Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:11:43 PM EDT
[#1]
This is insane. Guys if you have ever hunted or eaten a peace of meat then you cannot object to the cat being eaten. Pets have rights only in so far as people own them. They are property! I love my cat and my ferret, and if someone was to come and kill them the law should deal with that. Not because my pets have some RIGHT to live but because they are my pets and my rights to property would be violated!

ONLY VEGANS SHOULD BE SPEAKING UP HERE! And the hell with them too.

You’re as bad as the people own believe they have the right to take your guns because they don't like the IDEA of them being around.

You sound like the whiney the girls at my school.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:25:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:29:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Feeding one animal to another animal, is not the same as if they were in the wild.

Hey if you want to feed a live cat to a snake, then leave the claws on the cat, and let the snake work for his meal.

A full size tom cat, will put the hurt on medium sized constrictor. ---Not True---Both a decent constrictor or a monitor will bite a full-sized cat in half. No prob.

I have read that people who enjoy watching helpless animals being being killed like this, are sexually immature, they do this to satisfy
a perverted sexual appetite.

Similiar to those who mistreat animals and sexually abuse children.

It is not a macho thing, it is a deviant thing.

---Ahh, Cracker Jack psychology. You shouldn't beleive everything you read.-- D.

Waterdog

View Quote
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:32:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Feed your snake black, Labrador puppies.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:13:11 PM EDT
[#6]
My God, man.  I hope you're kidding.

My overgrown black Labrador "puppy" once trampled a large western diamondback rattlesnake, while out quail hunting.  I checked over the dog and saw no bite -marks.  I then held vigil over that snake with my shotgun.  "If my dog dies--you die."

A half-hour later, snake, man and dog went their merry ways(intact and healthy).
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So by your logic then I guess I would consider YOU this SHARKS NATURAL PREY right?

View Quote

Like Gunbert said, if another animal fits in a snake's mouth (or any predator's) then that animal is its natural prey.

Human beings are a force of nature, so anything that results from our actions - i.e., [i]Felis domesticus[/i] being introduced to python habitats in S. America - is a natural occurrence. In the greater scheme of things, nature doesn't care whether an animal's habitat is destroyed by a flood, volcanic eruption, herd of hungry elephants moving into the area, or humans with saws or bulldozers clearing land to build new homes.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 6:29:56 PM EDT
[#8]
So if someone put a cute little goldfish in a piranha tank and watched the piranha tear up the cute little thing, would that be considered cruelty to animals? In the wild, piranhas DO NOT eat cute little goldfish.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:05:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Some of you are Screwed in the head.
Do you eat BURGERS, VEAL, HOTDOGS,? Oh but thats different you say? Why because they are not CUTE? you are the sick ones. There is NO DIFFERENCE between a cat,mouse,rabbit,cow or pig, they are all animals used for feed.

GET A FRICKIN GRIP !!!!!!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:37:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:47:40 PM EDT
[#11]
HA HA!

I hope your snake dies.

Many kittens and puppies have internal parasites that are harmful to snakes, and I hope yours gets one and dies a slow and painful death.  

"Life is life"

Whatever.  Let's feed your ass to something and watch for enjoyment!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:51:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Fucking redneck mullet headed tards.  

A lot of you do need to be disarmed, you're so fucking dumb.

No, really.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 7:53:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Perhaps someday a BATF agent will break down your door and shoot your family at point blank, and one agent will mutter to the other, "Life is life."

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:01:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Maybe this should be a new AR15.com fire mission! We'll bombard Purina and force them to make "Snake Chow"! [rolleyes]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:17:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Tool f-off you childish S#!T.

To the rest of you take a chill pill. Your getting way excited over this. Many people hunt here and we kill cute things that some people have as pets. Some people love rabbits but no one cares when snakes eat those. If someone does this to a neighbors cat then they have a problem but if someone feeds THEIR cat to THEIR snake then YOU need to stay out of it. If some one is tortureing animals for fun then they are sick. This WASN'T torture it was feeding time.

Now if the guy didn't feed the snake THAT would have been animal cruelty. Thats the law.

Guncrazy223

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:26:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Good Lord people?

