Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:25:01 AM EDT
[#1]
One fifth of the land mass of the USA. And our roads still suck. But I'd drive on gravel rather than give another penny in taxes!
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:30:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Payroll?!?  Comparing AK to CA in most any way at all is a fools game. Plus the stupid fuckers in CA deserve everything that comes to them. You get what you ask for and deserve. Look left, look right, at the people who are your neighbors. These are the very same morons that voted for Pelosi or Arnold or Jerry Brown. Fruits and nuts get fruits and nuts as leaders.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:35:53 AM EDT
[#3]
That fucker ought to haul his big stupid ass back to Austria or wherever he came from and see if he can see Russia from there
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:40:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Just like that liberal republicrat to poke fun at someone in his own party. Probably jealous that she was able to run her state better than he has.

I am not a Palin fan, or an Arnold fan by any means...but to be fair..IIRC, the population of Alaska is about 700,000. The population of California is around 37,000,000.

We have mayors of small cities that have bigger budgets and more headaches than that of Alaska...FWIW.

That may be true, but AS has been a freakin' disaster.  He came in talking about changing the state, taking it back from the state worker unions, cutting budgets, etc.  He has done none of that has managed to be just as bad as Gray Davis who was recalled.  Fuck Arnold and Barack.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:41:19 AM EDT
[#5]
The RINO caved to the dems
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 8:45:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
MOST federal spending in AK is .mil. It bends the truth a lot to say CA subsidizes AK welfare. Plus AK population is less than a million. Most states have more populous CITIES!

Total military payroll outlays 2009

Alaska: $2,659,561,000
California: $14,568,458,000

http://siadapp.dmdc.osd.mil/personnel/L03/fy09/atlas-2009-summary.pdf

So that's:
Alaska= $3,807 per person

Cali= $394 per person

That's just military payroll, not all of the other costs associated with maintaining a military base. And that combined is simply one part of "federal spending".

The Tax Foundation chart is completely abused by the intellectually dishonest.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:08:52 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You CAN see Russia from Alaska.  At least, you can see a Russian island from one of the Alaskan islands.

And Palin never said it anyway; it was a fucking SNL skit.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:15:58 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
You CAN see Russia from Alaska.  At least, you can see a Russian island from one of the Alaskan islands.

And Palin never said it anyway; it was a fucking SNL skit.

She did say it; she said you could see Russian land from one of Alaska's islands, which is true.

"I can see Alaska from my house!" however, was Tina Fey. Guess which one everyone thinks she said?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 10:44:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Ha!

I've always liked Arnold.  

A great American.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:21:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Arn-hole the Girlynator.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:23:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Arnold is the man and I couldn't help reading that tweet in that Arnold voice.

On a side note, I never knew we had so many Palin supporters on ARF. . . . might be because I avoid the daily Glen Beck discussion threads.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Maybe you should search for a balanced budget instead..
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:31:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Just like that liberal republicrat to poke fun at someone in his own party. Probably jealous that she was able to run her state better than he has.

Screw shwartz-an-egger.  douche.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 12:31:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
where did the whole "i can see russia from my house" thing come from?

yeah there has been so many jokes about it in the past i dont even know whats BS.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:31:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Keep laughing, asshole. She'll go farther in politics than you ever will.

Looks like he's going to finish up his governing term, though, instead of quitting halfway through. Alot of folks up here have sore butts from that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Anchorage is only a few thousand miles away from the most western parts of Alaska... What a maroon.  

http://www.memedepot.com/uploads/0/207_not_sure_if_serious.jpg

(unless you meant the Aleutian Islands)

That's probably what he meant. Google "Alaska" and you'll see how long that chain is.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:37:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I laughed.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:38:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ha!

A great American.

Die in a fire. I wish you took MC4H's spot.

If people want to talk numbers, it costs alot more to live up here than anywhere else in the country, with the exception of maybe HI. People whine about gas prices in the lower 48, but here its still around $3.50 for the good stuff, and that's in the city. In rural areas gas prices go through the roof.

I love when people who don't fucking live here talk about AK politics.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:40:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Why doesnt Arnie run for POTUS?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:42:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He wasn't born here, he immigrated legally from Austria.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:49:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Alaska could be the 5th-largest city in California by population. Forgive me if I'm not impressed.
Alaska has a gross state product of $45bn, which is 45th in the nation. California's is $1,812bn (1st). Again, forgive me for not being impressed.

