BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:54:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Oh yeah I loved that show. Where is a good source to get all the seasons on DVD?

Got mine through amazon

Same here.
Looks like each season is about $10/new.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:58:02 PM EDT
[#2]

Every single pic I have seen of those pistols makes it seem like the rear site is really, really high compared to ths front site. Optical illusion or what?
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 9:59:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

From what I've read, "Evan" is considered to be one of the two best episodes of the entire series.  I'm guessing they were never able to reach a deal with regard to the licensing and distribution for it.  

It's a shame, because it's damn good television.

What's the other one?

My personal favorite episode is Glades, mainly because of "Maybe you won't even twitch...."

There are a lot of episodes tied for second place, though.

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  Season 2 "Out Where the Buses Don't Run".

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:03:06 PM EDT
[#4]
I remember being thrilled as all hell to watch the Miami Vice live action show at Universal Studios when I was younger.

Too bad Hollyweird fucked up the movie. That was such a disgrace.
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

From what I've read, "Evan" is considered to be one of the two best episodes of the entire series.  I'm guessing they were never able to reach a deal with regard to the licensing and distribution for it.  

What's the other one?

It was mentioned earlier in the thread.  Season 2 "Out Where the Buses Don't Run".

Ah, thanks.
Yep, damn fine episode.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 10:23:47 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the other one?

Ah, thanks.

Yep, damn fine episode.  

It's on Hulu for free as are "most" of the episodes.

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]
I loved that show! The opening theme sure brings back a lot of memories from that time whenever I hear it...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZJw9jZEr6Q
Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:38:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Watching it with my dad is one of my fondest childhood memories. I have the entire series on DVD in a white, faux alligator skin box.
Did the same thing with my dad, LOVED that show!

Link Posted: 11/8/2012 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

God I loved that show. Out where the Buses don't run was some of thr best TV ever.  
I always stop in on Miami Vice threads, just to mention that very episode. My fave, no doubt.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:17:50 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Oh yeah I loved that show. Where is a good source to get all the seasons on DVD?

Woot.com had a deal last year for all of the seasons in a dvd collectors pack for $19.99.  I thought it was a spoof when I ordered it.  I even posted about it here when the ad came out.  I was quite suprised when 2 weeks later, it showed up as advertised.  That was a great deal.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:47:17 AM EDT
[#11]
Fantastic Show.  Now you guys have me wanting to get the DVD's.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:44:14 AM EDT
[#12]
I watched the first few seasons religiously as a young teen.   Then I got my driver's licence and discovered "other" things to do on Friday nights.

I have the first three seasons on DVD and have gotten up to the point that I stopped watching as a kid.   I now need to buy the last two seasons!    
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:52:26 AM EDT
[#13]
It was a very special show when it came out, just like Magnum PI.

I really feel I have yet to see their true equal, and doubt I ever will.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
It is iconic was trendy and had some great good music for it's time. Brings back some memories for sure.

FIFY  

Solid edit.

+1. Awesomw show
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:17:12 AM EDT
[#15]
One of my fav shows, I gre up watching it as a kid.

Ever consider a career in southern Florida law enforcement?
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:19:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I watched the first few seasons religiously as a young teen.   Then I got my driver's licence and discovered "other" things to do on Friday nights.

Actually, for me and my buds, watching Miami Vice was a great way to start out the night.

I remember being impressed that it was so popular despite the 10pmEST Friday night timeslot.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:20:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It was a very special show when it came out, just like Magnum PI.

I really feel I have yet to see their true equal, and doubt I ever will.

Hopefully no one tries to remake either of those shows.  Then again, with a remake of Hawaii Five-O out, I wouldn't be surprised if they went for it eventually.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:39:23 AM EDT
[#18]
Was going to post the quick draw by the Argentinian, but apparently removed from youtube due to copyright issues

Quoted:
You wouldn't shoot an unarmed man.

Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTSJ0s1A20s

A little bit of trivia - the scene below is the first time on network TV where the good guy shoots the bad guy "in cold blood".

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:49:38 AM EDT
[#19]
My favorite episode is "Out Where the Busses Dont Run."  Bruce McGill does a great job as Hank.  Dire Straits' Brothers in Arms at the last is great music.  A real piece of art.  One of the best hours ever on TV.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 2:50:01 AM EDT
[#20]
Dont flame me guys, I used to think that show was stupid when I was a children, now, I look back and wonder WTF I was thinking, that show is good stuff!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:10:39 AM EDT
[#21]
"Out Where The Buses Don't Run" is IMHO the best episode of all. The final scene when Crockett and Tubbs are cruising the MacArthur Causeway to the fugue of  sounds from the Daytona's engine, the impending weather that is about to arrive and orchestrated to Dire Straits -"Brothers In Arms". Watching that, you can actually feel the heat and humidity.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:40:40 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I remember being thrilled as all hell to watch the Miami Vice live action show at Universal Studios when I was younger.

Too bad Hollyweird fucked up the movie. That was such a disgrace.

The movie wasn't terrible but it wasn't as near great as the tv show. I heard there was to be a big Heat style shootout at the end but Jamie Foxx didn't approve due to Michael Mann working with a local gang to run set security and there was a gang related shooting on set.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:49:06 AM EDT
[#23]
El Viejo, and Out where the busses don't run
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:56:02 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
El Viejo, and Out where the busses don't run

Willie Nelson was a bad ass

One ranger
One riot
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 3:59:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Was going to post the quick draw by the Argentinian, but apparently removed from youtube due to copyright issues

Quoted:

You wouldn't shoot an unarmed man.

Wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTSJ0s1A20s

A little bit of trivia - the scene below is the first time on network TV where the good guy shoots the bad guy "in cold blood".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T7vW1oEKP1k

Greatest scene in TV ever.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:08:22 AM EDT
[#27]
Miami Vice was a family event for us. My parents loved that show and would always make popcorn or chips and salsa before it came on. It brings back some good memories.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:11:03 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:16:59 AM EDT
[#29]
wow I didn't mean to start an epic thread. It had been well over 20 years since I saw an episode of miami vice and had stuck it in my netflix instant. didn't have anything else to watch so I fired that up last night. you guys always wax nostalgic over it I figured I'd post about it.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:18:06 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Just happened to watch the episode last night were the Daytona bit the dust from a stinger missle.

That is the greatest sin ever committed on television. The show was never the same after that...
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:39:43 AM EDT
[#31]
I just watched "Smuggler's Blues" this week. . .to see Glenn Frey's character.

So many good quotes in that episode. . .

"I always like to take a good-bye look at America, just in case it's my last."
"I ain't John Wayne and I don't have an "S" on my chest, so be brief about your business when you get there."
"I take you where you wanna go, wait so long, then I'm a memory."

Another favorite is Trust Fund Pirates. . .the "junk" tirade by "Capt'n Hook" is awesome.  

And the episode with Willie Nelson as a washed up Texas Ranger.

It was hit and miss with Miami Vice.  As a lot of y'all, I didn't get to watch 'em on TeeVee when they aired. . .I found 'em later in life.  Some episodes are simply epic, others are *horrible*, like the episode with James Brown, I think.  Ugh.

Evan is a good one. . .adds tremendous depth to the show.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:41:46 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
God I loved that show. Out where the Buses don't run was some of thr best TV ever.  

One of MY favorite episodes!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:44:44 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

You can't talke about Miami Vice without this man, Izzy. He was a great character.

http://www.miamiviceonline.com/screenshots/whatever27.jpg

Th same actor played the lawyer in Jurassic Park.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 4:49:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Came here to post this

... complete with the gratuitous Hollywood slide-wrack post two-shot semi-auto firing

it was a 3 shot mozambique.  the guy was an ipsc shooter and i think the slide rack was habit.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:00:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Don't forget Michael Chicklis in the art episode when he had hair. Gota love the Nugent and one of the best ones with Danny Sullivan in it for the race one
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:10:44 AM EDT
[#36]
Dont forget The Noog Man!!!  