Natural selection?
kill or be killed?
The strong survive?
the meek wont inherit the earth!
the food chain goes from top to bottom!

Shit like that ?? remember?
Get a grip ! The world is like that,, whether you like it or not!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#18]
S.W.A.T. Teams shoot the Dogs of suspected drug dealers as well as neighbor's dogs to increase their "stealth" and are not liable for anymore than what the dogs may "COST" on the market. This guy uses his OWN cat to feed his OWN snake. Where is there any harm in this?
[uzi] Here kitty kitty kitty...

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:31:22 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:

So by your logic then I guess I would consider YOU this SHARKS NATURAL PREY right?

View Quote

[b]Like Gunbert said, if another animal fits in a snake's mouth (or any predator's) then that animal is its natural prey.

Human beings are a force of nature, so anything that results from our actions - i.e., [i]Felis domesticus[/i] being introduced to python habitats in S. America - is a natural occurrence. In the greater scheme of things, nature doesn't care whether an animal's habitat is destroyed by a flood, volcanic eruption, herd of hungry elephants moving into the area, or humans with saws or bulldozers clearing land to build new homes.
View Quote
[/b]

Right........so if you are out for a swim and Mr.SHARK decides you look like lunch and your going to fit in his mouth quite nicely then don't scream for anyone to help you as you are in Mr.SHARKS habitat and are now part of Mr.SHARKS available prey species.I mean you are a part of nature too,and in the Ocean man is not always at the top of the food chain,but just another meal.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:37:19 PM EDT
[#20]
[b]
Quoted:
Good Lord people?

Natural selection?
kill or be killed?
The strong survive?
[red]the meek wont inherit the earth![/red]
the food chain goes from top to bottom!

Shit like that ?? remember?
Get a grip ! The world is like that,, whether you like it or not!
View Quote
[/b]

Well you are wrong,as the MEEK have always inherited the Earth.Did the Dinosaurs survive?No!Did cockroaches,dragonflies,small mammals etc. survive?Yes they did!During every mass extinction it has always been the smaller more adaptable creatures that survive.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:39:02 PM EDT
[#21]
you know what brother?  Molitas?

I went Diving today off of the coast of California. On the Eureka oil rig,
I got my limit of Scallops"10" and we got chased off the rig !cuz of high security! "understood and acknowledged"
and went to Palos Verdes to hunt the Kelp ,

I saw a 6' Blue shark and a smaller White shark on my dives? and do you know what?
I know my place in nature Bud!

"Life is but a second away"
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I still stand by with what I say!
and I would apprecieate you commenting on our life as we know it
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:44:55 PM EDT
[#23]
[b]
Quoted:
you know what brother?  Molitas?

I went Diving today of of the coast of California. On the Eureka oil rig,
I got my limit of Scallops"10" and we got chased off the rig !cuz of high security! "understood and acknowledged"
and went to Palos Verdes to hunt the Kelp ,

I saw a 6' Blue shark and a smaller White shark on my dives? and do you know what?
I know my place in nature Bud!

"Life is but a second away"
View Quote
[/b]

Good......I am glad you have a firm grasp on your significance in the grand scheme of things.I merely suggest that you are mistaken about animal species and their history.Maybe watch PaleoWorld sometime on TLC.
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 8:51:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Yes I understand our evolution.
Just make sure? you are making a significant example to the time referance we are discussing?
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:17:18 PM EDT
[#25]

I should have known not to post a site like this...  [rolleyes]  

Azexarms on the first page has the right idea...  keep your f-ing cats out off my property
and they won't go bye bye...  I reserve the right to protect my chickens/chicks, dwarf rabbits, etc., from cats or dogs....  I love animals as I have a Wolf and Dog myself. It's really quite simple.. your dog or cat enters my property...  I protect what's mine...  As far as I'm concerned those stray cats I fed Max were a gift from God.....

#1  The cats were never declawed...  just trimmed.....  No bleeding...
#2  The cats never screamed...  only the Rabbits who's claws were also trimmed..
#3  Rabbits were Max's food of choice..  Only when I lost my rabbit contact for a few months did I resort to his diet change...  
#4  Max was a snake I owned in the early 80's...  
#5  I don't advocate cruelty to animals....
#6  Some of you people do need to get a grip!

