class.  If you don't want to exercise your rights it sucks to be you.  

What says the hive?

*if children are involved, homie is getting dealt with even if I have to rot in the pen.

Ever hear that offspring song "Staring at the Sun"? Goes something like "Everyones around but no one does a damn thing, it brings me down but I'm still trying. " I also carry everywhere, I would shoot once I was sure I wouldn't hit a bystander. Your thing is maybe god put you near that exit to leave... Well  maybe he/she/it(god) set it up as test of your charecter.

Character don't feed children.  Dead men and prisoners don't do to well at feeding children either.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:35:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Drop to one knee so as to minimize/eliminate collateral damage and let Crazy Guy in on the 230 grain secret.

I'm not going to have the deaths of those people on my head, Lib sheep or not.

My friend, you are the profane poet of AR15.com. I salute you.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:36:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You know, the more I think about it, the more I find this thread really ironic. Every time there's a mass shooting etc, the members here scream about how if SOMEBODY there had been armed, there would be less casualties. We get our panties in a wad especially if it's in a state or location that doesn't allow CWP. Yet it appears that many of the member here would tuck tail and run, even if they could do something to stop the threat...

While you're thinking, think about this:

Anything you say on the internet can and will be used against you in a court of law and in the court of public opinion. Even stuff you post on a message board. It would not be prudent to post "Hell, yeah! I'd shoot him in the face and then crap on his corpse!!!" even if that happened to be your true feelings on the matter.

True. It is always wise to be careful of what you say online, especially when talking about lethal force. That said, in my state, using lethal force in defense of a third party is 100% legal. Are there any states that issue CWP where you are not allowed to use it to defend a 3rd party? We're not discussing someone stealing a womans purse and us chasing him down, shooting them in the head, and then peeing in the hole, we're talking about some hypothetical maniac this is on a rampage and killing/threatening with serious injury or death innocent people.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:36:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You know, the more I think about it, the more I find this thread really ironic. Every time there's a mass shooting etc, the members here scream about how if SOMEBODY there had been armed, there would be less casualties. We get our panties in a wad especially if it's in a state or location that doesn't allow CWP. Yet it appears that many of the member here would tuck tail and run, even if they could do something to stop the threat...

Anything you say on the internet can and will be used against you in a court of law and in the court of public opinion. Even stuff you post on a message board. It would not be prudent to post "Hell, yeah! I'd shoot him in the face and then crap on his corpse!!!" even if that happened to be your true feelings on the matter.

Oh... come on!!!  you can't be serious.

someone answering that if they were at the scene of a mass axe murder spree, and they shot the guy in the face/ corpse raped/ scat defiled... you are suggesting that a prosecutor is going to get up in front of a judge/let alone a jury and say:

"See here... 0037 am on Mar 27th, a friday night... the defendant Richard Primrose AKA rangermonroe, said he would and I quote "cut off the fucker's face, rip off his ears, and make him watch the look of horror on his own face as I raped him todeath.   Ladies and gentleman... that man... who shot and killed the 'butcher of the mall'... bragged about his Mozambique Drill the very next day on Arfcom"?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:36:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Since it was phrased as a moral question, the only moral answer would be to put down the psycho.

It is what I would do, and has been posted above "evil prospers when good men do nothing".
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:37:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So you hope someone steps up instead of you stepping up and arming your loved ones to prepare for the given situation?

Please don't lecture Jarhead_22 about "stepping up". It will end poorly for you.

What poor ending comes about for making personal attacks?

I think you missed the point.

nope, Jarhead_22 made it clear.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Since it was phrased as a moral question, the only moral answer would be to put down the psycho.

It is what I would do, and has been posted above "evil prospers when good men do nothing".

I just looked at the thread title again, and was coming back to post something like this.  Morally, the only answer is to stay and try to put down the threat.  Hard to consider how letting others be killed when you have the means to stop it is "moral".
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:38:16 AM EDT
[#11]
Look I'm going to say something here that may shock all of you:

My biggest fear in that kind of thing is the crowd.

