User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 11:57:17 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The general attitude in much of the middle east, or at least the more rural parts, is that "women are for making babies, boys are for pleasure".

So did the Athenians, from my understanding.

As did all culture who tried to sequester women away from public and into harems.  This is why we don't do that anymore.  

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:01:07 PM EDT
[#2]
there was only one way to be sure about this country..

and bush didnt do it..

thats all im sayin....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Yeah, and they think Americans should like it too. If I remember correctly there was a problem on a base where the Iraq Army guys and Marines shared a shower facility. Some of the Iraqi Army guys made passes at Marines in the shower, that did not go over well.
Also Michael Yon related a story about a Britiish Army unit in A'stan. A British solder was taking a piss in a piss tube and a Afghan Army guy made a pass at him by trying to grab his 'Willie'. In this case the British Army guy was a dog handler and his dog saw the move as an agressive threat to his master and ripped into the Afghan, took many stitches to fix him.
Also happens amongst brothers, the youngest brother is buggered by all of the other brothers.
And they don't  understand why we would have a problem with their practices, go figure.

Sounds like if you have to be in the midyeast is best to have a mean fucking dog and if you live there be from a small family with just sisters.....
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:14:35 PM EDT
[#4]
On thursday when dark
I cringe to power the CLU
Man sex on rooftop
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:17:11 PM EDT
[#5]
There is a common saying in the middle east that if you ever go there you will probably here "men are for fun and women are for babies".
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#6]
***Appologies if this is to graphic***  
    I returned from Afghanisan in April, 2010. I have witnessed the "Man Love Thursdays" / "Orange Thursdays" first hand. Within the A.O. I opperated (Helmend Prov: NowZad, Gullistan, Dahanna, BarNowZad, BujiBast Pass, Sangin area.) the locals would paint a child(s) hands and/or hair orange, indicating that he (sometimes she) was the pre-determined child for the molestation. Having an extended medical knowledge, from my role in the military, I personally would be (when not on missions) involved with MassCas/Triage. Periodically, we would see small childeren (5-10 years old) brought to us at our FOB/ Aid Station with bleeding and trauma in their rectal / vaginal areas, along with various other physical injuries consistant with beatings (Blunt force trauma to the head, broken ribs, fractured pelvises) . Most of the childeren that came to us were in need of immediate medical attention and usually where MEDEVAC'ed to a facility that could deal with stabilization and surgery. Some victims were denied MEDEVAC and we would do the best possible for them including administering sutures, re-hydration and what ever was nessesary. Some of the childeren ( I can recall two boys 6-8yo) brought to us had expired from their injuries before they could be saved.
    The inhabitants of this region do not look at this as immoral. Women are viewed as such, that they are only needed/ intended for reproduction. Small childeren, adult men and livestock (goats, sheep, chickens, ect.) are utilized for sexual pleasure. Childern in this region are forced/ brainwashed into doing a number of things that childeren in elsewhere wolud never be subjected to. The mollestation is just one of those things. Engaging coalition forces with DF weapons, SVIED's, Insallation of IED's, recconaisance of coalition forces and running ive ordenances like mortars to mortar teams  that don't want to endanger themselves. These are also things I have witnessed first hand.  
    This is a real travisty. As a father of two (I have an 8yo. and a 20mo old) I don't attempt to understand this type of cultural behavior. INHO this is wrong on so many levels. But, it is the reality of life in Afghanistan, comat zones and throughout the Middle East. I have also seen similar behaior in Iraq and neighboring countries. However, not in the extent witnessed in Afghanistan.
Again I appologise if this was to graphic. We are all adults here and I thought that my insight may help answer the question that was asked.