The cast of characters was awesome.  Look at this list!

Many notable actors, actresses, musicians, comedians, athletes,
celebrities, appeared throughout the show’s five season run. They played
many different roles from drug dealer to undercover cops to madams.
Here are some of the ore notable cameos and guest appearances….

Up-and-coming actors and actresses (at that time) included: Laurence
Fishburne, Wesley Snipes, Lou Diamond Phillips, Bruce Willis, Ving
Rhames, Viggo Mortensen, Dennis Farina, Stanley Tucci,  Jimmy Smits,
Bruce McGill, David Strathairn, Liam Neeson, Ed O’Neill, and Julia
Roberts. Additionally Michael Madsen, Ian McShane, Bill Paxton, Luis
Guzmán, Kyra Sedgwick, Esai Morales, Terry O’Quinn, Joaquim de Almeida,
John Turturro,  and Melanie Griffith  to name a few.

Notable actors of that time included: Dean Stockwell, Pam Grier, Clarence Williams III, and Brian Dennehy.

Future notable comedians included: John Leguizamo, David Rasche, Ben Stiller, Chris Rock, Tommy Chong, Richard Belzer, and Penn Jillette.

Notable musicians included: Sheena Easton, Willie
Nelson, Gene Simmons, and Ted Nugent Additionally Glenn Frey, Frank
Zappa, Phil Collins, Miles Davis, Frankie Valli, Little Richard, James
Brown, Leonard Cohen, the band Power Station, and Eartha Kitt.

Other notable personalities included: Auto executive
Lee Iacocca and Watergate conspirator G. Gordon Liddy. Athletes
included Boston Celtics center Bill Russell, Bernard King, Racecar
driver Danny Sullivan, and boxers Roberto Durán, and Randall "Tex”
Cobb.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:26:06 AM EDT
[#37]
Loved me some Vice back in the day.  I especially liked the episodes with G.Gordon Liddy and Phil Collins, they were usually exceptionally good ones.

This thread makes me want to dig out my old Miami Vice soundtrack LP and fire up the turntable.  And I might take the 645 out for a trip to the range just to bring back some memories of those days gone by.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:30:39 AM EDT
[#38]
I loved that show when I was in High School.

Made Miami seem like a cool place. Then I had to actually live there.  
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:44:35 AM EDT
[#39]
I own the boxed DVD collection - 5 seasons of pure win!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:47:38 AM EDT
[#40]
"Maybe you wont' even flinch...."   I'm still a fan.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 5:59:24 AM EDT
[#41]
comes in a white box with fake gator skin feel to it FTW !
" target="_blank">
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:43:46 PM EDT
[#42]
You guys are making me crazy...

Gonna have to pull out my dvd's tonight.  Looks like a MV Marathon night!  WOOHOO!!!  

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:52:35 PM EDT
[#43]
I was a City of Miami LEO back than....the only city car I got was unmarked Dodge. ...that sucked.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:54:36 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm watching "Evan" right now.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
You guys are making me crazy...

Gonna have to pull out my dvd's tonight.  Looks like a MV Marathon night!  WOOHOO!!!  

I started last night after I read the thread...

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 12:59:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Thanks OP

Just added Miami Vice, McGyver, and Quantum Leap.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:07:49 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

yep

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:31:36 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I'm watching "Evan" right now.

Now I have to do that tonight.
Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

Crockett: You knew. You knew he killed Arcaro.

Lang: I helped him build the wall. He was my partner, you understand? You understand?

Crockett: Yeah.

Link Posted: 11/9/2012 1:40:55 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yep

Crockett: You knew. You knew he killed Arcaro.

Lang: I helped him build the wall. He was my partner, you understand? You understand?

Crockett: Yeah.

Nice SPOILER.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top