BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:31:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
http://lesstroud.ca/news/survivorman-returns

At least he doesn't call for drinking his own piss in every episode.  

Hell Yeah! thanks for making my day man!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Could you expand on this?

Link

Edit: beat

Peoples minds will play tricks on them when they are alone and in the wilderness.

I wonder if he carries a firearm when he is out in the woods by himself?

I think he did in at least one episode.

There was the bear one and the one were he was with another guy simulating 'lost hunters'. Other than that, he never has since he limits the amount of tools he can have.

Anyway, I'm glad it's back as I've actually learned stuff from Survivorman.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:35:45 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Glad to read this.  He has stated in the past that the series is very hard on him physically - with repetitive serious weight loss, related illnesses he picks up in odd locales and the cumulative physical impact it has on his body and health.

I always thought that this would be a problem, which led me to believe that his show was fake, guess I was wrong.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:04:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
There was the bear one and the one were he was with another guy simulating 'lost hunters'. Other than that, he never has since he limits the amount of tools he can have.

Anyway, I'm glad it's back as I've actually learned stuff from Survivorman.

There's a third one:  He carried a .22 in the Labrador (stranded dog sledder) episode.  He modified the stock to carry extra ammunition and fire starting materials.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:05:56 AM EDT
[#6]
I like his show

Up to 10 days now.  He claimed 7 days took a toll on his body.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:25:03 AM EDT
[#7]
About time.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 7:58:49 AM EDT
[#8]
He's a little "circle-of-life"-ish for my tastes, but still (by far) the best show of its type on TV without a doubt.  I'll watch.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:41:07 AM EDT
[#9]
I think thats great I really enjoy the program
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Good show.  It was interesting to see how it would really work- make a plan, try to keep from starving and get out.  I did enjoy a couple shows of Bear jumping out of helicopters, eating raw salmon fresh from the river and jumping chasms but missed Survivorman.

You know a bunch of cameramen weren't following Les around.  It really made you think about some of those long shots where he had to go back and get the camera.

He makes you think about how you're going to get out of a situation after eating a handful of berries and grubs for a week.  Poor guy always seemed to get skunked trying to snare a rabbit or stab a fish with a pointy stick.  As someone else mentioned, Les also shows his failures, like getting soaked trying to make a raft or spending hours in the midnight sun trying to construct an igloo.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:11:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Oh look.

Another installment of "watch Les starve for 7 days while he moves cameras around for even better angles of him starving".

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:18:12 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Oh look.

Another installment of "watch Les starve for 7 days while he moves cameras around for even better angles of him starving".

10 days now almost 50% more starving!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:53:56 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:56:52 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:57:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Always prefered Les to Bear......

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 9:58:08 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Glad to read this.  He has stated in the past that the series is very hard on him physically - with repetitive serious weight loss, related illnesses he picks up in odd locales and the cumulative physical impact it has on his body and health.

I always thought that this would be a problem, which led me to believe that his show was fake, guess I was wrong.

I recall reading that his doctor ordered him to stop doing the show. It was really messing up his body.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:06:37 AM EDT
[#17]
Great show. The first three seasons are on Netflix.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:07:31 AM EDT
[#18]
This thread needs more Ray Mears.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:18:45 AM EDT
[#19]
My day has been made.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#20]

.uuuuuhhhhhh  he may know his stuff, but he definitely isn't starving.  You have to starve a bit and punish yourself to for me to like your show.  Looks like he has room for tea and crumpets in that backpack.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:23:42 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:24:56 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

.uuuuuhhhhhh  he may know his stuff, but he definitely isn't starving.  You have to starve a bit and punish yourself to for me to like your show.  Looks like he has room for tea and crumpets in that backpack.
I, on the other hand, can't trust a man that doesn't look like he enjoys a few pies.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:30:14 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:32:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Les is good for one simple reason when he makes a mistake he admits it and explains what he should have done differently.

I think he's better because he doesn't depend on BS and being a world class athlete to "survive".  Doing the shit BG does will get you killed.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:32:50 AM EDT
[#25]
woohoo!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:34:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Les ROCKS!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:37:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Les is a hippy.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:43:43 AM EDT
[#28]
I seriously looooooove boobies.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 10:54:53 AM EDT
[#29]
Awesome, Survivorman was my favorite survivor show until I saw Man Woman Wild on Netflix.

