BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 3:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Yeah, Gwofie knows.  We made a sammich.  It was Good.    

What that was the Vienna Sausage trailer story, right?
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 4:17:21 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Y'all have to come to Gunstock and see what a cuddlebear Brassie is in person.  And I'm not just saying that because I've slept with him.

At least come to Gunstock to line up to kick PE in the nards.  If he has any.  

You slept with him?! Does Mr.Gloftoe know?

How was it?

edited to add:  just kidding....don't answer that....

Yeah, Gwofie knows.  We made a sammich.  It was Good.    

Ahhhh my eyes! my eyes!
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:48:24 PM EDT
[#3]
When they try to make it seem like women are worse than men when it comes to strippers, such as in this thread of MM's...

Bachelorette Party

Along the same lines, not that I don't enjoy the occasional visit to the girl's or boy's club, but for some reason it seems like it is men's god given right to go to strip j's for every little occasion...bachelor party, graduation party, divorce party, going away party, gun show party, radio DJ support party, no reason at all other than to watch NWD (naked womenz dancing), yada yada. And then god forbid you do the same thing....then you are labelled a "trouble making" woman's libber type....

*pulling hair out now*

Link Posted: 9/2/2004 5:57:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
And then god forbid you do the same thing....then you are labelled a "trouble making" woman's libber type....

well if he's that's dumb then dump him and find a better man.  Or at least a more mature one.
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:20:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:22:45 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Gabby, as for the dominatrix thing I think that he's just playing with you.  Every single person who comes on chat gets their own personal ration of poo.  If you fling it back, you get less.

It's harmless now, and I've actually adopted it as my new nickname; but for a couple days strraight that random shit was flying at me and I was just getting fed up.  That be all.

I do fling poo on occasion, but it doesn't come in the form of "OMG SARGE, STFU!!!!!!!"
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 6:24:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:00:22 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
When they try to make it seem like women are worse than men when it comes to strippers, such as in this thread of MM's...

Bachelorette Party

Along the same lines, not that I don't enjoy the occasional visit to the girl's or boy's club, but for some reason it seems like it is men's god given right to go to strip j's for every little occasion...bachelor party, graduation party, divorce party, going away party, gun show party, radio DJ support party, no reason at all other than to watch NWD (naked womenz dancing), yada yada. And then god forbid you do the same thing....then you are labelled a "trouble making" woman's libber type....

*pulling hair out now*

Nonsense ma'am.  We would like you to come along to watch NWD, and possiby even join in on the naked dancing.

ok, twist my arm why don't ya...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:07:04 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
 Guys don't understand emotion, and women often cannot explain the nuances to a guy in a way that he can understand.  Therefore, guys either just give up and resign themselves to being wrong, or get bitter.

Any guy that tries to  play that "macho"  role and thinks he doesn't need emotion in his life, or doesn't recognize it as such, is developmentally stunted and immature. Half the problem is that so many of the guys who post here with that attitude are either a: very young themselves and haven't figured themselves out ,let alone women , or  are still playing that testesterone-driven male BS role that some segments of society insist men should be playing,  or b: old school guys who just hate women in any shape or form because of their long history of negative relationships with women( most of the problems come from within, but those guys don't see that..those are the "bitter" guys you mentioned).
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:30:57 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
 Guys don't understand emotion, and women often cannot explain the nuances to a guy in a way that he can understand.  Therefore, guys either just give up and resign themselves to being wrong, or get bitter.

Any guy that tries to  play that "macho"  role and thinks he doesn't need emotion in his life, or doesn't recognize it as such, is developmentally stunted and immature. Half the problem is that so many of the guys who post here with that attitude are either a: very young themselves and haven't figured themselves out ,let alone women , or  are still playing that testesterone-driven male BS role that some segments of society insist men should be playing,  or b: old school guys who just hate women in any shape or form because of their long history of negative relationships with women( most of the problems come from within, but those guys don't see that..those are the "bitter" guys you mentioned).

cool.

even cooler that it's coming from a man...
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 10:46:02 AM EDT
[#11]
Ladies, ladies, I didn't read this whole thread because I need to get a(nother) cold beer, but what I did read disturbed me greatly. I can see you all are upset, perhaps you should find something soothing to calm your jangled nerves. I hear knitting is most restful, and by an odd coincidence, I am in the market for a new scarf, in particular a CADPAT Woodland digital camo would be exceptionally delightful.

