[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe his bone spurs were triggered.

Fuck Donald J. Trump.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I thought it was named after the WW II admiral and not the despicable politician son.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
BTW, this is why you don't give your son your given name.  He can't f*ck you over after death like Songbird Johnny did to his father.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 9:54:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
BTW, this is why you don't give your son your given name.  He can't f*ck you over after death like Songbird Johnny did to his father.
View Quote
And Grandfather.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:05:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Is it in fact named after THAT John McCain..or is it named after his grandfather..."Slew" McCain?
View Quote
It's named after all three of them.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 10:06:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The name has been ruined.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The ship was named for his father who was an admiral.  
The name has been ruined.  
Just add the Roman Numeral "I" behind the name to separate the name from "Strike III You're Out" McStain
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:01:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Petty and offensive to the sailors who crew that ship.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:04:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Given that there are hundreds of loyal and brave American servicemen on that ship who've done nothing to earn disrespect from anyone, not even Trump,  I think it would have been better to just have the crew of that ship paint over its name on the stern and temporarily paint a new name on it.

I'd suggest  USS Honk Honkler.   Or USS Pepe Honkler.   Or USS MAGA.   And when the visit is concluded, revert to the original ship's name.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:12:49 PM EDT
[#9]

Trump DENIES he ordered the USS John McCain 'out of sight' during his visit to Japan after 'the Navy covered the ship's name with a tarp and gave its sailors wearing caps bearing the late senator's name the day off'

More
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/327183/BA6B02B2-A301-4D79-B701-D5EA2917B90A_jpeg-962560.JPG

The White House wanted the U.S. Navy to move “out of sight” a warship named for the late Sen. John McCain, a war hero who became a frequent target of President Trump’s ire, ahead of the president’s visit to Japan last week, according to an email reviewed by The Wall Street Journal.

In a May 15 email to U.S. Navy and Air Force officials, a U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official outlined plans for the president’s arrival that he said had resulted from conversations between the White House Military Office and the Seventh Fleet of the U.S. Navy. In addition to instructions for the proper landing areas for helicopters and preparation for the USS Wasp—where the president was scheduled to speak—the official issued a third directive: “USS John McCain needs to be out of sight.”

“Please confirm #3 will be satisfied,” the official wrote.

When a Navy commander expressed surprise about the directive for the USS John S. McCain, the U.S. Indo-Pacific Command official replied: “First I heard of it as well.” He said he would work with the White House Military Office to obtain more information about the order.

Acting Defense Secretary Pat Shanahan was aware of the concern about the presence of the USS John McCain in Japan and approved measures to ensure it didn’t interfere with the president’s visit, a U.S. official said.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/white-house-wanted-uss-john-mccain-out-of-sight-during-trump-japan-visit-11559173470
View Quote
FAKE NEWS
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:18:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Rename it Bob Fucking Dole.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:22:29 PM EDT
[#12]
we've gone through all this bullshit over the last two years largely because of McCain's gleeful and vindictive involvement... screw him trying to take down a president he had a personal beef with.

bury that fucker already
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:24:56 PM EDT
[#13]
I know what this thread is missing

She’s REALLY starting to get that Beth Chapman look down
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:27:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
SS Songbird?
View Quote
What's your vector Victor (charlie)?
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:36:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I like Trump and unfortunately McCain turned out to be a big disappointment (a nice way of saying he slobbed Obama’s knob and betrayed us all on O-Care for no other reason than to spite Trump), but this petty bullshit is bullshit.

