Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:22:20 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Of course, had the game gone the other way .... I'm sure all of you whiners would uphold you positions? That the officiating was bad?

Get over it! Seattle lost. Plain and simple. Lets go back to the days of no replays ....

I really didn't care who won...but the officiating was shitty, and I hate to see the outcome questioned due to crappy refs.

There were quite a few bad calls, some of them very game impacting....in post season games refs need to let 'em play. If something isn't a direct impact to the play or extremely blatant, they should let 'em go....way to many BS penalties, hell the first half, neither team could get a rythym going becuase of all the stops for penalties.

Sorry, the push off call in the end zone...that little pushoff in no way affected the defensive players chance to get the ball...it was a mutual pushoff, and there was no way he could've have gotten to the ball.

Roethlisberger's touchdown was bad...that ball did not cross the plane. BUT there wasn't a clear enough view to overturn it...that was a tough one, but still bad.

Seattle made enough mistakes that they can't say the game was stolen from them, but they could make the argument that they were screwed on a few crucial calls....
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:32:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Steelers MVP's were the refs.  The Steelers quarteback should have been called for a low block on the trick play that scored a touchdown.  This was right after the Seattle quarterback got called for a "low block" while making a tackle.  

I don't know who could have won the game, but the Seahawks were never given a fair chance.  How about the ref calling a timout for the Steelers when the play clock ran out.  The replay showed not one Steeler asking for one.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 10:54:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Steelers MVP's were the refs.  The Steelers quarteback should have been called for a low block on the trick play that scored a touchdown.  This was right after the Seattle quarterback got called for a "low block" while making a tackle.  

I don't know who could have won the game, but the Seahawks were never given a fair chance.  How about the ref calling a timout for the Steelers when the play clock ran out.  The replay showed not one Steeler asking for one.

Steeler QB called timeout as clock hit zero. Plain as day. Even Madden commented on the perfect timing. Steeler QB defended high enough to still be on his feet after his block--couldn't have been that low.

Never given a fair chance? The Seahawks DROPPED a ton of good passes and then didn't realize there was a time limit to the game. They lost the game all by themselves.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:04:17 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I am by no way a football fan.

But I must say this. I did actually watch the whole game last night with my family. The Seahawks had the game stolen from them from the officals on two terrible calls.

The steelers, though declared the winners, should feel no honor by winning that game. That ball NEVER made it to the goal line.

The ball doesn't have to reach the goal line, the player must merely cross it at some point.  The QB did it without a doubt, it was very visible on all of the replays.  I would agree that the call on the Seahawks QB for low tackle was bad though.

The score was such that the game wouldn't have been changed regardless of the calls, so just get over it.

Woohoo dude, where did you learn your NFL rules?

The ball must break the goal line to count. It doesnt have to go thru it it just has to break into it.

Time to go to school there dude.

Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh yea,

9 pages and IBTL We all know that the officals did not play fairly because we are all arguing. If it had been a blow out or a real game, the losers (me) would have out mouths shut.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:39:32 AM EDT
[#6]
Blah, blah, blah...

I won $300 on the final score so I'm happy with the outcome!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#7]
See what replay has done to the game?

If you think the ref's were actually giving calls to one side or another, you are a delusional idiot. If you think they made some imperfect calls, you're right, after all they are human. If you think you can do better, my all means apply for the job.

Steelers won. No further.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Losers bitch about the refs, while winners go home and fuck the prom queen.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:48:53 AM EDT
[#9]
    Daaaaa Bears!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 11:49:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Losers bitch about the refs rules, while winners go home and fuck the prom queen.

Fixed, I do believe.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:01:35 PM EDT
[#11]
The steelers TD was good, it was a judgement call but it wasn't a bad call.

Problem is all the judgement calls, and a couple just plain bad calls, went to the steelers.

Here's how I see it, the pushoff call was extremely questionable, and the TD should have posted.

