BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:20:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I thought GD was all for Three Strikes Laws to put multiple time offenders away and keep them out of society.  Of course, that's only if the 3 strikes are for things GD determines to be really, really bad - and drug dealing apparently ain't one of those things...........
View Quote
i'm tired of having my tax dollars wasted on something that isn't working.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:21:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I thought GD was all for Three Strikes Laws to put multiple time offenders away and keep them out of society.  Of course, that's only if the 3 strikes are for things GD determines to be really, really bad - and drug dealing apparently ain't one of those things...........

Three Strikes or WoD?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:26:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The will of the people - the jury, nullified.
View Quote

I seriously doubt that the jury sentenced him or knew that he would be eligible for Life Without if convicted.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:34:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
View Quote

More of this 'I thought GD says bullshit? Give it a fuckin rest.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:49:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
20 years of that man's life, wasted.
View Quote

If it were simple possession for personal use, I'd reflect your sentiment. But when you're trafficking 6 lbs of a drug you know is illegal? Lol, go claim your prize and thanks for playing the Stupid Game™.

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Good pardon.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:02:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

lol
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:24:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Good.  Imprisoning someone for a plant is absurd.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 7:27:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Even if people shoot each other over who is going to sell 'the plant' on this corner or that one?

The "plant" canard is so tired.  Heroin and Cocaine come from plants too.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:48:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Even if people shoot each other over who is going to sell 'the plant' on this corner or that one?

View Quote

Whiskey, wine, and beer come from plants, too. People used to shoot each other over who was going to sell 'the plants' on this corner or that one. How did we put a stop to people shooting each other over who would sell whiskey, wine, and beer on this corner or that one?
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

more than that.  20 years in prison changes a person
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

more than that.  20 years in prison changes a person

clearly his first two trips to prison didn't change him.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I shoot three people on a corner because I want to sell this 'harmless plant' there instead of them, would I be in prison "just because of marijuana?"  

Would I get the full measure of marijuana apologists clamoring for my release?

View Quote

No.  It wouldn't matter to me if you wanted to sell lemonade on that corner.  You would just be a fucking murderer.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:20:22 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

No.  It wouldn't matter to me if you wanted to sell lemonade on that corner.  You would just be a fucking murderer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If I shoot three people on a corner because I want to sell this 'harmless plant' there instead of them, would I be in prison "just because of marijuana?"  

Right.   Thank you.  

A criminal is a criminal just like the turd subject of this story.   I don't believe in abortion but I deem Eric Rudolph a criminal.  

Marijuana apologists don't have that same intellectual honestly.  They believe a crime is a crime only unless it's even tangentially related to their 'peaceful plant' that people kill each other over every single day.  

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:32:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Whiskey, wine, and beer come from plants, too. People used to shoot each other over who was going to sell 'the plants' on this corner or that one. How did we put a stop to people shooting each other over who would sell whiskey, wine, and beer on this corner or that one?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is another tired argument that doesn't work.  You'd have to advocate for legalizing heroin and cocaine the same way in that case, because there is as much demand or greater in dollars than there is for marijuana.   But intellectual honesty isn't a trait followed by the talking points marijuana apologist.

Alcohol was 100% legal since forever until it was outlawed, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.  People who grew an appreciation for alcohol did so legally before it was taken away from them.  Those that appreciate marijuana have developed that wholly under the umbrella of crime.  The crime to smuggle it in here, the crime in violence to deliver it to the dealers and the crime of both selling, purchasing, possessing and using it.   Marijuana has never been legal (and the fed will never allow it to be for various reasons).   And the difference in demand today between alcohol and marijuana in market share are laughable by comparison.  

There's no money in it, otherwise it would have happened years ago.   There aren't even any votes worth chasing or the democrats would have cause marketed it when they owned congress and the white house and knew congress was in danger in the mid-terms.  They did nothing, and the president was an avid dope smoker.  Because it's a loser issue.

Where's the bill to completely legalize it federally and who are the co-sponsors it has?

Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:39:12 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I've known a few murderers in my lifetime   1 got 6 years ,beat a guy pretty much to death,shot him twice in the head and ran back and forth over him in his car. got 6 years
Another beat a guy to death in a one sided bar room brawl.4 years he served
Last one killed his ex,8 years

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The guy who killed my father was sentenced to less time.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

That is a travesty.  But, not related to this.
I've known a few murderers in my lifetime   1 got 6 years ,beat a guy pretty much to death,shot him twice in the head and ran back and forth over him in his car. got 6 years
Another beat a guy to death in a one sided bar room brawl.4 years he served
Last one killed his ex,8 years

Yeah, but they probably weren't dopers.  

