Up and at 'em at 5am every day.

That's 4am for you folks to the west...  [;)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:44:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I love bein up early (4am my time today)

makes you feel like the world is yours to do with as you please.  Gives you a slight edge for the whole day over those sorry saps that sleep till 7!!
View Quote

I can tolerate it.  I'm more of a night owl by nature.  I'm slow to get started in the mornings, but can run all day and late into the night if need be.

On the weekends, I'm one of those "sorry saps" who sleeps in until about 8:30.  [:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 4:57:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
You should be ashamed of yourself :)
View Quote

Nah, I deserve the rest.  [;)]

They'll be none of that tomorrow!! You have to be up, awake, preferrably have showered, armed to the teeth, and at the cracker barrell by 0830.
View Quote

Tomorrow will be business as usual (i.e. 5am wake-up).  Sunday will be sleep-in day, followed by several hours of firearms cleaning.

I intend on being at the Cracka Barrel right around 8am or sooner.  Will leave my apartment at 6:30, gas up down the road, check tire pressure and oil, and then hit the road.

...might even beat you there...  [;)]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:10:13 AM EDT
[#7]
What about clay pigeons to put on the berm?  Sweep, do they allow those?  They didn't say anything when I used them before, but maybe they didn't see them.

As for the reporter, no reply from him.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:12:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll be at Cracker Barrel around 8:00 am to get us a table so if whoever plans on meeting for breakfast let me know so I can tell them how many we'll have. And wear a firearms shirt![:D]
View Quote
Which Cracker Barrel?  I don't recall one at this exit.
View Quote

Larry, it's in Conyers, exit 82 (GA20/138). Behind the BP station.
View Quote
If I am coming down GA 11 and get to I20, how far towards town is the Cracker Barrel exit?
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:22:33 AM EDT
[#9]
I'll be working the night shift this weekend.[:(]

You guys be safe, have a lot of fun, and plan another one real soon![:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:38:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Anxiously awaiting quittin' time - three and a half hours to go before I can get home to polish up the fambly...  [:D]

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:48:13 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 8:46:03 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
ohhhhhh...me toooo!!

I want my children to look their best when I introduce you to them.  The should all be clean and well fed (belt fed would be best, but mag fed is good too)

AHHHH, i wont be able to sleep tonight.
View Quote

Heh...  I've got an octogenarian and a septuagenarian that need to be polished up.  They have to bunk together for the trip tomorrow, and they need to look their best.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 10:39:21 AM EDT
[#13]
Afternoon bump...

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 12:46:58 PM EDT
[#14]
I didn't know we had to CLEAN our guns to shoot them. NOW I gotta go buy a fresh can of WD-40. Lube it up real good. [;D]

This is a BTT in disguise...shhhh, don't tell anyone.

See yous guys tomorrow!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:01:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I didn't know we had to CLEAN our guns to shoot them. NOW I gotta go buy a fresh can of WD-40. Lube it up real good. [;D]

This is a BTT in disguise...shhhh, don't tell anyone.

See yous guys tomorrow!!!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
View Quote

Well, you don't [i]have[/i] to clean them to shoot them...  I do, though!  It's been nearly 2 months since my C&Rs had a nice coating of ballistol, and they are a bit friendlier to me and the ammo when they have a fresh coat on 'em.

I'll see you guys in the morning - one good thing about getting together for the shoot is that we are away from home while AR15.com is down for upgrades!  [:D]  This means no DTs, no panic attacks, no withdrawal symptoms!

w00t!

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 1:09:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Will see you at the restaurant at 8.  By doing breakfast w/y'all I can follow who ever knows how to get to the range w/o worrying about getting lost.  Heh, heh. Be wearing my "lucky shooting hat" ; tan boonie style thing w/ funny (Hebrew) squiggles on the front brim. Had it issued in 1956, and am still using it! Course it sat in a storage box for 30 years.

OK enough of this BTT rambling.  See ya  [:D]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 3:04:14 PM EDT
[#17]
I just got a call from a buddy from I work with. He asked if he could join us and bring a friend. They don't own guns...[i]yet[/i]! That isn't a problem is it? Two more innocents to convert to the dark side...[}:D]

btw, does anyone know what time we can 'try' the board tomorrow? Gotta know when I can post the pics!

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#18]
Well, I just finished loading the trunk of the Taurus with ammo - probably close to 150lbs worth.

It sure as hell better be lighter when I load up for home tomorrow evening!

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 5:37:05 PM EDT
[#19]
uhhhh, I guess I don't have enuff ammo...is a couple 50 round boxes of each caliber not enuff?
Just kidding, I have a more than a couple, at least of .223. Funds are a wee bit tight at the moment. Are we gonna [s]make[/s] ask the guys that didn't bring guns reload the magazines? It builds character, right?!?

I loaded the truck except for the weapons. I trust my neighbors, but I would hate to get shot by my own gun. ouchy!!

Posting one last message in the GD before I sign off. See you guys tomorrow!! Drive safe.

ByteTheBullet   (-:

edited cause of studipity.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:12:24 PM EDT
[#20]
ok gents, im in. and ill be bringing the missus with me. we wont make cracker barrel though. i need to pick up a new staplegun and some 1x1's see ya at the range!
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 6:39:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:01:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Wish I could make it but I have to WORK [>(]. Oh well, gotta keep the world safe for democracy.
Link Posted: 7/26/2002 7:18:16 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 12:31:31 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 1:49:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Yup, probably close to 150 pounds of ammo.

You gotta think, though - I'm AR-less, so the majority of it is 12ga shot and slugs, and 7.62x54R.  There is also a ton of 22LR in there as well, I think.

Well, time to hit the shower and get a fresh head shave.  Leaving in 45 minutes.

the_reject
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 2:12:42 AM EDT
[#26]
we're getting ready to pull out too. stopping at home depot for some wood to make a target stand. see y'all there.
Link Posted: 7/27/2002 4:00:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top