Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:25:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Why would you voluntarily speak that God-forsaken language?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No se habla una palabra de espanol, habla ingles o vaya tu casa!

puedes aprender o no tienes que hablar con mi.  

no voy a ir porque no me puedes entender.

Usted es un ArfComer, y usted puede comunicarse en inglés y no esperar tener libros especiales, firma mientras el etc;, su todo bueno!

'ta bueno...

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:27:00 PM EDT
[#3]
De dónde es usted?

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:27:13 PM EDT
[#4]
entonces de que parte sos?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:27:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Usted es un ArfComer, y usted puede comunicarse en inglés y no esperar tener libros especiales, firma mientras el etc;, su todo bueno!

That's whay I'm talking about... I remember a thread on which Vito (The Irishman ) said that there had laws in the UK that stated that all minorities have to be offered an official translator to and form English.

It's not about prohibiting people to speak certain language, but more to the side of centralizing all official communications in one (or two) languages and be done with it.

At least that's what I think with what little I know, I may be wrong though.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#6]
En antes de la cerradura
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:29:15 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
entonces de que parte sos?

Buenos Aires!
OMG, that DK-P picture! LMAO
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:29:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
En antes de la cerradura

ROTFLMAO
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:32:04 PM EDT
[#9]
portenos agrandados!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:33:07 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Je ne comprends pas!

Parlez vous Francais?

Un peu.

-----|  |-----

J'aussi ! J'ai pris trois ans dans le lycée.

(That's probably really bad grammar, and spelling- it's been a dozen years... or more. )
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:33:13 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
portenos agrandados!

Dude, you either ARE Argentine or spent A LOT of time with some of my nationals...
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's whay I'm talking about... I remember a thread on which Vito (The Irishman ) said that there had laws in the UK that stated that all minorities have to be offered an official translator to and form English.

It's not about prohibiting people to speak certain language, but more to the side of centralizing all official communications in one (or two) languages and be done with it.

At least that's what I think with what little I know, I may be wrong though.

thats a good idea, but there are more than enough spanish speakers in this country to warrant a bilingual exception.  i honetly believe that the official languages of this country should be english and spanish together.  historically many of our legal residents speak spanish, and legal citizens in our protectorate do as well, not counting the influx of immigrants at all.  it has to do with history as well as geography.  

that way we would only have to focus on two languages and not the multitude the brits have boxed themselves in with.  

either way, english only in government is an acceptable argument, but bitching about hearing it on the street is really quite pointless.  they are two unrelated issues, and it wont change either way.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#13]
had an argentine and uruguayo roomate, still drink yerba mate too!
pero lo tomo asi como los gauchos verdaderos sin azucar, no como esas mujeres en la ciudad
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Yo soy paramedico.  Respira profundo por la boca, por favor.

BTW- my aunt was from a little village outside of Buenos Aires.  (and a legal U.S. citizen too!)
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Je ne comprends pas!

Parlez vous Francais?

Un peu.

-----|  |-----

J'aussi ! J'ai pris trois ans dans le lycée.

(That's probably really bad grammar, and spelling- it's been a dozen years... or more. )

Still better than me. My high school edumacation was Latin.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:40:06 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
had an argentine and uruguayo roomate, still drink yerba mate too!
pero lo tomo asi como los gauchos verdaderos sin azucar, no como esas mujeres en la ciudad

I don't even like that stuff... Weird, ah?
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:41:26 PM EDT
[#17]
LLAVAR MI TORTUGA CON LA ASPERADORA
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#18]
mi tocadisco esta descompuesto
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 6:44:20 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Tu es un punta y un sombrero del asno

No se habla una palabra de espanol, habla ingles o vaya tu casa!

Tambien pare su drugas, cigaros 'e alcohol.

Viva Los Estados Unidos.

Rapido Mexico Norte!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweet, did they pass that official language thing yet?  No?

Maybe they ought to.  Soon.

yes, because as soon as they do, everyone who did not speak english before magically will all of a sudden.  

if you think passing that bill would change anything you need to think again.

that said, i speak fluent spanish and german.  i will continue to do so at will, regardless of what the national language is or isnt.

to those who get offended when im on my cellphone talking in spanish, or speaking to a friend in public. it isnt rude.  its only rude if im attempting to talk to you in that way.

you shouldnt be fucking eavesdropping anyway.

