Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:21:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jealousy:  Thy name be Arfcom.

Why?

I'm sure you remember the last LeBron thread that allowed us to cut a nice batch of 88s from the site?

That was classy.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 5:23:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Jealousy:  Thy name be Arfcom.

Why?

I'm sure you remember the last LeBron thread that allowed us to cut a nice batch of 88s from the site?

That was classy.

Believe it or not, I don't.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Great Write Up from Yahoo Sports.

I’m a winner, King James proclaimed. So, there you go. That’s his reason for rushing out of the conference finals without so much as a nod to Dwight Howard(notes) and the Orlando Magic. That’s his reason for marching to the bus and letting the Cleveland Cavaliers’ spare parts take care of his responsibilities in the interview room.

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there’s one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King’s ring. Only, LeBron doesn’t have a ring. He’s never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his ass.

“It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that,” James said.

No, nothing like that. Yes, James cares so much that it isn’t possible to be gracious and humbled.

You know me, he told the reporters in Cleveland on Sunday. I’m a competitor. “If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them,” James said. “It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”

Here’s the question: Who has the guts to tell him that he sounds like an immature, self-absorbed brat?

Here’s the problem for the Cavaliers and James: No one.

It won’t be Cleveland Cavaliers ownership, front office and coaches. It won’t be the NBA. It won’t be Nike. And it sure won’t be those childhood sycophants who surround James and tell everyone what a brilliant businessman LeBron is because they can answer the phone when corporations call for a famous pitchman.

LeBron doesn’t want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner’s hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan’s hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”

Within the Cavs, someone needed to tell James that he embarrassed himself and the franchise, but that won’t happen. They’re too scared of him. Most league executives with knowledge of Cleveland’s operation believe it’s far more of an ownership issue, than basketball operations.

If general manager Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown privately disdain the ridiculous posing for pictures that James started with his teammates on a 13-game winning streak, the owner is believed to see the foolishness as a marketing dream.

Someone should’ve told James that the pregame Polaroid act was belittling and beneath a championship contender, but it never happened.

All season, the Cavaliers acted too entitled, too arrogant for a team that’s won nothing. They ran out demanding that Mo Williams(notes) be made an All-Star, when the truth bore itself out in the playoffs: Cleveland has one All-Star. Nevertheless, Williams still embarrassed the Cavs with foolish proclamations and guarantees his middling talent couldn’t deliver.

“If you believe in karma with that nonsense,” one Western Conference executive said, “then Cleveland got what was coming to them.”

The Cavaliers are terrified of James. When you’re around them, it’s sometimes embarrassing to watch the way they tip-toe and grovel with him. In their defense, that’s how James wants it. As a childhood prodigy, that’s all LeBron’s ever known. The Cavs are at his mercy until he becomes a free agent in July of 2010, and that isn’t going to change. There’s no chance that he signs an extension this summer, because that would be the end of the drama, the intrigue and LeBron James(notes) isn’t letting that go away.

Now, Ferry goes back to the phones and starts work on surrounding James with championship talent. Cleveland is sure to revisit the Shaquille O’Neal(notes) talks with the Phoenix Suns, and James and his associates will send out word that, hey, we’ll go to New York unless the Cavs deliver him his title. Well, they’ve reached the NBA Finals and had the best record in the NBA within the past three seasons, so they must have surrounded James with something that works there.

Nevertheless, James distanced himself in losing again, after a season in which he sold himself as all for one, and one for all. James had been an MVP until the very final moments of the basketball season, and then, he embarrassed himself and acted like a petulant kid. In a world where everyone in his life is too fearful or too dependent, LeBron James goes into the summer believing his own nonsense that he walked out of this season a winner.

As usual, there’s no one to tell him.

Except maybe now, Kobe’s puppet.

Hell yeah, great read-up. I highlighted the stuff I really liked in red.

Kobe may not be the most likable guy in the NBA. He is kind of a shy person and doesn't have a big outgoing/funny personality that the media adores in Lebron. But he is definitely better than LeBron, better closer, better shooter and better leader. And he actually has class where all the times he lost in the NBA finals or in the playoffs, he always shook the hands of the other team.

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Great Write Up from Yahoo Sports.

I’m a winner, King James proclaimed. So, there you go. That’s his reason for rushing out of the conference finals without so much as a nod to Dwight Howard(notes) and the Orlando Magic. That’s his reason for marching to the bus and letting the Cleveland Cavaliers’ spare parts take care of his responsibilities in the interview room.

Funny, but James stayed on the court to make sure the Detroit Pistons and Atlanta Hawks paid respect to him. As it turns out, there’s one thing allowed to happen at the end of a playoff series: Everyone bows down and kisses the King’s ring. Only, LeBron doesn’t have a ring. He’s never won a game in the NBA Finals.