It’s fucking petty and unnecessary. If Trump loses in 2020 he’ll be 100% responsible for the loss because of pettty bullshit like this, and a loss in 2020 will fuck the American people over more than McCain ever did. Like I said I support Trump, but sometimes he needs to grow the fuck up.
View Quote
No. Keep your liberal BS in California. Petty bullshit like this just rally his supporters behind him. Those that never liked him never will.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:37:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Petty and offensive to the sailors who crew that ship.
View Quote
Yeah unfortunate name...
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:41:41 PM EDT
[#17]
That is really petty, IMHO.
Link Posted: 5/29/2019 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'd wager it was done to hopefully prevent the media from asking him a leading question about it, something like "Mr. President the USS John McCain is here as part of everyones security, including yours, how do you feel about that?"
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:07:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Even Meghan fell for it and had to open her mouth.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:16:42 AM EDT
[#20]
Some of you people are waaaay too gullible
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:18:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:35:31 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Weird and petty.
View Quote
And stupid.  And the ship is not named after the late Senator.  It's named after both his father and grandfather (IIRC, both are WWII vets).  But I've come to expect this sort of thing, although I don't know if this particular instance is legit.

ETA:I guess they rededicated it.  Not sure that McCain is really worthy of being honoured in the way his forefathers were, especially given his dishonourable Senate career.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 12:42:54 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah this is becoming another fake news story.  There's now some arguing over whether lower staffers might have made the request on their own initiative without the president's knowledge.

The WSJ played a role in spreading fake stories about General Flynn, they're not to be blindly trusted.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:09:08 AM EDT
[#24]
Trump should arrange for some Russian prostitutes to go on board and piss on McCain's deck.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:10:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Shannon Bream covered this story on FNC tonight and her reporting said the story isn't true.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:11:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Exactly similar to when Obama had the F-22s removed from the hanger during his visit, right after killing the program.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:25:35 AM EDT
[#27]
It might have something to do with the fact that the McCain was involved in a collision not long ago which resulted in some sailors deaths and the whole 6th Fleet shitshow, but dont let that get in the way of your childish circle jerk, CNN and Meghan McCain...

@MeghanMcCain  what a vapid sorry cunt.  Fuck you and your dad.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 1:39:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Ship should be renamed USS Traitorous Douchebag

Then decommissioned and sunk.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:06:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Is there a gabby giffords and benedict arnold?
View Quote
There is a Gabby Giffords - it's a Little Crappy Ship.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:07:52 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Story sounds like utter bullshit actually.
View Quote
And absolutely this.  I don't believe a word of it.

ETA - Have they finished the repairs on it after the collision?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 3:54:53 AM EDT
[#31]
It's a bull shit fake news story. Just like almost every other one when the msm tries to slam Trump.

And you all continue to eat it up.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:46:08 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
SS Songbird?
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:55:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It's a bull shit fake news story. Just like almost every other one when the msm tries to slam Trump.

And you all continue to eat it up.
View Quote
... this
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 4:58:52 AM EDT
[#34]
Fuck John McCain, there was never an enemy of the American people he didn't side with or surrender to, from the Vietnamese, to the Demcrat party, to the MSM, to arming ISIS in Syria to siding with the Globalists hell bent on destroying the US. He was a serial backstabber and should be either scrubbed from history or considered a modern Benedict Arnold.

Trump should order the renaming of this unfortunate ship this traitor was named after...perhaps rename it the USS Andrew Jackson or the USS Pappy Boyington. (or let its sailors take a vote)
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:52:46 AM EDT
[#35]
Anyone who thought this was true is really a gullible POS.  I wouldn’t want anyone that idiotic, especially when it’s so obvious and in these times, in a foxhole with me.

Haven’t you ever heard of “If it’s too good to be true...”
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:54:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story sounds like utter bullshit actually.

It is bullshit. And yes, I believe the repairs are complete.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 5:54:28 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Fuck John McCain, there was never an enemy of the American people he didn't side with or surrender to, from the Vietnamese, to the Demcrat party, to the MSM, to arming ISIS in Syria to siding with the Globalists hell bent on destroying the US. He was a serial backstabber and should be either scrubbed from history or considered a modern Benedict Arnold.

