Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:17:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't think it would be good fiscal news and it would hurt both sides.

Yeah. All those former slave states of the Soviet Union cry themselves to sleep every night now that they are on their own. Norway really wishes it could reunite with Sweden.

I don't think you understood the article. All red states DID NOT sign the petitions to leave. It was only a few. It would be hard on just a few to be able to be successful on their own. Just my 2 cents.

You are forgetting one fact. The new Red states will no longer have any welfare programs and therefore all the recipients will be moving to the blue states. And as we would basically control most of the food and oil production you would soon find yourselves paying the higher cost of living and ten bucks a gallon for gas just like Europe you all admire so much.  

1) Are you saying what's in red  to me because I posted an article?

2) All oil goes on the market and is sold to the highest bidder, so nobody will control anything.

3) Why do you think the money going to those states is just welfare? Farm bills account for a little bit of the money.

4) Ohio, Illinois, Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Florida, California, Colorado, Virginia and Michigan have heavy agricultural areas.

5) Some those states have access to oil even if it is off of the coast and they have a shot load of refineries also. .

Chill out because it won't happen and it was just an article for shits & giggles.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:35:03 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah. All those former slave states of the Soviet Union cry themselves to sleep every night now that they are on their own. Norway really wishes it could reunite with Sweden.

I don't think you understood the article. All red states DID NOT sign the petitions to leave. It was only a few. It would be hard on just a few to be able to be successful on their own. Just my 2 cents.

You are forgetting one fact. The new Red states will no longer have any welfare programs and therefore all the recipients will be moving to the blue states. And as we would basically control most of the food and oil production you would soon find yourselves paying the higher cost of living and ten bucks a gallon for gas just like Europe you all admire so much.

Europe can easily fix that problem by removing the 5+ dollars per gallon TAX they have on gasoline.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:40:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 4:42:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I found this

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:09:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Tag for later...
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:14:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Wait, is some libtard commie shithead now having problems with wealth redistribution?

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:15:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

'Secessionist' is going to be the next Left establishment slur-meme, like 'Birther' and 'Tea Bagger'.

Also, Dana Milbank is a hack.

We can't have crimes against brotherhood and unity, drug.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

He must not like eating regularly, or having gasoline.

Exactly. They would starve long before us.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Every time I've seen that mentioned,I like to post the county by county maps of race,voting and food stamp usage.

Yes,there certainly are white Republicans on welfare but...well...yeah,don't really want to have a discussion about some of the details that show a very obvious trend.

Please post it.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#10]
1. Kick Red States out.
2. Red States make welfare much harder to get.
3. Leeches flee to Blue States and crash their systems.
4. ????
5. Profit?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:26:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why do these red states take more?  What demographic do they have high amounts of?   ....

PRECISELY - even though the state may be red, I'm guessing there are urban areas within the state where most of the "federal expenditures" go.

either that or farm subsidies
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:30:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Consider this… Where do the people who actually produce the wealth live? Now, where do the people at the top of the corporate food chain live?

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not bitching about salaries and rich people making money. I’m just pointing out that the factory workers (at least the nonunionized ones) live in the red states and the corporate lawyers, CEOs, movie stars, financial people, ect. generally live in the blue states.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:35:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Lots of military facilities in RED states also. They always fail to overlook this.    

Exactly. Are Utah citizens supposed to foot the entire bill for the military bases here?
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lots of military facilities in RED states also. They always fail to overlook this.    

Exactly. Are Utah citizens supposed to foot the entire bill for the military bases here?

You know, we could keep renting out Hood for a reasonable fee.  No big deal.  Why shut down Pantex?  It's not a suicide pact, it's a separation.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:41:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Im still waiting for LA to secede and become Dubai West.

I want my fucking free mercedes.

Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:55:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Red states receive, on average, far more from the federal government in expenditures than they pay in taxes. The balance is the opposite in blue states. The secession petitions, therefore, give the opportunity to create what would be, in a fiscal sense, a far more perfect union.

Among those states with large numbers of petitioners asking out: Louisiana (more than 28,000 signatures at midday Tuesday), which gets about $1.45 in federal largess for every $1 it pays in taxes; Alabama (more than 20,000 signatures), which takes $1.71 for every $1 it puts in; South Carolina (26,000), which takes $1.38 for its dollar; and Missouri (22,000), which takes $1.29 for its dollar.