Say what you will about Arnie (because we sure do), but he hasn't bailed on his obligations to our state, which is more than anyone can say about Sarah Palin.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:50:24 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

i'm not surprised you don't know the answer to that.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, tell him to get a California COLB.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 2:51:54 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:

California helps subsidize Alaska with federal welfare.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/fedspend_per_taxesbystate-20071009.pdf

Alaska gets $1.84 back for every $1 it pays.
Californian gets $0.79 back for every $1 it pays.

You're welcome, Alaska.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:00:04 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

California helps subsidize Alaska with federal welfare.

http://www.taxfoundation.org/files/fedspend_per_taxesbystate-20071009.pdf

Alaska gets $1.84 back for every $1 it pays.
Californian gets $0.79 back for every $1 it pays.

You're welcome, Alaska.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:10:29 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
THE fatal flaw of the Saul Alinski'ites "Rules for Radicals" system...

Once your enemy learns your system, they will know that you will ALWAYS tell them your greatest fears and then they will ACT on those fears.

At this point, the Rules for Radicals system completely implodes upon itself.

I do believe we have a winner.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:16:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Quoted:

IIRC, it was from Tina Fey mocking Palin in a Saturday Night Live skit.

And idiots ran with it as if Palin actually said it.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Eh, tell him to get a California COLB.

That is waht i am talking about . There is nothing that says Arnie has to show proof that he was or was not born here to run for POTUS.

BTW Fuck Arnie
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:33:15 PM EDT
[#29]
He's a tool. And let's be honest, he only made two good films, Terminator 1 and Predator.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:35:46 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:

SNL. Palin just said there are parts of Alaska where you can see Russia from (Little Diomede is US, Big Diomede is Russian). It was in response to a question about foriegn policy experience. Offhand remark that she shouldn't have made, she should have talked about the Joint US-Canada commissions she was involved in.

But it's way better than Obama's answer that he went to grade school in Indonesia - yeah Palin has more Foriegn Policy experience that Obama.

Off hand remark.......shouldn't have been made, yet its fucking true and that is the closest US state to Russia so what is the issue?  Other than the fact that the libtards don't like anyone taking a strong pro-US anywhere anytime.  
If she were to don a burka and walk behind her husband and bow and scrape to some foreign national then the media would label her enlightened, maybe.

At least she knows there aren't 57 states.    

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:38:25 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:39:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Haha Arnie has a sense of humor.

On a related note, Palin is a dipshit.

That is all.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:43:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

IIRC, she NEVER said this. It was Tina Fay playing her in a skit on SNL!!!      
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:45:47 PM EDT
[#34]
My fucking goodness!  There are so many DUH trolls on here now, that it seems like I am on their site instead of ARFCOM!  
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Double tap
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Haha Arnie has a sense of humor.

On a related note, Palin is a dipshit.

That is all.

Post count...yep!
Join date....yep!

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 3:50:08 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:08:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
http://i.imgur.com/yEzJO.png

This made me laugh a bit....for several reasons.

Har har har. This fuckstick banned the .50 cal and Internet ammo and you're on his facebook? WTF?
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:22:21 PM EDT
[#39]
He banned the 50BMG,

He banned internet sales of ammo,

and he banned lead bullets for hunting.

He is a GOP good 'ole boy and we need his type OUT (and this includes all of the  Rommney, McCain, and Huckabee types too!)
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:31:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I am not a Palin fan, or an Arnold fan by any means...but to be fair..IIRC, the population of Alaska is about 700,000. The population of California is around 37,000,000.

We have mayors of small cities that have bigger budgets and more headaches than that of Alaska...FWIW.

Seems to me that running a state of 700k or 37M involves the same basic skills. The real issue is in the nature of the state, the legislature, the govoner's power, etc.

Alaska is tricky in that it is a frontier state with major resources extraction industries like oil and fishing, a rough and tumble boys club situation.

CA is tricky becuase of the public unions, the propositions, and the insane Democratic legislature.

Palin handled Alaska. Arnold became the public union's bitch in CA.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:39:34 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ha!

A great American.

Die in a fire. I wish you took MC4H's spot.

If people want to talk numbers, it costs alot more to live up here than anywhere else in the country, with the exception of maybe HI. People whine about gas prices in the lower 48, but here its still around $3.50 for the good stuff, and that's in the city. In rural areas gas prices go through the roof.

I love when people who don't fucking live here talk about AK politics.

