User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 9:53:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't tell me that you forgot to say, over your shoulder,  "Hey y'all --- Watch THIS!!!"
View Quote

I knew I forgot something. The only witness was my dog, and he ain't talking.
No hole in the hat. It hit right at the point of the crown and the hat went over. Had it put a hole in my hat, I would have had to shoot the little beggar several times. It wasn't my best hat, but was/is my favorite.
I'll have to check, but I don't think Stetson makes anything in Kevlar.
Grassy knoll? This is Az., but I'll check the piles of sand around the area for tracks.[:)]
I'd rather have a yard full of rattlers than a single peta airhead within ten miles.
I learned all about catching snakes from some guy on t.v. last month. Now that we got some rain, I finally got to try it.[:D]

View Quote

All I can say is if you and ComputerGuy ever get together, let everyone in a twenty mile radius know first.  You guys are dangerous.

I still don't know how that round could come back though, I don't care what it hit, physics dictate that it shouldn't happen.  I know shooters advise against steel targets in some circumstancse, but even with those, a fast round going one direction.....I'm no physicist, but damn, I just don't see how that's possible.

Mike
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:07:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I shot myself in the ass with a paintball once (Long Story)  [:D]  Glad to hear you are OK and didn't shoot yourself in the brain pan..
Link Posted: 7/12/2002 10:37:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
so I took a shot at it with a 4" S&W .357, from about 10 feet. I missed the snake,

I think you need more time at the range.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 1:51:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I shot myself in the ass with a paintball once (Long Story)  [:D]  Glad to hear you are OK and didn't shoot yourself in the brain pan..
View Quote

PLEASE!!  Share this with your buddies here!
I gotta hear this.  It seems sorta hard to do this without an ASSistant.
Link Posted: 7/13/2002 7:43:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking about this last night, before I went to sleep and came up with another idea, that might explain things better.
The slug could have hit a rock, bounced it off the tree, and that is what came back at me. I should have thought of this sooner, as it makes a lot more sense.

Link Posted: 7/13/2002 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#6]
It would have been funnier, and safer if you thought that you had the stones to pick it up.

Getting bit= stupid, and later funny

shooting self in head= no comedic value.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 12:03:28 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A few inches lower and you would have been given the Darwin Award posthumously.
View Quote
Isn't that the only way it's awarded?
View Quote

Quite right. brain fart on my part......
View Quote

Nope nope.  There *IS* another way.  If the person de-nuts himself (or de-ovaries herself), that's considered a qualifying achievement.

Think about it -- that takes them out of the gene pool just as effectively as death.  More so, actually, since there are a few cases where women have used sperm taken from their deceased husbands to do in vitro fertilization, so they could have his child.
Link Posted: 7/14/2002 11:41:01 AM EDT
[#8]
Don't denote the fact that the bullet could have hit several hard points and just happened to come back and get him by a one in a billion chance.  I had a .22 hit me in the side of the head like that once.  Good thing it was all out of trajectory by the time it got to me.  I'd say it was probably a piece of the tree or a rock though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top