Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:38:19 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

checked my bags and cases through San Antonino where the TSA agent was outstanding and had me watch the entire operation and he had me secure them with my non TSA locks. they get all the way to Miami International and then they somehow decided not to put them on the plane to fort myers. Now ordinarily I would not be overly concerned but we keep reading about all the luggage thefts in Miami airport. Stealing luggage at MIA is a sport over there

http://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/TSAs-Luggage-Looters-Booted-From-MIA.html

FML they even have my Dillo

I read that last part sooooo wrong.  

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cliff notes?

SOL

tldr

ETA
I am sorry they got your dildo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:54:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Vague gun confiscation/theft/lost at airport is the new boating accident.......c'mon guys get with it.

Duly noted.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:57:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GD has become like the tabloid papers in the supermarkets. Everyone thinks its cute or funny to post a sensational or outrageous "headline" to draw people in, only to be let down after reading it.
If someone has something to say or post, just say it.
I know, you won't be one of the "cool" guys or your thread won't be "epic".

This is not necessarily directed at the OP, just an observation after being here a while.

FIFY
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 6:59:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I flew from BWI to Minneapolis, by way of ATL. Had to put up with AAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL kinds of bullshit to fly with a gun. Missed our plane in Atlanta. I got customer service to contact the MSP airport to lock my bags up and they agreed that it would be, gave me a contact number, location, etc, where it would be put in the cage.

Finally got to MSP 8 hours later and there was my bag containg my gun just sitting in the hallway, 10 feet from the exit. Not a soul around.

You're doing it wrong...people fly everyday with weapons...without any problems.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:03:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
checked my bags and cases through San Antonino where the TSA agent was outstanding and had me watch the entire operation and he had me secure them with my non TSA locks. they get all the way to Miami International and then they somehow decided not to put them on the plane to fort myers. Now ordinarily I would not be overly concerned but we keep reading about all the luggage thefts in Miami airport. Stealing luggage at MIA is a sport over there

That was 2 years ago. They are alot more tight now. WHat did the airline say? Maybe the just wanted your Dillo.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:18:05 AM EDT
[#7]
lets just give you guys some idea of how bad the people and thefts are in the Miami area. I am a small sub contractor in Naples and none of the vendors I deal with will let direct order from their stores in Miami with a credit card for an item that is not in stock at the local branches because of all the CC thefts from their fellow employees. there is a culture there that believes if you cared enough to keep you stuff you would not give them an opportunity to steal it and if you did its theirs for the taking
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:39:28 AM EDT
[#8]
Sorry to hear that OP and hope it turns out well.

One time an airline misrouted my luggage. I went to CVG and it went to Dayton. Ordinarily, not such a big deal except that suitcase and a suit I needed for the next day, a ham radio, and a Glock 17.

Eventually they would have had someone courier it to me but I drove up and got it myself.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 7:59:03 AM EDT
[#10]
This can happen anywhere, but it doesn't surprise me that it happened in South Florida.  

A sunny place for "shady" people.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:07:05 AM EDT
[#11]
My AR didn't arrive with me when I went to Alaska a couple summers ago. It wasn't a direct flight, however both legs were with Alaska Airlines and there were no delays or any other issues. The rest of my luggage arrived, but no rifle (it was in a Plano case).  The airline employee was friendly and apologetic, so I didn't give her grief. I told her I would file a report with the local police and the ATF if the rifle didn't show up the next day. I asked if she could check the records since every piece of checked luggage gets a unique barcode label, and she told me the labels are not scanned so there is no way to determine if the rifle made the connecting flight or not, or what may have happened. I was not pleased. I would be interested in putting some kind of GPS tracker in with the rifle.

I got the rifle the next day with no explanation, but I was definitely spooked. For long guns, I now mail them before my trip. I'm going hunting in Alaska in about 6 weeks, and I'll mail my rifle a couple weeks before I go just to be sure.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:07:51 AM EDT
[#12]
details
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:13:38 AM EDT
[#13]
I have flew through a few airports in my day. Miami was BY FAR the worst. Dirty, total cluster-fuck organization... I try to avoid it at all costs.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:20:08 AM EDT
[#14]
somebody should be happy with a nice tika, 2 benelli shotguns, a mega monolithic 6.8 ar, a P220 R elite and a couple of Eotechs
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:33:57 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Cliff notes?

SOL

tldr

ETA
I am sorry they got your dildo.

