Quoted:
That's kinda funny..............Obama a conservative? Good grief

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's kinda funny..............Obama a conservative? Good grief

Quoted:
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit,"

If you are a die hard Marxist, Obama is a light weight as far as policy is concerned.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#2]
i have many fucks to give, but will spare none for this kind of hypocrisy!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:09:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I was just doing recon, one idiot called Gabby G an American hero.... WTF did she do but get shot?  Another said this

View All Quotes
Quoted:
I was just doing recon, one idiot called Gabby G an American hero.... WTF did she do but get shot?  Another said this

You realize she is being used because she is more photogenic than an aging fat man in a wheelchair, right?

James Brady is an old act. New talent is needed by those who seek to remove weapons.

If you got that off of Liberal Gun Club...
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:09:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

$100 says she's only doing it because guns are "controversial."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
"Marlene Hoeber is feisty, tattooed, transgender, a self-described feminist, a queer activist - and a crack shot with her favorite 'toys,' guns of just about every kind."

http://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Liberals-find-comfort-level-in-NPR-of-gun-clubs-5107330.php

$100 says she's only doing it because guns are "controversial."

NOT taking that bet.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:10:32 AM EDT
[#5]
Just goes to show that you can't stereotype everyone conveniently with labels. Sounds like these liberals are more like left leaning libertarians. I think it's good to have allies on the other side of the fence so to speak. I think most people can find common ground on some subjects, even if they disagree with others. Reminds me of this article I read where an atheist chastised another atheist who didn't want to march in a separation of church and state protest with someone who didn't uphold all his liberal views.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:13:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

"More regulations on lawful gun owners "are overprescribed political placebos that fail to cure ... the root causes of violence," the gun club said in a position statement. Instead of "window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions," the group argued, government should back "mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."

The group also views monetary disincentives to gun ownership, such as ammunition taxes, as "class barriers" blocking the poor from exercising their constitutional rights."

Now, I'm not sure just what to make of that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

"More regulations on lawful gun owners "are overprescribed political placebos that fail to cure ... the root causes of violence," the gun club said in a position statement. Instead of "window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions," the group argued, government should back "mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."

The group also views monetary disincentives to gun ownership, such as ammunition taxes, as "class barriers" blocking the poor from exercising their constitutional rights."

They are tired of the vitriol of they stereo typical gun owner.  I get it.

ETA: By example:
Quoted:
And yet most, if not all, of those booger eating morons probably voted for BHO, displaying a raging misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:13:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

In light of this:

The East Bay Liberal Gun Club is made up of loyal gun owners who are NRA members -- and who buck the trend of NRA opposition to safety checks, wait periods and other laws to improve gun safety.

To me, that cancels out any of the positives mentioned in the prior quote.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:16:06 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

You can be a big time progressive and actually have very pro-second views.  In fact, it's pretty congruent.

Uncommon, but congruent.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:16:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

"More regulations on lawful gun owners "are overprescribed political placebos that fail to cure ... the root causes of violence," the gun club said in a position statement. Instead of "window-dressing 'solutions' like so-called 'assault weapons' bans and magazine capacity restrictions,"
the group argued, government should back "mitigation for violence prevention: stronger mental health care, addressing poverty, homelessness and unemployment."

View Quote

It means they're idiots who think a government program can actually make people be nice to each other and if only we "help the poor and homeless" they won't turn to violence.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:17:24 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yeah but… just because someone's views happen to be similar to yours on a single issue, that doesn't make them your "ally."

These people would hate me; would hate probably everyone on this site. No way they're going to vote like I do.

They may be all in favor of gun ownership, but they'll always vote for pols that aren't.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

What you should make of it is trying to make and keep as many RKBA allies as you can get.

Yeah but… just because someone's views happen to be similar to yours on a single issue, that doesn't make them your "ally."

These people would hate me; would hate probably everyone on this site. No way they're going to vote like I do.

They may be all in favor of gun ownership, but they'll always vote for pols that aren't.

That is not true. I get that here a lot, but it is completely untrue. To me the 2A is the second thing on my list of importance so as long as a candidate does not come out and say he would take gay rights from me - such as the right to marriage, then I would vote for him. I am only liberal when it comes to some of the social issues. But I range from Conservative to real Conservative (Tea Party) and even into Libertarian range on the rest of the issues. Oh, and I do not "hate" anyone here as I respect everyone's right to hold what ever views they want, despite some of the hate I have gotten here myself on occasion.

