Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:35:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

$215 for an eotech xps3-0.

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?  

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out.

I'm sure if the cashier at McDonald's accidentally slipped you too much change, you'd probably think you deserved it to, right?

Asking a retailer who brings in millions of dollars a yr to honor an advertised price is apparently a crime now!

I think you may be the first example of an "OCCUPY ARFCOM" type that believes that because someone else works hard for their money - you somehow are deserving of it.

Anyone else smell the stench of Entitlement mindset?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
got a few damn good deals from them, especially surefire.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:42:09 PM EDT
[#3]
You can go on with the entitlement bullshit. The facts of the matter are simple;
1. I asked if they would honor the price listed, which is a reasonable request.
2. They denied, which they have the right to do.
3. I'm sharing my personal experiences and taking my business elsewhere, which is my right.

Continue flaming
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:42:13 PM EDT
[#4]
If you were in business would let product go out for less than you paid for it?  You do realize that errors occur from time to time.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:43:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Bates boots?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:43:53 PM EDT
[#6]
My wife and I have a retail biz.
If a paid afvertisor makes a mistake we have a disclaimer
on all ads, plus we are responsible for proofing the ads before publication.

If my wife make a mistake on an ad, at our loss, we honor the ad.

Those of you who cry fowel, read up on the DTPA. look it up.

Those who think a big biz wouldn't do anything like this in order
to get additional business, read and watch the news.
Just the last 5 yrs. there has been big scandals, fines, and
prison sentences for misleading and deceptive biz practices.
Again read up on the DTPA, it was created for a reason.

This could of been an honest mistake, but you still honor your ads.
Fire the person that wrote.
Got nothing to do with getting something for nothing.
A lot of companies run great sales on high ticket items, sometimes at a loss,
hoping that additional items will be purchased along with
the sale item. It's called marketing.
Other companies intentionally run misleading ads hoping
the customer will order additional items, then when their told
it was a mistake on the ad, they hope the customer will say
Ok, and still purchase the additional items.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:45:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You found a $550+ Optic for $215 and your first thought wasn't "This is a mistake"?

You're not entitled to buy an optic at 1/2 price, just because the retailer made a mistake. You didn't "get burned" by the retailer. You tried to take advantage of a mistake and it didn't pan out.

I'm sure if the cashier at McDonald's accidentally slipped you too much change, you'd probably think you deserved it to, right?

They had $250 bates boots for $39.  Who knows why the prices are so low?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#8]

Where I work, if we quote something at a certain price, we can't just go back and up the charge on them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:50:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You run a retail business?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:50:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Solid input.

Just like when Home Depot runs an ad with a misprint in price, they honor it. The business they earn from standing behind their advertising surpasses the money lost on the misprint.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Dude, get out of here with your real world experience and facts!  Can't you see we're flaming OP here?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:52:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Where I work, if we quote something at a certain price, we can't just go back and up the charge on them.

But would you let them take advantage of your store because of the mistake?  Theres a difference.  If OP wanted one then Id side with him.  Because he knew it was a blatant mistake, he tried to take advantage of said mistake so he could profit, and is butthurt because it didnt work.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:55:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
You can go on with the entitlement bullshit. The facts of the matter are simple;
3. I'm sharing my personal experiences and taking my business elsewhere, which is my right.

Continue flaming

The fact that you greedily ordered Eight of them tells me that you were trying to walk out with them under the shopping cart.  They called you on it, and you got Denied.  End of story.   Don't be so greedy next time.

I don't know what a LAPG pays for them, but it's a safe bet that it's less than what you wanted to pay.

Why should they subsidize your hobby?  How is that "reasonable"

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

But would you let them take advantage of your store because of the mistake? Theres a difference. If OP wanted one then Id side with him. Because he knew it was a blatant mistake, he tried to take advantage of said mistake so he could profit, and is butthurt because it didnt work.

Did he?  I must not have read OP since I didn't see him mention that.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:56:07 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm torn on this one.

I told my mobile car wash guy that we no longer needed him after he backcharged me five bucks from a previous wash. I paid him, then told him not to come back. I had 5 fullsize trucks for him to wash every two weeks. He got chicken shit for five bucks.

If I underbid something, I either eat it or forfeit my bid bond. Either way, it makes me more cautious when pricing shit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:56:42 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Continue flaming

The fact that you greedily ordered Eight of them tells me that you were trying to walk out with them under the shopping cart. They called you on it, and you got Denied. End of story. Don't be so greedy next time.

I don't know what a LAPG pays for them, but it's a safe bet that it's less than what you wanted to pay.