Respectfully,
     USMC_0317_SS
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 12:39:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
***Appologies if this is to graphic***  
    I returned from Afghanisan in April, 2010. I have witnessed the "Man Love Thursdays" / "Orange Thursdays" first hand. Within the A.O. I opperated (Helmend Prov: NowZad, Gullistan, Dahanna, BarNowZad, BujiBast Pass, Sangin area.) the locals would paint a child(s) hands and/or hair orange, indicating that he (sometimes she) was the pre-determined child for the molestation. Having an extended medical knowledge, from my role in the military, I personally would be (when not on missions) involved with MassCas/Triage. Periodically, we would see small childeren (5-10 years old) brought to us at our FOB/ Aid Station with bleeding and trauma in their rectal / vaginal areas, along with various other physical injuries consistant with beatings (Blunt force trauma to the head, broken ribs, fractured pelvises) . Most of the childeren that came to us were in need of immediate medical attention and usually where MEDEVAC'ed to a facility that could deal with stabilization and surgery. Some victims were denied MEDEVAC and we would do the best possible for them including administering sutures, re-hydration and what ever was nessesary. Some of the childeren ( I can recall two boys 6-8yo) brought to us had expired from their injuries before they could be saved.
    The inhabitants of this region do not look at this as immoral. Women are viewed as such, that they are only needed/ intended for reproduction. Small childeren, adult men and livestock (goats, sheep, chickens, ect.) are utilized for sexual pleasure. Childern in this region are forced/ brainwashed into doing a number of things that childeren in elsewhere wolud never be subjected to. The mollestation is just one of those things. Engaging coalition forces with DF weapons, SVIED's, Insallation of IED's, recconaisance of coalition forces and running ive ordenances like mortars to mortar teams  that don't want to endanger themselves. These are also things I have witnessed first hand.  
    This is a real travisty. As a father of two (I have an 8yo. and a 20mo old) I don't attempt to understand this type of cultural behavior. INHO this is wrong on so many levels. But, it is the reality of life in Afghanistan, comat zones and throughout the Middle East. I have also seen similar behaior in Iraq and neighboring countries. However, not in the extent witnessed in Afghanistan.
Again I appologise if this was to graphic. We are all adults here and I thought that my insight may help answer the question that was asked.

Respectfully,
     USMC_0317_SS

Some people call me a liar and a hateful racist when I state similar. They just cant grasp how fundamentally different they are from us...and how we dont know this because the media continues to perpetrate the lie.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:16:15 PM EDT
[#8]
It is unfortunate that some ignorant people call you a liar or a racist. I personally don't care what people think. If they can't take a Marine's / Soldier's first hand account into consideration then they are clearly closed minded. They can always sign-up and go whitness it themselves. I know what I have seen....and unfortunately, in this case, you cant un-see something. I fully understand and so do thousands of other people. You are no liar sir, you are a just telling it like it is and that should be commended.
Respectfully,
USMC_0317_SS
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:30:25 PM EDT
[#9]
For Christs's sake! I didn't know it was that widespread........    

I would hate to have to be a medic in that region...

There are war wounds that are inevitable.

But these.................my God!  
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:32:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It is unfortunate that some ignorant people call you a liar or a racist. I personally don't care what people think. If they can't take a Marine's / Soldier's first hand account into consideration then they are clearly closed minded. They can always sign-up and go whitness it themselves. I know what I have seen....and unfortunately, in this case, you cant un-see something. I fully understand and so do thousands of other people. You are no liar sir, you are a just telling it like it is and that should be commended.
Respectfully,
USMC_0317_SS

Try doing adviser duty with them, it is just not Thursdays.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:40:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Very little I could say that wouldn't get me banned.

Makes me look at the liberals who are open apologists for the ROP in a different light. I take their support as a tacit endorsement of these "cultural traditions".

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 1:50:21 PM EDT
[#12]
So much for our Afghani allies
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#13]
They don't always wait for the sun to go down either. There is a stretch of MSR Tampa that has some ponds on the sides of the road and they like doing it in the water. Thank god I never saw any of them doing anything with any kids because I would have stopped and smashed some heads. They aren't all into it though we had a terp that all the other terps hated because they knew he was into that shit.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 2:22:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
The general attitude in much of the middle east, or at least the more rural parts, is that "women are for making babies, boys are for pleasure".
Creepy as fuck, right?

NO NOT CREEPY! IS HOT!

man I just snotted all over my keyboard

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:33:23 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Creepy as fuck, right?

NO NOT CREEPY! IS HOT!

WHICH ANUS IS MORE HALAL?

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 3:51:20 PM EDT
[#16]
For being so against pork they sure the fuck love getting pork sword injections and gobbleing some pork sword.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:07:21 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry, but there's nothing over there that's worth an American's life or a borrowed American dollar.

Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:14:52 PM EDT
[#18]
There was a large thread on this a while back. From what I took from the thread it is not "gay" because in their eyes to be a homosexual it has to be a love type relationship. Because it isn't love...just pleasure it isn't homosexuality and therefore ok.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:20:48 PM EDT
[#19]

Layers Of Retardation - That right there is valuable Signature material right there.
Link Posted: 3/13/2011 4:45:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Sorry, but there's nothing over there that's worth an American's life or a borrowed American dollar.

Amen to that, I say bring the troops home and burn the whole middle east with nuclear fire. we have lost too many of our best and brightest as it is.

Link Posted: 3/14/2011 3:04:58 PM EDT
[#21]
Poor kids...
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top