I will await by the computer anxiously anticipating the flashing yellow "IM message" button, indicating that my winter neckwear woes are over!

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:37:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Merrell, they don't need the condenscending commentary.

Ladies, thanks for adding a degree of stability and balance to the site that at times is sorely needed.

Maybe if I ever get a chance to heed my wifes requests to drag her along to the range when our schedules actually mesh, I will be able to post some pics of Mrs TC and others at the range.....
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:42:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 11:46:44 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Merrell, they don't need the condenscending commentary.

I'm sure they're more than willing to let me know (in no uncertain terms)

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:13:04 PM EDT
[#15]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=71&t=270141
Re StealthyBloggers post of 090304.  I'd say jumping into a Women's Forum discussion of a very much women's related topic and starting name calling  certainly qualifies.

edited: sorry it is StealthyBlagga not Blogger
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:14:54 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Re StealthyBloggers post of 090304.  I'd say jumping into a Women's Forum discussion of a very much women's related topic and starting name calling  certainly qualifies.

His heart was in the right place.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:17:47 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

His brain wasn't.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:20:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 12:26:35 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm sure they're more than willing to let me know (in no uncertain terms)

Consider yourself informed.

ah, but to be so notified, by such a lovely flower, who could not be a day past 23, is there a better way for a man to go?

Link Posted: 9/5/2004 1:08:12 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

His brain wasn't.

Neither were his balls.
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 8:04:09 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/5/2004 9:05:05 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Read it again.  A guy can try to understand emotion, but because he is not that particular woman, he is likely to get it wrong without her telling him what she is feeling.
Has nothing to do with macho roles.  Has everything to do with the man isn't the woman, and there are too many women who have been brainwashed to believe that he is automatically supposed to know what she is feeling.
That type of woman isn't likely to be HERE, so I'll consider the ladies here to be different. from that.

I love it when I'm posting here and see two people agree on an issue without realizing it, and argue endlessly about it.

Bad thing is, I do this in real life, at least every other week. How I keep from doing it (more than I do already) on the internet is a miracle..
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:17:27 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Read it again.  A guy can try to understand emotion, but because he is not that particular woman, he is likely to get it wrong without her telling him what she is feeling.
Has nothing to do with macho roles.  Has everything to do with the man isn't the woman, and there are too many women who have been brainwashed to believe that he is automatically supposed to know what she is feeling.
That type of woman isn't likely to be HERE, so I'll consider the ladies here to be different. from that.

I have read it. I understand that some women expect men to be mind readers. I also understand that a LOT of guys don't even TRY to understand women, knock them for  their "emotionalism", among other things, and then wonder why the women don't flock to them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 11:43:01 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have read it. I understand that some women expect men to be mind readers. I also understand that a LOT of guys don't even TRY to understand women, knock them for  their "emotionalism", among other things, and then wonder why the women don't flock to them.

+1

I have also known a lot of men to use women's emotion as an excuse or accuse them of being irrational every time they get angry/hurt with them, no matter what they did to make the woman angry or hurt.  It is extremely condescending and only makes things worse.  

