Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:24:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Plus Marines are not issues Blues from boot except for a very limited number of MOS. They cost more than a boot makes in a month.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:30:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Plus Marines are not issues Blues from boot except for a very limited number of MOS. They cost more than a boot makes in a month.
View Quote

They are now
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:43:00 PM EDT
[#3]

^4-years "peacetime" Marine, not even infantry.^

No way a real Marine from the modern era has a good cookie and nothing else. I didnt included my NUC or JUMA as they are unit awards and IMO you no longer display them once you leave the unit/EAS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
you would think he would have blinged out more - kind of like this guy:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/heron163/media/photo-2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/heron163/photo-2.jpg</a>
View Quote

One would think, this hardcore blinged out set of dress blues, one would at the very least wear his tie straight.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:43:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Seen the good FSA boot "SGT" again on the news. Updated in OP. How he walked through SD on a Friday night and no one seen him is surprising.
News said he's "retired".... must be from too many paper cuts or the PTSD from a missing stapler while working at IPAC.

POGs gonna POG
View Quote

That guy is an imposter.  

In regards to your question in your OP update- No, retirees are not subject to the UCMJ in the same manner as active duty edited for clarification HDLS

Stop putting down those who have served honorably that didn't happen to be grunts because some shit bag wearing a Marine uniform pissed you off.  It makes you look petty and it hurts our feelings.

It's not our fault you didn't have the ASVAB scores and critical decision making skills to choose a better MOS.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Unless the video was from like 1987
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Maybe, but soup sandwich doesn't equal "not a Marine".

Some real deal Marines are scary dumb, I will never rule someone out based only on that.

Good conduct medal + nothing else pretty much equals "not a Marine".

Unless the video was from like 1987

this....
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:50:39 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/StevenH_2008/Somalia/Ribbons_zpsf60ce6be.png

No way a real Marine from the modern era has a good cookie and nothing else. I didnt included my NUC or JUMA as they are unit awards and IMO you no longer display them once you leave the unit/EAS.
View Quote

Don't display those other awards if you don't want to, but you most certainly rate them despite leaving the unit or EASing.

They're on your DD-214 correct?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:51:08 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Good conduct, and nothing else?

Not even a sea service or unit awards?
Blues cover 87 miles above his brows like farmer Brown.
Something is fucky...
3 years and no deployments at all? How the fuck does a guy pull that shit off?

If he's active or reserve, he needs a Kiwi injection for being a doucherag, before the ass beating he has coming for running his festering cockholster to the Camera.

View Quote

How the fuck does a guy get E5 in 3 yrs. That's not even enough for time in grade or service for Sgt. This guys a fking fraud.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:52:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Seems legit.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It's not our fault you didn't have the ASVAB scores and critical decision making skills to choose a better MOS.
View Quote

Oh it's like that then?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:54:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

How the fuck does a guy get E5 in 3 yrs. That's not even enough for time in grade or service for Sgt. This guys a fking fraud.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good conduct, and nothing else?

Not even a sea service or unit awards?
Blues cover 87 miles above his brows like farmer Brown.
Something is fucky...
3 years and no deployments at all? How the fuck does a guy pull that shit off?

If he's active or reserve, he needs a Kiwi injection for being a doucherag, before the ass beating he has coming for running his festering cockholster to the Camera.

Nope, saw it in person, it happens.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:58:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Why don't YOU do it - since you are all worked up in a lather?

View Quote

Why don't I do what exactly?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 3:59:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:00:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

They are now
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They are now

I graduated in 1991. We graduated in dress blues. Plt. 2050 MCRD San Diego
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:01:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

In regards to your question in your OP update- No, retirees are not subject to the UCMJ.

View Quote

If entitled to retirement or retainer pay; you can be recalls to active duty and prosecuted under the UCMJ.  It is rare but it does happen.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:05:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

That guy is an imposter.  

In regards to your question in your OP update- No, retirees are not subject to the UCMJ.

Stop putting down those who have served honorably that didn't happen to be grunts because some shit bag wearing a Marine uniform pissed you off.  It makes you look petty and it hurts our feelings.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Seen the good FSA boot "SGT" again on the news. Updated in OP. How he walked through SD on a Friday night and no one seen him is surprising.
News said he's "retired".... must be from too many paper cuts or the PTSD from a missing stapler while working at IPAC.

POGs gonna POG

That guy is an imposter.  