Face it not everybody is a gun person and most who never handle guns kinda go nuts when they see one as-is,in a crowd with a guy killing people? baaaad mojo is what I see.

But if you want to take the chance that's good-but you're a "hero" they come out in boxes,I'm a "survivor" we come out walking.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If everyone was like you there would just be a dead dumbass with a machete, axe, gun in his hand.  I will still be running for the door though, so I will have to wait to see the outcome on the six o'clock news.

I'm not trying to claim a medal or anything. I've been trained and I've been lucky enough to associate with others who value training and preparedness.

I carry a gun because I can and, to a degree, because I must. I also got my EMT ticket and carry a big trauma bag in my truck. Hopefully I'll never have to use either one outside of training, but I don't care to bet both lungs on it. I also don't hold it against people for not believing as I do. Not everyone is comfortable with the blood of others on their hands, either from punching 0.45" holes through them or through putting pressure bandages on them. Go with God, man.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:39:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:40:43 AM EDT
[#14]
I didn't say anything about walking outside and waiting.  I am going to run like a Kenyan until I puke.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:42:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't say anything about walking outside and waiting.  I am going to run like a Kenyan until I puke.

Sorry but that's just damn funny!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:50:48 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What says the hive?

Character don't feed children.  Dead men and prisoners don't do to well at feeding children either.

I agree, god wouldn't even enter into the equation in my mind as I am a deist, I was just responding to the god put me next to an exit to leave comment. Me personally I stated how I felt I can't stand the "no one does a damn thing" scenario.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I can recall a similar thread where I used the phrase "bust through the crowd like Walter Payton on crank"... so I get where you're coming from.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:51:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Morally to stand by and have the means to stop a mass murder and do nothing would be wrong.  To flee or engage is your choice, if you want to run so be it.  If you want to fight then thats fine.  In the end we will all be judged whether it be by God, a jury of your peers, or your own conscience it'll be there.  So lemmie toss this out there what if those 50 people were not adults but lets say a class of elementary school kids at the zoo seeing the elephants and psycho shows up with axe/gun/bazooka do you say "Fuck them little bastards! they're just sheep they should of went to CCW class and gotten a gun."
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:55:30 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Evil will triump when good men do nothing.

Morally, a very cowardly way of thinking. We are our brother's keeper and not to prevent harm when able is reprehensible.

As for me, I'm going to do all I can to stop him, even if it gets his attention away from others to me so others may escape.

Consequenses be damned. I will stand before a judge and God with a clear conscience.

As will I, I read the bible as well.  There is nothing in Leviticus about cowards going to hell.

But you will have to give an accounting of your life.  I'm sure this will come up.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 11:58:59 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

someone answering that if they were at the scene of a mass axe murder spree, and they shot the guy in the face/ corpse raped/ scat defiled... you are suggesting that a prosecutor is going to get up in front of a judge/let alone a jury and say:

You seem to have the idea that all prosecutors are on the side of the angels.

You would be wrong in that assumption.

You seem to think that a criminal trial is the only place where those comments could come back to haunt you. That would also be an incorrect assumption.

No, I am well aware of the civil aspect of the law and the requirements for a judgment, but I believe that much of this is taken to extreme.

Sort of like the 'reloads in CCW' argument.  Many folks are terrified that a righteous shoot would be somehow redefined as evil due to comments.

"My client, Mr. Primrose, was in fact gleeful as he 'shot to slide lock, reloaded, and turned the perp into a colander' thus saving countless lives."

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:00:56 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Morally to stand by and have the means to stop a mass murder and do nothing would be wrong.  To flee or engage is your choice, if you want to run so be it.  If you want to fight then thats fine.  In the end we will all be judged whether it be by God, a jury of your peers, or your own conscience it'll be there.  So lemmie toss this out there what if those 50 people were not adults but lets say a class of elementary school kids at the zoo seeing the elephants and psycho shows up with axe/gun/bazooka do you say "Fuck them little bastards! they're just sheep they should of went to CCW class and gotten a gun."

lemme toss this out there, re-read the original post.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:03:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Close width destroy blame on PTSD....
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:05:31 PM EDT
[#23]
As mentioned, each situation will have to defined specifically.  There is no all encompassing answer that would meet all criteria for me.