So, yes, maybe they just have to kiss his ass.

“It’s not being a poor sport or anything like that,” James said.

No, nothing like that. Yes, James cares so much that it isn’t possible to be gracious and humbled.

You know me, he told the reporters in Cleveland on Sunday. I’m a competitor. “If somebody beats you up, you’re not going to congratulate them,” James said. “It doesn’t make sense for me to go over and shake somebody’s hand.”

Here’s the question: Who has the guts to tell him that he sounds like an immature, self-absorbed brat?

Here’s the problem for the Cavaliers and James: No one.

It won’t be Cleveland Cavaliers ownership, front office and coaches. It won’t be the NBA. It won’t be Nike. And it sure won’t be those childhood sycophants who surround James and tell everyone what a brilliant businessman LeBron is because they can answer the phone when corporations call for a famous pitchman.

LeBron doesn’t want to win more than Michael Jordan did, but Jordan could stop and shake a winner’s hand. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird could, too. Julius Erving did. Kobe Bryant(notes). Isiah Thomas led a walkout after losing to the Chicago Bulls after winning two NBA titles, but Joe Dumars never followed him. He stayed and shook Jordan’s hand, the way Jordan had always shook his when the Pistons had beaten him.

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”

Within the Cavs, someone needed to tell James that he embarrassed himself and the franchise, but that won’t happen. They’re too scared of him. Most league executives with knowledge of Cleveland’s operation believe it’s far more of an ownership issue, than basketball operations.

If general manager Danny Ferry and coach Mike Brown privately disdain the ridiculous posing for pictures that James started with his teammates on a 13-game winning streak, the owner is believed to see the foolishness as a marketing dream.

Someone should’ve told James that the pregame Polaroid act was belittling and beneath a championship contender, but it never happened.

All season, the Cavaliers acted too entitled, too arrogant for a team that’s won nothing. They ran out demanding that Mo Williams(notes) be made an All-Star, when the truth bore itself out in the playoffs: Cleveland has one All-Star. Nevertheless, Williams still embarrassed the Cavs with foolish proclamations and guarantees his middling talent couldn’t deliver.

“If you believe in karma with that nonsense,” one Western Conference executive said, “then Cleveland got what was coming to them.”

The Cavaliers are terrified of James. When you’re around them, it’s sometimes embarrassing to watch the way they tip-toe and grovel with him. In their defense, that’s how James wants it. As a childhood prodigy, that’s all LeBron’s ever known. The Cavs are at his mercy until he becomes a free agent in July of 2010, and that isn’t going to change. There’s no chance that he signs an extension this summer, because that would be the end of the drama, the intrigue and LeBron James(notes) isn’t letting that go away.

Now, Ferry goes back to the phones and starts work on surrounding James with championship talent. Cleveland is sure to revisit the Shaquille O’Neal(notes) talks with the Phoenix Suns, and James and his associates will send out word that, hey, we’ll go to New York unless the Cavs deliver him his title. Well, they’ve reached the NBA Finals and had the best record in the NBA within the past three seasons, so they must have surrounded James with something that works there.

Nevertheless, James distanced himself in losing again, after a season in which he sold himself as all for one, and one for all. James had been an MVP until the very final moments of the basketball season, and then, he embarrassed himself and acted like a petulant kid. In a world where everyone in his life is too fearful or too dependent, LeBron James goes into the summer believing his own nonsense that he walked out of this season a winner.

As usual, there’s no one to tell him.

Except maybe now, Kobe’s puppet.

Hell yeah, great read-up. I highlighted the stuff I really liked in red.

Kobe may not be the most likable guy in the NBA. He is kind of a shy person and doesn't have a big outgoing/funny personality that the media adores in Lebron. But he is definitely better than LeBron, better closer, better shooter and better leader. And he actually has class where all the times he lost in the NBA finals or in the playoffs, he always shook the hands of the other team.

Yeah I agree with this.

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 6:20:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

http://i43.tinypic.com/2nbhzc9.jpg

LeBrick going fishin'

haha. awesome picture

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:52:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah it's going to be real hard to match Jordan.  He is the man.  He was clutch and he passed the ball.  

Do you actually watch basketball?

Jay

Yeah I do.  I'm not the only one on here that thinks he is a cluster fuck of fail either.  He hasn't won a ring yet.  They pretty much had their way all season.  They got smoked by the Spurs in 2007.  Individual play only goes so far.