Read more: Link

The average state gets $1.60 for every tax dollar it pays, because the feds are spending $1.60 for every dollar taken in through taxation. The article is based on erroneous math because the Feds spend so much more than is recieved in taxes.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 5:59:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I would be truly fascinated by the foreign policy of an independent Louisiana.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good!  All the more reason the Red states should be kicked out and made to start their own gov.  I'm good with that!

It would be cool if the center of the nation from the Mexican border through the Plains states merged with Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.  They're not crazy about Ontario and the combination would be an energy colossus.

The amount of food exports would also be huge.

Plus one of the top nuclear super powers in the world.

It would be the economic and military superpower for the next 200 years, maybe longer.

Probably the largest energy producer in the world by 2X or 3X the next largest.

Of course both coastal regions would slide into the shitter.

We'd need Nor Cal through British Columbia as well.  The demand for our products is in the pacific rim, and we'd need an effective way to trade w/ them even if it meant giving some areas like Portland, Seattle, and San. Fran. Sovereign protectorate status.
Link Posted: 11/21/2012 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I would be truly fascinated by the foreign policy of an independent Louisiana.

We would use our Barksdale B52s to nuke China's farm raised shrimp fields, as they are an insult to tastiness.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:31:02 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good!  All the more reason the Red states should be kicked out and made to start their own gov.  I'm good with that!

It would be cool if the center of the nation from the Mexican border through the Plains states merged with Alberta, Saskatchewan and Manitoba.  They're not crazy about Ontario and the combination would be an energy colossus.

It would be the economic and military superpower for the next 200 years, maybe longer.

We'd need Nor Cal through British Columbia as well.  The demand for our products is in the pacific rim, and we'd need an effective way to trade w/ them even if it meant giving some areas like Portland, Seattle, and San. Fran. Sovereign protectorate status.

Alaska through the NW Territory/Yukon.  I should have included those, a regrettable oversight.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:48:20 AM EDT
[#21]
Overly simplistic ignoring basic economics.

Example NYC v Houston NYC pays on avg about $2500 more per capita in net taxes to iRS, to maintain an identical standard of living you would have to make 6k per month in NYC to $3800 in Houston.  So you can see with COLA thrown in the mix the picture becomes murkier.

Add in poer distribution, Nevada reclaiming its water rights from Cali, etc and you realize how simplistic most analysis is.  Using federal income tax data and welfare is just fucking dumb.  Also fails to take in cost of commodity transfer from red to blue states, I.e. Natural Gas, Crude, Foodstuff, etc.

Lots of those Red state costs are also illegals.

Elect me emir of Louisana and there shall be a duck in every pot and a muddin truck in every driveway.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:51:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Why do these red states take more?  What demographic do they have high amounts of?   ....

I Draw a Blank––Help me!!

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:03:53 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you done it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Carpetbaggers?
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:29:57 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Every time I've seen that mentioned,I like to post the county by county maps of race,voting and food stamp usage.

Yes,there certainly are white Republicans on welfare but...well...yeah,don't really want to have a discussion about some of the details that show a very obvious trend.

Please post it.  

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 5:42:59 AM EDT
[#25]
I want to know the breakdown  of Red/Blue of federal support to in the form of tax subsidies to borrowing costs.

Honestly, people can't tell me that somehow ND benefits more from that on a per capita basis than CA or IL.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:15:58 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Example NYC v Houston NYC pays on avg about $2500 more per capita in net taxes to iRS, to maintain an identical standard of living you would have to make 6k per month in NYC to $3800 in Houston.  So you can see with COLA thrown in the mix the picture becomes murkier.

Add in poer distribution, Nevada reclaiming its water rights from Cali, etc and you realize how simplistic most analysis is.  Using federal income tax data and welfare is just fucking dumb.  Also fails to take in cost of commodity transfer from red to blue states, I.e. Natural Gas, Crude, Foodstuff, etc.

Elect me emir of Louisana and there shall be a duck in every pot and a muddin truck in every driveway.

Most major companies give you several K's of "NYC Bonus" if they move you there.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:26:03 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Most major companies give you several K's of "NYC Bonus" if they move you there.