Have you seen the damage a pot needle can do.  People get giggly, overeat, and sleep.  It's horrible.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 10:40:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Would I personally recommend a sentence of life for someone selling weed?  No.
Do I think his sentence was crap and a waste of tax payer money?  Yes.

But at the same time, I have zero fucks to give for someone who repeatedly broke the laws of their time, knowing full well what the consequences could be.  Life does not have a reset button, and we should all be playing for keeps.  Don't cry when you're hand gets caught in the cookie jar, and ask for a do-over.  It's the same type of emotional logic the FSA have with regard to the benefits they think society owes them for their lot in life - never mind they made the choices which culminated into their particular situation.

I feel bad for this guy's family.  Not for him.

View Quote

+1

You said that way better than I could have.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:15:15 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

That is another tired argument that doesn't work.  You'd have to advocate for legalizing heroin and cocaine the same way in that case, because there is as much demand or greater in dollars than there is for marijuana.   But intellectual honesty isn't a trait followed by the talking points marijuana apologist.

Alcohol was 100% legal since forever until it was outlawed, so it's an apples to oranges comparison.  People who grew an appreciation for alcohol did so legally before it was taken away from them.  Those that appreciate marijuana have developed that wholly under the umbrella of crime.  The crime to smuggle it in here, the crime in violence to deliver it to the dealers and the crime of both selling, purchasing, possessing and using it.   Marijuana has never been legal (and the fed will never allow it to be for various reasons).   And the difference in demand today between alcohol and marijuana in market share are laughable by comparison.  

There's no money in it, otherwise it would have happened years ago.   There aren't even any votes worth chasing or the democrats would have cause marketed it when they owned congress and the white house and knew congress was in danger in the mid-terms.  They did nothing, and the president was an avid dope smoker.  Because it's a loser issue.

Where's the bill to completely legalize it federally and who are the co-sponsors it has?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You are grandly wrong.

First, I advocate legalization of all drugs.

Second, the fact that evidence supporting legalization of marijuana also supports legalization of other drugs does not mean that it is in any sense dishonest to support legalization of marijuana but not of other drugs. One might believe that cocaine and heroin present a risk of addiction and overdose that marijuana does not and that therefore only marijuana should be legalized.

Third, your "facts" are pure trash. Drug prohibition began in or about 1914. Before that, marijuana, cocaine, heroin, and any other drug you can think of were legal "since forever."

Was the traffic in liquor associated with violence before or after Prohibition?
Was the traffic in liquor associated with violence during Prohibition?
Was the traffic in drugs associated with violence before drugs were outlawed?
Has the traffic in drugs been associated with violence since drugs were outlawed?

Answer the questions, then try to respond to the tired argument with something resembling facts and reason.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:20:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

what was a Mexican cartel doing buying dope from him?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes...

just think what he could have contributed to society if he continued his association with Mexican drug cartels!

We all know the cartels have only been involved in victim-less distribution of harmless drugs!!

what was a Mexican cartel doing buying dope from him?

that part didn't make much sense...on the surface.
Link Posted: 9/1/2015 11:55:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the WoD is a fucking crock of shit.  It has done absolutely nothing to curb the demand or the supply.  It has only served as a means to raise taxes and give government a tool to destroy the constitution.  We still have the same percentage of the population using drugs today as we did over 100 years ago, but we have given the government a lot more ability to intrude into our lives.  I know I would rather deal with a bunch of junkies kicking in my door to find drugs than a bunch of cops doing the same.

Ask yourself this question...  If we are unable to keep drugs out of prison, how do you expect to keep drugs out of a free society?

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 12:07:08 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

He didn't go to jail for weed.  He went to jail because criminals don't care about the law.  I've yet to see a criminal who was totally law abiding except for the one law they didn't like.  He chose to commit felony crimes...he will continue.  

More innocent people will end up victimized.  

Jail isn't punishment.  It just separates people who choose to break the law from those who don't...nothing more.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will victimize some hapless citizen or several, ending up back in jail.
Maybe he'll move to Colorado where what he got life without parole for is done everyday, legally.

