Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:26:23 PM EDT
[#1]
So essetially if you've consumed pot and feel it's effects that means you overdosed and poisoned yourself...
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:28:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Devils Lettuce
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:29:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
By their definition,  I have overdosed on coffee multiple times.
View Quote

My thoughts exactly. By their definition, anyone who takes aspirin for a headache and experiences an analgesic effect would be suffering from aspirin poisoning.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 3:31:05 PM EDT
[#4]
the devil's lettuce

i'm about 99 percent sure beelzebub himself commissioned the creation of this doritos-binge-cactus to poison the minds of our youth

it's satan's spruce, burn it where ever it is found
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

So essetially if you've consumed pot and feel it's effects that means you overdosed and poisoned yourself...
View Quote
Sounds legit

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:17:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Probably someone mixing "spice" into it. Or just plain selling K2 as pot.
View Quote

nope they are simply counting normal slightly adverse reactions as poisoning. Sometimes you can get a little paranoid or flush or your heart rate can speed up when you smoke pot. It's not a big deal, won't kill you, and goes away in a little bit.

It's like saying I drank too much coffee and got jittery...... I WAS POISONED BY CAFFEINE! Well technically yeah you were but who gives a shit, stop drinking coffee for a bit or take a nap and you'll be fine, you don't need to go to the ER.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:24:53 PM EDT
[#7]

Marijuana exposures are defined as any situation where an adult or child suffers an adverse reaction to the consumption of marijuana, such as increased heart rate, paranoia or stomach illness, according to the Washington Poison Center.
View Quote

LOL.  Stoners piss me off, and I don't care about  legal weed.  But if that is the best they can come up...

still better than alcohol poisoning.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:27:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

nope they are simply counting normal slightly adverse reactions as poisoning. Sometimes you can get a little paranoid or flush or your heart rate can speed up when you smoke pot. It's not a big deal, won't kill you, and goes away in a little bit.

It's like saying I drank too much coffee and got jittery...... I WAS POISONED BY CAFFEINE! Well technically yeah you were but who gives a shit, stop drinking coffee for a bit or take a nap and you'll be fine, you don't need to go to the ER.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Probably someone mixing "spice" into it. Or just plain selling K2 as pot.

I just realized they were talking normal reactions. I've seen what K2 could do that were... abnormal. I just assumed it wasn't a hyped up media drive by piece. Whoops.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:30:58 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

I overdosed on cheeseburgers, my tummy hurts too.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:31:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

No shit.  If they'd set that bar any lower they'd have needed a shovel.

We need to ban it again; teenagers never smoked that stuff when it was illegal
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Their blaming a lot of these on "edibles". IE, one candy bar may be potent enough for four highs and they eat the whole thing.

Yea, just try to keep a stoner from eating the whole thing.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:39:23 PM EDT
[#12]
Their definition of "largely unregulated" and mine are...um...different.

It's regulated to hell and back.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:55:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Their blaming a lot of these on "edibles". IE, one candy bar may be potent enough for four highs and they eat the whole thing.

Yea, just try to keep a stoner from eating the whole thing.
View Quote

Well there is that, lol!  

At the end of the day it's Caveat Emptor.  You can chug a gallon of rye and kill yourself sure as shit.  

You can die of smoke inhalation if you set fire to a bale of sticky icky in the bathroom and seal yourself in.  

You can drown in your pool or run off the road or just have a heart attack from sitting on ARF and eating tons of bacon.  

LOTS of stuff can kill you.   Eventually, something WILL kill you.  

Big deal.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:56:01 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm curious to know what sort of "treatment" is being offered to these "poisoning victims".
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:57:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I'm curious to know what sort of "treatment" is being offered to these "poisoning victims".
View Quote

A bag of doritos?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:58:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Sounds like Darwin is visiting some of these guys. No fucks given by me.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 4:59:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

ORLY?
How many have died from an overdose of marijuanna?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Heard all this and more month ago when Florida voted on the weed.
Close vote but Florida survived.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:03:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

The harsh Darwinism of people getting tummy aches.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:04:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Misdiagnosis.

It's the munchies.

ICD 783.6 Polyphagia, drug induced
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hardly call a stomach ache an OD

Misdiagnosis.

