Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:38:30 PM EST
[#1]
Regardless of your views on these two politicians, this infighting must please the lock stepping Dems to no end.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:39:05 PM EST
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This is what I was watching that prompted this thread. Haven't watched this clip yet, don't know if the f bomb is included, but Gaetz is pissed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UbRClNaeo
View Quote
I hope he doesn't take any drop top rides near book repositories.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:40:19 PM EST
[#3]
We love Matt down here in Florida.  California Republicans are going to California!
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:44:11 PM EST
[#4]
Quoted:

Right on, thanks...

...but I was hoping for some f bombs
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any video?...

Right on, thanks...

@RIP-Yataski
The video above in post 38. Start watching at 11:40. Watch the entire video for some good points and accusations.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:45:10 PM EST
[#5]
Quoted:
This is what I was watching that prompted this thread. Haven't watched this clip yet, don't know if the f bomb is included, but Gaetz is pissed.

View Quote

Indeed it was ...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:45:11 PM EST
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

This video is a masterclass in politics. Other republican candidates should watch this and take notes. Gaetz calls on a bunch of different news outlets and gives very detailed and substantiative answers to the questions. No dodging. Very well thought out.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:46:10 PM EST
[#7]
Quoted:

This video is a masterclass in politics. Other republican candidates should watch this and take notes. Gaetz calls on a bunch of different news outlets and gives very detailed and substantiative answers to the questions. No dodging. Very well thought out.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I was impressed.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:46:45 PM EST
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

Arrogant piece of shit...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:50:14 PM EST
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

The F bomb is indeed there.. The last minute of the video.  I like this guys passion. Hopefully it's not just an act.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:50:38 PM EST
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Post Gaetzs reply
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:51:57 PM EST
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

Translation: I've got the lobbyists, the donors, the Deep State and the MSM lined up on my side (since I'm in the Dems pocket).
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:53:52 PM EST
[#12]
I look forward to the next guy everyone will hate.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 7:56:10 PM EST
[#13]
During the Speaker selection process, I seem to recall McCarthy agreeing to certain conditions in return for the votes of a small group of R holdouts.  If he disregards those agreements, someone needs to call him on it.  I think that's what we are seeing here.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:00:07 PM EST
[#14]
Quoted:

@RIP-Yataski
The video above in post 38. Start watching at 11:40. Watch the entire video for some good points and accusations.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Any video?...

Right on, thanks...

@RIP-Yataski

Excellent video w/facts...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:01:58 PM EST
[#15]
Quoted:

Post Gaetzs reply
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post Gaetzs reply

Me? Someone probably will...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:02:45 PM EST
[#16]
Dems will bail out McCarthy. He's been a push over and handing them everything they want.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:02:55 PM EST
[#17]
Matt Gaetz comes frommgood stock. His Father is running again for the State Legislature.

He was a staunch 2A defender in the Legislature and backed Open Carry and Campus Carry when the other Republicans in control of the Legislature was against it. Florida has concurrent term limits. For example, you can only be a State Senator for eight years in a row, then leave office for a cycle, and run again. The term limits aren't for life.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/4234410-matt-gaetzs-father-seeking-return-to-florida-senate/amp/

Don Gaetz, Rep. Matt Gaetz's (R-Fla.) father, announced Monday that he will be running again for the Florida Senate, where he served from 2006-16.

Don Gaetz, a Republican, said that he has no intentions of seeking higher office and that his goal is to make living in Florida affordable, The Associated Press reported.

"It's apparent that while we are a low tax state, we are also a high electricity cost, high insurance if you can find it state and a high housing cost state," Don Gaetz said. "High costs, these kitchen table issues, make it hard for people to live here. The state of Florida has to become an affordable state to live in."

Don Gaetz previously served as president of the Florida Senate from 2012-14.

He said his decision to run has nothing to do with rumors of his son, Matt Gaetz, weighing a bid for Florida governor in 2026.

"Matt's not pursuing any run for governor. He's pushing forward tackling budget and spending problems in Washington and fighting for term limits," Don Gaetz said, according to the AP.

Don Gaetz said he would be pre-filing the paperwork to formalize his bid Monday, the Pensacola News Journal reported. He is running to succeed outgoing state Sen. Doug Broxson (R) to represent District 1. Another Republican candidate, Frank White, said he would withdraw from the race if the elder Gaetz entered.

Don Gaetz said he had not considered running for office again until a few weeks ago, when, the News Journal reported, he was on a radio show and the host asked him about a possible run. Don Gaetz said the question surprised him.

"I told him, 'I don't have any plans to run for the Senate,' but I told people I would listen. So I'm listening. That spread," he said. "Then three or four days ago, Frank [White] said, 'Don, if you run I will withdraw.' That made the decision a lot easier."

Both Broxson and White expressed their support for Don Gaetz.

