Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:15:16 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So many experts

I see, if you are not a cop, you can't have knowledge of the problem.

I guess spending more money on the operation than the recovered product is worth makes sense then.

Economic choices, how do they work?

Thanks

TXL

And your credentials are what?  

I have extensive experience in drug investigations, have been certified and trained by the DEA, and have seen first hand what the effects of drugs are.  

So yeah, unless you have been in the field of investigating or trafficking in drugs, you really don't have a clue.  

My credentials:  I can do math.  Do you know what an economic choice is.  It's what happens when you have limited resources.

Why don't we just assign a cop to every person, then it will be stopped.

Oh yeah, cause of that limited resources thing.  

TXL

ETA:  Do those LAW ENFORCEMENT officals AGAINST Prohibition, have a clue?  No, they don't have a clue.  They are probably the same ones that back all of the gun control bills.

Or, are their credentials not worth a shit either.  Is this how it works?  Someone disagrees with you, therefore, they have no clue.  Even if they do the same job as you?  I don't know what their credentials are and I could care less.  Your "I can do math" is very convincing.  

You are entitled to your opinion.  It just happens to be the opposite of mine.  What IS your experience in drugs and narcotics?  

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:26:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Slow down a little there hoss––-most the anti-gun LE officials I know of are also pretty much for the WoD.

I am pro-gun, anti-WoD, and my narcotics credentials include being in narcotics since late '06.  (And as an aside, pretty much my entire unit is against the WoD, or prohibition as it seems to be referred to in this thread.)
Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:31:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Slow down a little there hoss––-most the anti-gun LE officials I know of are also pretty much for the WoD.

I am pro-gun, anti-WoD, and my narcotics credentials include being in narcotics since late '06.  (And as an aside, pretty much my entire unit is against the WoD, or prohibition as it seems to be referred to in this thread.)

Different opinions and locations I guess.  Border town.

Link Posted: 9/22/2011 12:35:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Different opinions and locations I guess.  Border town.

We're pretty "border" here as well––-while our illegal influx is doubtless much less than yours, we do tend to get a couple hundred a day from the ports.  (This number is my own extrapolation from the 50+ a day I can watch on video jumping the fence at the Nashville St. Wharf.)
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 9:21:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Quoted:
What would you expect a .gov site to say?

here are a few links
(after the first post)

You're right.  If it's a .gov site it must automatically be bullshit.  

I think that is a bit of a stretch
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 2:55:01 PM EDT
[#6]
I have nothing to do with drug enforcement nor have I ever used anything illegal.

I did do some counter narcotic interdiction in Central America though.

My opinion is that the war on drugs has had no effect on the quantity of the shit in the country or the ready availability of it.

In my opinion the war on drugs is a waste of money and resources. Nobody is stopping
people from getting high, nobody is preventing the associated crime, and we are spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year and making no overall impact.

Let people get stoned. When they commit other crimes, put them away or execute them, but chances are nothing will change. and we could save hundreds of billions a year or put those assets and money to some other use.

People that transfer it to kids should be executed.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Lets just give the death penalty to those caught in possession.  That'll make a huge dent in it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2011 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Lets just give the death penalty to those caught in possession.  That'll make a huge dent in it.

And then we can start sawing the hands off of shoplifters, and cutting the tongues out of people who smack-talk the president or the government! Yeah! That'll be great!
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 5:45:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I have nothing to do with drug enforcement nor have I ever used anything illegal.

I did do some counter narcotic interdiction in Central America though.

My opinion is that the war on drugs has had no effect on the quantity of the shit in the country or the ready availability of it.

In my opinion the war on drugs is a waste of money and resources. Nobody is stopping
people from getting high, nobody is preventing the associated crime, and we are spending hundreds of billions of dollars a year and making no overall impact.

Let people get stoned. When they commit other crimes, put them away or execute them, but chances are nothing will change. and we could save hundreds of billions a year or put those assets and money to some other use.

People that transfer it to kids should be executed.

Well, two quick things.

First of all, don't let one's view of a crime vastly change how one's country is conducted. Now, I've already gone through the DP argument in General for crimes other than death and I don't intend to go into it here, but cops enforce the laws in effect, policy, they don't make it.

Secondly, in my personal approach, it matters not if the victim is a 12 year old girl (video that can yank at my heart strings if I allow it) or an 80 year old grandmother or a 50 year crack prostitute. All are victims, all deserve equal prosecution for the crime against them. This concept of we shall execute for a crime against a child is counter to that belief.......and also hypocritical when one considers we prosecute the youth as adults. To me, one cannot have it both ways.
("Yes, I know a stalker got killed....well, it was bound to happen sooner or later....it is a contact sport, yes?.....Listen, you guys in justice can't have it both ways. You want people home watching TV, not in the streets rioting? Well you ain't going to get that with reruns of Gillian's Island."––Killigan on the phone, (w,stte), "The Running Man")
Link Posted: 9/24/2011 9:55:07 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And drugs used to be legal in America. We didn't have a drug problem then either.

Actually, we did.

Yeah, black folks was raping the white womenz.  

TXL

Yeah! And there was that movie, Reefer Madness! Thank goodness that scourge to society is illegal so it's not an issue nowadays.
Link Posted: 9/25/2011 11:55:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Quoted:

And then we can start sawing the hands off of shoplifters, and cutting the tongues out of people who smack-talk the president or the government! Yeah! That'll be great!

Link Posted: 9/25/2011 12:11:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Former Narcotics Detective, Former DEA Task Force Officer, & Foreign Intelligence Agent Russ Jones speaks out against the so called, "War on Drugs."

Russ is a speaker for both LEAP, (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), and DPFT, (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

Russ Jones has become one of the most sought out speakers in America regarding this issue.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:09:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Former Narcotics Detective, Former DEA Task Force Officer, & Foreign Intelligence Agent Russ Jones speaks out against the so called, "War on Drugs."

Russ is a speaker for both LEAP, (Law Enforcement Against Prohibition), and DPFT, (Drug Policy Forum of Texas).

Russ Jones has become one of the most sought out speakers in America regarding this issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Vh6k8MmU4  

How do you argue with that?

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1Vh6k8MmU4  

How do you argue with that?

Generally loudly and without logic.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top