Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:47:53 AM EDT
[#1]
I think that we have a winner for the "Ressurected Thread Award"!
VP
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:57:15 AM EDT
[#2]
December of last year?  That's not long!  [;D]

I loved that frickin movie, by the way.[:D]
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:30:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I'll second that nomination. I was sitting there thinking?? What that movie is still out??

Then I looked at the date... DUH

Ben
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#4]
It's still in first run here in Knoxville. I had a buddy, who must have been in a coma, go see it the other day. He loved it. Of course he hated Blackhawk Down. Figures.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 10:48:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I just re-read the series over the last month.  If anything, I think some of the changes that were made, were done to make the story more feasible as a movie, not necessarily to enhance or detract from characters or the story.  Ie, when we roll around to the end of Return of the King, is Arwen just going to pop out of nowhere and get married?  Better to introduce her now than to have the non-readers scratching their heads asking Who is this girl, and why is he marrying her?  In addition, the sheer number of one-off characters in the stories would be ridiculous.  
Still can't wait to see Huorns & Ents, and massive battle scenes.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:24:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I just re-read the series over the last month.  If anything, I think some of the changes that were made, were done to make the story more feasible as a movie, not necessarily to enhance or detract from characters or the story.  Ie, when we roll around to the end of Return of the King, is Arwen just going to pop out of nowhere and get married?  Better to introduce her now than to have the non-readers scratching their heads asking Who is this girl, and why is he marrying her?  In addition, the sheer number of one-off characters in the stories would be ridiculous.  
Still can't wait to see Huorns & Ents, and massive battle scenes.
View Quote

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

You are giving it away!!!!!!!!!!

Well, here goes...

How is the King of the Nazgul going to be killed?  They left out the scene with the barrowwights in which the hobbits find the Numenorean swords.

I do agree with your main premise though.  TB would have added little to the overall story.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top