BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:19:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
This is why I'm an advocate for post-natal abortion.  Unless the child is actually being neglected and is in danger, social services won't do much.  And you can't just load him in the car, drive 100 miles out side of town and drop him off like you might a problem dog, they get touchy about that and call it 'kidnapping'.  That's a tough one.  Tag for results and to see who can't take my joke.

joke? why joke? you have good ideas...

They're actually really funny if taken in the context of his avatar.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 6:55:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Allright, so I called CPS earlier and let them know the type of stuff that was going on.  I didn't reference the drawdown.  

They told me they "would look into the situation".  I don't know if that means they will send an investigator out or what.  The lady also advised me if I saw the kid wandering that I could call Phoenix PD, but it probably wouldn't help.  My street is a cul-de-sac of 10 houses.  Mom would probably say she knew where he was.  I still might do it, if for nothing else, to make a paper trail.

rr
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you should coordinate with all of your neighbors who have been "inconvenienced" by the kid, and go over to his house en masse and have a come to Jesus talk with the mother. Perhaps when she sees 6 or 8 pissed off homeowners on her stoop, she'll get the message.
Link Posted: 2/23/2009 7:22:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Sounds alot like me at that age....I was just a uncontrollable brat.  Neighbor made a believer out of me when he about drown me with a garden hose in the face.....I stopped messin with him right then.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#5]
depends on the laws in your state.  Oregon's CPS will only only do something if the minimum standard of care is not being followed.  (or something along that wording).

Meaning, you can call your kids fucking losers, shout at them.  Tell them they are worthless pieces of shit.  And its acceptable.  

But if you beat them, its not.

But Oregon will investigate if you leave your child unattended.

CPS laws are usually fucked, and the workers hands are tied unless certain criteria are met.  So your best course of action is to contact them and see what they can do.

from what you have posted, the parents really do not give a fuck about the welfare of the kid.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 1:12:30 AM EDT
[#6]
sss
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:18:24 AM EDT
[#7]
Why don't you have your 9 yo beat his ass the next time the kid comes on the property?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 2:34:58 AM EDT
[#8]

This will teach him... LMAO
All kidding aside keep calling CPS/Police. They will eventually come investigate or talk to parents to fix the issue. Remember persistance pays off.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 3:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
A five year old capable of doing all that, WOW. Next time he wanders onto your property hold him there and call the police and report him as a lost child.  The police have no choice but to file a report with protective child services to monitor the parent.  His parent won't have any choice but to listen to the complaints and assume responsibility for her child.  Also, if the child is causing damage to property or personal items take the parent to small claims court so that she can pay for the damages her child is causing. Those things should get her attention.  Send her a certified letter listing the damages her child has caused to your property only and have your neighbors do the same. Clearly she is a Moron but even they reproduce so the best way to handle it is to hit her where it hurts and that is the wallet, because if she doesn't care enough about the safety of her kid she will definitely care about the cost and time it takes to straighten out the suits and deal with the authorities.  
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 3:13:46 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 4:42:21 AM EDT
[#11]
You did the right thing.  I have had the same problem but the kid is a relative.  See this thread:

http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=728542

The kid has problems and if the mother or family won't deal with them then you have to get the law invovled before he hurts himself or most likely someone else simply by accident.

My relatives have to deadbolt the doors with keys on both sides of the door and hid the keys when they go to bed or Random will run out.  He will also attempt to climb out windows if you are not watchful of him.

Ritalin changed him; he is much better now.  Sounds like this neighbor kid needs a little help before things get out of control.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:20:04 AM EDT
[#12]
Fuck it. Sell him on Craigslist...
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:27:09 AM EDT
[#13]
this isnt SAIL, SAIL, , who posted about the "roomates annoying girlfriend is it"....??????    just call the law..
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:30:31 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
today's 5 year old pain in the ass is tomorrow's 15 year old vandal/car thief Napoleon_Tanerite.  get his ass squared away while it is still possible

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:32:18 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It sounds like you are getting too worked up about things.  You might need to relax.  Ever think about taking up a nice hobby, like beekeeping?  

I was thisclose to asking what in the hell was wrong with you, and then I read the last sentence. Bravo!!!!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:46:19 AM EDT
[#16]
Go to those chat rooms that Dateline "To catch a predator" goes to and post about a free wandering kid...