"I think he is considered one of the best Senate presidents," Broxson said in a statement, according to the News Journal. "His members thought he was so inclusive and willing to serve with them and work on projects they thought were important."

"Don Gaetz is a living legend for good reason, and his record speaks for itself," White told The Hill in a statement. "He has my full support."

Here's some previous articles from his former time in the legislature.

Don Gaetz files amendment in attempt to resurrect open carry of guns proposal Mar 2, 2016

Gaetz: Open carrying of guns is a right granted by God Oct 6, 2015
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:03:12 PM EST
[#18]
Single subject spending bills (all bills really) is the most basic and yet most important thing we should all be demanding from Congress.

Being able hold the citizens/troops as hostages to ransome off in order to pass unfavorable spending and laws ought to be criminal.  Single subject sets the people free.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:07:10 PM EST
[#19]
Quoted:

Return to regular order with single issue bills instead of combining everything into a must pass budget resolution?

Gaetz is legitimately the only one fighting for Americans. All of these republican idiots screeching Gaetz is a chaos individual in the house just don't get it. Why do these idiots think we are 33 trillion in debt? Because of how the house has operated for the last 20 years.
View Quote

Can you imagine how busy doing their job they would be if that happened?  They couldn’t spend all day in committee hearings like the world’s most lavish HOA.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:08:29 PM EST
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Post Gaetzs reply

I believe his reply was:

"Just did"
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:13:09 PM EST
[#21]
Quoted:

To expose McCarthy as a democrat, irregardless of what letter is behind his name. The d will surely not vote to out him with enough numbers to actually out him. Most r's won't either...

...now this is finally going to be entertaining
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Gaetz couldn't do any better than the current Speaker. The GOP barely has enough votes to maintain procedural control in the House, what is his master plan?

To expose McCarthy as a democrat, irregardless of what letter is behind his name. The d will surely not vote to out him with enough numbers to actually out him. Most r's won't either...

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:15:05 PM EST
[#22]
Good.  Hold McCarthy's feet to the fire.

I bet the Dems save him.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:16:09 PM EST
[#23]
Speaking to reporters on the steps of the Capitol, a beaming Gaetz predicted he has the votes to oust McCarthy — as long as Democrats don’t move to save the speaker.

“I have enough Republicans where, at this point next week, one of two things will happen: Kevin McCarthy won’t be the speaker of the house, or he’ll be the speaker of the House working at the pleasure of the Democrats. And I’m at peace with either result, because the American people deserve to know who governs them,” Gaetz said.

Source

If Gaetz accomplishes this, he automatically destroys the Establishment Republicans no matter the outcome.

Florida-ManTM doing what the rest of the country is too timid to do.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:16:55 PM EST
[#24]
Quoted:
Good.  Hold McCarthy's feet to the fire.

I bet the Dems save him.
View Quote
Honestly, I believe Gaetz hope they do since it shatters the resolve of the Establishment.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:18:03 PM EST
[#25]
Quoted:

I believe his reply was:

"Just did"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:20:47 PM EST
[#26]
Quoted:

Return to regular order with single issue bills instead of combining everything into a must pass budget resolution?

Gaetz is legitimately the only one fighting for Americans. All of these republican idiots screeching Gaetz is a chaos individual in the house just don't get it. Why do these idiots think we are 33 trillion in debt? Because of how the house has operated for the last 20 years.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:22:08 PM EST
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Gaetz is laying out the uniparty for everyone to see. Two sides of the same coin.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:22:37 PM EST
[#28]
Quoted:
Honestly, I believe Gaetz hope they do since it shatters the resolve of the Establishment.
View Quote

From your lips to God's ears.

Fuck the GoPe.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:23:08 PM EST
[#29]
Quoted:
Regardless of your views on these two politicians, this infighting must please the lock stepping Dems to no end.
View Quote

Likely not.  Both Dems and GOP have an establishment swamp segment and a more radical element.  The Dems its the progressives, the GOP its MAGA.

This is more about rooting out the establishment swamp control over the GOP and the House.

These fights need to be had or you are going to continue to see GOP wins hamstrung by leadership elements working towards the swamps goals.  

Both segments for the Dems dont want to see MAGA take the reigns over party leadership, but for different reasons.  Thats why they will move to bail out GOP swamp.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:23:12 PM EST
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Faggot is from Commiefornia so that is telling.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:24:30 PM EST
[#31]
Quoted:

Fuck the GoPe.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck the GoPe.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:25:42 PM EST
[#32]
Quoted:
Good . The GOP Is fucking mess. They will not help you.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:29:16 PM EST
[#33]
I'm not sure people realize how big this could be for the R party and "Democracy" and a constitutional republic structure. Under Gaetz's single vote single bill regular order approach which was the standard for 200+ years, 90% of the Democrat attack ads go away. Remember those ads that screech "Joe John candidate voted against or voted against lower blah"? The whole reason those are possible is because of house leaderships policy, in both parties, combining multiple bills and spending into single massive bills.

