Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:56:15 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont care but there is  member here who is extremely emotional and passionate about the subject.

so tag, to see the sh*tstorm

ETA yup a few showed up. This will be good.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:56:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm more interested in the question of female circumcision. I don't understand why one is good, and the other is somehow abhorrent.

Female circumcision, as practiced in some Muslim countries, is roughly equivalent to cutting your dick off.

That's my understanding as well.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a condom is even more effective, but not fucking chicks with AIDS is 100% effective.

Fixed.

And when did they start mandating tattoos on HIV-infected women? How are you going to know she has AIDS?

There's a new technology, you give a testing company some blood and they give you a result. Kinda cool.

So, you're going to make that hottie you met at the bar take a blood test before you bang her?  Or are you going to rely on her word alone?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:57:29 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

More gun forum topic on the cock.

Ask me how I know you are gay.

and you clicked on a  topic about dicks why?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:57:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Barbarism.

The reason for popularity of chopping a perfectly good dick in the US is that it was advertised as a way to prevent masturbation in boys.

http://www.cirp.org/pages/whycirc.html

"Routine circumcision as a preventative or cure for masturbation was proposed in Victorian times in America. Masturbation was thought to be the cause of a number of diseases. The procedure of routine circumcision became commonplace between 1870 and 1920, and it consequently spread to all the English-speaking countries (England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). None of these countries now circumcise the majority of their male children, a distinction reserved today for the United States (in the UK, in fact, nonreligious circumcision has virtually ceased). Yet, there are still those who promote this social surgery, long after the masturbation hysteria of the past century has subsided."

Dick chopping is a barbaric remnant of a prudish era.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm more interested in the question of female circumcision. I don't understand why one is good, and the other is somehow abhorrent.

Apples vs. oranges.  From Wiki:

The glans of the penis is homologous to the clitoral glans...

So if male circumcision was like female circumcision, they'd cut the head of your penis off.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:58:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sex with an uncircumcised man is a risk factor for cervical cancer in women.. I have NO IDEA why..

But, I'm in on page one of a dick thread, go figure.

That's because uncircumcised men are more likely to get STDs, including HPV.  The foreskin provides a nice warm moist place for the virus to hang out until it can start the infection.

As opposed to the open hole at the end of your dick. Right.

Actually, studies have shown this to be true.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:58:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I dont care but there is  member here who is extremely emotional and passionate about the subject.

Holy crap, you mean more than the people already here?
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:58:46 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Excellent question!!  But I was beat to the answer..

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:59:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

There is not an endless supply of medical studies showing the "health benefits" of female circumcision.  The cultures employing female circumcision do so for sexual control, not "public health".  So it is much easier to condemn it.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 12:59:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The frenar band of soft ridges––the single most pleasure producing zone on the male body. Loss of this densely innervated and reactive belt of tissue reduces the sensitivity of the remaining penis to about that of ordinary skin.

So what you're saying is that us cut guys last longer.

Actually it is the opposite, the nerves control orgasm. Being uncut feels better for longer.

My purpose here is not to make anyone feel bad about what have happened to them. It cannot be changed. With education we can stop this horrible practice. Circumcised men get very defensive when you say that something is wrong with their penis. Just look at all the people who try to attack ME not my argument in the other thread. It varies from "Why are you obsessed with dick?" and accusation of being homosexual.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Not circumcised and happy.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
this thread is going to come to a head

LOL, a good one.  

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:01:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Female circumcision, as practiced in some Muslim countries, is roughly equivalent to cutting your dick off.

Not everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:01:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Barbarism.

The reason for popularity of chopping a perfectly good dick in the US is that it was advertised as a way to prevent masturbation in boys.

"Routine circumcision as a preventative or cure for masturbation was proposed in Victorian times in America. Masturbation was thought to be the cause of a number of diseases. The procedure of routine circumcision became commonplace between 1870 and 1920, and it consequently spread to all the English-speaking countries (England, Canada, Australia and New Zealand). None of these countries now circumcise the majority of their male children, a distinction reserved today for the United States (in the UK, in fact, nonreligious circumcision has virtually ceased). Yet, there are still those who promote this social surgery, long after the masturbation hysteria of the past century has subsided."

Interesting...I had always suspected there might be some Victorian pseudo-science that played into it.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:01:52 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

You mean physically, or the reason behind female "circumcision?"

Physically, female circumcision removes the clitoris, making orgasm impossible to achieve for most women.  Sometimes it removes other parts of the external female sex organs.

It's also worse because of the reasoning behind it and the intent, which is to remove (as much as possible) the pleasure that a woman can get from sex.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sex with an uncircumcised man is a risk factor for cervical cancer in women.. I have NO IDEA why..

But, I'm in on page one of a dick thread, go figure.