Jordan career APG: 5.3  James career APG: 6.7
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:53:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Not really into football.
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 9:57:08 PM EDT
[#8]
fuck Le Bron
Link Posted: 6/1/2009 10:52:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yeah it's going to be real hard to match Jordan.  He is the man.  He was clutch and he passed the ball.  

Jay

Yeah I do.  I'm not the only one on here that thinks he is a cluster fuck of fail either.  He hasn't won a ring yet.  They pretty much had their way all season.  They got smoked by the Spurs in 2007.  Individual play only goes so far.

Michael Jordan:
1 NCAA Championship
6 time NBA Champion
6 time NBA Finals MVP

When James can actually even win a game in the finals you can come back and throw that stat out. Remember that is over Jordan's whole career.  Jordan's first 6 years he averaged 6 APG. Not that far off from king baby.  Thats not even an assist more than James.  Turn overs are the same for both.  You wanna talk about defense because James and Jordan aren't even in the same conversation.  Your stat is worthless.  Let's also not forget Jordan spent most of his career in Chicago.  Baby James is probably on his way out in 2010.  Win or get paid.  I'm gonna say get paid.  Jordan was a winner.  James just chokes.  They were the best team this year.  They needed him what did they get in game 6?  8-20 from the field.  CHOKE.

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 11:27:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay

Michael Jordan:
1 NCAA Championship
6 time NBA Champion
6 time NBA Finals MVP

None of which have anything to do with me countering your retarded statement.

When James can actually even win a game in the finals you can come back and throw that stat out.

Huh?  You said MJ passed and James doesn't.  Not sure what the Finals have to do with that.

Remember that is over Jordan's whole career.  Jordan's first 6 years he averaged 6 APG. Not that far off from king baby.  Thats not even an assist more than James.

6.7 > 5.3

Turn overs are the same for both.

I never said anything about TO, nor did your post that I quoted.

You wanna talk about defense

No, and I didn't.

because James and Jordan aren't even in the same conversation.

I never said they were.
Your stat is worthless.

Actually, at disproving your statement, I would say that it's priceless.

Let's also not forget Jordan spent most of his career in Chicago.  Baby James is probably on his way out in 2010.

???

Win or get paid.  I'm gonna say get paid.

Yes, MJ was such an altruist that he PAID to play the game.  What a guy.

Jordan was a winner.

Not until he got a decent supporting cast.  Without LeBron, Cleveland is a 25 win team.

James just chokes.

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan

They were the best team this year.

In the East, in the regular season.  Cleveland's loss to Orlando had more to do with shoddy interior defense and their reliance on one player than it did on the one player they relied upon.  Comments like this are why I asked if you actually watch basketball, because they show a serious lack of understanding of the game.

They needed him what did they get in game 6?  8-20 from the field.  CHOKE.

Jordan was a mere mortal who turned in sub-par performances too, I'm too fucking lazy to go through game logs or I would find some for you.

Your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are an abortion.  You're arguing things that aren't even there.  Just stop.

Jay

Link Posted: 6/1/2009 11:34:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay

Michael Jordan:
1 NCAA Championship
6 time NBA Champion
6 time NBA Finals MVP

When James can actually even win a game in the finals you can come back and throw that stat out. Remember that is over Jordan's whole career.  Jordan's first 6 years he averaged 6 APG. Not that far off from king baby.  Thats not even an assist more than James.  Turn overs are the same for both.  You wanna talk about defense because James and Jordan aren't even in the same conversation.  Your stat is worthless.  Let's also not forget Jordan spent most of his career in Chicago.  Baby James is probably on his way out in 2010.  Win or get paid.  I'm gonna say get paid.  Jordan was a winner.  James just chokes.  They were the best team this year.  They needed him what did they get in game 6?  8-20 from the field.  CHOKE.

2 Olympic Golds (undefeated) '84 & '92
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:13:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Here's how a class act handles this situation:

“M.J. had stopped, shook my hand and hugged me three straight years that we had beaten them in the playoffs,” Joe Dumars once told me. “There was no way I walking off the court without shaking the Bulls’ hands.”

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:21:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
To me, LeBron is the Sidney Crosby of the NBA.

I'm sick of all these sports leagues trying to ram these marketable 'stars' down our throats.  Danica Patrick, Dale Jr, LeBron, Sid the Kid, Lewis Hamilton.  

If they're good, they'll win.  Until then, just play the games.

Buddy, I don't mind if you're sick of this, but I'll be my own judge about having Danica Patrick's hot body being rammed down my throat.  Dang you, man!  Dang you to heck!
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 3:31:59 AM EDT
[#14]
The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs. It's nothing like what it was when Jordan was still playing. I don't even bother to watch it or support it anymore. Professional basketball could shut down for all I care.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:44:58 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jay

Michael Jordan:
1 NCAA Championship
6 time NBA Champion
6 time NBA Finals MVP

None of which have anything to do with me countering your retarded statement.

