Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:05:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, something that happened 16 years ago means  he did THIS.

Thank you for proving my point, crazy.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:35:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:37:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
He previously raped a 12 year old child?

Why was he even out of prison?

How about why is he still breathing ?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:39:51 PM EDT
[#4]
While you're on ARFCOM this evening, be sure to check out the thread about abolishing the death penalty.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Of course, this alone would have convicted him, if I were on the jury:

• Hinson was convicted of raping a 12 year old girl in 1991

Wait, since you seemed to have missed it...

Hinson was convicted of raping a 12 year old girl in 1991

Guilty. Whatever the fuck it takes to put him behind bars (or in the chair).

Yep. It doesn't even matter if he is innocent of this crime or not (which I doubt he is innocent), the simple fact is he never should've gotten out of jail after RAPING A 12-YEAR-OLD GIRL. That's all, folks.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Granted we don't know what the jury knew. But on a side note, words like duct tape and sex do not go in the same sentence in my mind. Just a thought.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:54:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Fellow Daddies,

Pause for a moment and realize that the this guy is but one of MANY of this type of predator out there among us. Lets ALL be vigilant, nosy, intrusive, annoying and "Out of touch with today" (Inserting whatever corny reply a kid would give us) Dads and watch over our kids constantly, while we can't prevent EVERYTHING bad that can happen to our kids, we CAN minimize the risk by being "Pain in the ass Dads".

As far as the shit bag being acquitted, all I can say is "WHAT THE FUCK"? and shake my head. Damn, just damn.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:56:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm sure it was probably consensual. Everyone needs a dungeon for consensual sex.

That POS should have been drawn and quartered after raping the 12 year old.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 2:59:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:13:04 PM EDT
[#10]
For a jury in today's America to believe a 49 year old man with a secret cellar for storing illegal drugs over 2 teenage girls with corroborating stories tells me that there was some serious issues with this case.  It wouldn't surprise me if the two girls got pissed at the guy and cooked up a story between them that had a fatal conflict with reality.

As for the earlier conviction, more than likely he is a guilty fuck, but before I rush to judgement I remember the early 90's when it seemed like EVERY man who spent any time around children was being prosecuted for rape or child molestation.  A lot of men were falsly accused and convicted back then.  I remember the phrase often repeated was "Children NEVER lie."  Case workers would show a kid a doll and say "Did he touch you here?"  Kid: "Yeah" Jury: "Guilty".  Standards are higher now.

Bottom line, we don't know all the facts.  Sensational accusations don't automatically mean guilt, and I am naturally suspicious of any child rape or molestation charges prior to 1998 or 1999.  If he is indeed guilty, then this is a travesty, but the jury was exposed to a lot more data and studied it for a lot longer than any of us.

Flame away.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:19:01 PM EDT
[#11]
One of these days, America is going to have to come to terms with the fact that sex offenders will reoffend.  It is what they do...no different than if the Police came and told you not to find your wife/husband/girlfriend etc attractive anymore.  You are turned on by what turns you on...it isn't something you control.  Making a law to tell a person what sexually excites them is never going to work.  

Culturally, we have to decide what to do with people who violate what society considers normal and if they should remain a member of society...right now, the will to do that is not here.  
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:24:34 PM EDT
[#12]
Blanket party.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:24:50 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
As for the earlier conviction, more than likely he is a guilty fuck, but before I rush to judgement I remember the early 90's when it seemed like EVERY man who spent any time around children was being prosecuted for rape or child molestation.  A lot of men were falsly accused and convicted back then.  I remember the phrase often repeated was "Children NEVER lie."  Case workers would show a kid a doll and say "Did he touch you here?"  Kid: "Yeah" Jury: "Guilty".  Standards are higher now.

I think 12 year olds are a little more difficult to manipulate that way. Plus, it's not just, "he touched me there." A 12 yo will articulate all sorts of details and are generally easy to read emotionally to see if they're lying. I'm inclined to believe that he was guilty of raping a 12 yo, and he should have been executed for it.

On the topic of the 90's, I think Janet Reno was instrumental in the false conviction windfall that you described. "Protecting the children," was her thing, that's why they pursued the, "children are being abused," angle to get her consent for everything Waco.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:28:32 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I think 12 year olds are a little more difficult to manipulate that way. Plus, it's not just, "he touched me there." A 12 yo will articulate all sorts of details and are generally easy to read emotionally to see if they're lying. I'm inclined to believe that he was guilty of raping a 12 yo, and he should have been executed for it.

I agree with you.  I am inclined to think he is guilty too.  I just can't be sure without seeing the evidence.  Those were crazy times.