The foreskin is a relatively easy way for HIV and HPV to enter a man's body.  I've read studies reporting that uncircumcised men are at a greater risk of contracting HIV and genital warts than those who are circumcised.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:02:42 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was late. He and the foreskin club are already here. They are like the evangelists of non circumcision.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:03:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Here's a crazy thought: Why not let the baby grow up to be a man, and decide (say, at 18) if he thinks the health benefits, etc are worth it?

What would be wrong with that? Maybe he'd rather keep his foreskin. Maybe he'll decide that the ladies like it better cut. Who knows? Why decide for him? It's a fairly permanent modification to his genitals, and it's elective.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:03:55 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I just had my son's done. I think the hygiene issues make it worthwhile.

I've talked to many women that have never seen an uncircumcised penis. Have you guys (uncircumcised) had any bad reactions in that arena?

Congrats on butchering your child without his permission. Could you buy some soap instead of chopping his sex organ up?

Frankly, I would be at least a little concerned that some strange dude from the internet had that kind of interest in my son's equipment.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Barbarism.

Joke's on them...
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:04:13 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And a condom is even more effective, but not fucking chicks with AIDS is 100% effective.

Fixed.

And when did they start mandating tattoos on HIV-infected women? How are you going to know she has AIDS?

There's a new technology, you give a testing company some blood and they give you a result. Kinda cool.

So, you're going to make that hottie you met at the bar take a blood test before you bang her?  Or are you going to rely on her word alone?

I'm going to use a condom.  If we continue to see each other, then we both get blood tests. Why is this so difficult for you?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:04:53 PM EDT
[#23]
I read Arab males use their foreskin to hide their chewing gum during a sand storm.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:05:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I've talked to many women that have never seen an uncircumcised penis. Have you guys (uncircumcised) had any bad reactions in that arena?

Never had a bad reaction.  Quite the opposite in some situations, actually.  Im very glad my folks left me the way I came into this world
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:05:56 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Barbarism.

I can honestly say I've never missed my foreskin.

That being said......

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#26]
Great.  Another dick thread.  Hopefully it won't degenerate into goat fucking before it's over.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:06:26 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

The frenar band of soft ridges––the single most pleasure producing zone on the male body. Loss of this densely innervated and reactive belt of tissue reduces the sensitivity of the remaining penis to about that of ordinary skin.

So what you're saying is that us cut guys last longer.

Actually it is the opposite, the nerves control orgasm. Being uncut feels better for longer.

My purpose here is not to make anyone feel bad about what have happened to them. It cannot be changed. With education we can stop this horrible practice. Circumcised men get very defensive when you say that something is wrong with their penis. Just look at all the people who try to attack ME not my argument in the other thread. It varies from "Why are you obsessed with dick?" and accusation of being homosexual.

I don't really care if you're not circumcised, nor do I care if you don't want to circumcise your kids.  It's a free country. *shrug*

However, I notice alot of circumcision opponents consider it to be tantamount to child abuse.  If they're going to call circumcision a barbaric practice and equate it with child abuse, then they should expect a strong response.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:06:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats on butchering your child without his permission. Could you buy some soap instead of chopping his sex organ up?

Frankly, I would be at least a little concerned that some strange dude from the internet had that kind of interest in my son's equipment.  

The term is called "projection". My concern is that he didn't even give his child the choice.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:06:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
My parents did it to me and honestly I kind of dislike the fact that they were such thoughtless dolts that they thought it was necessary. Typical democrats I guess.

Umm...that is pretty damned silly.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:06:50 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Oh Magurgle, this thread is for you !

You have a unhealthy interest in my interest in this subject.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:07:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I read Arab males use their foreskin to hide their chewing gum during a sand storm.

That would probably be funny if it weren't for the fact that Muslims practice circumcision just like Jews do.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:07:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
this thread is going to come to a head

We've got to keep everything well in hand.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:07:23 PM EDT
[#33]
I really don't care one way or another, since I'm not gay. That being said, I think uncut dicks are ugly, and I'm glad my parents got me cut.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:08:37 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

The term is called "projection". My concern is that he didn't even give his child the choice.

Nor did the child have a choice in its name, the vaccinations it received, whether or not he was breastfed, etc.

Nor will the child have the ability to choose the religion it is raised in (though that can be changed later in life).
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:09:33 PM EDT
[#35]

false

http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/HIV.htm

Thirty-five articles and a number of abstracts have been published in the medical literature looking at the relationship between male circumcision and HIV infection. Study designs have included geographical analysis, studies of high risk patients, partner studies and random population surveys. Most of the studies have been conducted in Africa. A meta-analysis was performed on the 29 published articles where data were available. When the raw data are combined, a man with a circumcised penis is at greater risk of acquiring and transmitting HIV than a man with a non-circumcised penis (odds ratio (OR)=1.06, 95% confidence interval (CI)=1.01-1.12). Based on the studies published to date, recommending routine circumcision as a prophylactic measure to prevent HIV infection in Africa, or elsewhere, is scientifically unfounded.