Realist out
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:25:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Azexarms on the first page has the right idea...  keep your f-ing cats out off my property
and they won't go bye bye...  I reserve the right to protect my chickens/chicks, dwarf rabbits, etc., from cats or dogs....  I love animals as I have a Wolf and Dog myself. It's really quite simple.. your dog or cat enters my property...  I protect what's mine...  As far as I'm concerned those stray cats I fed Max were a gift from God.....

#2  The cats never screamed...  only the Rabbits who's claws were also trimmed..
#3  Rabbits were Max's food of choice..  Only when I lost my rabbit contact for a few months did I resort to his diet change...  

Realist out
View Quote

poor Fluffy! [;)]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:39:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

Like Gunbert said, if another animal fits in a snake's mouth (or any predator's) then that animal is its natural prey.

View Quote

good call!
All of our human actions? are nature at work? no?

whether you you condone it? or not?

I have a better question for you all?

How can you justify our treatment to our own human race?the travisties? the atrocities!that are committed as we speak!

Whooh! Sorry fellas ? Getttin deep now!
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Realist out
View Quote

So, by your logic, a small child who gets lost and wanders onto your property is "a gift from God" to do with as you please??
Fuck off. Walk on my lawn, and I'll have the same attitude about you and your life.

Did you ever stop to think that the cat may have escaped unnoticed? My cats have before. And they are declawed, and do not wear tags.
And so has my neighbor's pit bull. PMO wanted to hit Smokey just because he was a big dog. I ended up catching him and taking him back to the neighbors.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So, by your logic, a small child who gets lost and wanders onto your property is "a gift from God" to do with as you please??
Fuck off. Walk on my lawn, and I'll have the same attitude about you and your life.

Did you ever stop to think that the cat may have escaped unnoticed? My cats have before. And they are declawed, and do not wear tags.
And so has my neighbor's pit bull. PMO wanted to hit Smokey just because he was a big dog. I ended up catching him and taking him back to the neighbors.

[smoke]
View Quote

Timbo... A child? Surely your not comparing a child to a cat!  Get a grip Dude... You walk on my property I might offer you a beer.. Your cats stroll on, I won't risk any of my livestock..  My Grand Champion Dwarf Rabbits are worth more to me than your free roaming Cat's. Think of the feed bill I'd be saving you... [;)]

Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:12:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Hey realist,
if you think nothing of offing a neighbor's cat, why would you stop there?
You are one sick person, and I hope that you haven't contaminated the gene pool.
And just so you know, I don't hunt (never went as a kid,but would like to go someday) and I don't condone the ownership of nondomesticated animals, i.e. snakes, wolves, bears, etc....
I also support animal rights. You think those rabbits didn't feel pain?
Why buy a fur coat that comes from farm raised animals who's meat has no value (i.e. mink)when synthetics work better??
Hunting is fine as long as it isn't "trophy" hunting, and the entire animal's carcass is put to use.
As far as testing on animals, that is what we should be using death row inmates for. Best way to find out if something is harmeful to people is by testing it on people.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:20:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:40:24 PM EDT
[#32]
I have no comment on this thread other than to say that I have enjoyed it so far. It has great entertainment value and in a sick way appealing to me.....
I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

John
Link Posted: 11/11/2001 11:54:20 PM EDT
[#33]
If the store owner had fed the snake in private, no one else'd ever know to knock him. Instead, he chose to do it in a place where it could be seen &/or heard by others, so he's catching the heat.

If one goes to an effort to create a situation that would [i]reasonably[/i] (Switch to common sense mode) be expected to attract attention and controversy, then one is asking for trouble. Let's face it - it isn't difficult to fathom that [i]some[/i] like cats and [i]some[/i] don't. So, if a person (as was the case with the store owner) feeds a live kitten to a python in a place where others are also present, s/he can be well assured that they're going to attract attention.

If you're of the view that personal opinions might be too intense for a particular subject, then it probably is best to keep it out of the forum. Having said that, my opinions are just that - mine. Anyone who chooses to agree with me does so freely, not because I've brow beat them. This is an open forum. Outrage over this kind of incident should not be a surprising response. Some like cats, some don't. No one's going to change any one else's opinion. If you don't agree with my "overreaction", then so be it. But, like any of you, I won't apologize for my opinions.