Here's an example:

Man: "My wife is being crazy today."
Friend: "Just like a woman, what did she do this time?"
Man: "When I got home last night, she yelled at me for 30 minutes and cried on the phone with her mother when I told her she was being irrational."
Friend: "Women are just so crazy, I'm never getting married.  Hey, wasn't yesterday Mother's Day?"
Man: "Yeah, we went to see my mom, and then I went golfing with my step dad.  We had a 12:30 tee time."
Friend: "hey, that sounds like fun!  I take it your wife likes your mom?"
Man: "No, they don't get along at all, but my step-dad's family was there too, so I figured my wife would find someone she liked to hang out with while I was gone."
Friend: "Cool.  How's that new baby of yours?"
Man: "He's been really sick, we had to take him to the doctor.  He coughs all night long, and my wife has to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours so he can breathe."
Friend: "So what time did you get home last night?"
Man: "It was about 10:30,  but I shouldn't have come home at all with her waiting in ambush.  I had to get my mom to drive me since my wife took the car home with her."
Friend:  "You mean she ditched you?  How irrational."
Man: "Yeah, I know.  It wasn't my fault she didn't bring the nebulizer to give the baby his treatments."

**The conversation presented here is a dramatization used as an example, and is in no way intended to represent actual people or events.....I swear.
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Sick kid/child abandonment, disagreeable in-laws. golf widow, coming home late, understanding policeman... (all we need now is infidelity and the stage is set) you guys write scripts for Lifetime?

Seriously, there are equally thoughtless men & women, to stereotype one or the other is shortsighted at best.

Men & women are most assuredly different and playing one off the other (why is the divorce attorney always handsome, considerate, rich, single & with perfect teeth, while the cheating hubby is always fat, unshaven, malodorous, uncouth, poor and suffering from bad dentition in chick flicks?) is disingenuous, to say the least.

The fascinating thing is the stories told from each side (presumably of the same events) are wildly different, to wit:

Man: "When I got home last night, she yelled at me for 30 minutes and cried on the phone with her mother when I told her she was being irrational. Nevermind that I lost an account at the office, I get it all day at work and as soon as I open the door she unloads on me. Did she ask how my day was? Nope, didn't even have my coat off and it was War & Peace."
Friend: "Women are just so crazy, I'm never getting married. Hey, wasn't yesterday Mother's Day?"
Man: "Yeah, we went to see my mom, and then I went golfing with my step dad. We had a 12:30 tee time."
Friend: "hey, that sounds like fun! I take it your wife likes your mom?"
Man: "No, they don't get along at all, but my step-dad's family was there too, so I figured my wife would find someone she liked to hang out with while I was gone."
Friend: "Cool. How's that new baby of yours?"
Man: "He's been really sick, we had to take him to the doctor. He coughs all night long, and my wife has to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours so he can breathe. I offered but she said she'd take care of it, which helps since I get up at 5:15 every morning."
Man: "It was about 10:30, but I shouldn't have come home at all with her waiting in ambush. I had to get my mom to drive me since my wife took the car home with her. Two or three times a year I get to play a little golf  with her father, you'd think I was off at the bar with some bimbo..."
Friend: "You mean she ditched you? How irrational."
Man: "Yeah, I know. It wasn't my fault she didn't bring the nebulizer to give the baby his treatments. Had she called, I could have swung by the house and picked it up."

Could be the same story, but omit a few details & it's night & day.

eh, didn't want to start a fracas, but I see this sort of thing all the time with my married friends (not all guys, by the way) and it's incredible how stories get twisted and played (for sympathy, 9 times out of 10) More than anything else, I think it's the ME-generation that has problems, not men or women per se.

How bout them apples!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:04:59 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Sick kid/child abandonment, disagreeable in-laws. golf widow, coming home late, understanding policeman... (all we need now is infidelity and the stage is set) you guys write scripts for Lifetime?

Seriously, there are equally thoughtless men & women, to stereotype one or the other is shortsighted at best.

Men & women are most assuredly different and playing one off the other (why is the divorce attorney always handsome, considerate, rich, single & with perfect teeth, while the cheating hubby is always fat, unshaven, malodorous, uncouth, poor and suffering from bad dentition in chick flicks?) is disingenuous, to say the least.