(Just kidding!!!!)
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:48:04 AM EDT
[#17]
DSS
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:50:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quit being a pussy. The next time the kid comes over yell and scream and scare the shit out of him, as in, make him shit his pants. Make him so scared of you that he cries just thinking about your face.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:50:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
http://www.imfdb.org/images/0/00/M18a1_07.jpg

This will teach him... LMAO
All kidding aside keep calling CPS/Police. They will eventually come investigate or talk to parents to fix the issue. Remember persistance pays off.

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 5:53:46 AM EDT
[#20]
Find a good lawyer.  Use him to bring suit against the parents and their insurance company.  Give the name of the lawyer to all other neighbors who have had issues.  They can then bring suit as well.  When the insurance company gets 2-6 suits brought, they WILL drop the insurance on the fuckers - perhaps this will finally give them the idea to reign in their demon-spawn.

Also, lock the gates.  And get a mean, nasty dog.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:00:15 AM EDT
[#21]
since your in AZ I'm sure there are some ,ahem ,"southern professionals", that will gladly gain a new recruit.

kid sounds like he's gonna end up dead or in prison anyway.

I'm just kidding.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
1.  Call the cops and leave a tip that there is an unsupervised toddler wandering from house to house and in the road eating out of garbage cans.  Give the police a really good discription of the kid.  Make sure he will be in the area.

2.  Wait for cops to come and find unsupervised and neglected child.

3.  Win

i like this one....
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:03:06 AM EDT
[#23]
I can't believe no one has mentioned this!!

GET A FUCKING BIGGER DOG!!

I've had pitbulls on my property for years and never had a problem with children

Trust me there are alot of children where I live....
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:07:01 AM EDT
[#24]
First of all, you need to get as many of your neighbors on board with you as possible. They all need to contact the PD through the NON-EMERGENCY line (Phoenix PD has one listed on their website) and file complaints. You need to get a paper trail started NOW.
Keep a log of every time the kid shows up at your house, every time you have or have had contact with him or his parents, be as thorough as possible, including dates and times. Buy a cheap notebook at wal-mart or something. Encourage your neighbors to do the same. Call the non-emergency line EVERY time you have a problem with the child. You want official documentation as much as possible.
Also encourage your neighbors to call CPS as well. Complaints of these type are taken more seriously if several different people make them.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:08:18 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
First of all, you need to get as many of your neighbors on board with you as possible. They all need to contact the PD through the NON-EMERGENCY line (Phoenix PD has one listed on their website) and file complaints. You need to get a paper trail started NOW.
Keep a log of every time the kid shows up at your house, every time you have or have had contact with him or his parents, be as thorough as possible, including dates and times. Buy a cheap notebook at wal-mart or something. Encourage your neighbors to do the same. Call the non-emergency line EVERY time you have a problem with the child. You want official documentation as much as possible.
Also encourage your neighbors to call CPS as well. Complaints of these type are taken more seriously if several different people make them.

Very good advice.

I know that neighbors that are home during the day to see this activity taking place are a vital resource.  If it ever comes to giving statements to police or lawyers about the events having them on your side is very handy.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:18:16 AM EDT
[#26]
Why would you point a gun at a five year old? This kid's parents are not the only problems in this story. You are fucked up beyond belief.

***EDITED TO ADD***
I wish I could see your face when the cops haul you off when that five year old outsmarts you again and tells the cops you drew down on him. Seriously, are you retarded? Who points a gun at a fvie year old? Were you in fear for your life from a five year old? And you talk about it like you are sort of proud of the fact YOU POINTED A GUN AT A FUCKING FIVE YEAR OLD. You deserve whatever you get, regardless of what this kid has done. He is five, you are an adult. You are exactly the kind of person left wing ultra radical nutjobs talk about when they say things like "if we allow concealed weapons, there will be blood in the streets". Seriously.

To expand, you go on and on complaining about how this kid's parents aren't worth a shit for letting their kid wander around getting into your garage. Yet, you come on the biggest gun forum on the whole innernetz and brag publicly with the use of emoticons of your collossal fail commiting a felony like "drawing down" on a five year old. That's called "Assault With A Deadly Weapon" and "Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public" where I'm from. I ask again, are you fucking retarded?
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:21:06 AM EDT
[#27]
/\/\ LOOK AT ME AND MY POST
Quoted:
It sounds like you are getting too worked up about things.  You might need to relax.  Ever think about taking up a nice hobby, like beekeeping?  