I may disagree with the liberal Seattle culture about carrying weapons for personal protection, but I don't run around the city brandishing a knife or gun for all to see, either (I have a CCW permit, and carry discreetly).

BTW - My reference to "common sense" means those facts which are generally known and accepted. Don't confuse this with others who make it their [i]agenda[/i] to find offense (e.g. over statements sucha as, "calling a spade a spade", or terms like "niggardly" - both of which have legitimate, non-derrogatory points of origin).

I feel feeding kittens to snakes is wrong because I classify them as pets. And so does the general culture in this country (We're not in the 3rd world anymore, Toto). Yep, that's a classist attitude. Always been a classist; make no apologies for it, either. But it's also my reasoning for putting humans on a higher pedastal than other animals. Well, not [b]all[/b] humans (e.g. sex predators). To that end, I supposed everyone's a classist to some degree.

For the record: being reasonably kind to animals - even kittens - is not a sign of weakness.

Again I say, flame away.[pyro][heavy]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:23:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Animals shouldn't be killed for no reason. This is the same theory when hunting. Killing an animal for food is OK since you are using it. Killing an animal for fun isn't good, but shouldn't be illegal. Against hunting/game rules definitely.

If a Cat comes in my yard as they have done many times, I do not hurt it. Nor would I feed it to a snake which I have also owned.

FWIW, my snakes ate frogs and lizards. I haven't owned any snakes big enough to eat a kitten without being seriously fucked up.

As for Realist, not only is he a criminal (Theft), he is a sick fucker. I had a neighbor who liked to torture animals when he was a little kid. He grew up to become a Gang Member and the fringe of Society. He once got his own brother shot, when he beat the crap out of the wrong person with a hockey stick. But, what do you expect from somebody who got pleasure out of an animal's pain.

If you kill your own animal for fun, you are a sick Bastard, but not a criminal.

If you kill a neighbor's animal for any reason other than Safety (Rabid Animal, Pit Bull Tearing Up Animals/Humans, etc...) you are not only sick, but a criminal. You have deprived a person of their property and therefore commited Theft.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#35]
That was Post 1000.

But there are legitimate reasons to kill an animal:

1) Food
2) Fur
3) Leather/Skin
4) Violin Strings (Cat Guts)
5) Rabbit's Foot
6) Mounting (Game Fish or Animal Head)
7) Rug (Bear)

The following are not legitimate:

1) Sexual Pleasure
2) Fun/Sport Killing
3) Feeding An Animal Who Can Get Its Own Food (I.E. Throwing a Cat To The Local Alligator or Shark)
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 12:31:20 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
As for Realist, not only is he a criminal (Theft), he is a sick fucker.
View Quote

Well said.

what a loser.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:43:05 AM EDT
[#37]
[b]Disclaimer!!  Before I begin, I want to clearly state what never do I support the killing of any animal for pure enjoyment sake as acceptable behaviour.  However, killing [u]any[/u] animal for sport, food, pest control or population control is exceptable!!  Regardless weather it is a cute white kitty or a big butt-ugly pig![/b]

But my lord!!!  What a bunch of pansy asses there are on this site!!  A cat was eaten by a snake for Christ sake!!  It wasn't a pet, it was the owners cat!  And you ladies are calling Realist a "sick fucker" just because he also feed [i]his[/i] pet snake?  Again, not pets...but rabbits and the occassional stray kitten.  What is the matter with you guys?  You eat meat don't you?  Cows and pigs can be peoples pet, yet you still eat them don't you?

I have owned many pets thru out my life, including sheep, goats, pigs, chickens, dogs and quite a few cats.  I have also personnaly butchered many animals for eating.  And many times I have purposesly killed a family pet due to the fact it was injured or dieing.  I felt neither pleasure nor joy in the killing of animals for food.  However I always felt happy for a pet that I had to kill because it was sick or injured...happy because I knew it was no longer suffering!!  

And if a stray dog/cat/whatever shows up around my property posing a threat I will kill it also.  Why call the pound and let someone else do your dirty work?  Be a man for Christ sake and take care of it yourself!!