Why should they subsidize your hobby? How is that "reasonable"

The fact that he ordered one and seven other friends of his each ordered one tells me you didin't read the thread.

I ordered $250 boots from that site for $39, and emailed 4 of my friends about the deal.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:58:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Continue flaming

The fact that you greedily ordered Eight of them tells me that you were trying to walk out with them under the shopping cart. They called you on it, and you got Denied. End of story. Don't be so greedy next time.

The fact that he ordered one and seven other friends of his each ordered one tells me you didin't read the thread.

I ordered $250 boots from that site for $39, and emailed 4 of my friends about the deal.

Did you get them yet? I'm thinking about it still.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:58:36 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

But would you let them take advantage of your store because of the mistake? Theres a difference. If OP wanted one then Id side with him. Because he knew it was a blatant mistake, he tried to take advantage of said mistake so he could profit, and is butthurt because it didnt work.

Did he?  I must not have read OP since I didn't see him mention that.

Its pretty hard to miss.  $215 Eotech XPS 3-0 that he ordered 8 of.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:59:40 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?!  I'll take three!!!!!!!!

I order 8! Only 3 were for me though.

i might have been with you on one, but 8 of them with 3 for yourself?  
yeah, that sure seems like trying to take advantage of an obvious
misprint imo.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:01:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Continue flaming

3 for himself, fyi

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:04:51 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Continue flaming

Did you get them yet? I'm thinking about it still.

No.  They're probably back ordered.  Buying them means I won't be getting the Thorogoods for a little while.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:05:29 PM EDT
[#22]
I have had nothing but positive experiences ordering 5.11 gear and some miscellaneous close-out items. I even had to send a close-out item back to them for exchange - no problems. They forgot an item in one of my orders. I called and let them know. They confirmed it was on the packing receipt. I told them it wasn't included. They sent one out to me no questions asked.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:07:02 PM EDT
[#23]
It would have been even better if he had gotten 8 Chinese EoTek knock offs.

OP, please allow me to share with you a bit of wisdom that will save you a lot of grief and angst for the rest of your life.

"If it seems too good to be true, it usually is"

This applies to Jobs, Women, Gun related trinkets, damned near everything.   It's an inescapable truism of life, along with death and taxes.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:13:09 PM EDT
[#24]
To the people who say there are better places than LA Police Gear, where do you go?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:16:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
To the people who say there are better places than LA Police Gear, where do you go?

Botach.  

Seriously though, if you google the item you want, you can usually find some no-name place that has it cheaper.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:21:08 PM EDT
[#26]
I'll take that as a note to never order from them.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 1:54:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Obviously OP should have just assumed that LAPoliceGear didn't have their shit together. Yeah they advertised an item on their website at a certain price and OP ordered it. That doesn't mean they are supposed to fulfill the order. After all, I know that if I see a really good deal advertised I steer clear of it as obviously they have made a mistake. I pay the full price for anything I buy if not above market rate, that way I don't take advantage of anyone.

Like the EE example. If I were to mistakenly offer to high a price on something that was selling on the EE, I could just say "never mind I didn't mean to do that" with no negative repercussions. I'm sure I could agree to a deal and then decide the next day it was a bad idea and cancel everything without another word being spoken of it.

LAPOLICEGEAR advertised items for sale at a particular price and accepted the OP's order for that item at that price. Now they are going back on that. OP may or may not be able to take them to court over it but they made a cost benefit analysis. Fulfilling the orders despite THEIR MISTAKE would have cost them money. Cancelling the orders doesn't cost money but it harms their reputation. They chose the second option and OP is letting us know what happened and that he is unimpressed with them. I was on the fence about them but it seems like a few people in this thread have had negative experiences with them. I have to conclude LAPOLICEGEAR doesn't have their shit together and when you place and order with them it may or may not end up being a headache.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:05:39 PM EDT
[#28]

I've bought from them on a couple of occasions. Last time I bought a light for my one handgun and it was supposed to come with 20 free batteries. Sure enough, the package arrives and... no extra batteries.

So, I email them right away, and you know what those bastards had the nerve to do? Apologize and send me the batteries!

I know, right?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:13:09 PM EDT
[#29]
I've never had a problem with them.  Ordered boots, close-out items, etc and never had issues.

In fact I got my $39 Bates boots today.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:32:26 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry, OP, you fail at ethics and want to whine about it here?

You ordered 8?

Wow.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:33:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Hmm, I just got my Marine corps seconds Bates boots and a Maxpedition velcro holster attachment from them. Everything looks fine.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:35:50 PM EDT
[#32]
If something looks too good to be true it probably is - or made in China/fake.

eta - Ive never had any problems with LApolice gear, found some really good deals there, and if they made a mistake would still do business with them.