ETA:  Based off of the 12 yo's that I've known, I am not so concerned about the state manipulating the 12 yo as much as the 12 yo manipulating the state.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:29:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
...no different than if the Police came and told you not to find your wife/husband/girlfriend etc attractive anymore.

... it isn't something you control...

... people who violate what society considers normal ...  

Oh those poor people,they're just being who they are .... just like my wife and I are. They don't control it. It's just the way society arbitrarily assigns boundaries.

Something you want to tell us?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:34:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well here he is:

media.mgnetwork.com/scp/images/fp_gfx/041807_hinson.jpg

Ya I am sure two 17 year olds were just dying to jump in the sack with him.

http://www.morningnewsonline.com/midatlantic/scp/local_news.apx.-content-articles-FMN-2007-04-17-0018.html

Lawrence: Chicks dig dudes with money
Peter: Not all chicks
Lawrence: Well, the kind of chicks that would double up on a guy like me do
Pater: Good point.

How many stoner 17 year old girls do you know? I've known of girls getting with some really nasty guys in the sack when drugs (or money) are involved.

yep...but the dude still raped a 12 girl and should have never seen the light of day
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:40:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I knew this case reminded me of something, I just couldn't think of what:

Mark Chmura, anyone?
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:42:37 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If something like that ever happened to somebody I'm close to then that man would not be breathing, no matter what the consequences.  I hope somebody in their family is man enough to do what should be done.  Unfortunately, most people these days just don't have it in them do what everybody knows should be done.  Sad world we live in

Yep. If the son of a bitch had raped my 12 year old, he wouldnt have had to worry about facing any charges ever again.
Now I might, but thats another story......
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:55:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...no different than if the Police came and told you not to find your wife/husband/girlfriend etc attractive anymore.

... it isn't something you control...

... people who violate what society considers normal ...  

Oh those poor people,they're just being who they are .... just like my wife and I are. They don't control it. It's just the way society arbitrarily assigns boundaries.

Something you want to tell us?

You misunderstood what he was getting at.  What he was saying is that it is ludicrous to think that perverts can be 'rehabilitated'.  The idea that somebody who will rape a child is not going to do it again because they spent 2 years in jail is stupid.   His point is that these people NEVER stop being turned on by the idea of raping children.  It doesn't just go away.

His point was not that this is ok or that we should have sympathy for these people.  His point is that you can't take a rabid dog, beat it or lock it up for biteing, and then expect that you can release it and it won't bite again.  You just can't.  Your only option is to put it down.  I think his point is that, of course this behavior is unacceptable, and he is showing how absurd it is to let these assholes continue to do what they do.  If we are not going to accept this, AND OF COURSE WE'RE NOT, then we need to fucking put these scumbags out of their misery the first time.

This is what gets them off.  That doesn't make it right, and that's not what he was saying.  He was merely illustrating how they are not going to stop by the example of how no matter what anyone does or tells you, your wife is still going to do it for you, and you are going to continue to do what you do with her.  The key difference being that what you do with your wife is moral and natural, while what these fucks do is immoral and an incurable defect.  This is no way implies that it is justified.  What it means is that these scumbags cannot be changed, except by a bullet or a rope.

As a side note, I realized today one of the reasons why these sick fucks piss me off, and particularly why I have no sympathy for them.  Any person who would violently victimize a woman or child for the sake of pleasure HAS NO MORAL CODE WHATSOEVER.  At least most other violent criminals still have some sort of moral code, albiet maybe a fucked up one.  For example, somebody who kills another man for talking shit to him, while a fucktard, probably, or at least could theoretically, still have some sense of right and wrong (not in all cases of course).  He could just be an idiot.  Somebody who will do something so low as harm an innocent child or a woman simply to get off cannot possibly have any sort of moral code whatsoever.  This means they lack exactly what it is that makes us human.  As far as I am concerned, you do with them just what you would a rabid animal, you put it down.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 3:57:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Living in SC, I about fell out of my chair when I read this guy was found not guilty. Everything I read about the case made me think this trial was just a formality. I have to wonder what the jury composition was. Darlington county, where the trial was moved (supposedly to avoid a tainted jury) is extremely poor and rural. Even by South Carolina standards. Without treading too close to COC violations, let's just say the chances of finding a 12 member jury with an average IQ over 90 in Darlington county are pretty slim.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shoot, Shovel, Shutup!!!!

Oh shit!  Now Mas Ayoob will be writing about you in his next magazine article!  

I always wanted to be famous, I'll have to get my fellow Mainer David Fortier to get my story out first.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top