I don't give a fuck if they speak it or not, I just don't want to see other languages catered to in any way.  I want government services to be English only.

I speak more than one language too, and I'm an immigrant.  I still want the US to have an official language and I want it to be English.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:43:28 PM EDT
[#21]
UNCLE SAM say's......speak English
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:45:08 PM EDT
[#22]
I dont get it.

Uno mas cerveza?
Thats all I know.
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:45:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Seal the Border! Now!!!!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:49:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Yo estoy mas comico.

Su broma es no comico, no tienes bromas comicos.

ARFCOM no se gusta espanol, hablas inglés solamente.

Espanol no es mal.

Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#25]
How do you say, " All the mexican bitches I ever fucked loved it in the ass by gringo Jody"?

somebody has to plow them while Jose is working for peanuts....
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:54:17 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
How do you say, " All the mexican bitches I ever fucked loved it in the ass by gringo Jody"?

somebody has to plow them while Jose is working for peanuts....

LMFAO!
Link Posted: 12/30/2006 7:58:17 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Do you speak Botchi?

Of course sir, I am fluent in over 70 million languages.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:07:52 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who speaks English in Miami?

I do

I just smile at everyone and pretend I know what they're saying.
If ARFCOM had spanish forum I would bet a lot of spanish speaking lurkers would post, people actually get angry when my rudimentary spanish mainly sex talk and curse words dont' make it in Miami, someone called me "El Morongon" I did not know what to make of it so I kept quiet till I found out what it meant. Very funny
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:09:15 AM EDT
[#29]
Go back to Russia you commie
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:10:50 AM EDT
[#30]
Necessito uno mas cervasa, por favor.

Donde estas el banyo.

All the espanol I need.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:13:27 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Donde estas el banyo.

All the espanol I need.
Mami, estas buena and quanto por todo la noche are my claim to fame.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:18:23 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Donde estas el banyo.

All the espanol I need.
Mami, estas buena and quanto por todo la noche are my claim to fame.

El bano es en su mama cara...

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:20:57 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
c'mon, its a joke!

Only if you speak spanish.

I hafta listen to peopel speak spanish around me all the time. It's fucking rude....

...It's like whispering and telling secrets. I fucking hate it when people do it.

The best thing you can do is learn enough Spanish so you can tell whether or not people are fucking with you.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:27:44 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
The best thing you can do is learn enough Spanish so you can tell whether or not people are fucking with you.

I remember a grooup of about 10 USA tourists I took a little 1 day travel with... We were all on a LR Defender listening to the guide and I kept quiet all the time.

They were talking in English making fun of the country, the driver, all kinds of stuff.

I kept quiet.

About 15 minutes from arriving to their hotel, one of them told a joke and I laugher involuntary.

They all froze. And one of them asked me if I speak English.

I looked at them, then made eye contact with the asking guy and said "but of course I do"

The look on their faces was quite something

Not all tourists are like this though
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:28:26 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
c'mon, its a joke!

I hafta listen to peopel speak spanish around me all the time. It's fucking rude....

...It's like whispering and telling secrets. I fucking hate it when people do it.

Learn the real curse words not just "maricon" and when the start and you are by yourself and they start the whispering let off like you got Tourettes, guaranteed to bring a chuckle or at least everyone back to English.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:29:08 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
MY HUEVOS ESSE GRANDE

So you have big eggs?
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:29:38 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
c'mon, its a joke!

Exactly. If you learn a foreign language, it might as well be spanish. It can only bring good things - you can understand people on the street, you can get a better job, etc.

It wasn't that hard for me to learn spanish. It took a couple of years (because I did studied it whenever I had free time, and I didn't have a lot of free time). But once you get the structure down, learn some vocabulary, etc. it's a piece of cake.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:48:16 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

...It wasn't that hard for me to learn spanish. It took a couple of years (because I did studied it whenever I had free time, and I didn't have a lot of free time). But once you get the structure down, learn some vocabulary, etc. it's a piece of cake.

Many people who know more languages that I do have said that Spanish is by far the easiest to learn.  The structure is mostly consistent, and most of the inconsistencies fit patterns.  I took Spanish classes in 7th through 9th grade, used it whenever appropriate, and when I entered college I was able to pass a foreign language proficiency requirement (thus avoiding about a year of foreign language classes).
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I remember a grooup of about 10 USA tourists I took a little 1 day travel with... We were all on a LR Defender listening to the guide and I kept quiet all the time.