When James can actually even win a game in the finals you can come back and throw that stat out.

Huh?  You said MJ passed and James doesn't.  Not sure what the Finals have to do with that.

Remember that is over Jordan's whole career.  Jordan's first 6 years he averaged 6 APG. Not that far off from king baby.  Thats not even an assist more than James.

6.7 > 5.3

Turn overs are the same for both.

I never said anything about TO, nor did your post that I quoted.

You wanna talk about defense

No, and I didn't.

because James and Jordan aren't even in the same conversation.

I never said they were.
Your stat is worthless.

Actually, at disproving your statement, I would say that it's priceless.

Let's also not forget Jordan spent most of his career in Chicago.  Baby James is probably on his way out in 2010.

???

Win or get paid.  I'm gonna say get paid.

Yes, MJ was such an altruist that he PAID to play the game.  What a guy.

Jordan was a winner.

Not until he got a decent supporting cast.  Without LeBron, Cleveland is a 25 win team.

James just chokes.

“I've missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I've lost almost 300 games. 26 times, I've been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I've failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” - Michael Jordan

They were the best team this year.

In the East, in the regular season.  Cleveland's loss to Orlando had more to do with shoddy interior defense and their reliance on one player than it did on the one player they relied upon.  Comments like this are why I asked if you actually watch basketball, because they show a serious lack of understanding of the game.

They needed him what did they get in game 6?  8-20 from the field.  CHOKE.

Jordan was a mere mortal who turned in sub-par performances too, I'm too fucking lazy to go through game logs or I would find some for you.

Your reading comprehension and critical thinking skills are an abortion.  You're arguing things that aren't even there.  Just stop.

Jay

You hear that sound LeBron is crying on the bus.

You don't get it and never will.  You can say what you want about me.....it's the internet I don't care.  Your argument is pretty lame too.  Your justifying some over grown baby that couldn't even shake hands with the opposing team.  When it's good though he sticks around and takes it all in.  I think your NBA career is defined by how many titles you won.  James will never be on the same level as Jordan.  You should hang it up and quit defending the worthless piece of shit for what he did Saturday night.  He won't win if he treats his team like that.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:47:47 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
The NBA is nothing but a bunch of thugs. It's nothing like what it was when Jordan was still playing. I don't even bother to watch it or support it anymore. Professional basketball could shut down for all I care.

+1
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 5:49:57 AM EDT
[#17]
Please, Lebron isn't as asshole. I'd be pissed too if I had to single-handedly try to beat every team I played. He was frustrated, and I would be too. His supporting cast might make the team on a high school junior varsity squad.

I mean shit, anybody check the numbers he put up in the playoffs? He's a one-man team and the best player in the league by far.

He needs to get out of cleveland.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:06:49 AM EDT
[#18]
It's amusing to read some of these comments.

While I don't agree with walking off and not shaking the other teams hand, it does happen.  

When you are a competitive athlete, you play to win.  And sometimes your emotions will get the best of you.  

When I was a senior in high school we lost the District Tournament for the first time in 20 years.  After the game we shook hands...even though the only thing I wanted to do was get on the bus and leave (and beat the crap out of the Sophmores and Juniors that were cutting up and could care less about the loss).  

Emotions get to you when you are like that.  LeBron is competitive and wants to win.  He's a great player and with some key players to help him out, he would lead a team to numerous championships as well.  It's just going to take time.

*ETA

And you guys making Kobe out to be a saint is funny...

Kobe has been around longer and knows how to act to avoid negative media like this...until he pulls some cheap shot elbows and tries to act all innocent.  I'd rather be criticized for walking off the court after a game than playing dirty.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:12:49 AM EDT
[#19]
They have to market Lebron James as a superstar, he's makes up 90% of Cleveland's economy....
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:12:54 AM EDT
[#20]
More on LeBron's Snub.  Being compared to Isiah Thomas is never a good thing.  

There's context to everything . . . even the decidedly unsportsmanlike act of walking off the court at the end of a crushing defeat without shaking your opponent's hand. That, in and of itself, is inexcusable.

But LeBron James, over the past five years, has made hundreds of decisions and utterances that play out in public. It happens a half-dozen times every day of his life, at arenas, and charity events and hospitals, representing the United States or the Cleveland Cavaliers or Nike or any of a dozen different corporate sponsors; he has to say something appropriate or greet someone in an awkward situation or act as the team leader and primary decision maker. And 99.9 percent of the time he does exactly the right thing. If we're keeping count on the behavior scoreboard, its LeBron James Gets It Right 299, LeBron Goofs 1. That's the ledger.