If he has a blade I would likely take the shot ONLY if I can do it without shooting someone else.  That being said, if all he has is a knife, likely someone else is gonna hit him with a chair or other longer range weapon.  

If he has a gun, I would have to think even harder.  My safety is more important than the safety of those strangers (sorry if any of you are those strangers)

I'd like to think that I would stay and fight more often than not...but it will depend on the circumstances.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
If I think I can get the drop on him, I'll try. I don't think I could sleep well at night knowing all those people were killed and I could have done something about it, but didn't.

This
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#25]
Oh I did read your post and all the other post you and the others have said.  I added my peace and offered an additional scenario to the thread for you to nibble on and others if they like.  Its okay you don't want to answer I understand.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#26]
never mind..
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:17:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What says the hive?

Quoted:
Oh I did read your post and all the other post you and the others have said.  I added my peace and offered an additional scenario to the thread for you to nibble on and others if they like.  Its okay you don't want to answer I understand.

So you read the part in red that is real big too?

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:19:04 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Face it not everybody is a gun person and most who never handle guns kinda go nuts when they see one as-is,in a crowd with a guy killing people? baaaad mojo is what I see.

But if you want to take the chance that's good-but you're a "hero" they come out in boxes,I'm a "survivor" we come out walking.

would the crowd even notice, or would they be too busy running away?
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Aww my bad didn't see that part since its at the bottom and cut off on my screen.  I stand corrected.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:24:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Depends. I will shoot if think it is prudent. I won't if I don't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#31]
If you shoot this person, the news media will make you out to be a vigilante and the legal system will likely bankrupt you. If these people are strangers I agree exit if you can and call the cops.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:28:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
If you shoot this person, the news media will make you out to be a vigilante and the legal system will likely bankrupt you.

Sadly, depending on where you live, this is a very real possibility... especially if your actions produce less than optimal results.

Frankly, I think I'm more afraid of being financially ruined in the aftermath, than I would of getting killed in the moment.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:27 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

"See here... 0037 am on Mar 27th, a friday night... the defendant Richard Primrose AKA rangermonroe, said he would and I quote "cut off the fucker's face, rip off his ears, and make him watch the look of horror on his own face as I raped him todeath.   Ladies and gentleman... that man... who shot and killed the 'butcher of the mall'... bragged about his Mozambique Drill the very next day on Arfcom"?

You might  be surprised at the kinds of things a prosecutor might be willing and able to produce in court to further his case. They don't play to lose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Looking out for #1 is perfectly acceptable to me.  

However, if I could get the drop on the psycho and get a shot off to stop a killing spree, I would do so.  Regardless of how much the people being killed are 'sheep', they are innocent, they are my fellow Americans, and they have families.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
If you shoot this person, the news media will make you out to be a vigilante and the legal system will likely bankrupt you. If these people are strangers I agree exit if you can and call the cops.

It takes a special kind of paranoia to believe that if you shot a person who was attacking people with a knife or machete, you'd be branded a vigilante and raped by the legal system.  Let's see, did that happen with the woman who shot the guy who was shooting up the church in, what was it, Colorado?  No, she was hailed as a hero.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:31:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

You might  be surprised at the kinds of things a prosecutor might be willing and able to produce in court to further his case. They don't play to lose.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:32:26 PM EDT
[#37]
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." (Edmund Burke)

You have to live with yourself.  

A coward dies a million deaths.  

Most of the time what is good for yourself in not the best for all.  

If you fail to act and be selfish,  May you live a thousand years!
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:33:17 PM EDT
[#38]

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:33:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Hands down, I take the shot.

I could not live knowing I am a coward for the rest of my life.  Even if I spent the rest of my life in jail. (wich would NOT happen anyway)
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:34:16 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Knowing how I am, regardless if I were buck naked, hung over, and had diarrhea,  and only my wits to fight with, I could not flee.

I would fight to the best of my ability, even if it were only to allow a few more to escape before I were killed.

