BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All you can eat fries?

Wow, I'll bet every blubber assed Mart Cart jockey in a 100 mile radius will be all over that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 12:39:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Their problem isn't their atmosphere, it's the plastic they sell for food.
View Quote

some problem

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:14:55 PM EDT
[#3]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

some problem

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a288/callgood/mcd_zps0liu0d9u.jpg

I love the experts here that say they're on the way out. I never pass a McDonald's at lunch time that doesn't have a full parking lot and drive thru line around the building. The one in my town is always busy from open to close, makes me wish I had the money to buy it.

If that's failing I want to see what success looks like.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:21:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:23:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I hope they have industrial strength toilets.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Other fast food chains sure to follow.  The franchise wars are upon us!  Demolition Man's prophecy is soon to come to fruition!

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:29:56 PM EDT
[#7]
lol St Joe.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:52:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Is there a time limit? Because I can eat a LOT fries when I have milkshakes to go with them.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 1:54:30 PM EDT
[#9]
ARen't the fries the worst part of the meal, health-wise? Sodium and higher fat than a Royale with Cheese?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:00:39 PM EDT
[#10]
I'll order fries and ice cream from there. I'd be interested in all you can eat fries on leg day
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:01:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Notice the table service and party room.

It looks like in this case the people just got shifted to provide better/more service.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Notice the Digital Kiosk part.

It looks like in this case the people just got shifted to provide better/more service.
Does that mean McD's can shift their pay schedule from hourly wage to the hourly + tip schedule to save the corp money?    Servers are soooo gonna get screwed out of tips especially first of the month.  

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:03:28 PM EDT
[#12]
I wonder how soon we'll see that "party room for rent" on Worldstar?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

The whirl star videos will be epic as well
View Quote

6500 sq ft free-for-all

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:09:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You ever notice how all the folks who "never eat there" are simultaneously experts on every aspect of the menu and cooking processes?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I think it is dependent on the restaurant.  They are franchises and different people run theirs differently.  Our local McD's is fairly good.  Fries are good.  Same as I have had since I've been young.

You ever notice how all the folks who "never eat there" are simultaneously experts on every aspect of the menu and cooking processes?

I have a vegan in the family who is like that.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:15:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

No. You were not starving. Starving takes several weeks.
You were feeling withdrawal symptoms from your food addiction.
Ask me how I know.

When you stop eating high calorie low nutrient shit food you go through real withdrawal.
You jones for that shit for about a month.

After you are completely over it eating junk food makes you want to throw up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fuck em. I don't care. You could hold a gun to my head and I would not eat anything from McDonalds.

A couple of months ago, I was starving and they were the only place around, so I stopped for a burger and fries for the first time in probably ten years.  I threw most of it away.

Ask me how I know.

When you stop eating high calorie low nutrient shit food you go through real withdrawal.

I've lost over 50lbs since January by cutting out the garbage foods (except on paydays when I get a Junior Baconator and small Wendy's chili).

Fresh meats and vegetables have made a BIG difference.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It is illegal to sue a fast food restaraunt for "making you fat".  No joke.
View Quote

this is no different than suing a gun manufacturer for someone using a gun in a crime.

you should not be able to sue a restaurant for your eating choices..
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:20:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Is there a time limit? Because I can eat a LOT fries when I have milkshakes to go with them.
View Quote

I'd smuggle in a bottle of Sweet Baby Ray's if I were going to gorge myself to death on their fries.