Overwhelmingly, the kid just gets it, that his responsibility to the NBA and professional basketball in general is too great to snub his opponent and not explain himself just because he suffered a painful defeat. Actually, you find out the true measure of an athlete's character after just the kind of loss Orlando hung on the Cavaliers last week. So this, relatively speaking, is a pretty big goof. The cameras are rolling when you're celebrated night after night as being the king of an entire region, so it's only fair that the cameras are rolling, too, when you walk off the court without congratulating Dwight Howard and his teammates for a job well done.

E-mailing the Magic later, as LeBron did, isn't good enough. And you don't just get to use the media to get across your message, then bail when it's tough. Explaining yourself to what is pretty much an adoring public isn't good enough when it's a day late. Finally, on Sunday, LeBron said: "It's hard for me to congratulate someone after you lose to them. I'm a winner. It's not being a poor sport or anything like that. But somebody beats you up, you're not going to congratulate them on beating you up. That doesn't make sense."

Oh, but it does make sense. And you're not actually a winner, no matter how many points you score or commercial endorsements you pile up, until you understand that.

These are the kinds of lessons that aren't learned in AAU ball, where the star is simply catered to, but college, where the coach has the position and the authority to say, "Son, go back out there and shake their hands or you'll get splinters in your butt for the next five games." LeBron, who came to the NBA straight out of high school, didn't get that. If Kobe Bryant had walked off the court without shaking hands, two straight years in the conference finals, no less, he'd have been taken apart in the court of public opinion.

Still, I'm reluctant, like most people, to be too rough on LeBron simply for the reason that he's been so consistently appropriate and well-reasoned. He's been everything you could want a star player to be in the NBA. I've had several conversations with him over the course of the 2008-09 season, one of them here in Washington, lengthy and wide-ranging, and it's not just that he's engaging, which he is. But he's thoughtful. He's taken the time, unlike a lot of famous players, to thoroughly examine the history of the league before he arrived in it.

And because he has, I'm hoping that Magic Johnson or Charles Barkley or Michael Jordan or Larry Bird, any one of the iconic players LeBron looks up to, will call him over the next week and very privately say: "You can't do that again. There's no excuse. You lose, you shake hands, you own up, you do it graciously. And if you don't want to handle it that way, there's one way to avoid it: Don't lose."

Somebody should remind LeBron that Isiah Thomas has been stained for nearly 20 years for leaving the court early and not congratulating the Chicago Bulls after they swept his Pistons for the Eastern Conference championship in Detroit. Thomas wasn't the only one who left the court in such a classless way –– Bill Laimbeer, as I recall, led the parade –– but Thomas was the most famous one, though only a fraction as celebrated as LeBron is now. It's something, great as Thomas was as a player, that he has never really outrun, though he has expressed regret over it many times.

If boxers, after getting pummeled by an opponent, can get off the canvas and shake a man's hand, then so can a basketball player, no matter how famous. James, like so many others before him, is going to have to grow accustomed to crushing losses. Only the great Bill Russell, for the most part, avoided them. Wilt lost, Kareem lost, Magic and Bird lost, Jordan lost. But as far as I know, they maintained a level of sportsmanship that isn't optional.

The NBA has been in good hands the last couple of seasons with LeBron, young as he is (24), sharing the responsibility of leadership with Kobe Bryant. And from the way LeBron has conducted himself day-in, day-out, I suspect he'll find a way to make amends for what he didn't do Saturday night in Orlando, which begins with understanding why he was wrong not to shake hands and can never let it happen again. It might take a great player to lead his team to the NBA Finals, which LeBron has already done once. But it takes a responsible leader to consistently play at the championship level. And LeBron James has to know, from this point forward, it's hard to do one without being the other.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 6:46:46 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The players in all of the sports make more and more money just to do shit like this.  

Damn capitalism is fucking up professional sports, too.   The sooner we socialize sports, the better...get those outrageous salaries under control.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I wouldn't consider him a baby for acting like this, one time... If I were him, I would've been numb losing the series... The guy is a beast on the court, but he's got to mature a bit more...
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:19:40 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

You hear that sound LeBron is crying on the bus.

You don't get it and never will.  You can say what you want about me.....it's the internet I don't care.  Your argument is pretty lame too.  Your justifying some over grown baby that couldn't even shake hands with the opposing team.  When it's good though he sticks around and takes it all in.  I think your NBA career is defined by how many titles you won.  James will never be on the same level as Jordan.  You should hang it up and quit defending the worthless piece of shit for what he did Saturday night.  He won't win if he treats his team like that.