Under regular order, each representative has to defend individual votes on individual issues. That's how our government should be working. When the US congress was first formed, serving in Congress or the Senate was a part time job...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:30:47 PM EST
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Democrat side of the House, in a bad sign for Gaetz’s efforts, erupted into laughter as Gaetz left the floor after making his motion.

Those fuckers love it.

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:32:41 PM EST
[#35]
Quoted:
When the US congress was first formed, serving in Congress or the Senate was a part time job...
View Quote

They went back to their REAL jobs and didn't make $150 million while in Congress.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:34:48 PM EST
[#36]
Quoted:

The Democrat side of the House, in a bad sign for Gaetz’s efforts, erupted into laughter as Gaetz left the floor after making his motion.

Those fuckers love it.

View Quote

McCarthy works for them so why wouldn't they laugh.  Realistically Hakeem Jeffries is the Speaker of the House.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:36:28 PM EST
[#37]
Typical arfcom GD. The guy is standing up and most of you are pissing on him. So typical of this outfit. Disgusting.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:39:14 PM EST
[#38]
I like Matt Gaetz. He's running for Governor of Florida in 2026. This purported Speaker fight gives him the spotlight and helps to keep primary competitors out of the Governor's race.

I keep wondering; how can he make the Democrat-controlled Senate take up his single-issue spending bills?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:41:18 PM EST
[#39]
Quoted:

They went back to their REAL jobs and didn't make $150 million while in Congress.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yep. Life as a congressman in the 1790's:

Life While on Break from Congress
When not in session, the members of Congress were free to pursue their lives from the comfort of home. Many maintained second careers as lawyers, merchants or landowners. During those years when Congressmen could leave early in March, they traveled before the spring rains bogged down the roads with mud.

The reelected members could look to an extended period at home to cultivate family life, reacquaint themselves with their constituents, and pursue other career choices before returning to Congress.

It's no wonder why property rights and family rights were paramount in lawmaking. Nowadays, not so much.

Quoted:
I like Matt Gaetz. He's running for Governor of Florida in 2026. This purported Speaker fight gives him the spotlight and helps to keep primary competitors out of the Governor's race.

I keep wondering; how can he make the Democrat-controlled Senate take up his single-issue spending bills?

If it's the only thing coming out of the House, the Senate will not really have a choice.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:41:59 PM EST
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

Simple, shut down the useless Federal Government.  Then they can start passing the bills for the parts of government they want to be open.  Call their bluff.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:43:07 PM EST
[#41]
Quoted:
Typical arfcom GD. The guy is standing up and most of you are pissing on him. So typical of this outfit. Disgusting.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:43:26 PM EST
[#42]
Quoted:
Good . The GOP Is fucking mess. They will not help you.
View Quote
This. GOPe is as bad as the dems.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:50:01 PM EST
[#43]
In this thread we get to see who has a shiload of MIC stock...
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:50:35 PM EST
[#44]
Quoted:

Simple, shut down the useless Federal Government.  Then they can start passing the bills for the parts of government they want to be open.  Call their bluff.
View Quote

Shutting down the government in 1995-1996 turned Bill Clinton from a sure loser in the 1996 election to an untouchable winner. Shutting it down anytime before November of 2024 simply puts the degenerate, demented Biden back in the White House, and likely with Democrat majorities in the Congress. How is that an improvement?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:52:44 PM EST
[#45]
Why do we keep picking guys like Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:53:52 PM EST
[#46]
It’s about damned time someone stood up and called out the Uniparty like this
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:54:29 PM EST
[#47]
Quoted:
Why do we keep picking guys like Boehner, Ryan and McCarthy.
View Quote

Why didn't I get to vote in the process?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:55:50 PM EST
[#48]
Quoted:

Shutting down the government in 1995-1996 turned Bill Clinton from a sure loser in the 1996 election to an untouchable winner. Shutting it down anytime before November of 2024 simply puts the degenerate, demented Biden back in the White House, and likely with Democrat majorities in the Congress. How is that an improvement?
View Quote

And handing him and the Democrats everything they want does exactly what? Why even bother to vote Republican if they keep giving it all away with ZERO concessions?
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:56:08 PM EST
[#49]
Quoted:
effin hypocrite voted to raise the public debt by 7 trillion bucks in the Trump administration.
View Quote

The response to shutting down the economy for twenty months is just a figment of some poster's imagination.
Link Posted: 10/2/2023 8:58:25 PM EST
[#50]
Quoted:
What an idiot.

Nobody has ever succeeded in politics by pissing off everybody including your own team.
View Quote

You're correct.  This is why Speaker McCarthy most go.  Your post is concerning Speaker McCarthy - right?
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top