The fascinating thing is the stories told from each side (presumably of the same events) are wildly different, to wit:

Man: "When I got home last night, she yelled at me for 30 minutes and cried on the phone with her mother when I told her she was being irrational. Nevermind that I lost an account at the office, I get it all day at work and as soon as I open the door she unloads on me. Did she ask how my day was? Nope, didn't even have my coat off and it was War & Peace."
Friend: "Women are just so crazy, I'm never getting married. Hey, wasn't yesterday Mother's Day?"
Man: "Yeah, we went to see my mom, and then I went golfing with my step dad. We had a 12:30 tee time."
Friend: "hey, that sounds like fun! I take it your wife likes your mom?"
Friend: "Cool. How's that new baby of yours?"
Man: "He's been really sick, we had to take him to the doctor. He coughs all night long, and my wife has to give him breathing treatments every 4 hours so he can breathe. I offered but she said she'd take care of it, which helps since I get up at 5:15 every morning."
Man: "It was about 10:30, but I shouldn't have come home at all with her waiting in ambush. I had to get my mom to drive me since my wife took the car home with her. Two or three times a year I get to play a little golf  with her father, you'd think I was off at the bar with some bimbo..."
Friend: "You mean she ditched you? How irrational."
Man: "Yeah, I know. It wasn't my fault she didn't bring the nebulizer to give the baby his treatments. Had she called, I could have swung by the house and picked it up."

Could be the same story, but omit a few details & it's night & day.

eh, didn't want to start a fracas, but I see this sort of thing all the time with my married friends (not all guys, by the way) and it's incredible how stories get twisted and played (for sympathy, 9 times out of 10) More than anything else, I think it's the ME-generation that has problems, not men or women per se.

How bout them apples!

I never said that all men were thoughtless, just that the men who like to say that all women are irrational/crazy/emotion driven, tend to use that as a convenient excuse or put down.  Also, if you assume that all women are that way, don't be surprised if the woman you marry turns out to be that way.  Life has a funny way of giving you exactly what you expect in those regards.  Perhaps if these men who make these claims would make an attempt to meet their wife half-way instead of blowing them off as "irrational", they could come to understand each other and find solutions to their problems.  Then you wouldn't have the same person posting 6 months later that his wife filed for divorce.  
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:32:10 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Based on that scenario, it was wildly wrong for that guy to dump the sick kid on his wife and go out playing golf with the boys on MOTHERS DAY, of all days. I don't care what HIS justification or defense is via your added dialogue, but even as a guy, I understand that that is so WRONG, in more ways than one.

BTW, Moms Day is on a Sunday; whats this guy doing at his ofice on a Sunday to lose an account anyway?
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:41:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Never said that all women are that way (nor that all men are thoughtless slobs or knights in shining armor). My experience has taught me that the large majority of unhappy relationships are due to selfish behavior, sometimes by one party (male or female) and sometimes by both. Seems people drop things at the first sign of effort, rather than working things through (wow, life is hard, who'd a thunk it?) Looking back, there are a couple of divorcees I dated who are divorced for a reason (and not necessarily the reason they told me), I wish them well, but their lives and mine aren't on the same track. *shrug*

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:46:10 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Based on that scenario, it was wildly wrong for that guy to dump the sick kid on his wife and go out playing golf with the boys on MOTHERS DAY, of all days. I don't care what HIS justification or defense is via your added dialogue, but even as a guy, I understand that that is so WRONG, in more ways than one.

BTW, Moms Day is on a Sunday; whats this guy doing at his ofice on a Sunday to lose an account anyway?

If you've never owned your own company, then I wouldn't expect you to understand why working on weekends & Holidays (w/o double or triple-time) is not unusual.

And (from the scenario, he wasn't out "with the boys" he was out with her father. Bit of a difference, wouldn't you say?