You said MJ passed and LeBron didn't.  I found a statistic that disproved what you said.  You went off on some wild tangent that had nothing to do with anything previously stated by either one of us.

What part of that is difficult to comprehend?

I never compared LeBron to MJ, you did that.

Jay
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:23:00 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I think your NBA career is defined by how many titles you won.

What?   So a player that is fortunate enough to be on a team that is willing to spend money to acquire a good supporting cast is better?  That is a foolish argument.

So Horace Grant is a better power forward than Karl Malone?

Jay
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:28:45 AM EDT
[#25]
Is it football season yet?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#26]
Don't watch basketball anymore the league officiating is the worst I've seen in any sport...
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 8:55:46 AM EDT
[#27]
I neither watch nor really understand the game (or its appeal to players or fans), but a man (boy, almost, IIRC) his age making what he makes, including zillions to wear a particular brand of sunglasses/socks/watchbands or whatever would have to be a living saint not to act like an ass. Then factor in seeing uncountable children and uncounted grown men dressing up in your work clothes because you're just so damned cool. Then add the customary (as I understand it) posse of shameless sychophants and groupies, and you are very unlikely to end up with anybody a civilized human would have over for a backyard cookout.

Didn't he leave High School and start making big money in the NBA before he was even 18?
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:13:47 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think your NBA career is defined by how many titles you won.

What?   So a player that is fortunate enough to be on a team that is willing to spend money to acquire a good supporting cast is better?  That is a foolish argument.

So Horace Grant is a better power forward than Karl Malone?

Jay

Look at Dan Marino. Probably one of the GREATEST QB's of all time, yet whenever people talk about greatest QB's of all time they rarely mention his name. Why? Because he never won a ring. Even if he was just as talented as a guy whose team won many championships. You just don't get as much respect if you haven't won anything than if you did.

And LeBron may be the BEST in the NBA in his position and for his style of play (Not the same as Kobe), but he is not the best overall player in the NBA. Not when the Lakers played against the Cavs twice this year and Kobe and Lebron guarded each other, and Kobe got better numbers those nights than LeBron AND the Lakers won. It was sweet seeing LeBron doing everything he could to guard Kobe, with his hands all up in his face, and Kobe was knocking down threes. LeBron would not be hitting those shots if he was guarding like Kobe gets guarded, but Kobe still hits those shots, even being double and triple teamed.

Link Posted: 6/2/2009 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#29]
Jordan hadn't won any championships at age 24, either.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 11:16:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Much to learn that padawan does. I doubt he'll do it again, even if it's only to help keep his image marketable.
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 2:38:04 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
The players in all of the sports make more and more money just to do shit like this.  

Damn capitalism is fucking up professional sports, too.   The sooner we socialize sports, the better...get those outrageous salaries under control.

Capitalism is certainly biting LeBron in the ass.  Nike and the rest of his Big $$$ sponsors are not amused by the bad press he/they are getting over this.

The Free Market is a two edged sword.  You take someone's $$$ to endorse their product and they damn well have a right to expect certain standards of behavior from you.

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 7:10:12 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm sick of all these sports leagues trying to ram these marketable 'stars' down our throats.  Danica Patrick, Dale Jr, LeBron, Sid the Kid, Lewis Hamilton.  

+1

I cant stand it when the pro sports leagues try to ram that shit down our throats

And Kobe is the BETTER basketball player and has WAY more class than LeBron. When Kobe lost the finals to the Pistons and Celtics, he congratulated the other team.

Piece of shit LeBron is all to happy to receiver hand shakes and be in front of the media when he wins. But it's different when he loses.

You have got to joking? You don't know squat about either one of these players personally or you just don't  know sqaut. I think the later from your posts.

They have to make him a superstar?? What are you talking about ? Do you know anything about basketball?
What did M.J. do with a basketball in High school??? Nothing
What did Lebron do.... Anything he wanted against anybody. Anybody. Lebron knew how to run a team and how to get them involved also. Now like high school, he can do anything on the court.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 10:11:40 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1
I cant stand it when the pro sports leagues try to ram that shit down our throats
And Kobe is the BETTER basketball player and has WAY more class than LeBron. When Kobe lost the finals to the Pistons and Celtics, he congratulated the other team.
Piece of shit LeBron is all to happy to receiver hand shakes and be in front of the media when he wins. But it's different when he loses.

You have got to joking? You don't know squat about either one of these players personally or you just don't  know sqaut. I think the later from your posts.
They have to make him a superstar?? What are you talking about ? Do you know anything about basketball?

