Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:04:41 AM EDT
[#1]
The owners fired the guy who did that as soon as he found out...
what more do you want?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Privately owned business have the right to refuse service period.  Generally seldom done and most times to those deserving to be thrown like obnoxious drunks.  It is thier business and thier right politics aside.

Stop defending them...

He's got a point, but it's still fucked up. and if they were EMPLOYEES they do not have the right to refuse service.  the OWNER has that right.  if they refused someone that the owner did not direct them to, then they should be shit canned immediately (and burned)

They WERE shit canned immediately, read the damn snopes article.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:19:50 AM EDT
[#3]

The Shell is owned & operated by Arab people

I got that far.
It's bullshit.
Look at the way it is written.
Another "too good to be true" story.
I can't believe you people swallow it.

ETA: This post refers to the story as originally posted.
It does not refer to the true story - the one that is much less dramatic.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 7:21:57 AM EDT
[#4]
They will be out of business in a month.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:37:32 PM EDT
[#5]
I don't get it -- a few months ago, some jackasses here ran a thread about boycotting "Arab" businesses, and nearly every comment in the thread was supportive of the concept.  Oh well, whatever.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:46:19 PM EDT
[#6]
the shell gas station's near me has no concealed weapons (sticker) on their door.   i don't buy stuff there anymore.  

Link Posted: 3/8/2006 12:57:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Privately owned business have the right to refuse service period.  Generally seldom done and most times to those deserving to be thrown like obnoxious drunks.  It is thier business and thier right politics aside.

And the public has the right to know what their business practices (or discrimitory) are and how they would like to treat such businesses and their owners. So, I hope the good Texans give the shell a good "fock you and the camel you rode in on" by not doing any business with them.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:05:54 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:.......  More likely it had something to do with the fact that drunken young Marines are not what you want in your bar.

I can't imagine why.
Jim
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:08:10 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
the shell gas station's near me has no concealed weapons (sticker) on their door.   i don't buy stuff there anymore.  

And you obey it because........ ?
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:08:13 PM EDT
[#10]
If that really happened, I wish they could call in an F-18 to drop a couple of JDAMs on those towel-headed fuckers.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Where you get CA? This is in Texas.  

No such thing could possibly happen anywhere in this nation other than in California - let alone in Texas. If this happened in Texas the place would be a smoking hole come the next morning.

Night's just gettin' started, fella.

My prediction: They will lose a ton of business.
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 3:20:36 PM EDT
[#12]
that is typical of selfish ingrates.  They are free to do business because Marines like that one would be willing to give up his life for freedom.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top