It's the munchies.

ICD 783.6 Polyphagia, drug induced

Reverse Munchies? Too many doritos?  

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:05:07 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

What's the LD50?
View Quote
LD50 for Marijuana is variable, depends mostly on the height from which  the dangerous substance is dropped from, before it impacts subject's skull.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:07:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude I just over dosed on some Papa Murphy's

Totally worth it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:09:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethaldose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500pounds, consumed all at once.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
What's the LD50?

According to which US Government authority you want to believe, the lethaldose of marijuana is either about one-third your body weight, or about 1,500pounds, consumed all at once.

Which of them is the FDA LD50?  'Cause I'm going with the other one.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
zero sympathy.  am I evil for that?
View Quote

Nope, I've met you and you're a level-headed person.  Not that you really needed an affirmation or validation from me or anything like that.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:18:13 PM EDT
[#25]
"Poisoning"

For a new user, who consumes too much, *especially* edibles where you can have way too much before you realize it, you may feel like you're going to die.  Then you realize all you need to do is go to sleep and you'll wake up feeling just fine.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Mike Brown was on pot when he attacked officer Wilson.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:23:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Let's examine this logic.

When something is illegal, it is easier for a kid to get than when it's legal and controlled. e.g. alcohol is more difficult for a high schooler to get than pot.

So, do you honestly believe that the incidence of kids smoking pot has gone up with the legalization???

As far as the OP goes, I can see some inexperienced people eating it and seeking medical attention. It won't kill you but it can really freak someone out. i.e. the cop who ate a stash and called 911 cause he was tripping balls.

ETA wingnutz beat me to the cop freak out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Several grade school teachers have remarked that little kids come to school reeking of pot smoke instead of cigarettes.  Bet it is great on their mental development.

When something is illegal, it is easier for a kid to get than when it's legal and controlled. e.g. alcohol is more difficult for a high schooler to get than pot.

So, do you honestly believe that the incidence of kids smoking pot has gone up with the legalization???

As far as the OP goes, I can see some inexperienced people eating it and seeking medical attention. It won't kill you but it can really freak someone out. i.e. the cop who ate a stash and called 911 cause he was tripping balls.

My sister in law started smoking weed in grade school 20 years ago.  It's laughably absurd to think any laws have any affect on whether kids can get weed or not.  It's everywhere for anybody who wants it and always has been.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
"Poisoning"

For a new user, who consumes too much, *especially* edibles where you can have way too much before you realize it, you may feel like you're going to die.  Then you realize all you need to do is go to sleep and you'll wake up feeling just fine.
View Quote

That generally cures MJ poisoning better than anything. "Get this doper to bed! Stat!"
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:43:44 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

LD50 for Marijuana is variable, depends mostly on the height from which the dangerous substance is dropped from, before it impacts subject's skull.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

What's the LD50?
LD50 for Marijuana is variable, depends mostly on the height from which the dangerous substance is dropped from, before it impacts subject's skull.

More importantly, what's the TLV and TWA for it?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:46:33 PM EDT
[#30]
some users could be getting their hands on laced pot.   Just watched an episode of Locked Up where a guy appeared to experiencing a psychotic episode.   He admitted to smoking "wet",  pot laced with embalming fluid.  Good grief.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:52:31 PM EDT
[#31]
Could it be that it is just reported more now that it is legal? I mean who is going to go to the hospital when they know they will be charged with something?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:55:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

That generally cures MJ poisoning better than anything. "Get this doper to bed! Stat!"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Poisoning"

Or sugar... although they may seem cautious of accepting sugar cubes from a stranger.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 5:58:36 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Well hell they've extracted the THC from the plant to market it in different products but also increased it's potency. Then they wonder why this crap is happening?
View Quote

Bull shit. It's a bunch of virgins getting their hands on some good shit and freaking out when they feel a bit funny.

They just need an experienced friend to sit with them.

Just in case fucking Youtube embed fucks up

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Marijuana exposure incidents, or 'pot poisonings,' have spiked in Washington state ...
View Quote

Thinning of the DNA pool to eliminate the weak-minded, or Darwinism in action.