What did Lebron do.... Anything he wanted against anybody. Anybody. Lebron knew how to run a team and how to get them involved also. Now like high school, he can do anything on the court.

Bullshit, you don't know squat about what you're talking about. The best way to gauge the two is when they play against each other. Well that happened TWICE this year. Kobe and LeBron guarded each other. Kobe got BETTER numbers than LeBron did, and halted a 27 game winning streak in the Cavs. I remember a few times where LeChoke's hands were ALL UP in Kobe's face, and he still was hitting 3's on LeBron, and when Kobe was guarding just as well, LeJoke was hitting bricks.

You are clearly a homer, who just because LeBron plays for your team, you think his shit don't stink.

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 10:21:40 AM EDT
[#34]
Not just this year. I remember Kobe schooling Lebron every time they have been matched up against each other.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 10:33:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Except hit 4th quarter free throws and jump shots...

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 2:08:09 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Bullshit, you don't know squat about what you're talking about. The best way to gauge the two is when they play against each other. Well that happened TWICE this year. Kobe and LeBron guarded each other. Kobe got BETTER numbers than LeBron did, and halted a 27 game winning streak in the Cavs. I remember a few times where LeChoke's hands were ALL UP in Kobe's face, and he still was hitting 3's on LeBron, and when Kobe was guarding just as well, LeJoke was hitting bricks.

You are clearly a homer, who just because LeBron plays for your team, you think his shit don't stink.

Ding, ding, ding!  Winner.  

Kobe OWNS LeBron when they match up.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:00:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As of Feb. 8th:  http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2009/01/lebron_holds_career_edge_over.html

Jay
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:20:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

As of Feb. 8th:  http://www.cleveland.com/datacentral/index.ssf/2009/01/lebron_holds_career_edge_over.html

Jay

I guess they should just put him in the Hall of Fame right now.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, Le Bron James is the sports equivalent of Obama in the area of narcissism. The guy has NO class and it shows.

Even Kobe, who I dislike immensely, looks like Cal Ripken in comparison to Queen James.

Plus, Kobe is a winner.  A prima donna about it, but he has 5 Finals appearances and 3 Rings.

LeBron has only been to one Final and got BROOMED out by some real Champions.

If winning is SO IMPORTANT to these guys, why don't they help their teams out by taking less salary so their teams can afford better complementary players?

That's what the Red Wings do...

You can't be serious?  He has NO supporting cast and won 62 games.  Replace Kobe with Lebron on the Lakers and he does everything Kobe does and more.  The Lakers fifth best player would be the second best player on the Cavs.
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:25:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

They do win......................kiddin
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:30:00 PM EDT
[#41]
That's like saying Terell Davis was a better running back than Barry Sanders because he won a Superbowl.

Terrell was the better player because he won the Superbowl

Don't win a Superbowl? YOU SUCK
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:44:34 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Jay

Wow that was the king of all strawmen right there...
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:55:46 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

Jay

Wow that was the king of all strawmen right there...

Well if he is so good on paper why isn't he playing the Lakers?  It was their year to win it all.

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 6:58:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1, Le Bron James is the sports equivalent of Obama in the area of narcissism. The guy has NO class and it shows.

Even Kobe, who I dislike immensely, looks like Cal Ripken in comparison to Queen James.

Plus, Kobe is a winner.  A prima donna about it, but he has 5 Finals appearances and 3 Rings.

If winning is SO IMPORTANT to these guys, why don't they help their teams out by taking less salary so their teams can afford better complementary players?

You can't be serious?  He has NO supporting cast and won 62 games.  Replace Kobe with Lebron on the Lakers and he does everything Kobe does and more.  The Lakers fifth best player would be the second best player on the Cavs.

No, he doesn't do 'everything Kobe does and more'.  LeBron doesn't 1) Defend as well as Kobe (Kobe defended Carmelo Anthony in the Western Conference Finals this year),  2) Hit big shots (especially threes) and 3) Shoot Free Throws as well as Kobe does.

Kobe is still the better all-around player.

Link Posted: 6/3/2009 7:34:01 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

+1000 - Well stated.  Stop telling me Lewis might be better than Schumacher.  Or Dale, Jr. is like the Old Man.  Bullshit, they have proven nothing.  Let them do it.  Or not.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 6:58:31 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

+1000 - Well stated.  Stop telling me Lewis might be better than Schumacher.  Or Dale, Jr. is like the Old Man.  Bullshit, they have proven nothing.  Let them do it.  Or not.

Lewis isn't exactly living the dream anymore, now that he can't ride the wave of Alonso's development work (and Ferrari's tech data ).

And how many fucking Crew Chiefs/Team Managers is Dale Jr going to go through before people figure out that he's a mid-pack Driver?

