Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
As long as she's not 10yr younger and she can handle your maturity level, no problem....

I made the mistake of dating a 22yo at 28/29... Did not work, she was NOT mature enough....

no comment
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:55:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Stick with it and see where it goes

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Make up your own mind.
She sounds nice and you two seem to hit it off. See where it goes.
Your not dating your friends.

This.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:57:06 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I made the mistake of dating a 22yo at 28/29... Did not work, she was NOT mature enough....

Yeah, that was the problem.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:59:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
When you are 51 she will be 60.  

Worth thinking about.

Not really if they get along well.   I think there's a lot less difference at 50+, to be honest.   Women die later then men anyway.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#6]
She was screwed over by a man.

Good luck pal.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:02:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
As long as she's not 10yr younger and she can handle your maturity level, no problem....

hell––i'm 37 and my ex-girlfriend is 24.  with women, the age to avoid is usually 22.  why?  for the most part...

-a 19 year old girl thinks she knows everything, and she's fine with that.

-a 25 year old woman knows that she doesn't know everything, and she's fine with that.

-a 22 year old girl is just learning that she doesn't know everything, and that freaks her out because she thinks she's supposed to.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:03:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Age stops mattering at 18,

Not if shes 17!!!!

Just enjoy yourself and dont jump into marriage right away. Like some one else said "they live longer any way" so If it works out, in the end you may get a few peaceful years

If she makes you happy, Thats all that really matters just go with it.

Oh ya I want a pic also  LOL

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:05:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I've always dated younger chicks. Had one 10 years younger for over a year and a half. Good fun. Trick is, don't take any relationship too seriously and you'll be okay.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:06:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
be careful, there are always ALWAYS two sides to every story.  What she may have told you could be right, but there is always her side, his side, and the truth.

Doesn't that make it 3 sides to every story?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:08:17 PM EDT
[#11]
If you get along with somebody then you get along with somebody.

Its not rocket surgery or brain science, have fun and deal with shit as it comes up.

You are young and can "eject" any damn time you want.

GM
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:11:57 PM EDT
[#12]
How do we know you're not a   ???

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#13]
Dude older women are GREAT. They don't have a laundry list of BS stupidity they want to pull on you because they already got it out on the other guys before you. Try her out, I had one that was 11 years older than me for a while and she was AWESOME, I screwed it up. If this one seems gtg, don't be like me lol.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#14]
My first double tap???
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Just go out with her for a while and see what happens. It would be crazy to reject her out of hand because she is divorced. Don't worry about your friends.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:13:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Gotta see pics before I can fairly judge the situation.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:14:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I've always dated younger chicks. Had one 10 years younger for over a year and a half. Good fun. Trick is, don't take any relationship too seriously and you'll be okay.

This....

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:16:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Age is just a number.

At least thats what I tell myself when I date jail bait.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:16:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Sounds good, Women  can be very demanding until they get fucked over pretty good and they mature a bit, this seems to happen in their mid 30's. If your straight with her she will probably be straight with you.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:16:28 PM EDT
[#20]
When I was 23, the girl I was seeing at the time was a good looking in shape 33 yo, it was one of the best relationships that I have been in, after about 3years, she wanted to get married, I however at 26-27 was not ready so things got tense and she gave me the ultimatum, "shit, or get off the pot" I don't respond well to that kind of directive, looking back at the whole thing, she was a great girl, sex was awesome, but I think the age difference would have become a problem later in life, I think.....
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:17:41 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stay with it, if you like each other than the 10 year age difference shouldn't realy matter.

This sums up my thoughts rather well.  Age doesnt really mean too much...

If you guys work well with each other then thats all that should matter.

Women live longer than men anyhow, right?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:22:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So I met this girl while playing softball for a co-ed team through my work. (No shes not a dyke). We hit it off and got along pretty well. The softball season ended but we saw each other again at a Halloween party for some mutual friends. We decided the party was lame, so we snuck off and grabbed a few drinks and went to see Zombieland instead. We talked for a while afterward, really good chemistry and all.

The next night was another Halloween party. We stuck around for a little while, then went to a bar and got some more drinks. We got to talking, and I found out something that really surprised me…….she is almost ten years older than I am. She is 33, I’m 24. We both thought we were closer in age than we actually are. I figured she was in her late 20’s, maybe 28 at the oldest. She thought I was about 25 or 26. It was kind of awkward for a second, but we realized we were having fun and it wasn’t that weird. Night ended with a good makeout session, nothing more.

Here is the catch. I found out also that she had been married to a guy that turned out to be a cheater, and she left him. This was about five years ago. She is a pretty successful career woman, doesn’t seem to have too much baggage from the whole ordeal, but I gotta say I’ve never dated someone who has been married before. A couple of my friends told me to GTFO because she probably has all kinds of issues, but so far she seems normal enough. Pretty too.

Soooooo….. Potential for trouble/eject? Stick with it for now? I know you guys aren’t exactly relationship and social wizards but what do you think?

And the problem is....?

Look... I'm going to get crucified for saying this (and it's a little different for everybody), but lots of women out there aren't even worth the effort until their mid-to-late 20's.  You've got a mature woman who has already been through the fire.

She's going to outlive you anyway... what's the harm in a little age difference?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
So I met this girl while playing softball for a co-ed team through my work. (No shes not a dyke). We hit it off and got along pretty well. The softball season ended but we saw each other again at a Halloween party for some mutual friends. We decided the party was lame, so we snuck off and grabbed a few drinks and went to see Zombieland instead. We talked for a while afterward, really good chemistry and all.