I liked the format of MWW better, was easier to watch with the family, and honestly they probably benefit more from the show than I would. Found it was easier to watch and stay interested also. Sometimes in the middle of a  Survivorman I just get bored and start doing something else and forget about the show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:00:03 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Don't know about that - if I'm going to be stuck out in the woods, I want someone along who obviously knows how to get food!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:04:14 AM EDT
[#31]
Les is more .

Look forward to it ........ hope it makes it to netflix fast , I dont have tv
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 11:37:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:02:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom irony, the ad in the original post is for the Bear Gryls knife at MidwayUSA.

What ads?  Oh wait, you haven't gotten a team membership yet.  

SIGH.  I've had Team Memberships for all but since October and my first year here.

When you're hurt, you're hurt.  When you cant work, you cant work.  And thus when you're broke, you're broke.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 1:07:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:04:59 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:16:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I seriously looooooove boobies.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arfcom irony, the ad in the original post is for the Bear Gryls knife at MidwayUSA.

SIGH.  I've had Team Memberships for all but since October and my first year here.

When you're hurt, you're hurt.  When you cant work, you cant work.  And thus when you're broke, you're broke.

And sometimes, just sometimes, Santa is real.  Log out and log back in.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#38]
This is good news
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:27:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Do we get to see him eat BG's liver this time?

I'd pay for that!
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:29:12 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm also excited about Les doing some more shows.

I will also say that Man Woman Wild got my wife watching and learning a few things along the way...

Besides...

What's not to like about a hansom redneck and a very hot Australian bickering for a few days in the woods...

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:31:24 PM EDT
[#41]
is it just me or does bear seem to be running down a hill 90% of the time?
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 2:49:16 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Survivorman has real substance, a trait that lacks in most shows today. I don't feel like I'm wasting my time watching it, even though I probably am!

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:01:36 PM EDT
[#43]
I like his shows.

He doesn't do stupid shit, he is conservative in what he does and he does it by himself with no film crew.

My favorite episode was his simulated plane crash in northern Canada,

He put his arm in a sling to simulate he had a broken arm. On day 3 he looked at the camera and said something like. " I am hungry, dehydrated and I am about to freeze to death. I am taking off this damn sling and using my arm or I may not make it out of here, to hell with a broken arm scenario."

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:15:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I appreciate you.  In the spirit of this thread, to celebrate, I better drink my own piss.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Looking forward to this....would also love to see a follow up to his Off The Grid show about moving to the middle of nowhere.

This is what interests me also.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:19:36 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks, I appreciate you.  In the spirit of this thread, to celebrate, I better drink my own piss.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Les is more.  
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:22:00 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
He's a little "circle-of-life"-ish for my tastes, but still (by far) the best show of its type on TV without a doubt.  I'll watch.

Yeah...the whole "I hate to kill anything, but" WHACK......WHACK,WHACK. "OK now to grill up this spotted owl. This will be a great meal".

lol

Still like the show and the guy

I always wondered whether he ever got fined by the local Fish and Game.  

I mean, sure, in a real "lost and starving" situation, I'm sure they'd give you a break, but he wanders off into the woods without food in order to make a TV show.
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:51:39 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I like his shows.

He doesn't do stupid shit, he is conservative in what he does and he does it by himself with no film crew.

My favorite episode was his simulated plane crash in northern Canada,

He put his arm in a sling to simulate he had a broken arm. On day 3 he looked at the camera and said something like. " I am hungry, dehydrated and I am about to freeze to death. I am taking off this damn sling and using my arm or I may not make it out of here, to hell with a broken arm scenario."

then he proceeded to turn a rabbit inside out for a mitten
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:15:50 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Awesome, Survivorman was my favorite survivor show until I saw Man Woman Wild on Netflix.

I liked the format of MWW better, was easier to watch with the family, and honestly they probably benefit more from the show than I would. Found it was easier to watch and stay interested also. Sometimes in the middle of a  Survivorman I just get bored and start doing something else and forget about the show.

New episode tonight.

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top