I am gonna check their website out a while too, but I like the diversity of views found here, but I am telling you not all of us in LGBT who love our guns and would support the 2A vehemently would sell-out over a single issue. That is just not true. And as the country as a whole continues to get more liberal due to the changing demographics, some of you fat, old, neck beards are gonna need us before this is all over.  Mark my words.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:17:25 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
They think BHO is mostly pro gun.  No shit.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

And yet most, if not all, of those booger eating morons probably voted for BHO, displaying a raging misunderstanding of the 2nd Amendment.

BHO has lost a LOT of support from these types in the last couple of years.  Pushing for gun control did not his position among them.

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#12]
That "Reactionary Politics" comment made me think "Wut !" Like Libs don't go for "Reactionary Politics"? That's funny right there! Well if it wasn't so twisted...
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:21:01 AM EDT
[#13]
I'm more curious about the actual selection of weapons shown in the house.

Are those magazines in the AK even legal in SF?  If not, it's extremely unwise to go holding a media interview with a stack of weapons of uncertain legality.  Yeah yeah, fuck CA and all of that, but OPSEC has its place as well.

What I find very intriguing is the mixture of firearms being shown.  The S&W 60 is the sort of gun I'd expect to see handled in that context, and that makes sense particularly for someone in CA, but the other long guns are quite interesting.  An AR set up as a DMR rifle.  An underfolding AK with 30rd mag.  An M1 Carbine with 15rd mag.  And a custom 700 in an Eliseo RTM Tactical Chassis, with a Nightforce 3.5-15 or 5.5-22 with ZeroStop.

That last rifle is not something that someone just happens to wander into a gun store and pick up off the shelf on a whim.  The total package cost on that system has to have been over $4k, and the chassis isn't a product that a normal gun store is going to have in stock.  I wonder whose weapons those really are, and if they do belong to the woman in the article, how many other guns she has that aren't shown in those photos.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:21:42 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Actually, they aren't too far off base, just not libertarian/Constitutionalist in thier objectives.

They ARE conceeding to social and cultural engineering, which considering it's Mexifornia and that sort of shit is genetic with those people, is to be expected.

Like the northeast, they are just too ignorant to know any better.

If anything, they sound a LOT like the Conservative statists, that we have an abundance of here.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Strange group of people.

From the article:

Actually, they aren't too far off base, just not libertarian/Constitutionalist in thier objectives.

They ARE conceeding to social and cultural engineering, which considering it's Mexifornia and that sort of shit is genetic with those people, is to be expected.

If anything, they sound a LOT like the Conservative statists, that we have an abundance of here.

Actually, they are more lefty-libertarians.

Money quote:

"I have really strong feelings about my distaste for the state having the monopoly on force - and about my distrust of the police," she said.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#15]
Interesting how many reject potential allies...

This is a mistake the (D)s don't make.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:23:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Can't disagree with much of that that.

We probably disagree on how to accomplish that "mitigation" bit, but the rest is solid. If they're converting more people to the 2ndA then that's a good thing.

e;f,b somehow.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

Can't disagree with much of that that.

We probably disagree on how to accomplish that "mitigation" bit, but the rest is solid. If they're converting more people to the 2ndA then that's a good thing.

e;f,b somehow.

qft
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:24:02 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Money quote:

"I have really strong feelings about my distaste for the state having the monopoly on force - and about my distrust of the police," she said.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

Money quote:

To be fair, I have heard a LOT .. and I mean LOT of people here who describe themselves Conservative state as much.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:25:11 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

True. That party is filled with people that if sat in a room together might start a war. It is the one remarkable thing they are capable of, but not necessarily surprising when you consider the emotional or lowest common denominator platform the party embraces.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Douchenozzle doesn't want to hear about the Kenyan Marxist but owns an M1 Carbine- funny.  Wonder if she knows he banned the re-importation of this very weapon?
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:29:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
BHO has lost a LOT of support from these types in the last couple of years.  Pushing for gun control did not his position among them.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clearly not enough to make a difference, since he got re-elected.  

I really think the 2014 election results will paint the complete picture and tell the real story.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:29:23 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

These people are so dense. Our class division right now isn't terrible, in most major cities all types of income level reside and interact with each other on a regular basis, think salt n' pepper. When we look at a place with actual class barriers such as many South American countries your either RICH or POOR and that is exactly what would play out here given enough time, salt AND pepper. The very people that suggest these stupid ideals would find themselves on the wrong side of the fence rather quickly as they are with obongocare "I didn't think I was paying?!"  they thought themselves to be the "little" guy. As much as I hate the FSA the constitution protects their rights the same as Warren Buffet and as history has shown us with the Roman Republic the "poor" are the first to go and we are all "poor".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

These people are so dense. Our class division right now isn't terrible, in most major cities all types of income level reside and interact with each other on a regular basis, think salt n' pepper. When we look at a place with actual class barriers such as many South American countries your either RICH or POOR and that is exactly what would play out here given enough time, salt AND pepper. The very people that suggest these stupid ideals would find themselves on the wrong side of the fence rather quickly as they are with obongocare "I didn't think I was paying?!"  they thought themselves to be the "little" guy. As much as I hate the FSA the constitution protects their rights the same as Warren Buffet and as history has shown us with the Roman Republic the "poor" are the first to go and we are all "poor".