Thank you , Mr. Darwin.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:10:42 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Their definition of "largely unregulated" and mine are...um...different.

It's regulated to hell and back.
View Quote

Same thing they say about gun sales.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:13:44 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. By their definition, anyone who takes aspirin for a headache and experiences an analgesic effect would be suffering from aspirin poisoning.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

I was just referring to unwanted effects. I've definitely drank too much coffee on occasion and gotten a racing pulse & stomach ache.

Time to sue Juan Valdez.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Marijuana exposures are defined as any situation where an adult or child suffers an adverse reaction to the consumption of marijuana, such as increased heart rate, paranoia or stomach illness, according to the Washington Poison Center.
View Quote

I had a marijuana exposure almost every time I smoked pot.  

Fucking Taco Bell.  
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#38]
What a moron who overdoses on THC edibles might look like.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:37:12 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Thank you , Mr. Darwin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Marijuana exposure incidents, or 'pot poisonings,' have spiked in Washington state ...

Thank you , Mr. Darwin.
If someone was dumb enough to OD on marijuana to the point of death, you could say Darwinism is attempting to weed out stupidity from the gene pool.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#40]
I don't think temporary stomach discomfort or elevated heart rate is enough to qualify for Darwin Award.

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:45:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Edibles have caused people to act nuts because they eat several times the dose it says on the package.

They get sent to the ER because no one wants to deal with their shit.

They're not "poisoned" but they're still over utilizing resources because people are worried enough about their dumb asses to call the amperlamps.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:47:19 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Some 210 marijuana exposures were reported in the first nine months of the year, more than in all of 2013, according to Washington Poison Center Clinical Managing Director Alexander Garrard.
View Quote

Well, if you deregulate it, of course people will be more comfortable to report it.  This is why many heroin overdoses die.  They don't want to report their friend being unresponsive and get into trouble.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:54:19 PM EDT
[#43]
Marijuana poisoning.

OK

This reminds me of a very common call I ran as a paramedic. "Alcohol Poisoning".   That was the drama queen phrase for someone that drank until they got sick.

I know someone will call me out and say that you can "poison" yourself on alcohol or even kill yourself on alcohol. I am aware of that. But out of the thousands of "alcohol poisoning" calls I have run, they all drank until they got sick or passed out or got sick and passed out. In other words they were drunk.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 6:55:30 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Several grade school teachers have remarked that little kids come to school reeking of pot smoke instead of cigarettes.  Bet it is great on their mental development.

Ive mentioned this before.

In HS I could (not that I would) get weed delivered to my house faster than a pizza. It was way easier to get than alcohol. I suppose if you had an older brother or something YMMV, but thats JME and everyone else I knew. Weed was far more prevalent than alcohol too at parties, school, and such.

But flip side ,I guess, is I drink (as an adult) because its a drug of convenience. I drive a mile up the street to the store and buy it. Easy peasy. If I had to wait 30min in a Denny's parking lot at 11:00 pm for my Captain Morgan I probably wouldnt do that either.

</shrugs>

Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:05:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ambulance transport with the paramedics rolling their eyes.
Put the patient in a chair out in triage.
After several hours the "patient" is taken back to the ER.
Vital signs are taken for documentation on the chart.
Pt is sent home.
The bills for the ambulance and the ER are never paid.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:06:20 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Marijuana poisoning.

OK

This reminds me of a very common call I ran as a paramedic. "Alcohol Poisoning".   That was the drama queen phrase for someone that drank until they got sick.
I know someone will call me out and say that you can "poison" yourself on alcohol or even kill yourself on alcohol. I am aware of that. But out of the thousands of "alcohol poisoning" calls I have run, they all drank until they got sick or passed out or got sick and passed out.
View Quote

We get overdose calls all the time that turn out to be kids who drank too much.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:27:07 PM EDT
[#47]
man nothing I have to say and my own experiences dealing with fucktarded friends would be coc.
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:29:02 PM EDT
[#48]
I didn't know that was possible
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:29:57 PM EDT
[#49]
If vodka soaked tampons up your butt get you drunk hella fast, why not rip a bong with your butt?
Link Posted: 11/25/2014 7:32:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Indeed
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top