[#1]
Quoted:
+1 for Mec Gars.

+ however many its up to now.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:05:23 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Since Mitchell's opperates on borderline fraud as a business model ie: Mitchell's Mausers, I would pass.

I'm curious about that. My father owns a Mitchell from when they were ~299 for the whole kit. Beautiful rifle and functions fine. What am I missing?

There could be a lot of other problems with them that I'm not aware of. The first thing that pops into my mind is the fact that Mitchells was, through some borderline deceptive marketing, trying to sell Yugo Mausers (worth about $100). But they implied the rifles were Nazi K98s, and subsequently charged a lot more than what the rifles were really worth.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...I've never followed the situation that closely.

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By ––bullseye––:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Since Mitchell's opperates on borderline fraud as a business model ie: Mitchell's Mausers, I would pass.

I'm curious about that. My father owns a Mitchell from when they were ~299 for the whole kit. Beautiful rifle and functions fine. What am I missing?

There could be a lot of other problems with them that I'm not aware of. The first thing that pops into my mind is the fact that Mitchells was, through some borderline deceptive marketing, trying to sell Yugo Mausers (worth about $100). But they implied the rifles were Nazi K98s, and subsequently charged a lot more than what the rifles were really worth.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong...I've never followed the situation that closely.

They also stamp rifles with nazi markings.
Put on new stocks/barrels and sell the rifles as unissued.
Charge $200 dollars more than every other dealer for a rifle. Then charge $100 extra for accessory kits that every other dealer throws in free with the rifle.

They're good quality rifles and another arfcomer (cant recall who) explained it best....After all the work they do to them the rifles are probably worth what they charge but they have no historical value and you'll never resell it for what you paid.  

They'll never get my money
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top