And the really amazing part is some of you call Realist a sick soon-to-be-mental-case-serial-killer because he is okay with killing a stray animal now and then.  And then you show your own supposted "moral superiority" by stating that you would gladly kill him or watch him die/be eaten!!!  So who's the real nut cases here??  Jesus Christ ladies...grow a pair of balls would ya?

Flag
[chainsawkill]<------Fluffy[:D]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 1:56:45 AM EDT
[#38]
My lil. girl has a cat,she really loves that cat.

If somebody feed her cat to a damn snake they better f*ing have full mag cuz dady is coming to talk to your a$$.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 3:46:46 AM EDT
[#39]
I may be childish but at least I'm not a mullet-headed tard like many people here who like to kill domestic animals for shits and grins.  You people make me want to vomit.  I can just see your fat asses, in your trailors drinking beer, screaming "Hey, honey, watch this!"  The only saving grace is that some of you are so fucking stupid that you will find a way to make the Darwin Awards' list someday.  I just hope that you don't have too many kids first.

Let's see someone kill your ass for fun, you fuckers.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:39:27 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
My lil. girl has a cat,she really loves that cat.

If somebody feed her cat to a damn snake they better f*ing have full mag cuz dady is coming to talk to your a$$.

View Quote

a2carbine... Your turban is wrapped to tight as your having an arterial flow problem.
 If you were a more responsible pet owner, then you wouldn't have to want to come see me with your full mag [rolleyes]   Report to your local police station and surrender your  weapons immediately...  Do society a favor Big Daddy....  

RandallFlag...    Thank you for your post....

Tool.....  No one is killing domestic animals for shit and grins...
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 5:40:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Realist out
View Quote

The issue, you sick F-ck is this line:

[b]“we'd have feeding parties and some friends had to walk out the room from the baby sounding screams....”[/b]  

Why did you feel the need to revel in this?  Feeling revulsion for the intentional infliction of pain is healthy and natural.  If you had to feed your snake, so be it.  However, holding a party to watch one animal kill another is not normal.  I do not understand how you can take pleasure in it.

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 6:48:44 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

The issue, you sick F-ck is this line:

[b]“we'd have feeding parties and some friends had to walk out the room from the baby sounding screams....”[/b]  

Why did you feel the need to revel in this?  Feeling revulsion for the intentional infliction of pain is healthy and natural.  If you had to feed your snake, so be it.  However, holding a party to watch one animal kill another is not normal.  I do not understand how you can take pleasure in it.

View Quote

Although It sounds like  we had these feeding party's every month, That's not the case.   There were several times when myself and my roommate had a few guys over, some with their girls to see the feed...  The first few times I saw Max devour a full grown New Zealand White rabbit was Intense for me.......  We only allowed others to share in that same experience.....  Rabbits only.....  Only the Rabbits scream...  

The few months I fed him cats were cats that came on my property and No, I didn't have
a feeding party with the Felines...  maybe I'm a bigot when it comes to cat's..  as I could never put a puppy or dog in the snake cage...  OH MY GOD..!!!   I must be a Racist towards cats ...  [rolleyes]    

Link Posted: 11/12/2001 7:52:20 AM EDT
[#43]
Man, some of you guys are a hoot.  What difference is there between a rabbit, a rat, or a cat?  Can you guys come up with anything more substantial than the "cute" factor?  Actually, I once read that cats are the only other species on the planet besides humans that kill for pleasure, so perhaps they are "worse" than said rabbits or rats.

It appears that the complaint against the store owner came from one of his former employees who also witnessed the incident, so it is probable he did not do it during business hours.  Presumably this employee has seen the snake feed on other animals, or the owner reasonably assumed that anyone who sought employment in a pet store that had snakes could "handle" the snake feeding.  We obviously don't have all the facts, but I don't see any evidence of cruetly here - or at least not above and beyond what is accepted for other non-cat species of animals used as food.

As for the two men also witnessing the event - have none of you ever watched any of the nature shows on the Discovery Channel?  Watching nature take its course can be a very powerful thing - the fact that a kitten is generally not thought to be the main foodsource of said snakes in their natural environment is irrelevant.  As someone said before, anything a snake can fit into its mouth is its food.
Comparing this act to the torture of an animal is a faulty comparision - if it wasn't the kitten, it would have just been some other animal.