I have put no one down, maybe a jab or three at the admin warriors but come on like those jabs are not earned. As far as your feelers being hurt, Home Depot should still have some Black Friday deals going on for a Thin Skin Repair Kit.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:07:55 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

POGs gonna POG
View Quote
Know how the biggest homophobes are always secretly gay? I'm starting to wonder about you and this pogue obsession you have.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:16:33 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Know how the biggest homophobes are always secretly gay? I'm starting to wonder about you and this pogue obsession you have.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

POGs gonna POG

I fail to see the correlation between pog and gay? Now if you are trying to bait me into a game of gay chicken hope you packed a lunch.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:17:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Swim Qual Unq bootcamp sep is my guess
View Quote

Bullseye.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:19:48 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
http://i252.photobucket.com/albums/hh14/StevenH_2008/Somalia/Ribbons_zpsf60ce6be.png

View Quote

Incorrect Marine.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I fail to see the correlation between pog and gay? Now if you are trying to bait me into a game of gay chicken hope you packed a lunch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

POGs gonna POG

Use of the bacronym POG is kind of gay
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:20:40 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Seems legit.
View Quote
GIVE THAT MAN A NAM!

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:24:18 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  In regards to your question in your OP update- No, retirees are not subject to the UCMJ.
View Quote

Au contraire!  Active duty retirees ARE subject to the UCMJ.  It's RESERVISTS and National Guard troops that are not subject to the UCMJ 28 days of the month.  But the National Guard is subject to their state's CMJ the rest of the time.  

Reserve retirees are only subject to the UCMJ while receiving treatment @ a military medical facility.

IIRC, there was a General who was recalled from retirement & court-martialed, after the wives of his subordinates in Turkey complained he was fucking them on his retirement tour in exchange for good OERs for their husbands.  Think he lost some rank & quite a bit of retirement pay on conviction.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:25:21 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

POGs gonna POG

So is bringing that shit every time you see it, when every 03 I know spells it that ways since at least the 80's

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:30:35 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So is bringing that shit every time you see it, when every 03 I know spells it that ways since at least the 80's

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

POGs gonna POG

I know quite few who don't; but than again they actual  paid attention in the boot camp history classes and are not gullible enough to fall for some false narrative.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:33:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe you Marines can correct me:

I don't see a National Defense Medal. Don't you get that when you graduate basic training?

Is this guy a poser?
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:35:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Maybe you Marines can correct me:

I don't see a National Defense Medal. Don't you get that when you graduate basic training?

Is this guy a poser?
View Quote

During certain time periods - like now - yes.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If entitled to retirement or retainer pay; you can be recalls to active duty and prosecuted under the UCMJ.  It is rare but it does happen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are correct, we can be recalled and tried for Court Martial Offenses.  

I was trying to give a simplified answer to the OP.  I should have added "in the same manner as active duty" to the end of my answer.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 4:49:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

When were you active? I was in from 81-85, all i had was sea service and good conduct.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:35:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

When were you active? I was in from 81-85, all i had was sea service and good conduct.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

89-93
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:40:49 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
you would think he would have blinged out more - kind of like this guy:

<a href="http://s3.photobucket.com/user/heron163/media/photo-2.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y75/heron163/photo-2.jpg</a>
View Quote

That guy has the 100K mile stare.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

So where's his national defense medal/ribbon? Marines graduate boot camp with it and this guy is wearing a good cookie denoting at minimum 3 years of service.

Would have a GWOT service medal/ribbon too.

Soup Sammich wearing his cover like that.

Appears too young to have served prior to 2001.

I vote not a Marine (active, reserve, former, retired, ex.......)
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No way he is real Marine.

Yes way he real Marine, don't doubt at all.

So where's his national defense medal/ribbon? Marines graduate boot camp with it and this guy is wearing a good cookie denoting at minimum 3 years of service.

Would have a GWOT service medal/ribbon too.

Soup Sammich wearing his cover like that.

Appears too young to have served prior to 2001.

I vote not a Marine (active, reserve, former, retired, ex.......)
This he is a pos faker or idiot

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 10:34:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
He spent three years in boot camp?
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

dude's just outta bootcamp

He spent three years in boot camp?
that's my way of saying he's a poser.

Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Fake poser.  Not only does he not have the ribbons already mentioned, he didn't even bother trying to center his rifle badge under the ribbon...it is aligned almost to the edge of it.  

Marines generally don't fuck up on setting up our blues.

100% dead bolt lock that dude bought a set at a surplus store.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:02:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I thought the statement it makes is, "I no longer wish to be part of the U.S. armed forces."

IIRC, members in the services have said that politicking in uniform is a gigantic no-no.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so how does him wearing a uniform make a statement?

I thought the statement it makes is, "I no longer wish to be part of the U.S. armed forces."

IIRC, members in the services have said that politicking in uniform is a gigantic no-no.

He's in a protected class so that will go nowhere.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:03:05 PM EDT
[#36]
Looks like he put on his older brother's uniform that had been hanging in the closet for years.
Link Posted: 11/29/2014 11:14:19 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Read your own thread title.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top