Bees are a pretty relaxing hobby, and all that honey can be used to eat or make mead!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:39:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Definitely keep trying the CPS route.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:46:59 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Get your 9 year old involved some more.

Not a bad idea.  Give your 9yo an open season on this fuckup if he sees him anywhere on property.

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 6:49:04 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Definitely keep trying the CPS route.

Yeah, he should definately keep trying that. I can see the headlines now...

"Tables Turned on Neighbor Who Calls CPS to Investigate Child Neglect. Investigation Reveals Neighbor Pointed a Gun at a Five Year Old Child."
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:07:22 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Sounds alot like me at that age....I was just a uncontrollable brat.  Neighbor made a believer out of me when he about drown me with a garden hose in the face.....I stopped messin with him right then.

This reminded me of something. They make motion activated sprinklers. Look like birds or something. People use them to discourage dogs and other critters from gardens and lawns. They're not very expensive. Time to get a few.  Here Maybe if the little brat gets a soaking, he'll go elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Staple a typed note to the back of the kid's shirt that says "You're lucky I'm just a concerned citizen and not someone who wants to rape your child. He's a great molester target."  Maybe the parent will actually pay enough attention to her kid to see it and stop letting him roam.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:36:49 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:43:53 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Why would you point a gun at a five year old? This kid's parents are not the only problems in this story. You are fucked up beyond belief.

***EDITED TO ADD***
I wish I could see your face when the cops haul you off when that five year old outsmarts you again and tells the cops you drew down on him. Seriously, are you retarded? Who points a gun at a fvie year old? Were you in fear for your life from a five year old? And you talk about it like you are sort of proud of the fact YOU POINTED A GUN AT A FUCKING FIVE YEAR OLD. You deserve whatever you get, regardless of what this kid has done. He is five, you are an adult. You are exactly the kind of person left wing ultra radical nutjobs talk about when they say things like "if we allow concealed weapons, there will be blood in the streets". Seriously.

To expand, you go on and on complaining about how this kid's parents aren't worth a shit for letting their kid wander around getting into your garage. Yet, you come on the biggest gun forum on the whole innernetz and brag publicly with the use of emoticons of your collossal fail commiting a felony like "drawing down" on a five year old. That's called "Assault With A Deadly Weapon" and "Going Armed To The Terror Of The Public" where I'm from. I ask again, are you fucking retarded?

Since I see you aren't a team member and can't read archived threads, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt of not actually being an idiot....

I got home from work and laid down to take a nap. I'm in bed sleeping when I heard something clang in the kitchen. I popped up and listened for a bit. Heard some mumbling and a cabinet door shut. WTF??? My wife and kids are out of town for the next couple days, so I know no one should be in the house. CONDITION RED! BLADE AT 45. MASSIVE ADRENALINE DUMP (I had to clean out my shorts later ).

I grabbed my shotgun and slowly made my way down the hall. I could see the front door was still closed and locked, and that there was no one in the living room, but I was still hearing noises from the kitchen. I kinda curved around the entry to the kitchen with the shotgun at the ready and pounced in yelling "GET YOUR FUCKING HANDS IN THE AIR!". Well, it turned out to be that little five year old kid. He starts laughing thinking its some sort of game.

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:45:30 AM EDT
[#35]
Just wait until he starts playing with matches/lighter  in your or neighbors garage
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:49:41 AM EDT
[#36]
throw him down the driveway
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:51:38 AM EDT
[#37]
The first thing I would do is document all the instances. You will find you will forget some of them when you start discussing the issue with the police or CPS.

Get the neighbors together and write down a list of all the things. This is obviously a case of bad parenting, so I'd go with CPS first, followed by the police or perhaps both at once.

You need to start a paper trail so that in 10 years when this kid has escalated (and he will) at least they have a record of it.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:53:03 AM EDT
[#38]
Beekeeping is actually a good idea.

But, rather modify it to "found a hornets nest and left it just inside the back gate a few days".

Let mother nature drive the fear of the location into the kid.  

With proper securing of the dog so the poor thing doesn't get involved though.