Blue coastal states also receive the lion's share of the home mortgage interest deduction and local property tax deduction due to their higher cost real estate markets.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:28:32 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
they should kick our freeloading red states asses out then

Ayup
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:29:18 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Blue states love to starve, huh?

Food miracles to the city don't ya know.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:32:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Red states produce most of the agricultural products correct?

Good luck with that blue states.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:40:17 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know, we could keep renting out Hood for a reasonable fee.  No big deal.  Why shut down Pantex?  It's not a suicide pact, it's a separation.

Hood is actually leased from the cattle rancher family that owns it.

One of those 99 year type leases.

They still run cattle on training areas

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:46:23 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now you done it!

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

Well, in my region it's lots of social security.

The entire region has become a retirement haven due to the low cost of living and cheap real estate.  Lots of fishing, hunting, water sports, etc.

We have a higher-than-average percentage of 62+yr old people.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:49:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please post it.  

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1l7UHBSz0fg/SxaUcDntOqI/AAAAAAAAARU/yiiFWPI76zA/s400/food+stamp+map.JPG
http://www.decodedscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Election-results-by-county.png
http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/_p2/race_mapti/ancestry_distribution.png

Wow. A lot of food stamps in those red areas.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:59:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Exactly. There are multiple bases in Oklahoma, and I wonder how much it takes to keep them up and running.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:00:38 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

um, no, you gotta keep your tards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:11:19 AM EDT
[#36]
If such states were able to "opt out" of the federal taxation system, you have to assume they would thrive in the long run since they would have to balance their budget which would result in most of the freeloaders heading for greener pastures, and a LOT of businesses and wealth creators moving in.

In the short term?
Protests.
Chaos.
Riots.

Personally, I'm of the opinion that every state should have to balance their budget every year.  And NOT count on the Feds to make up the difference.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dude as long as they don't affect social, tax, or Constitutional policies, bring 'em on.  Deepwater ports are gooooood.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:16:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:

white trash?

In the case of Montana much of it can be attributed to the reservations and the fact that about 10% of the population are military veterans.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:25:47 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Please post it.  

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_1l7UHBSz0fg/SxaUcDntOqI/AAAAAAAAARU/yiiFWPI76zA/s400/food+stamp+map.JPG
http://www.decodedscience.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Election-results-by-county.png
[ur
l=http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/_p2/race_mapti/ancestry_distribution.png]http://xahlee.org/Periodic_dosage_dir/_p2/race_mapti/ancestry_distribution.png[/url]

Those blue areas in Montana coincide nicely with the big reservations.

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 8:56:47 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

um, no, you gotta keep your tards.

Do you consider yourself blue?

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 4:00:55 PM EDT
[#41]
1. Liberal states have fewer limits on welfare so they consume more government dollars.

2. Liberal states have much higher tax deductions (which is to say they don't pay their "fair share" to the federal government to start with).

It's all a misreading of the numbers.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:12:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

We get more than we pay too.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:19:12 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did they take into account on how much each state spends?

As well as their debt?

Or higher taxes and cost of living

Link Posted: 11/22/2012 6:30:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Welfare having, crotch fruit producing youths.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I think something else is worth pointing out. The author assumes that this is a transfer of wealth from the blue states to the red states. Technically this may be true, but if the blue states shipped the red states tons of meth and heroin it would also be a transfer of wealth. That doesn’t mean it would benefit anyone.

Government social programs aren’t bad because they tax from the rich and give to the poor. Granted it’s immoral to take honestly produced wealth by force and give it away to someone else. That’s a given.  But that’s not the real reason they are bad.

Those programs are bad because of the perverse incentives they bring with them. They are bad because they destroy people’s lives. And they are bad because they are socially destructive.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:05:29 PM EDT
[#46]
I don't give a fuck who gets most of the handouts  by State...........what I do care about is the Red States VOTE for candidates who want to END THE FSA.

Fucking libtards.
Link Posted: 11/22/2012 7:11:10 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

We get more than we pay too.

Step 1. secede
Step 2. End welfare/food stamps/Housing assistance....................and watch the FSA horde migrate northeast or hard west.
Step 3. Welcome southerly migrating productive members of society.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top