Don't even get me started on Danica.  
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 10:38:51 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like I said though, the only people in the country you talk to about sports. It's only the Ohio homers that say they would rather have LeBron with the ball with only a few seconds left on the clock. Virtually everyone else in the country says they would want Kobe to have the ball. And again, you won't see LeBron making any of the shots that Kobe makes, when Kobe is being double and triple teamed. Kobe could easily get 40 points a night if he wanted, but he has a good team that can carry alot of the load.
LeBron plows to the rim, dunks or shoots the ball. It's funny because jumpers seem to not really work for Lebron, where as Kobe, he can shoot from anywhere and anyway and it still goes in. LeBron doesn't have the skill that Kobe has. Kobe is extremely skillful and plays with finesse. Where he jukes players, pump fakes and such. Hits 3s and jumpers all the time. LeBron just goes to the rim, makes a dunk and gets fouled. He doesn't even make alot of his freethrows.
The only thing I can say is that Lebron will be the best in the NBA when Kobe retires. But even that is questionable. If Dwight Howard can reach his potential where he can hit free throws in the 90 percentile, he could become the most dominant player in the NBA. He could be become the best in the NBA instead of LeBron when Kobe leaves.

On a side note, I agree with you all on Dale Jr. I'm suck of all the cock sucking he gets from the fans because he is Dale's son. The kid gets the best crews on the planet and still can't even win. These people need to LET IT GO. Stop living the dream that Dale Jr will live up to be as great as his dad. He is not close to being as great of a driver as his dad was. He is an average driver at best, he is lucky to be Dale Sr's son, because he if wasn't he wouldn't be racing in NASCAR.

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 10:47:56 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lewis isn't exactly living the dream anymore, now that he can't ride the wave of Alonso's development work (and Ferrari's tech data ).

And how many fucking Crew Chiefs/Team Managers is Dale Jr going to go through before people figure out that he's a mid-pack Driver?

Don't even get me started on Danica.  

[Racing hijack]
I have an Autoweek magazine that came out before the season that has Lewis on the cover with the caption "DOES ANYONE ELSE EVEN HAVE A PRAYER?"  haha!  I had a feeling the McLarens would be weak this year for the reason you mentioned, but I certainly would not have thought that Jenson would have a stranglehold on F1.  This season really strengthens the "It's 99% the car" argument.

I was a huge Dale Earnhardt, Sr. fan.  I pulled for Dale, Jr. because he is his son.  But honestly, I have always secretly felt he has 5th to 10th place talent.

Danica is a joke.  A cute joke, but a joke.  OW racing is dead in America, IMHO.  Too bad.
[/Racing hijack]
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 10:51:17 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Evidently you know squat crap about hockey.  Crosby has never ducked the media or the fans, win or lose.  He has never failed to shake hands with an opposing team in the playoffs after a series ends, win or lose.

I know you're in rabid Pittsburgh-hating mood after they crapped on your precious Wings Tuesday night, but suck it up and try to keep your ANALogies straight.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 11:05:56 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like I said though, the only people in the country you talk to about sports. It's only the Ohio homers that say they would rather have LeBron with the ball with only a few seconds left on the clock. Virtually everyone else in the country says they would want Kobe to have the ball. And again, you won't see LeBron making any of the shots that Kobe makes, when Kobe is being double and triple teamed. Kobe could easily get 40 points a night if he wanted, but he has a good team that can carry alot of the load.

LeBron plows to the rim, dunks or shoots the ball. It's funny because jumpers seem to not really work for Lebron, where as Kobe, he can shoot from anywhere and anyway and it still goes in. LeBron doesn't have the skill that Kobe has. Kobe is extremely skillful and plays with finesse. Where he jukes players, pump fakes and such. Hits 3s and jumpers all the time. LeBron just goes to the rim, makes a dunk and gets fouled. He doesn't even make alot of his freethrows.

The only thing I can say is that Lebron will be the best in the NBA when Kobe retires. But even that is questionable. If Dwight Howard can reach his potential where he can hit free throws in the 90 percentile, he could become the most dominant player in the NBA. He could be become the best in the NBA instead of LeBron when Kobe leaves.

On a side note, I agree with you all on Dale Jr. I'm suck of all the cock sucking he gets from the fans because he is Dale's son. The kid gets the best crews on the planet and still can't even win. These people need to LET IT GO. Stop living the dream that Dale Jr will live up to be as great as his dad. He is not close to being as great of a driver as his dad was. He is an average driver at best, he is lucky to be Dale Sr's son, because he if wasn't he wouldn't be racing in NASCAR.

You don't know anything about basketball.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top