Also, condoms.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:09:57 PM EDT
[#36]
I think they took a couple of inches when they did mine.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:10:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Can we talk about something else, like guns or Tits
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Wife and I had a girl so we never had to make this decision.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

You mean physically, or the reason behind female "circumcision?"

Physically, female circumcision removes the clitoris, making orgasm impossible to achieve for most women.  Sometimes it removes other parts of the external female sex organs.

It's also worse because of the reasoning behind it and the intent, which is to remove (as much as possible) the pleasure that a woman can get from sex.

Male circumcision also removes the most sensitive area on a man's body.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:38 PM EDT
[#40]
this has been done many, many times, and it never disappoints.

The Pro-Foreskin brigade is the most militant and overly defensive group in all of Arfcomistan.  

The Anti-God and Pro-Glock proselytizers are a distant 2nd and third.

The most angry and obnoxious person in the world, would be an Uncircumcised, Atheist, Glock Fanboy.  

I'm not talking about simple possession of a Foreskin, Glock and Non-Faith.

I am talking about the ones who make it their life's work to promote and defend the Forskin, Glock and Anti-God lifestyle.  

I'm sure we have some present.  Here's to hoping they check in.  
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:48 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Can we talk about something else, like guns or Tits

This is ARFCOM. Half of the people here have never touched either one of those.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:49 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Here's a crazy thought: Why not let the baby grow up to be a man, and decide (say, at 18) if he thinks the health benefits, etc are worth it?

What would be wrong with that? Maybe he'd rather keep his foreskin. Maybe he'll decide that the ladies like it better cut. Who knows? Why decide for him? It's a fairly permanent modification to his genitals, and it's elective.

1.  If you don't circumcise little Johny at birth, he will have identity problems because his penis does not look like his (likely) circumcised father.  Little Johnny will think there is something wrong with him.

2.  All of the kids that little Johnny goes to school with have been circumsised, and they will make fun of him in the gym showers, at sleepovers, etc.  He will not be able to socially adjust.

3.  The procedure is much more traumatic for an adult and takes longer to heal.  

4.  It is for his own good.  It leads to better health.

Those are the main reasons.  I left ignorance off the list because I'm not trying to encourage the flame war, I'm trying to say the way it is.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

false

http://www.mothersagainstcirc.org/HIV.htm

Thirty-five articles and a number of abstracts have been published in the medical literature looking at the relationship between male circumcision and HIV infection. Study designs have included geographical analysis, studies of high risk patients, partner studies and random population surveys. Most of the studies have been conducted in Africa. A meta-analysis was performed on the 29 published articles where data were available. When the raw data are combined, a man with a circumcised penis is at greater risk of acquiring and transmitting HIV than a man with a non-circumcised penis (odds ratio (OR)=1.06, 95% confidence interval (CI)=1.01-1.12). Based on the studies published to date, recommending routine circumcision as a prophylactic measure to prevent HIV infection in Africa, or elsewhere, is scientifically unfounded.

Also, condoms.

Already posted a rebuttal to that.

You can trust the Centers for Disease Control on this issue, or you can trust Mothers Against Circumcision.  Your choice.

However, as I mentioned earlier opponents of circumcision generally aren't willing to give anyone else that choice.

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was late. He and the foreskin club are already here. They are like the evangelists of non circumcision.

That's funny because arguing with pro circumcision people is like arguing evolution with creationists.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:15:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

1.  If you don't circumcise little Johny at birth, he will have identity problems because his penis does not look like his (likely) circumcised father.  Little Johnny will think there is something wrong with him.

2.  All of the kids that little Johnny goes to school with have been circumsised, and they will make fun of him in the gym showers, at sleepovers, etc.  He will not be able to socially adjust.

Those are the main reasons.  I left ignorance off the list because I'm not trying to encourage the flame war, I'm trying to say the way it is.

These are the rebuttals normally put up? Seriously?

Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:15:12 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Circumcision at an older age is a more complex procedure with longer recovery. The adult circumcisions I have seen were done under general anesthesia, not local.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:15:21 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm gonna go ahead and call bullshit on the first two. I really Can't comment on the last two as I'm not well educated on this particular subject.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:15:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Hopefully noone goes off half-cocked here...
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:15:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It is weird that you can be so brilliant with computers, yet so ignorant of human biology.  Oh well, I guess specialization is what makes our modern society possible.
Link Posted: 1/6/2010 1:16:09 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

That's funny because arguing with pro circumcision people is like arguing evolution with creationists.
I am sure. Us guys in the middle find both sides laughable. Sorry. Some of you guys are just too wrapped up in it and its freaking funny to watch some of you guys come unglued over the subject.

I am just here for the laughs. I don't care what folks do with their pricks.

Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top