Can you show me some evidence of these different classes living and working together here in America?

To pretend we don't have a separation of classes here is ridiculous..
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:31:57 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

ADDITIONAL SHOOTERS = WIN FOR US.

Whether they are ideologically "pure" is not relevant to whether
more moves us in the right direction
View Quote

By and large though, those libs have voted for people that want to squash ALL our rights like a bug.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:32:00 AM EDT
[#24]
We can either embrace these people....or push them away at our peril

I try to embrace ANYONE with an interest in firearms and RKBA thoughts
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"If I walk into a gun store with an Obama T-shirt - which I wouldn't wear, because he's too conservative - I don't fit,"

Somehow I think she'd be proud to wear a  Dzerzhinsky  "Cheka" T-shirt  in the style of Obama's Hope poster to the gun shop to get more 7.62 Nagant for white tiled basement work.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:36:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

lol

Or maybe they aren't one party voters? Put yourself into their shoes, and one politician hates you for owning guns, and the other hates you and considers you mentally defective for being queer. They have the option to vote for a politician that will allow them the freedom to express themselves, or the freedom to own guns. Who the heck do you want them do vote for? Demoncrats or the Republicants? Or throw away their vote for some other third party that will never see the light of day?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So they're into guns but won't actually support the cause because they're misinformed, and most likely vote for polititians that hate them.

lol

Or maybe they aren't one party voters? Put yourself into their shoes, and one politician hates you for owning guns, and the other hates you and considers you mentally defective for being queer. They have the option to vote for a politician that will allow them the freedom to express themselves, or the freedom to own guns. Who the heck do you want them do vote for? Demoncrats or the Republicants? Or throw away their vote for some other third party that will never see the light of day?

I am certain that they will vote for communists and democrats.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:41:22 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I can't argue with either of those statements.

I'm guessing we would disagree on how to address poverty, homelessness, and unemployment, though.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

I can't argue with either of those statements.

I'm guessing we would disagree on how to address poverty, homelessness, and unemployment, though.

Freedom comes in all shapes and sizes. We need all the help we can get.

I was surprised to see an AR-15 in the bunch. I thought she would be a no evil autos 2A supporter and would only support guns if they are revolvers or bolt actions.

They sound like 2A teammates.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:45:56 AM EDT
[#29]
I would never go shooting with these people but I don't see any support for law-abiding gun ownership as a bad thing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:50:10 AM EDT
[#30]
The problem with this type of liberal 2A advocacy is their acceptance of government oversight.

They don't want taxation and bans because they lose out on rights and "toys", but the irony is that they still trust government to regulate to a lesser degree. Otherwise, this stance is ignorant and naive at best. It's a glaring 2A-liberal inconsistency.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 9:51:07 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/25/50/11/5669469/3/628x471.jpg

Proper handling?  I have never ever had anyone show me to handle a firearm like that.
YUP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

http://ww2.hdnux.com/photos/25/50/11/5669469/3/628x471.jpg

East Bay chapter of the Liberal Gun Owners Association, president Marlene Hoebar points out the proper handling of a hand gun at her Oakland, Ca. home, on Saturday Nov. 16, 2013. The East Bay Liberal Gun Club is made up of loyal gun owners who are NRA members -- and who buck the trend of NRA opposition to safety checks, wait periods and other laws to improve gun safety. Photo: Michael Macor, The Chronicle

Proper handling?  I have never ever had anyone show me to handle a firearm like that.
Quoted:
They'll still vote for laws/politicians that are anti-gun.  

YUP.

meh I don't see a blatant violation of the four absolutes. Her fingers appear to be off the trigger and it appears to be pointed in a safe direction (from what is visible in the photo).
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:09:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Come on, that shit's funny:

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:26:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
We can either embrace these people....or push them away at our peril

I try to embrace ANYONE with an interest in firearms and RKBA thoughts
View Quote

I'm not embracing any gender-confused gun owner.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:31:04 AM EDT
[#34]
For every Marlene Hoeber, there are 1000 conservative American patriots.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:33:05 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

View Quote

True. That party is filled with people that if sat in a room together might start a war. It is the one remarkable thing they are capable of, but not necessarily surprising when you consider the emotional or lowest common denominator platform the party embraces.
View Quote

You guys are forgetting the big difference:

The Democrat party hands out favors to all these different groups for votes . . . Freebies and political power to those willing to give up everything "for the greater good".