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:39:02 PM EDT
[#33]
Wait so, you are telling us that because somebody made a huge glaring mistake pricing an item that they bought and were trying to sell, should sell to you (who has incurred zero loss) a significantly discounted item at a loss (to them) because  you feel you are entitled to it because you seen in and ordered it before they could fix it?

Shocking.  

Another thread where stupid people out themselves......
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:44:07 PM EDT
[#34]
I've never had a problem with them in any of my orders over the years.

Please don't let that stop you gentlemen from beating your chests about how butt hurt you are, I'm just saying I have NEVER had any problem at all.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:45:59 PM EDT
[#35]
I see no problem with the OP getting upset over this and taking his business elsewhere.

I see no problem with LApoilcegear not honoring the mistake.

I am not taking sides as I see no problem here.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:48:31 PM EDT
[#36]
Skimmed OP, didn't read thread.

I have ordered once, a pair of tough gloves - they had the best price. I received the gloves a few days ago. They fit.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 2:56:29 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Just a matter of time before someone calls you an Occupy scum, morally bankrupt or facilitator for the self-entitled.

None of which is valid or sensible.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:08:23 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Above.

I don't even know why I click on these threads anymore.

I had my own negative run in with LA Police gear but after reading your stupid rant I feel more inclined to kick them some business this X mas. . . . . . had you bought one I could have sympathized but purchasing 8 lets everyone reading to know you were deliberately trying to take advantage of an obvious mistake.

The fact you called them up and bitched is ridiculous, were you hoping for a 10$ off coupon code or are you just a crotchety old man with nothing better to do?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:09:40 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How was the item advertised?

One of their count down price things only offered for a few minutes.
on a sale like this I can see an item offered for a very low price and I wonder if OP had ordered one if they would have honored it?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#40]
If this had been a private transaction and the seller welched or tried to change the terms of a deal after an agreement had been struck then I could see being upset and accusing them of "going back on the deal." If pricing is entered incorrectly into an inventory database, then that's a bit different. The online ordering system is going to run a protocol when you hit submit and it is going to begin to process the order at that time. Most of us have been in line at the supermarket or a department store and been told that the pricing for an item was incorrect. The adjustment is made; the actual price is rung up; we pay the actual price; life goes on.

They will still get my business.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:25:11 PM EDT
[#41]
So I am an entitled asshole when PSA has blemed lowers for sale and I scoop up 8?  Seems like someone knew what price they were putting in for the Eothingy and didn't bother to change it to the correct price...or SKYNET is up and running and we're all doomed.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:26:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
We need to do something about this plague of computer glitches lowering prices all over the internet.  

CTD to the rescue!

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:27:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The whole "I will never do business with you again" is just absolutely laughable. Do you think they care? If they offered the XPS3-0 for $350 on sale price you would absolutely be buying from them.

When I take my ball and go home, I fucking well take my ball and go home.

CTD is dead to me in this way.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:36:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
So I am an entitled asshole when PSA has blemed lowers for sale and I scoop up 8?  Seems like someone knew what price they were putting in for the Eothingy and didn't bother to change it to the correct price...or SKYNET is up and running and we're all doomed.

A blemed lower is A LOT different than an Optic at over 50% off a good retail price...
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 3:38:36 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A blemed lower is A LOT different than an Optic at over 50% off a good retail price...

Not if it's listed as a special sale item as they presented it.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:04:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whats with the eyes, you IQ showing?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:07:09 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a comment based on spelling and grammar but I didnt realize it was a mobile post until just now.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:10:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not if it's listed as a special sale item as they presented it.

Actually it is.  A blemed lower is a grade reduction because of a failed standard, thus the decrease in price.  The optic was "supposedly" a special sale on an item that typically retails in the low $500s.  NIB, nothing wrong with it.  You still not see a difference?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:14:25 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a comment based on spelling and grammar but I didnt realize it was a mobile post until just now.

Well I was hoping to edit this before any other post.
I always make roll my eyes at Internet arguments.
Kind of pointless.
I did the typos on purpose to make a point about shit happens, but be a stand up business and take care of your customers.
I'm also apologizing for my IQ  comment, two martini's already, lol.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:19:04 PM EDT
[#50]
OP You lose!

retailer has right to charge whatever they want. Advertisements are mere invitations to deal. They are not offers.

Ive ordered from them once. They are super slow shipping items out. Although, they have great deals on 5.11 stuff.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top