Before I quit carbs and sugar Sweet Baby Ray's was the best condiment on earth for McDonald's fries.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:20:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
In other words, they're opening a Red Robin serving low quality burgers.
View Quote

The bar at Red Robin always confuses me. It's not like I'd ever say "hey Bob, Lets go get shit hammered tonight! Do you want to go to the place with a bunch of Hottie Mchottersons walking around? I know, no way, man. I say we go to Red Robin and can get housed in front of a bunch of kids."
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:23:20 PM EDT
[#19]
I wonder how many families of 4, 5 or 10 people will try to eat off one order?
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 2:41:07 PM EDT
[#20]
I like McDonald's.  Unfortunately, since they changed the oil they use in the fryers, I can't eat there anymore.  The fries make me run right for the bathroom.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:56:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Next to soda, fries are probably the biggest profit margin.  A large fry is like 2 potatoes at most, so about  35 cents.  Someone would have to literally eat 8 lbs of potatoes for mcd to lose money.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 3:58:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

This, all you can eat shit is still shit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I don't even order their fries on the rare occasion I go in there anymore.   Their fries went from some of the best in the big chain fast food industry to just nasty.    They need to fix their food if they want to increase business.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, the oil companies are getting sued for not warning us about global warming.  It's about time McD's payed up for not warning us that eating too much would make us fat.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-restaurant-offers-all-you-can-eat-fries-2016-4

McDonald's is opening a restaurant in Missouri that's unlike any other McDonald's in the country.

The new 6,500-square-foot location in St. Joseph will offer all-you-can-eat french fries, customizable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, The St. Joseph News-Press reports.

It will have several digital kiosks for customers to order their food  which McDonald's is now adding to restaurants across the country  a "party room" for rent, and modern-looking couches and arm chairs for hanging out.

The restaurant will also try to appeal to young moms by hosting events for mothers and kids during the day, such as play groups and children's book readings, according to its Facebook page.

I don't even order their fries on the rare occasion I go in there anymore.   Their fries went from some of the best in the big chain fast food industry to just nasty.    They need to fix their food if they want to increase business.

Chalk that up to the whiners sniveling about trans-fats and McDonald's being forced to change their recipe and the type of fryer fat they used. That was about the time they started pushing apples and shit.

Incidentally, I used to work at the Simplot plant in Hermiston, OR where they make all the McDonalds French fries for north America. They have a freezer there that's about 100 yards long and 300 yards wide....stacked full of cases of frozen McDonalds French fries. It's pretty impressive.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:31:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When their food is prepared properly and isn't allowed to sit for an hour it's pretty good.  Classic, even.
View Quote

This, some of them are tolerable to almost good, while others are absolutely god awful trash.  I've ordered McDonalds that actually tasted downright good and even looked presentable and I have had McDonalds where the burgers were so greasy they were actually WET as in it looked like the buns were literally soaked in a bucket of grease for a few minutes before serving to the point that they were dripping and could be literally wrung out and burgers where the meat was almost completely out of one side of the bun and the cheese was almost completely out of another side of the bun and the toppings were all falling out of another side of the bun, and none of them were what was ordered.  If McDonalds could get anything close to consistent my opinion of them might actually improve.

Prime example: The McWrap or whatever the hell that thing was with a fried chicken breast cut into strips along with some lettuce and cheese and rolled into a tortilla.  The first time I ever ordered that (shortly after it first got onto the menus) it was fucking fantastic, legitimately good chicken, and a mixture of various varieties of whole leaf lettuce and everything mixed togethor evenly.  Very soon thereafter it changed into over cooked crunchy hard mouth hurting "chicken," shredded iceberg lettuce and a sloppy handful of burger toppings slopped onto a tortilla and half rolled up with the chicken all lumped at one end and the toppings oozing out the other.  What the fuck?  I used to order that all the time, now I no longer do, because it's crap, I don't even know if they still offer it.

I never know, going from one McDonalds to another, what to expect when I order.  I regard McDonalds as food for when I have no time for anything else or just want "food" for just a couple of bucks.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 4:48:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
They tested this last summer in Amarillo. You walk in and order at a kiosk. You can order the basic menu stuff or "build" a custom burger with a better patty, add guacamole or a different cheese, or whatever. Then you sit down and they bring out the food in a few minutes. I tried it once. The kiosk was a little confusing and slower than ordering at the counter, but I'm sure it would be no problem once you've done it a couple times. They've probably improved it based on the testing also. Burger was ok -  better than a regular McDonald's burger but obviously not that great if I never went back.