The next night was another Halloween party. We stuck around for a little while, then went to a bar and got some more drinks. We got to talking, and I found out something that really surprised me…….she is almost ten years older than I am. She is 33, I’m 24. We both thought we were closer in age than we actually are. I figured she was in her late 20’s, maybe 28 at the oldest. She thought I was about 25 or 26. It was kind of awkward for a second, but we realized we were having fun and it wasn’t that weird. Night ended with a good makeout session, nothing more.

Here is the catch. I found out also that she had been married to a guy that turned out to be a cheater, and she left him. This was about five years ago. She is a pretty successful career woman, doesn’t seem to have too much baggage from the whole ordeal, but I gotta say I’ve never dated someone who has been married before. A couple of my friends told me to GTFO because she probably has all kinds of issues, but so far she seems normal enough. Pretty too.

Soooooo….. Potential for trouble/eject? Stick with it for now? I know you guys aren’t exactly relationship and social wizards but what do you think?

Pop Smoke

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:24:24 PM EDT
[#24]
My dads GF is younger than me (30+ years difference).   Who gives a shit about age.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:26:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
My dads GF is younger than me (30+ years difference).   Who gives a shit about age.

Yeah but thats ok if the girl is younger, if your 50 and shes 40 or younger awesome but if your 50 and shes 60 or more than not so good.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I would love to date an older woman. If you like eachother then age is just a number.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:31:26 PM EDT
[#27]
The age thing isn't a "catch," it's actually desirable.

You'll never look at younger girls the same way again.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:33:36 PM EDT
[#28]

She is a woman - not a girl.

Know the difference.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:35:37 PM EDT
[#29]
A literal usage of the bear.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#30]
Stick with it if you like her, but remember:

If you wake up in a bathtub full of ice cubes.... (you know the rest, you shouldn't have sold that first kidney.)

I got dibs on everything.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:37:17 PM EDT
[#31]
I would be more concerned with a 33 year old woman who has never married.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:38:32 PM EDT
[#32]
Not a bad difference in age IMO.

If YOU were 34 and divorced and SHE was 24, everyone would be thinking it was great.

GR
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Stick with it. She'll be the best girlfriend you'll ever have. I've only seriously dated women at least five years older than me. I'm 21  now and my gf is 27. They know what they want, already have most shit figured out, and at her age will screw your brains out. You are at your sexual peak and she is at hers. I honestly don't see why more young guys don't go for the middle aged women. They will do alot for you, and will probably be less to deal with than a younger equivelant. Only do it if you're willing to have a wonderful experience with the opposite sex.

Daniel

Good advice there.

My newly found love is 6.5 years older than me. Im 25 and she is almost 32, and it has no bearing on our relationship. I am much happier with a more mature, experienced women that knows exactly what she needs and wants.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:40:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I would be more concerned with a 33 year old woman who has never married.

funny you say that because my first experience with an older woman was when I was 23, she was 34. Unmarried, insane, very hot but VERY wierd. I cant forsee any guy marrying her anytime soon
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Put your hand down your pants.

Feel those two round things in a sack?

Those are called balls.

Any man with a set of balls won't be put off by a 10 year age difference.

Now quit posting and hit it.

This sums it up pretty damn good...

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:42:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Stick with it. She'll be the best girlfriend you'll ever have. I've only seriously dated women at least five years older than me. I'm 21  now and my gf is 27. They know what they want, already have most shit figured out, and at her age will screw your brains out. You are at your sexual peak and she is at hers. I honestly don't see why more young guys don't go for the middle aged women. They will do alot for you, and will probably be less to deal with than a younger equivelant. Only do it if you're willing to have a wonderful experience with the opposite sex.

Daniel

+1

I couldn't agree more!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:43:37 PM EDT
[#37]
How old are you dude?  Hit that cougar like the angry fist of God and provide a range report!  What in HELL is wrong with a hot 33 y/o babe?  

Go after that stuff, son!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:47:17 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, that was the problem.

Bhawhaw!

I think he meant to say  her loyalty to the state was questionable.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:49:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Your better off with the older woman
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:50:09 PM EDT
[#40]
F5 not showing pics?  Weird.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:50:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Holy shit, you are blaming the girl, when you are a 30 year old virgin? That poor girl is probably scared for life.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 4:59:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Life is tough enough as it is,don't go looking for problems where none exist. Most women your age are hard to deal with because they have no life experience.
Sounds like you ducked that bullet with this one and the looks must be fine because you didn't realise the age thing right of. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:09:26 PM EDT
[#43]
Headed out the door for dinner and movie, AAR will follow

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:12:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
When my wife and I married she had been married before and I hadn't. Non issue.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:14:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Make sure to lay the pipe deep, hard and for a long time. Odds are she is vastly more sexualy experianced  than you, you will need to rock her box or else she will laugh about you.

When I was 20 I fucked a 36 year old chick I worked with (she was also my friends aunt), she rocked my world. Then 3 weeks later I fucked her sister, who also rocked my world.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Just make sure she isn't just using you as a boy toy...  

I say hit it but be prepared to be dismissed if she gets bored or her husband (who she told you she's divorced from and completely over) finds out...  Don't ask me how I know about this shit...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:18:37 PM EDT
[#47]
Stick with it.  My wife is > 4 years older than me.  I consider myself her trophy husband
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make sure to lay the pipe deep, hard and for a long time. Odds are she is vastly more sexualy experianced  than you, you will need to rock her box or else she will laugh about you.

When I was 20 I fucked a 36 year old chick I worked with (she was also my friends aunt), she rocked my world. Then 3 weeks later I fucked her sister, who also rocked my world.

Dang, way to go.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#49]
If she makes you happy that is what matters.
With that said, I wouldnt date a woman older than myself.
Hell I wouldnt date a girl past 25.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:23:03 PM EDT
[#50]
And the problem is?

Date her and have some fun. If things don't work out, move on and be a better person because of it.

IF she digs you...and you dig her...10 years is not a big deal.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top