Conservatism, or what I think of it as, hands NOTHING out and pats you on the back and says "good luck".
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#36]
Well, I guess liberals who like guns are a slight step up from liberals who hate them.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I bet they did not want to be photographed. Most of the photos are of the same woman-er man with mutilated genitals I assume
View Quote

I don't know.  Googling her name yielded a waist up picture of a nekkid woman, no more tits than a duck, but a bumper crop of axial hair.  I would not get drunk and kiss her.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:44:10 AM EDT
[#38]

Another did bring up a good point on Magazines,
View All Quotes

Another did bring up a good point on Magazines,
What Kelly and many sportsmen like him fail to realize (or so it seems) is that Miller '39 still stands. Military equipment that is not otherwise regulated by the NFA is firmly under the protection of the Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Magazines manufactured for military use are 100% covered as well. Any attempt to reduce that, without prior invalidation both the Dick Act and the Miller decision, is unconstitutional.

That's new for them.  IIRC the Liberal Gun Club wanted NICS checks and possibly registration for standard cap mags not so long ago.

Maybe the recent gun control push woke them up a little and they realized splitting the baby with gun grabbers leaves you with nothing eventually.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:49:05 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
So at least the article is admitting that NPR is rabidly leftist.
View Quote

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Of course, most consider NPR center left, with Pacfica being harder Left.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:50:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I have some common ground with these folks, oddly enough...

They seem to get it that government monopoly on force is a bad thing.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 10:53:33 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

They do not want to associate with you or I, thinking we spend our weekends dragging young black med students behind our pick up trucks, beating homosexuals out for a stroll with bats and generally picking our noses and reading nothing but comic books, and our mouths move when we do that.

View Quote

Sooo... Those med student draggers and gay bashers...  Where do you imagine they fall on the political spectrum?  The "legitimate rape" morons?  Are we thinking that Phelps and his asshole family are rocking Obama T-Shirts while they picket military funerals?  

And, yes, the FSA, gang bangers et al are likely on the left (if they vote at all).  Meanwhile, 88'ers are probably not Obama voters and nor are the winners in NC calling for gays to be gathered up in interment camps.

Turns out there are assholes and degenerates on both sides of politics.   When you decide that the behavior and view of those extremes dictate the basic humanity and decency of everyone on that side of the issue then there probably won't be a lot of associating.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:03:18 AM EDT
[#42]
Yep.............and I am wondering what kind of "allies" they would be

Quoted:

By and large though, those libs have voted for people that want to squash ALL our rights like a bug.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ADDITIONAL SHOOTERS = WIN FOR US.

Whether they are ideologically "pure" is not relevant to whether
more moves us in the right direction

Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:03:41 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

I can agree with a lot of that.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:11:09 AM EDT
[#44]
I think it would be interesting to spend a weekend there.  I may not totally fit in, but it'd be interesting to spar with them and see what common ground there was.  And we can all agree on how much fun blasting pop bottles is.

Quoted:
That "Reactionary Politics" comment made me think "Wut !" Like Libs don't go for "Reactionary Politics"? That's funny right there! Well if it wasn't so twisted...
View Quote

You might not know what "reactionary" means in this context.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:46:29 AM EDT
[#45]
There are some people on the NRA Board of Directors that I don't really care much for myself!
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:50:42 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

+1.  So, are they pro-gun or what?  If so, ok (or at least tolerable) in my book.  If not, fuck em.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 11:58:09 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
They do not want to associate with you or I, thinking we spend our weekends dragging young black med students behind our pick up trucks, beating homosexuals out for a stroll with bats and generally picking our noses and reading nothing but comic books, and our mouths move when we do that.
View Quote

In their defense I don't want to associate with a large part of the gun community either.
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:01:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Strange group of people.

From the article:

View Quote

Kinda right...sorta....maybe...........well....they're still avoiding personal responsibility but maybe they're part way there.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:06:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yep.............and I am wondering what kind of "allies" they would be
View Quote

My point was NOT one of politics, just numbers pure and simple.  My theory is that by and large the
countries where the RKBA has been crushed, that it was crushed because there were not enough
people who gave a shit.  More people who care about guns and shooting sports means more political
pressure to maintain protection of our rights.

In additional to that liberal gun rights supporters are more likely to sway the opinions of their peers.

They don't have to be our allies help support the cause.  
Link Posted: 1/2/2014 12:06:47 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

In their defense I don't want to associate with a large part of the gun community either.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top