People do die in fires you're aware, and it's an awfully sleazy way to make things personal. Moreover if I were to die in a fire, it's likely that others would die along with me. Again, an awful thing to say. Not different from wishing that someone is raped or maimed. If I were to escape death by fire, and the police interviewed me to try and help with their investigation, I could answer honestly in saying that a certain person, an enemy, had expressed his interest in my being killed in a fire.
Arnold Schwarzenegger is a self made man and a god damn fine American. He is a worthy role model.

Perhaps, after some number of decades, Alaska will be able to grow and prosper, and then, when its population and its complexity rise up to a level within sight of California's, and it will require and attract strong and able leaders.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:44:04 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

He is wrong.  You can see russia, albeit from the aforementioned island.    

Arnold can "see" fresno from LA when he takes his private plane paid for by the taxpayers to the capitol every day.
I'm no Arnie apologist, but he uses his own jet  that he pays for to fly between his homes.

Now back to the usual Arfcom hate fest.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 4:57:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Alaska could be the 5th-largest city in California by population. Forgive me if I'm not impressed.
Alaska has a gross state product of $45bn, which is 45th in the nation. California's is $1,812bn (1st). Again, forgive me for not being impressed.

Say what you will about Arnie (because we sure do), but he hasn't bailed on his obligations to our state, which is more than anyone can say about Sarah Palin.

He did bail. He bailed after the teacher's union kicked his ass. He is still governor, but now he's been usless for years.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Arnold Schwarzenegger is a self made man and a god damn fine American. He is a worthy role model.

Perhaps, after some number of decades, Alaska will be able to grow and prosper, and then, when its population and its complexity rise up to a level within sight of California's, and it will require and attract strong and able leaders.

He's a bit dubious as a role model, given some of his past behaviour.

But more significantly, he's failed to get this state in order. He's failed at his key task. And he's pushing stupid ideas like cap and trade. He's only slightly better than a Democrat.

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Arnie is a D in R clothing
Sarah is a R..... as in retard

She should stick to what she's good at, quitting

I think that about sums it up
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:34:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Laugh it up RINOs.

I can see November from my house.

*ding*

Ahrnold had a chance to really elevate himself, and the state of CA, if he had gone the route of McDonald, Palin, Christie and Barber. He had the political capital when he came in to cut social spending that is killing CA but he punted. He opted to go the 'safe' route so he'll be remembered as mediocre at best. Love or hate her, she scares the libs AND Rino's to death and because of that I support her. Is she the best choice in '12? So far looking at the field that CAN win, I say yes. So far that is....

Edit: IPhone + beer + posting= Typos
The animosity towards her stepping down is a bit suprising on 'our' side but the facts are she did the best thing of AK in the end.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
*ding*

Ahrnold had a chance to really elevate himself, and the state of CA, if he had gone the route of McDonald, Palin, Christie and Barber. He had the political capital when he came in to cut social spending that I killing CA but he punted. He opted to go the 'safe' route so he'll be remembered as mediocre at best. Love or hate her, she scares the lobs AND Rino's to death and because I that I support her. Is she the best choice in '12? So far looking at the field thy CAN win, I say yes. So far that is....

The animosity towards her stepping down is a bit suprising on 'our' side but the facts are she did the best thing of AK in the end.

Didn't realize that GA was part of AK now.

She left us with Parnell, who, is not half the governor she was. Her resigning was probably the worst thing she could have done for AK at any point in time, especially since it drew so much media attention up here.

What you might think is best for your state probably isn't the best for mine. If I vote for someone, I expect them not to go batshit crazy and at least finish up their term.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:46:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I respect that point of view, I wish she would have finished her term but the left was/is out to destroy her. In the end what she's doing now, supporting Tea-party/conservative types, *IS* doing what's better for AK, GA and the rest of the states. Even if she doesn't run in '12 she will help elect much better canidites across the county which is better for all of us.  All of us need to look at Palin, and really any candidate, in the greater good.  

Don't let perfect be the enemy of good!  Besides, your type of thinking is exactly what the libs and Obama want you to have.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:51:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Dear Governor Schwarzenegger,

Seated here, before my computer, looking everywhere, and I can't see Russia either.

However, unlike yourself, I can say that my daddy wasn't a member of the Hitler Jugend!

Sincerely,

Steve

Link Posted: 9/10/2010 5:52:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Population has nothing to do with it.

Really? Population has everything to do with it.

sounds like an excuse an east coast liberal uses when attacking Palin......how does it feel to be in agreement with that?
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top