User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:09:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:37:14 PM EDT
[#2]
O.k.  Here is what I'm going to do.

I will stop by the store on my way home tonight and speak with the manager.  If he says pay, I pay. If not, well I tried.

Then once I get home, every kid on the block will get a real Coke.  Not a problem with this since they are usually all at my house playing with my sons anyway.  And yes, I know their parents and sugar is not an issue.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:38:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A wise choice.  Thank you for being an honest person.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:46:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I will stop by the store on my way home tonight and speak with the manager.  If he says pay, I pay. If not, well I tried.

Then once I get home, every kid on the block will get a real Coke.  Not a problem with this since they are usually all at my house playing with my sons anyway.  And yes, I know their parents and sugar is not an issue.

Not that it really matters but this makes me respect you and I don't really even know you.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:50:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Well done...!
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:12:35 PM EDT
[#7]
as long as you dont change your avtar to a case of coke you should be ok......
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:23:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Interesting moral connundrum, this.

I agree that the OP should make it right and should not brag about it.

HOWEVER,

How many members here would buy a vintage 1911 from a WWII widow or adult-child of a vet for $200 and post on here about their "major score?"

My exact firearm choice may be a poor example but you get the idea.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

HOWEVER,

How many members here would buy a vintage 1911 from a WWII widow or adult-child of a vet for $200 and post on here about their "major score?"

My exaxt firearm choice may be a poor example but you get the idea.

Fuck, you hadda bring in widows and orphans.
They fuck up every plan.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:13:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Just got back from the store.  Manager said thank you for telling him about the problem, but not to worry about it.  It was their mistake so have a few cokes on us.

The cokes are being iced down now for the kids to enjoy a nice frosty one after their dinners.

Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:16:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:44:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

HOWEVER,

My exact firearm choice may be a poor example but you get the idea.

I think a closer analogy would be you buying 24 1911s and the widow only charging you for 1.

Well Done VacaDuck.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
another "pressure washer story"

DAMN, only on ARFCOM
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:48:12 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not that it really matters but this makes me respect you and I don't really even know you.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:51:29 PM EDT
[#16]
You're responsible for the effort, not the outcome

I'm posting this after the fact but, if the store was far from me or inconvienent I'd probably skip it

I had the same thing happen at Home Depot, I didn't go back until about a week later
Even though the Dollar Amount was insignificant it bothered me, and the clerk thanked me afterwards
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:54:57 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
You probably should have just kept this little score/steal to your self.

I don't think this is going to end well. Did you really think people here were going to say "wow you are soooo cool, good theif"

He did not intentionally steal anything, he is not a thief. I would not make a trip back to Walmart for a few bucks worth of coke, its not worth my time. Do you think if they short changed him he would ever get his money back? If for some reason he is compelled to pay for the items they messed up on he should call the manager and tell him to come to his house to collect the money, if he says no then fuck it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:58:12 PM EDT
[#18]
People with morals and consciences are pathetic. You got free coke, what's the big deal? Next time you're there see if it works again.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:58:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Man I wish that would happen when I was buying ammo... Just hold up two rounds of 5.56 and say I got two "cases". Enjoy the coke...

j0hn
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:58:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:01:48 PM EDT
[#22]
Mods.

Before this even begins to get ugly, lets lock this thread.

Situation has been resolved, conscience clear, kids enjoying real Coke.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Mods.

Before this even begins to get ugly, lets lock this thread.

Situation has been resolved, conscience clear, kids enjoying real Coke.

IBTL
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:12:59 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Just got back from the store.  Manager said thank you for telling him about the problem, but not to worry about it.  It was their mistake so have a few cokes on us.

The cokes are being iced down now for the kids to enjoy a nice frosty one after their dinners.

Good for you.

You did the right thing.

Those kids you speak of have someone that they can look up to and learn from.

Congrats.

+1
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:39:03 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#26]
request
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top