Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Wonder how many cases are going to get set for trial?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:14:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
"Comp Time" is the biggest scam ever.  You get "paid in time" that you worked over and above your scheduled hours.  Most localities have hiring freezes..so you never get fresh new bodies, so...you guessed it....you never get to USE THE DAMN TIME THAT YOU "EARN"––-thusly, you work for NOTHING.

I get comp time...and I use it every time that I go on AT for the Guard...or if I want to cut out of work an hour or two early on a slow day...

I'm OK with it...as long as I get to use it.

If I can't use it...well then...the work cell phone and laptop stay home and I go home on time...
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:19:13 PM EDT
[#3]
LAPD should get their overtime out of the welfare bucket.  I may have my issues with some LEOs, but they should be fairly compensated for ALL hours worked before one single welfare check/card is issued.  Priorities, welfare or a police force?  That is a simple choice.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#4]
My agency does either OT or Comp time, your choice. I never take comp time because I would literally only get 2 days every 8 weeks where I could cash it in. Those 2 days would also be fought for against many other guys who are much more senior to me .

I'll take a 1.5x pay rate all day!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 6:59:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Bastards want to get paid for putting on and taking off their uniform. Greedy fucking bastards. I have no problem doing that (unpaid) when Im on duty.

What do you do?  Can you wear your COMPLETE uniform to/from work?  If people see you on the street in your uniform do people demand you help them or possibly try to kill you simply because of the uniform?

Brian
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:22:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Bastards want to get paid for putting on and taking off their uniform. Greedy fucking bastards. I have no problem doing that (unpaid) when Im on duty.

What do you do?  Can you wear your COMPLETE uniform to/from work?  If people see you on the street in your uniform do people demand you help them or possibly try to kill you simply because of the uniform?

Brian

Actually I think he's the popo too.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:43:21 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I am not the one to be sympathetic to pay issues.

My company has never given me a raise.

I am in sales- you want to make more??  Fucking sell more.  Period.

I can't really see why people automatically expect to get paid more for the same work.

Cost of living? I am a CO and it doesn't matter how many inmates I have to babysit, I get paid the same. So, according to you... I should make the same the first year as I do when I am year 10?
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
LAPD has agreed to a 2-year contract with no pay increase. That's no surprise, nobody should be getting a pay raise in this economy. What is surprising is they agreed to no monetary compensation for overtime. Instead they will get "paid" for overtime worked in comp time. Thats going to be a huge hit for the OT whores.

The bigger issue is will the supervisors ever let them use the comp time? Hey Sarge, i worked so much overtime the last couple months I've got 80 hours of comp time..can I have the next two weeks off?

"LAPD officials say it could take at least six months before they know how the changes will affect those who work the most overtime hours, such as homicide detectives, patrol officers who make arrests late in their shift and officers with lengthy court appearances.

"Will it affect deployment? Yes, sir. It's going to affect deployment," said Rhonda Sims-Lewis, bureau chief for the LAPD's administrative and technical services bureau. "We will have people taking more days off."

I just got a 3 percent pay raise.  Does that make me a bad person?  Yes I am payed by the tax payers.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#9]
good. should pay them in cheese and KY coupons. what, er um never mind I come from the land down under.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:54:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
My work just eliminated comp time saying it was bad. Back to OT.

I would be happy with either. We "flex" during the 40 hr week,
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:57:54 PM EDT
[#11]
I got a raise 4 months ago and will be getting a bonus this year. Just have to be in the right profession.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:57:58 PM EDT
[#12]
They did the comp-time only thing at work. One guy was a huge comp time whore, took everything that was available. Last summer he took June & July off and he's taking off December for his birthday.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:01:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:
LAPD has agreed to a 2-year contract with no pay increase. That's no surprise, nobody should be getting a pay raise in this economy. What is surprising is they agreed to no monetary compensation for overtime. Instead they will get "paid" for overtime worked in comp time. Thats going to be a huge hit for the OT whores.

The bigger issue is will the supervisors ever let them use the comp time? Hey Sarge, i worked so much overtime the last couple months I've got 80 hours of comp time..can I have the next two weeks off?

"LAPD officials say it could take at least six months before they know how the changes will affect those who work the most overtime hours, such as homicide detectives, patrol officers who make arrests late in their shift and officers with lengthy court appearances.

"Will it affect deployment? Yes, sir. It's going to affect deployment," said Rhonda Sims-Lewis, bureau chief for the LAPD's administrative and technical services bureau. "We will have people taking more days off."

