Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:02:34 AM EST
[#1]
I have a first generation Little Giant ladder.  Aside from the weight it's an awesome ladder.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 8:04:06 AM EST
[#2]
The thread is spot on. They are good, but don't pay for the Little Giant name. Werner, Gorilla, and Keller are all good to go. They're great for stairways or other uneven spaces. I have a 22'. You can make an A-frame at the bottom of the stairs run a plank to the top of the stairs, and get at everything in one setup. I've even used it as a straight ladder to put a ladder-jack and 24'x6" stage on. I wouldn't recommend this, but the ladder held without creaking or anything.

That said, everything else I own is type 1A fiberglass, and I'm much more comfortable on those.
Link Posted: 8/20/2017 9:15:47 AM EST
[#3]
How about the availability of a fiberglass unit in any of these listed Mfg's?
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:29:34 PM EST
[#5]
I just got a Gorilla Ladder, '22, it weighs 40 lbs.  rated for 375lb.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 1:37:12 PM EST
[#6]
Versatile, yes. But it's too damned heavy for little things around the house.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:03:47 PM EST
[#7]
Check 1800ladders.com. I just got a 28' Little Giant Sumo Stance delivered from them today.
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:27:11 PM EST
[#8]

I came here to post the same story, but with the LG version

Edit: meant to quote the foot smasher on page 1
Link Posted: 8/22/2017 2:54:35 PM EST
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about the availability of a fiberglass unit in any of these listed Mfg's?
View Quote
They're available but they're very pricey.  https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00AX09CUG/ref=psdc_553478_t3_B0046LVG1Q

As others have stated, Little Giant used to be all Made in USA and prominently labeled such, but I see that has changed since I bought mine, they don't advertise it prominently as they once did.  I suspect the patent lapsed and to compete with werner+gorilla they had to stop making the cheap models in the USA or go out of business. Sometime between 2012 and 2014, "Art says Little Giant has embraced globalization with manufacturing facilities in China, India, and Brazil that employ over 3,000 people in all."  https://companyweek.com/company-profile/little-giant-ladders

That's a shame.  The made in usa label was a significant factor in my purchase decision.

Edit: They do for sure still manufacture SOME in the USA - that same companyweek article says they need "Another manufacturing facility on the East Coast. With low unemployment and high freight costs from Utah, Art says Little Giant will open another U.S. plant before 2020."
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top