Then there wouldn't have been a field goal in the first half.

The low block call was BS.

I assume the 'hawks could have scored from first and one.

I would hope they could kick for the extra point.

Then the score would have been tied at 21, assuming the Seahawks wouldn't have played better if the coaching staff hadn't fallen apart due to all the bad breaks.

No matter who won, that was the game we should have seen.

Steelers fans should be just as pissed off as Seahawks fans.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I think the calls were pretty much bad for both teams. I men it really, really looked to me like the Seahawks fumbles the ball in the beginning on that pass that was caught, then dropped when he was hit. The guy took a step or two and had the ball in his chest when he dropped it. Steelers recovers, and was ruled an incomplete pass.

Aviator
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:20:12 PM EDT
[#13]
THE SEATTLE SEAHAWKS WERE CHEATED.  PERIOD.  I USUALLY AM HAPPY FOR THE WINNERS, EVEN IF I WASN'T ROOTING FOR THEM, BUT NOT THIS GAME, THIS GAME WAS TRASH, IT LEFT A FOUL TASTE IN MY MOUTH.   HAD TO VENT.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:22:38 PM EDT
[#14]
WAS THIS GUY ONE OF THE REFS FROM LAST NIGHT?
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#15]
STEELERS WON, NOTHING ELSE TO REALLY SAY, NOTHING WE DO CAN CHANGE IT.  
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:31:26 PM EDT
[#16]
I wasn't happy with the officiating. I don't think it was up to par.

The Steelers played a good defensive game, they were all over the Hawks. The Hawks damn near shutdown the Steelers until the 4th quarter. That is when the Steelers won the game.

The Hawks missed two fieldgoals and were penalized by some really bad calls. The officials missed some big Steeler holding penalties and penalized the Hawks for nothing more than playing the game.

I would have rather seen the game settled on the teams merits, rather than by the officials.

In the end, I think the Steelers got four more points than they earned and the Hawks got screwed out of seven.

So that would put them about even and that matches up to the game I watched. They were pretty evenly matched.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:34:35 PM EDT
[#17]
sounds like a bitter pill
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#18]
the officiating was terrible, but the 2 big controversial calls were correct. The ball did break the line when Ben dove "into" the endzone, at first I didn't think it did, but after it sure looked like it did to me. And the Seattle WR did push off, right in front of the ref.
Link Posted: 2/6/2006 1:58:21 PM EDT
[#19]
I am utterly amazed at so many "arm chair coaches, quarterbacks, and officals out there.  SOOOO many people do not have a clue!!!!

The ground CAN cause a fumble IF the player, in this case a QB, dives head first AND is untouched.  The play is live until he is touched by a defender.  He could actually ROLL all the way to the endzone if he wanted!!!!

Had he not been touched it WOULD have been a fumble.  Now had he slid feet first he is down without the need to be touched!  This rule is in place in the NFL to protect QB's  Please differentiate between COLLEGE and the NFL when armchairing!!!!

If ANY PART of a football breaks the plane of the goalline it is a touchdown, period.  If you look carefully at the TD in question, the nose of the ball where he is holding it is breaking the plane resulting in a TD.

ANY contact while the ball is in the air to gain seperation and catch the ball is, as stated in the rules, a penalty  The Seattle defender DID push off to gain seperation in the endzone.

The Seattle QB was called for a block below the waist because he took on a Steeler blocker who was leading the way for the DB.  This is also against the rules to protect players in the NFL.  In college a player may block below the waist at any point on the field.

You CAN block below the waist in the area known as the "box" between the tackles within 3 yards of the line of scrimmage, in the NFL!!!!

People please learn the rules of the NFL and college prior to voicing your "opinions"

If anyone has anything else to whine about, I suggest you get a tissue for your issue!!!!!!!!

Link Posted: 2/7/2006 6:21:39 PM EDT
[#20]
I truly love getting the last word LOL

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top