He didn't go to jail for weed.  He went to jail because criminals don't care about the law.  I've yet to see a criminal who was totally law abiding except for the one law they didn't like.  He chose to commit felony crimes...he will continue.  

Jail isn't punishment.  It just separates people who choose to break the law from those who don't...nothing more.

Just think there are some people who get paid to write pro-government doublespeak but FedDC does it for free
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:13:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Just think there are some people who get paid to write pro-government doublespeak but FedDC does it for free
View Quote

The law creates business for the law.  Without the WOD there wouldn't be any Mexican Drug Cartels because there wouldn't be any profit in it for them.  There wouldn't be any drug "violence" because there wouldn't be a black market.  Which by their very nature are violent because they involve money without the relief of the courts, or contract enforcement.  

It's a crazy vicious cycle.  

The more prohibitions, laws, and regulations the more crime and violence, and the more need for enforcement.  

Should there be a black market in marijuana?  No. Government employees shouldn't concern themselves with consumption laws.  They should focus on trying to protect the natural rights of individuals.  So by all means go after crimes that violate other's natural inalienable rights.  

It's really not that complicated.  

Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:18:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

The law creates business for the law.  Without the WOD there wouldn't be any Mexican Drug Cartels because there wouldn't be any profit in it for them.  There wouldn't be any drug "violence" because there wouldn't be a black market.  Which by their very nature are violent because they involve money without the relief of the courts, or contract enforcement.  

The more prohibitions, laws, and regulations the more crime and violence, and the more need for enforcement.  

Should there be a black market in marijuana?  No. Government employees shouldn't concern themselves with consumption laws.  They should focus on trying to protect the natural rights of individuals.  So by all means go after crimes that violate other's natural inalienable rights.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There is no way they want to "win" the war on drugs and make the problem really go away. Too much money and power in being the biggest cartel/gang in town, you know all those asset forfeiture without charges practices came from the war on drugs too
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:22:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Cops and puritans will defend this shit.  Do not doubt me.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:53:27 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
He will victimize some hapless citizen or several, ending up back in jail.
Maybe he'll move to Colorado where what he got life without parole for is done everyday, legally.

Yep just like those evil people who go to New York from Texas thinking they can bring their weapon so they will be able to defend themselves.  God damned criminals should be in jail.
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:55:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't know, are you?  You have a lot of posts in GD so I guess you are all for this?  What is your opinion?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:56:31 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

cool...legalize them too
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 1:58:14 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Right.   Thank you.  

A criminal is a criminal just like the turd subject of this story.   I don't believe in abortion but I deem Eric Rudolph a criminal.  

Marijuana apologists don't have that same intellectual honestly.  They believe a crime is a crime only unless it's even tangentially related to their 'peaceful plant' that people kill each other over every single day.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Right.   Thank you.  

They don't kill each other over the plant. Guess we should ban money though.....
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:05:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Would I personally recommend a sentence of life for someone selling weed?  No.
Do I think his sentence was crap and a waste of tax payer money?  Yes.

But at the same time, I have zero fucks to give for someone who repeatedly broke the laws of their time, knowing full well what the consequences could be.  Life does not have a reset button, and we should all be playing for keeps.  Don't cry when you're hand gets caught in the cookie jar, and ask for a do-over.  It's the same type of emotional logic the FSA have with regard to the benefits they think society owes them for their lot in life - never mind they made the choices which culminated into their particular situation.

I feel bad for this guy's family.  Not for him.

View Quote

Would you have sympathy for someone in CT who didn't register their guns?  How about someone who decided they wanted the ability to defend themselves and carried illegally in a state where you can't get a license?
Link Posted: 9/2/2015 2:09:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I think the WoD is a fucking crock of shit.  It has done absolutely nothing to curb the demand or the supply.  It has only served as a means to raise taxes and give government a tool to destroy the constitution.  We still have the same percentage of the population using drugs today as we did over 100 years ago, but we have given the government a lot more ability to intrude into our lives.  I know I would rather deal with a bunch of junkies kicking in my door to find drugs than a bunch of cops doing the same.

Ask yourself this question...  If we are unable to keep drugs out of prison, how do you expect to keep drugs out of a free society?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Make it less free than a prison?

That seems to be the trend, anyways.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top