Being in LE, I'm sure you see the worst of domestic conflicts, equally, your perception might be jaded by witnessing the worst of behavior and also the natural tendency of the male of the species to protect an injured female (physically or psychologically). Not a slam, what you do is a job I would not envy, but realistically, it does tinge ones perception (hence the burn-out rate in your field, or those of psychological counselors)
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:51:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Men and women are just different.  They each hear what they want to hear and go with that.  Women frequently will take a statement that can be viewed multiple ways and assume the worst.  Men will frequnetly hear half of what a woman says and dispense with the rest as worthless babble.  

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 1:51:16 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've never owned your own company, then I wouldn't expect you to understand why working on weekends & Holidays (w/o double or triple-time) is not unusual.

And (from the scenario, he wasn't out "with the boys" he was out with her father. Bit of a difference, wouldn't you say?

Being in LE, I'm sure you see the worst of domestic conflicts, equally, your perception might be jaded by witnessing the worst of behavior and also the natural tendency of the male of the species to protect an injured female (physically or psychologically). Not a slam, what you do is a job I would not envy, but realistically, it does tinge ones perception (hence the burn-out rate in your field, or those of psychological counselors)

I think you are confusing the term "step-father" with "father-in-law".  He was out with his mother's husband.  Does that make it a little clearer?  He did not work that day, as they had gone to visit HIS family that morning before he left for a 12:30 tee-time.  Then again, I am sure there is always an excuse.  After all, I'm sure she was just being an irrational woman and he did nothing wrong.    
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 2:10:12 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
I think you are confusing the term "step-father" with "father-in-law".  He was out with his mother's husband.  Does that make it a little clearer?  He did not work that day, as they had gone to visit HIS family that morning before he left for a 12:30 tee-time.  

Whoops, my bad, thank you for the clarification.

Then again, I am sure there is always an excuse.  After all, I'm sure she was just being an irrational woman and he did nothing wrong.    

Link Posted: 9/6/2004 4:58:30 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

For your information, I have worked a LOT of holidays, and a LOT of them at straight time.Weekends are straight time too. We don't get M-F 9-5 in my line of work.
It said nothing about him owning the company; as a matter of fact, it described him as "getting it" ( I took to mean the verbal abuse ) at work..and I doubt most company owners will be putting up with verbal abuse at the business they own.

Bottom line on the scenario is: his wife had been dealing with a sick kid on Mothers Day. He chose to go play golf,with whom is unimportant,although in doing so he thoughtlessly left her with people she didn't like, and just "expected " her to handle the problems with the kid. He doesn't help her with the sick kids medical treatments; while he claims that she just says she'll take care of it (I am sure that she figures its easier to deal with herself than listen to him complain about getting up in the middle of the night to give him a breathing treatment) ....  and  then on top of everything he came home late. No  special dinner for her, no offer to give her a break on what is "her" day...the little things that make any relationship special, and shows the parties involved that they actually matter to their significant other..so I can understand her resentment!
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#34]
I spent this Holiday weekend working up a proposal for a new client (while friends & neighbors went off to picnics & parades). No pay for proposals either, if I were married, would I be catching hell? Probably. Starting & running a business is hard on relationships. It doesn't bother me, because I am thinking long term. Some folks don't think beyond what movie they are going to rent this evening. *shrug*

A good friend who owns a software company (built it from the ground up) worked hellacious hours, wives (2) didn't seem to think it was enough and away they went. Too bad for them, because the company finally did very well and now he has a lovely English wife and two beautiful daughters (and she is the first one to understand why those hours at the office are necessary some times) Their two kids are terrific. It's bright spots like that that renew hope.

eh, they're just tales on the internet, but it's been my experience that things are rarely as one-sided as people (men or women) paint them to be, and that a little bit of understanding (by both sides) goes a long, long way.

Link Posted: 9/7/2004 3:52:18 PM EDT
[#35]
Gentlemen, thank you for your input, however I'm not sure it matters under the circumstances (just as my opinion wouldn't matter if we were discussing things a woman can do to earn banishment to the........Lady-Bitches-A-Lot Club)

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top