They just tore down an old McDonald's in Amarillo and built one of the new ones. Sounds very similar to this.
View Quote

I think those kiosks are where most of the fast food restaurants will go, my only problem with them is not the kiosk but standing in line behind the idiots who use them.  They will be used by the same people who tie up grocery lines because they cannot figure out how to use the fucking pin pad.  The same people who can't figure out how to slide their own credit card and sign their fucking name are now supposed to not only do that but something as "complicated" as touching the pictures of the food they want and confirming their own order?  The line will take a fucking hour.  50% Of the US population has an IQ below 100, now consider where the high IQ ones eat and where the low IQ ones eat and you have probably 80% of the people in McDonalds with an IQ below 100 and half of them actually functionally retarded with an IQ of celery, now you want them to use a self order kiosk?  They will spend 10 minutes each repeatedly trying to slide their EBT card... upside down and backwards...  Yeah, I'm really looking forward to having to wait behind them in line while I'm hurting to get to work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:30:31 PM EDT
[#26]
St Joe LMFAO.  It's like 12 miles from me.

Are they gonna take EBT cards?

That restaurant was a complete shit hole.  The play land was infested with north side trash.  Glad they killdozed it.

Maybe with a new place they won't pull the old "welcome to McDonalds we're only taking cash right now" bullshit they sometimes played when I'd go there after work (like 0100).

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:37:41 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Does that mean McD's can shift their pay schedule from hourly wage to the hourly + tip schedule to save the corp money?    Servers are soooo gonna get screwed out of tips especially first of the month.    
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doubt it. I'm guessingthey will drop off the food and clean up after them and do the "party room" thing. I bet they didn't let go of anyone and if so, it'll be like 1 person and 87 like asshole GDers dream of. So not only will they get paid more they might actually do less actual work
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:49:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

$15/hr?

This is what you wanted, Bernie supporter!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

$15/hr?

Capitalism will eliminate as many minimum wage jobs as possible, and robots built in China will be our new Chefs.

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 5:51:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:42:47 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Capitalism will eliminate as many minimum wage jobs as possible, and robots built in China will be our new Chefs.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

$15/hr?

Government will tax restaurants at a rate equal to what they would have spent on labor to punish them for bypassing the will of the lawmakers.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 6:58:42 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Well, the oil companies are getting sued for not warning us about global warming.  It's about time McD's payed up for not warning us that eating too much would make us fat.  

http://www.businessinsider.com/mcdonalds-new-restaurant-offers-all-you-can-eat-fries-2016-4

McDonald's is opening a restaurant in Missouri that's unlike any other McDonald's in the country.

The new 6,500-square-foot location in St. Joseph will offer all-you-can-eat french fries, customizable desserts, sandwiches, and burgers, as well as table service, The St. Joseph News-Press reports.

It will have several digital kiosks for customers to order their food  which McDonald's is now adding to restaurants across the country  a "party room" for rent, and modern-looking couches and arm chairs for hanging out.

The restaurant will also try to appeal to young moms by hosting events for mothers and kids during the day, such as play groups and children's book readings, according to its Facebook page.
View Quote

and it will still be gross

Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
The 12,000 sq ft McDonald's in Orlando closed in January making way for a 19,000 sq ft McDonald's in its place.
Table service, pizza, customizable deserts are some of things they offered there.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:06:01 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

well, looks like we will have a new location for world starr videos.
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:10:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hahahahahahahaha of course it's in st Joe Missouri.
View Quote