Not bravado, it is what I would do.  

I'd rather have an armed CCW'er after me than a buck naked, unarmed, hung over, Army Ranger covered in diarrhea.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:35:30 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It takes a special kind of paranoia to believe that if you shot a person who was attacking people with a knife or machete, you'd be branded a vigilante and raped by the legal system.  Let's see, did that happen with the woman who shot the guy who was shooting up the church in, what was it, Colorado?  No, she was hailed as a hero.

Really look at the demonstrations in Oakland regarding the killing of that cop killer.

In my town a man will kicking the shit out of a cop and the cop screamed for help and a CCW guy killed the bad guy. The police chief and DA said it was a good shoot, no charges. Then the protests and bitching started. The CCW guy ended up charged and sued. He was acquitted (went to court, paid for legal defense). I'm not sure how the civil case went.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What says the hive?

Kids are involved as parents will die.  You're not thinking this through.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:38:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

would the crowd even notice, or would they be too busy running away?

Look this may sound bad but if it gets going in a large enough crowd I see two threats:
1-the wacko
2-the crowd

And if you have a brain you know one shot goes wrong and the first young gun lawyer who needs a star on his file is gonna come get you.....
honestly a CCW is for personal protection,the rest is dust in the wind if you can get away with it fine,if not?

Well it's ether prison or financal ruin for you
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:39:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This attitude right here is the functional equivalent of gun control.

Gun control keeps law-abiding citizens from owning firearms while criminals have free access to them.

Fear of the legal system (in most cases, blow WAY out of proportion) keeps law abiding citizens from using firearms, while criminals have no qualms whatseover.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#45]
I'd intervene if I thought there was a decent chance I could help.  If not, I'd run like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:42:05 PM EDT
[#46]
I would make the call if and when this happened.

If I know I could save lives safely, I would shoot.

Isn't the whole idea of campus carry to stop the threat and not just save your own ass? (if possible)

The call is judgemental and can only be decided by you (me)

I would have tried to stop cho at VT if I was armed....just me

If someone said I could have stopped cho and didn't try because I would be a vigilante, he would be kicked in the balls by the media

My .02
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:42:42 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Fear of the legal system (in most cases, blow WAY out of proportion) keeps law abiding citizens from using firearms, while criminals have no qualms whatseover.

And in many cases... not.

YMMV.

Quoted:
In my town a man will kicking the shit out of a cop and the cop screamed for help and a CCW guy killed the bad guy. The police chief and DA said it was a good shoot, no charges. Then the protests and bitching started. The CCW guy ended up charged and sued. He was acquitted (went to court, paid for legal defense). I'm not sure how the civil case went.

Betcha CCW guy's life was well nigh fucked by the time this incident was over.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:43:06 PM EDT
[#48]
I still vote to beat feet.  Chicken shit?  Maybe, but my gizzard will still be pumping, instead of bubba pumping my sweet virgin ass.
Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:56:32 PM EDT
[#49]
So let me ask the cowards on this thread...

When you're arguing 2nd ammendment rights with some gun control activist, and you bring up the militia debate, what the fuck are you talking about?

If you consider yourself part of the 'militia', then I ask you... what kind of militia member are you if you see other militia members dying at the hands of a criminal and you, with the power to stop it, do NOTHING?

What kind of army is issued guns and told to only defend themselves with them?

If the 'militia' is truly comprised of American citizens, then it's your duty to defend each other against enemies. Both foreign, and domestic.

There are lots of things wrong with this country. But if you think our leaders are 100% responsible, you're wrong. Giving a shit about your fellow citizen is rare these days. Unity doesn't exist.
That's the root of many of our problems. No-one gives a shit about anyone except for 'Me and Mine'.

Link Posted: 3/27/2009 12:57:22 PM EDT
[#50]
BTW I want to mention....

If bad guy has an edged weapon i.e. an machete, axe,knife and I can get ahold of a chair and then get my can of pepper spray out I will go toe-to-toe with him in a heartbeat,then introduce him to Mr.Pepper and the beating of his collective life

It's not just about guns ya'know
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top