Trump should order the renaming of this unfortunate ship this traitor was named after...perhaps rename it the USS Andrew Jackson or the USS Pappy Boyington. (or let its sailors take a vote)
View Quote
She was not originally named after him.  They just tacked him on recently.  She's named after his dad and grandfather.

And while McCain served dishonourably as a Senator, I see nothing about his naval service, including in Vietnam, worthy of condemnation.  Seems like he did fairly well up until he got into politics.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:02:25 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I like Trump and unfortunately McCain turned out to be a big disappointment (a nice way of saying he slobbed Obama's knob and betrayed us all on O-Care for no other reason than to spite Trump), but this petty bullshit is bullshit.

It's fucking petty and unnecessary. If Trump loses in 2020 he'll be 100% responsible for the loss because of pettty bullshit like this, and a loss in 2020 will fuck the American people over more than McCain ever did. Like I said I support Trump, but sometimes he needs to grow the fuck up.
View Quote
Did the article say that Trump ordered this?
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:07:18 AM EDT
[#39]
Pathetic fake controversy.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:07:52 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
What makes you think it's bullshit?  Trump isn't that petty?  He has too much class?

View Quote
Start off with the mealy mouthed way the article is written and go from there.

If Trump personally ordered this....something something throws a tantrum.... something.......
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:13:14 AM EDT
[#41]
McCain can rot in hell.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

She was not originally named after him.  They just tacked him on recently.  She's named after his dad and grandfather.

And while McCain served dishonourably as a Senator, I see nothing about his naval service, including in Vietnam, worthy of condemnation.  Seems like he did fairly well up until he got into politics.
View Quote
He also did nothing to earn the honor of having a ship named for him.  He was a below-average aviator who would have been de-winged if his Daddy and Granddaddy weren't Admirals. The guy was one kill away from being an enemy Ace, FFS.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:15:02 AM EDT
[#43]

Fuck Donald J. Trump.
View Quote
Cool!  A triggered nancy snowflake.
TDS is a legit mental disorder, bro.  Seek assistance.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:15:57 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I highly doubt it is true.

It is more than likely another one of those "leaked" BS from some #resist member from the WH or simply made up bullshit that continues the usual "Trump is an egotistical monster" narrative the left projects on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird and petty.
I highly doubt it is true.

It is more than likely another one of those "leaked" BS from some #resist member from the WH or simply made up bullshit that continues the usual "Trump is an egotistical monster" narrative the left projects on him.
This.

I don't believe it.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#45]
President Trump didn’t order this. I can see where some staff weenie would have thought it would have been a good idea to keep the ship out of the way to avoid the controversy. If that was the case it would have been better to send the ship out of port to cut square circles out over the horizon so it wasn’t a distraction to an official state visit.

Given the overt animosity the press constantly displays to this President, I can see them fabricating this story intentionally to distract from the official state visit.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Fuck Donald J. Trump.
View Quote
Quoted:
What makes you think it's bullshit?  Trump isn't that petty?  He has too much class?

View Quote
Quoted:

Right on cue.  The dude cannot control himself.  Can't they jam his cell phone or something?  Point his Twitter account configuration to some contained environment where he thinks he's posting online but isn't?  "Yes Mr. President, I can hear their heads exploding already.  Good one Mr. President."
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:39:29 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
Sorry your girl lost.
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:47:34 AM EDT
[#48]
Fake News
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:52:13 AM EDT
[#49]
Fake news
Link Posted: 5/30/2019 6:56:27 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
McCain was a piece of shit, my father was a Korean War veteran and knew what a shitbag McCain was back in the eighties.

He used to tell me, “I feel bad for what happened to McCain in Vietnam, but the man is an asshole.”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck Donald J. Trump.
McCain was a piece of shit, my father was a Korean War veteran and knew what a shitbag McCain was back in the eighties.

He used to tell me, “I feel bad for what happened to McCain in Vietnam, but the man is an asshole.”
Except it has nothing to do with THAT McCain
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top