Times 1000x

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 4/16/2016 8:23:36 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I think those kiosks are where most of the fast food restaurants will go, my only problem with them is not the kiosk but standing in line behind the idiots who use them.  They will be used by the same people who tie up grocery lines because they cannot figure out how to use the fucking pin pad.  The same people who can't figure out how to slide their own credit card and sign their fucking name are now supposed to not only do that but something as "complicated" as touching the pictures of the food they want and confirming their own order?  The line will take a fucking hour.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 1:56:06 AM EDT
[#36]
don't know why, but iv been liking the cheese burgers with extra ketchup lately.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 3:48:31 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Next to soda, fries are probably the biggest profit margin.  A large fry is like 2 potatoes at most, so about  35 cents.  Someone would have to literally eat 8 lbs of potatoes for mcd to lose money.
View Quote

Here in Phx AZ, all sized sodas are $1.00  one of the best cokes in town.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:15:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
When their food is prepared properly and isn't allowed to sit for an hour it's pretty good.  Classic, even.
View Quote

This is why when you order you make your sandwich "special" so they have to make it fresh.  Oldest trick in the book dude.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:23:01 PM EDT
[#39]
This is probably a Beta test for the kiosks.

Thanks, $15/hour.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:26:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

well this will reduce the African American population through increased cases of Diabetes and heart disease.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:27:25 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The whirl star videos will be epic as well
View Quote

Is this the beginning of the Franchise Wars?
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 4:32:58 PM EDT
[#42]
Now all restaurants are Taco Bell...
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#43]
dbltap
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:38:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

This is why when you order you make your sandwich "special" so they have to make it fresh.  Oldest trick in the book dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Enjoy your scraped off burger.  Second oldest trick in the book.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:40:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Doesn't work anymore anyway.   I think all the meat is kept in holding bins unless you happen to get lucky.  Dry and chewy even w/ a grill order.
Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:47:41 PM EDT
[#46]

Link Posted: 4/17/2016 6:54:25 PM EDT
[#47]
do the all you can eat fries come with a disability application?
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:41:02 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
They should have warned us.   They addicted us to tasty food.  They're evil, just like big Tobacco.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is illegal to sue a fast food restaraunt for "making you fat".  No joke.

They should have warned us.   They addicted us to tasty food.  They're evil, just like big Tobacco.

I used to be obese.

I used to defend McDonalds and tell everyone it was my fault for being fat. Now that I have lost all the weight through pure diet alone.. i have come to the realization that fast food industry is indistinguishable from the illicit drug industry. They prey on people's addictions and poor decisions.

The consuner bears the highest burden of responsibility. But the fast food industry is not innocent in Americas obesity epidemic. Wherever McDonalds moves into across the globe...obesity rates climb.

Fuck McDonalds
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 9:43:54 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Ask me how I know.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fuck em. I don't care. You could hold a gun to my head and I would not eat anything from McDonalds.

A couple of months ago, I was starving and they were the only place around, so I stopped for a burger and fries for the first time in probably ten years.  I threw most of it away.

Ask me how I know.

True.

I dont even crave fast food anymore.

I think eating fast food should be more shameful than a man visiting a prostitute or at least as shameful as buying crack.

Obesity in America is disgusting
Link Posted: 4/19/2016 4:27:43 PM EDT
[#50]
I live in St. Joseph, MO where this is rolling out.

It's a gimmick.....who is going to eat very many COLD, LIMP, GREASY fries?

Because that's the ONLY way they know how to serve them in this town!

I miss the McDonalds they had in the North Belt Hwy Wal-Mart. It had so little business that when you ordered fries they would fry them to order, when you ordered a Big Mac they didn't take the burgers out of a plastic drawer and build your sandwich they fried them, then took the lettuce, sauce, onions out of the refrigerator and placed them on the sandwich.

McDonalds has damn good fries when they're  right, unfortunately that's around one in twenty visits. I've been in local McDonalds where the kid working the fries has the rack stuffed full of boxed/bagged fries and the hopper full AND the fryer full of draining baskets of fries.

Wonder why they're cold when they are served?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top