They were talking in English making fun of the country, the driver, all kinds of stuff.

I kept quiet.

About 15 minutes from arriving to their hotel, one of them told a joke and I laugher involuntary.

They all froze. And one of them asked me if I speak English.

I looked at them, then made eye contact with the asking guy and said "but of course I do"

The look on their faces was quite something

Not all tourists are like this though

i lived overseas for years and saw exactly that many, many times.  we americans seem so quick to point the finger but absolve ourselves.

it also seems to be so easy in this country to expect that people learn english at the drop of a hat, yet americans abroad are by far the absolute worst at learning the native tongue.  if they do its usually at a very rudimentary level where they love to pat themselves on the back and proclaim fluency.   most americans abroad expect demand everyone to accomodate them in english....imagine that.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:10:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Todos deben aprender espanol, porque muy pronto sera la idioma official!  Lo veamos!  Estamos permitiendo que los Mexicanos nos dicen que hacer and como actuar, y si no luchamos tanto como luchan, ganaran y perderemos.  Somos gordos, estupidos y felizes.

Bienvenidos a nuestro senores nuevos!  Me gustaria les recordar que como un persona que hablar Espanol, yo podria ser muy util recolectar otro gente para trabajar en los cuevas azucares subterraneos.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:13:51 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Je ne comprends pas!

Parlez vous Francais?

Mais oui! Il's parlent Francaise dans Louisiana et New Orleans

ANdy
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:22:09 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Maybe you should learn it.  no apostrophe.

Link Posted: 12/31/2006 10:23:03 AM EDT
[#43]
un poco mal

I learned mexican (not spanish) because my mother spoke it as a first language(she used TV to learn to speak english and thiks its rude to speak mexican in front of non-mexican speakers)...and yes there is a difference.....most mexicans never go to spain so they call it spanish...its like Britian English and American english......

ETA:and yes I know its spanish native and spanish non-native....I just call it mexican

I am half texoma (Oklahoma/texas border) irish and half mexican..

when a race war starts I will not be excepted only mistrusted by both sides
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 12:06:05 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Maybe you should learn it.  no apostrophe.

My spellcheck button is bruken
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:32:51 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

...It wasn't that hard for me to learn spanish. It took a couple of years (because I did studied it whenever I had free time, and I didn't have a lot of free time). But once you get the structure down, learn some vocabulary, etc. it's a piece of cake.

Many people who know more languages that I do have said that Spanish is by far the easiest to learn.  The structure is mostly consistent, and most of the inconsistencies fit patterns.  I took Spanish classes in 7th through 9th grade, used it whenever appropriate, and when I entered college I was able to pass a foreign language proficiency requirement (thus avoiding about a year of foreign language classes).
I took spanish all 4 years of HS, did it help? the Spanish I hear spoken in Miami and what I heard in NYC and from traveling througout Latin Americans completely different from US high school spanish, being married to a Puerto Rican, then a Dominican and now with my Cuban and Brazilian girlfriends (who speak portuguese, a whole different animal) I am subject to the variations of Spanish and Portuguese.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:44:27 PM EDT
[#46]
No comprende, hombre!
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 3:53:30 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Asi que se puede escribir en Espaniol.

Veamos cuanto tarda en llegar el candado

Shut up and come back when your finished cutting my lawn.
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Ispanskij -- samij khujovnyj jazyk. Ja dumaju, chto russkij i anglijskij jazyki -- jedinestvjennye khoroshie jazyki v mirje.

(U menja jest' anglijskaja klaviatura... ja nje mogu pisat' po-russki na komp'jutjere).
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:48:33 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Now seriously... How come you guys don't have an official language?

If eventually you instaurate one... Think it's gonna be just English or gonna adopt Spanish as well and become a two languages country?

Not what you WANT, but what you think it will happen.

I'm in favor of the "Welcome to America, now speak English" crowd, by the way.

I'm more in the crowd of "Welcome to America, now get the f*&k out!" when it comes to those who came here illegally (if you came here legally, you had to have known some English to do it)
Link Posted: 12/31/2006 4:50:24 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Do you speak Botchi?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top