It sounds like this kid doesn't just have neglectful parents, but also a mental problem of some kind too.  Getting CPS involved is probably the best option for all parties.  That call should have been done the second time you found the kid wandering.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#39]
this thread makes me sad....

or angry.  

back when i was a kid (not even that long ago), had i been doing any of this shit (living in semi-rural arkansas), i would have been whipped by whatever adult that found me, and then whipped by my parents again once i got home!!!

and people wonder why this country is going down the tubes, wait till these little shits are old enough to vote.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:02:06 AM EDT
[#40]
If you have an HOA contact them and have the neighbors do the same. The HOA can make their life miserable as well as cost them money.

Dolomite
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#41]
Have you ever seen the "King of The Hill" where the family moves in across the street and the little boy torments Hank to the point to where Hank goes nuts. He rides his bike on Hanks lawn and Hank takes the bike. Well they call the police.

Anyways in the end Hank uses Bobby to torment the neighbors like their child is doing him. I thought it was a smart solution.

Next time they are out washing thier cars or what have you send him over to help. lol

They should get the picture. But you never know.

ETA the name of the episode was "Hanks Bully" Its definitely worth watching.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#42]
CPS, and civil suit.....
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:09:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Id spank the bugger every time you see him. Just do it with no witnesses - his word vs yours. Obviously the parents aren't interested in setting boundaries or rules. His teen years are going to bu F - U - N  FUN!
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:09:59 AM EDT
[#44]
Surely one of those parents who thinks their child can do no wrong and its always someone else' fault, seems to be a few around.  Honestly, the kid could have some kind of disorder.  My neighbors kid up the street is kind of like this.  He has come over from time to time with his parents to pet the cats, but later came back by himself and let himself in the house while I was outside.  I go in to find the kid in my house playing with the cats.  Another time he comes down and states that his parents said I could take him for a ride on my motorcycle around the neighborhood.  Definite no to that one, and it was confirmed by the parents.  It seems he has some learning problems, slow or otherwise,  and some disorder.  Could be something like that.

If the parents don't care the its time to call the state and have a dangerous situation reported.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
today's 5 year old pain in the ass is tomorrow's 15 year old vandal/car thief.  get his ass squared away while it is still possible

ain't the truth...
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:18:08 AM EDT
[#46]
First: Document document document.  Then call CPS, and make it sound way worse than it is.  You've seen the little brat wandering around from time to time naked, bruised, eating out of the trash, stuff like that.  Skirt the edges of the truth, not in any way that you could get in trouble though.

Also:When I was about 10 or so, there was a trespasser in the wooded area behind my house, destroying my dad's plants and lawn decorations - stuff he'd paid money for.  I got my dad's old copy of the Boyscout manual and built every hunting trap I listed, as well as a few that I now read about in the SAS survival guide.  Eventually caught a 6 year old in a pitfall trap, and really pissed off a neighbor who was stealing our firewood.

Your 9 year old son should be able to deal with this little shit pretty quickly and efficiently, given enough leeway.
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 8:22:11 AM EDT
[#47]
Why does society protect moronic parents?

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 9:20:03 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

***EDITED TO ADD***

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

––  Abraham Lincoln

To the rest of you, Thanks for all the advice.  I put the fear of god into him last night.  So far, he hasn't come by today.  I talked to a couple of my other neighbors and told them I called CPS.  They are going to follow my call up with one of their own.  We talked about what some of you have said about ensuring that this kid can't get into anything dangerous, to protect ourselves.  Here's hoping CPS does something before this kid gets hurt.

rr

Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:02:08 AM EDT
[#49]
put some icy hot on his hiney and send him home
Link Posted: 2/24/2009 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Quoted:

***EDITED TO ADD***

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."

––  Abraham Lincoln

To the rest of you, Thanks for all the advice.  I put the fear of god into him last night.  So far, he hasn't come by today.  I talked to a couple of my other neighbors and told them I called CPS.  They are going to follow my call up with one of their own.  We talked about what some of you have said about ensuring that this kid can't get into anything dangerous, to protect ourselves.  Here's hoping CPS does something before this kid gets hurt.

rr

Hmmm, let's see. Your security is so  lax that a five year old was able to break into your house while you're sleeping and play in your kitchen. Then you point a gun at a fvie year old. But I'm the fool?

I stand by my post even though I didn't have access to the archives until a team member explained the "draw down". Not only has a five year old defeated your security, but he has beaten you mentally as well. I'm still the fool though right?

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top