I just got a 3 percent pay raise.  Does that make me a bad person?  Yes I am payed by the tax payers.

So did I it starts in Jan.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:31:53 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm sorry to hear that so many of you seem to get the shaft with comp time. I effin love my comp time.

We can bank 480 and sell or use any ammount at any time. I can show up to work at 0800 and leave on comp time at 0801, even if it creates overtime. If I want 10 days off on a row of comp all I have to do is fill out the sheet. I can also sell it whenever I want and get it on the next payday. The ONLY restriction is that blocks of sold or used time must be a minimum of 4 hours.

People frequently use 4 hours to go to a kids ball game or things like that, often creating 4 hours of overtime that I work to score 6 more hours of comp time
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:34:50 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'm sorry to hear that so many of you seem to get the shaft with comp time. I effin love my comp time.

We can bank 480 and sell or use any ammount at any time. I can show up to work at 0800 and leave on comp time at 0801, even if it creates overtime. If I want 10 days off on a row of comp all I have to do is fill out the sheet. I can also sell it whenever I want and get it on the next payday. The ONLY restriction is that blocks of sold or used time must be a minimum of 4 hours.

People frequently use 4 hours to go to a kids ball game or things like that, often creating 4 hours of overtime that I work to score 6 more hours of comp time

You are better off than most people.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:37:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Bastards want to get paid for putting on and taking off their uniform. .

There is more to it than that.

A LOT more....think vehicle prep, fuel, searching car, reviewing previous shift's events, going over intel notices, etc.

It isn't like you just put on a shirt with a badge on it and head out the door

I know how it is, I still do the job, just part-time. We refuel, and do briefings/intel ON THE CLOCK. Vehicle prep is done by a service and washing the car is a no biggie. Now, perhaps in other Depts its different but in mine its not an issue.

Good for you. Here you are considered a buddy fucker if you don't show up 20-30 minutes early/unpaid to do vehicle inspection, armory, etc., so that you can bump prior shift on-time. I expect the same when it comes to getting my bump.

What exactly is comp time anyway? Is it like "personnel time?" All I have is sick leave and AL. Wouldn't mind having personnel time in the bank.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:38:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I am not the one to be sympathetic to pay issues.

My company has never given me a raise.

I am in sales- you want to make more??  Fucking sell more.  Period.

I can't really see why people automatically expect to get paid more for the same work.

Cost of living? I am a CO and it doesn't matter how many inmates I have to babysit, I get paid the same. So, according to you... I should make the same the first year as I do when I am year 10?

He's an idiot.

If he sells stuff, the priee of that stuff goes up every year. If he gets paid a percentage of the price of what he sells. his commision, as in cash per sale, has gone up over time.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:42:46 PM EDT
[#18]
No raise for my agency this year, but we did get a $500 Christmas bonus and new Springfield Armory 1911 pistols.  Yes the pistols are ours to keep and will be engraved with our badge numbers.  This is part of our FOP contract.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:48:34 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No raise for my agency this year, but we did get a $500 Christmas bonus and new Springfield Armory 1911 pistols. Yes the pistols are ours to keep and will be engraved with our badge numbers. This is part of our FOP contract.

http://i606.photobucket.com/albums/tt145/hp3deputy/star.jpg

That's actually pretty cool.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:49:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
No raise for my agency this year, but we did get a $500 Christmas bonus and new Springfield Armory 1911 pistols. Yes the pistols are ours to keep and will be engraved with our badge numbers. This is part of our FOP contract.

That's actually pretty cool.

I think so too.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:54:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
No raise for my agency this year, but we did get a $500 Christmas bonus and new Springfield Armory 1911 pistols.  Yes the pistols are ours to keep and will be engraved with our badge numbers.  This is part of our FOP contract.  

Awesome!
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 8:59:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Awesome!

all the way to the bank bro.

I never got cool stuff when I was a Deputy Sheriff.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:03:24 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Really...........no one in this economy should be getting a raise?  Screw you.  You go put your life on the line every day like them and me and all of my other brothers and sisters in the LE community and then lets hear what you say.  Especially when the fucking dems want to keep raising taxes and the taxes I pay go to my own wages.  

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:15:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

That how it basically works at my dept.  When I get back to the substation I fill out either a CT card or OT-pay card, whatever way the coin falls that night.  
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:36:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Really...........no one in this economy should be getting a raise?  Screw you.  You go put your life on the line every day like them and me and all of my other brothers and sisters in the LE community and then lets hear what you say.  Especially when the fucking dems want to keep raising taxes and the taxes I pay go to my own wages.  

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top