Who knows, maybe the store owner had too many kittens that he knew would never sell, and would eventually end up in the pound and likely be put down.   Should he in this case buy another animal to feed to the snake, when both would eventually die anyway?  This makes absolutely no sense.

That being said, I'm not 100% sure I condone the actions of the original poster, but it largely depends on his particular enviornment.  He mentioned raising all sorts of other animals, so I it seems like he lives in a somewhat rural environment where any unknown wandering cats are more likely to be strays than escaped pets.   The snake needs to eat anyway, so what it the difference if he uses a stray cat found on his property vs. buying a rabbit for it to eat?  As for the "feeding parties" I once again ask, have you never watched the same thing with some fascination on the nature shows on the Discovery Channel?  If the snake is going to eat anyway, is it any more cruel to the animal feeding it, if others watch?

Some of you people seem to be confusing two issues - the torture of animals (which I in no way condone), and the perfectly natural act of one animal eating another.  99% of us do it every day.  It is any less inhumane because we do not actually do the killing ourselves?

Rocko
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:19:53 AM EDT
[#44]
Save the cute little dolphins that get trapped in the tuna nets!!!!

What about the tuna?

Oh, fuck them, they're ugly as hell and taste good.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 8:56:42 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
The few months I fed him cats were cats that came on my property
View Quote

Like I said, what's gonna stop you from doing the same thing to a puppy, or a child???
You are stupid and disgusting.
Come on over to my place, and I'll take care of your little problem with life myself.

[smoke]
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:03:15 AM EDT
[#46]
This thread is really amazing.  I joined this group to learn about AR's, yet I spend more time in the General Discussion group.  Anyway, I like cats (as pets) and would not consider feeding one to a snake, however, I realize the snake has to eat.   How people feel about one type of animal compared to another is really the issue.  If a person has no second thoughts about feeding a cat to a snake, then let him live with it.  Whether it be a rabbit, rat, dog, koala bear, or whatever, the snake has to eat.  What I do object to is feeding a snake an animal just for the pleasure of watching the animal suffer.  On the other side, watching a snake eat is an experience to behold.  A line has to be drawn somewhere.  Watching an animal suffer (for one's own pleasure):  Sick!  Watching an animal behave as it would in its own environment (including feeding on another animal):  Real life.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#47]
We have a 12 foot Burmese python at my house. I have about 10 quicktime movies of it eating rabbits. Interesting movies. If you are interested in seeing them, let me know and i'll post them..

Shawn
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:23:47 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Realist out
View Quote

[smoke]
View Quote

Both you and your idiot neighbor are irresponsible pet owners. Period.

D.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#49]
How many dogs and cats off all ages eat from the trash and become feral to wreak havoc on wild game and upset the predator:prey ratio simply because of irresponsible assholes who think that THIER kitty should be "free" to come and go as it pleases.

FYI, If a person killing a stray, uncollared cat on his property is guilty of "theft" than the owner of that cat is guilty of "criminal damage" and "trespassing".

If that cat has a collar, it must belong to someone, albeit an irresponsible douchebag, so a less lethal approach like a paintball-ing is more appropriate.

Keep your piece of shit cat in your home. Where the worthless creature belongs!

D.

PS, there are creatures out there that are solely for blasting fun. Jackrabbits, pigeons, prarie dogs all come to mind.
Link Posted: 11/12/2001 10:54:22 AM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By JRB L1A1:
Feline are not vermin, as pointed out earlier.  If the snake was in the wild and it caught a wild cat, that is one thing, but feeding a friggin snake a cat/kitten that has been domesticated is not cool, nor is it ethically right.  The snake did not catch the kitten, it was hand fed.

JRB
View Quote

Cats are vermin! They multiply as well as rabbits. So a domestic rabbit is ok to feed to the snake,. but not the cat?  What are you some kind of hipocrite democrat?

This is the same kind of feel good shit we spend so much time fighting.... cus now it's not so warm and fuzzy to you it's a problem.

No more hamburgers for you   thats a domesticated animal.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top