DUDE, its GD what do you expect????  

what kind of truck anyway?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bunch of rocket surgeons in GD

It is diesel. I researched a lot before hand to make sure it was safe to install under a canopy. It is fine.

The reason it is not bolted down is because I wanted to do a trip with it to make sure it is set up how I wanted. You know, in case something didn't work, or it leaked... That is why I only put enough fuel in it to test the system.

Now I do not have to spend half a day getting it unbolted to get the warranty work done. I will do the exact same thing the next time also, test it out, if all is good then I will drill holes in my truck to mount it down.

It is Aluminum.

Go back to blasting away at something you know nothing about

DUDE, its GD what do you expect????  

what kind of truck anyway?

I know... Mostly why I don't start to many threads in GD, just like middle school again

It is a 2002 F350 7.3

Slow wifi right now, I'll post pics later
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:03:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

It is diesel. I researched a lot before hand to make sure it was safe to install under a canopy. It is fine.

The reason it is not bolted down is because I wanted to do a trip with it to make sure it is set up how I wanted. You know, in case something didn't work, or it leaked... That is why I only put enough fuel in it to test the system.

Now I do not have to spend half a day getting it unbolted to get the warranty work done. I will do the exact same thing the next time also, test it out, if all is good then I will drill holes in my truck to mount it down.

It is Aluminum.

View Quote

You should have found a Chinese guy to install it for you.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:07:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

I know... Mostly why I don't start to many threads in GD, just like middle school again

It is a 2002 F350 7.3

Slow wifi right now, I'll post pics later
View Quote

Well, maybe you should fuel up and use the wifi at your camping spot...
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#4]
Darwin will be with you every step of the way. I wouldn't worry about a thing.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:23:20 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I haven't found a single thing made in Amerika that is worth a fuck.
View Quote

You must not look very hard.

I buy quality made in USA stuff all the time.

Wright, Proto, Williams, Bondhus, and Vaughan to name a few.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:25:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

It is Aluminum.

View Quote

Just another day on arfcom.  Where people with zero experience regarding a subject still act like internet subject matter experts.  That are fucking safety police.  ha-ha

Glad you were able to do a test run to see it leaks before bolted her down.  Let us know how the exchange goes.
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:29:13 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

It is Aluminum.

View Quote
Well, you're convinced you know what you're doing...So have at it!

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:32:28 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just another day on arfcom.  Where people with zero experience regarding a subject still act like internet subject matter experts.  That are fucking safety police.  ha-ha

Glad you were able to do a test run to see it leaks before bolted her down.  Let us know how the exchange goes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

It is Aluminum.

How hard is this umm.....Subject to understand?

Whats the chance that it rattled around in the bead and cracked the weld due to not being installed properly?

And the leak test theory is bs, it could have been tested in the driveway without any risks.

Ask yourself this.

Had the truck rolled and the fuel spilled onto a van full of illegal messicans, who would own the OP's house?

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:32:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you pump your own fuel?
Link Posted: 10/27/2013 7:34:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Transfer Flow for the win.  Not union made and mine have gone 15 years trouble free.  But they do cost more...

-Gator
View Quote

You saved me some typing, thank you

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:26:00 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

<snip>

View Quote
I've worked in the construction and excavating industry (where bed mounted fuel transfer tanks are fairly common) for over 20 years.

I've installed, removed and replaced plenty of those tanks.

So, yeah...I might have learned a thing or two about the subject along the way.

But don't let that stop you from assuming that the responses to the OP are just bullshitters talking out of their asses.

Link Posted: 10/27/2013 8:46:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Diesel?  What I would do is fix it and a DIY at that.  First, you have to find a place to store the diesel.  Two 55 gallon drums that are clean should be $30 tops.  Plus they are handy.

Now, to fix the leak.  First, you must find the leak.  No big problem with the diesel in it to get the area down, to pinpoint the leak, a bit of dye penetrant developer will work great. This is a spray powder that is used to find weld defects using a penetrant dye.  The fuel should wet the powder enough to show, even with the tank drained.

Now, remove the external coating (powder coat?) and do another dye penetrant developer check.  I bet this was a GMAW aluminum weld which are known for porosity.  Once found, you can drill and tap the porosity with a small machine screw thread, sealing with a fuel resistant sealant.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top