"Of course it's company policy never to, imply ownership in the event of a dildo... always use the indefinite article a dildo, never your dildo. "
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 8:35:58 AM EDT
[#16]
Does MIA do in-terminal or behind-the-scenes baggage screening?

NVM - just read an article that says they don't have in-lines yet.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:00:03 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
somebody should be happy with a nice tika, 2 benelli shotguns, a mega monolithic 6.8 ar, a P220 R elite and a couple of Eotechs

That's what you lost?  I hope you insured it.  With that sort of coin, there is no way I would've checked them - I would've shipped them UPS or FedEx.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:10:10 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I hate boring ARFCOM with details its sucks up all their brain cells

Well, I hope you get your guns and bags back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:11:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Me?

File a claim on homeowners for lost scheduled firearms and go gun shopping.

Life's really not that hard.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:12:09 AM EDT
[#20]
I know the feel brah
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:13:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what you lost?  I hope you insured it.  With that sort of coin, there is no way I would've checked them - I would've driven them.

FIFY.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:15:00 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I guess I am SOL

TL;DR
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:24:49 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cliff notes?

You want cliff notes of a 5 word post?

Hey, I'm a busy guy. I don't have time to be reading a bunch of shit.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:28:06 AM EDT
[#24]
Checked my bag just fine in Vegas. Went through ATL fine. Should be the same on my way back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:28:46 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Me?

File a claim on homeowners for lost scheduled firearms and go gun shopping.

Life's really not that hard.

Unless you have a rider many homeowner policies max out at $2500 for firearms. ymmv
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:30:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Damn!  That kinda takes the air outta any more jokes.  Hope you get your stuff back.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:31:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Number 5 ALIVE! NEED MORE INPUT!!!

nooooo disassemble!
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:33:39 AM EDT
[#28]
So are your bags stolen, lost, or on the wrong plane?  I know that is asking a lot but you might want to find out.  Then decide if you want to post the details.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:35:52 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I read that last part sooooo wrong.  

LOL so did I
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:40:02 AM EDT
[#30]
You should have raised hell and said you'll have no choice but to get the ATF involved in this.  I've read that magically gets the "lost" items to appear.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:47:26 AM EDT
[#31]
I missed a connector coming back from Argentina last spring.  I had a case with $20,000 worth of Beretta shotguns sitting unattended in Detroit for almost 7 hours.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 9:58:24 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I hate boring ARFCOM with details its sucks up all their brain cells

Then why start a thread.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:14:06 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

I have flew through a few airports in my day.

I don't always fly, but when I do, I try to land at airports. Less sparks flying, less ammo expended. And no broken glass. I hate broken glass.

Link Posted: 9/26/2011 10:56:02 AM EDT
[#34]
I hate passing through 3rd world airports and that's right where MIA belongs.  When coming home from out of the country via Miami Internationa, I NEVER consider myself back in the U.S. until I have wheels-up from MIA.  It's nearly the same going outbound if I have to transit that damn airport.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 11:39:43 AM EDT
[#35]
I actually built part of MIA

anyways, last time I flew through there they managed to lose my two Noveske rifles and my Nighthawk 1911, as well as some mags and ammo. Even with the insurance it was nowhere near the value of what they lost... they finally found my Storm case and got me my shit over 12 hours later
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 12:53:31 PM EDT
[#36]
In the late 80's, I went on a dive trip to the keys with a group of friends. We boxed all of our gear up together and shipped from MIA to BWI. It was stolen before we boarded the plane. About 10 k worth of stuff gone.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:10:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You should have raised hell and said you'll have no choice but to get the ATF involved in this.

Yeah, raising hell works wonders with the TSA I'm told.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:17:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Good luck on retrieving them OP.  I hate thieves.
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:21:35 PM EDT
[#39]
ATF just sold them to the Cartels
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:26:42 PM EDT
[#40]
TL:DR?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:37:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Update: the courier (a gun guy himself) just dropped them off and all is good, but he did say he has delivered a chait load of baggage and never had weapons before. the case with the TSA locks looks like its been gone through
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:38:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Op I am sorry your dildo is MIA.   So what has the airline told you?  Or did you come here to post before calling them?
Link Posted: 9/26/2011 3:49:01 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Update: the courier (a gun guy himself) just dropped them off and all is good, but he did say he has delivered a chait load of baggage and never had weapons before. the case with the TSA locks looks like its been gone through

Glad to hear you've got it all back.

Link Posted: 10/2/2011 2:34:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

So you got everything back and it wasnt stolen?

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top