Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:46:06 PM EDT
[#1]
I consider them my retirement account !!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:50:53 PM EDT
[#2]
My daughter turned 4 on Friday,best thing that ever happened to me
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:58:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I was wary of having just one and did.  That said, I love my son like no other and would kill for him.  However, I'm done.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 2:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]

Got 2 of 'em, no regrets at all!
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:03:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Being a dad is the best thing that ever happened to me

daughter, 24
son, 21
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
In before not wanting kids = selfish.

There is a transsexual guy...thing... whatever... at work that said he didn't want kids because he was too selfish. He decided to go to Thailand and have his penis inverted or whatever they do to it.

I told him that I believe having kids was the most selfish thing anyone could ever possibly do. I basically was SO selfish that I created another me. Plus, they bring unimaginable joy and hope to my life AND that I don't regret having children one bit.

He replied.. "Hm... hadn't really thought about it like that."

I thought to myself, "Yea, probably not the first time you didn't really think about something."

-3D
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:10:38 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
24, single, and planning on getting sterilized in the not-too-distant future.

I hate the little bastards.  Every time I'm around one of the squawling little brats I keep hoping they'll run into something and fall over.  I don't like the sounds they make, the way they smell, how useless and helpless they are, what a drag and a drain they are on the financial and personal freedom of their parents.  Simply having created a life doesn't mean its worthy of love, and I could NEVER love any offspring I had because of the way they stole my freedom.  Even when children are doing things I know that intellectually I should find cute, I can't stand them and don't understand the people who can.  Further, their introduction into a marriage destroys the closeness of the parents and loads an additional chamber or two in the Russian Roulette revolver of divorce for men.

I prefer rats to children.

That said, some 18yo girls look nice.

Yeah, you seem pretty stable.

Nothing I posted is anything more than personal preference or my own cynical observation.  I am stable.  I just hate children.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]
The only reason we exist is to spread our genes.  Sounds terrible, but those that don't have failed and become Darwin award winners.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:13:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The only reason we exist is to spread our genes.  Sounds terrible, but those that don't have failed and become Darwin award winners.

Trailer trash welfare cases are apparently the fittest to survive. Sad, but true.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:15:59 PM EDT
[#10]
My kids are the world and more to me. They are not a burden in any way to me and have only made my life more complete. I have 4 daughters and one grand son. When I was younger I didnt want kids or anything to do with them so I can see many posters points about not having kids. Guess something changed my mind and have never looked back and no regrets.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
I'd like to have kids but I'm only 20 and have other things to do in the next few years.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:21:28 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Trailer trash welfare cases are apparently the fittest to survive. Sad, but true.

The "fuck like rabbits or you fail" model of biological fitness ignores population genetics and sociality, which have a tremendous impact in a species like ours. That's not even bringing something like memetics (for want of a better, less-controversial term for the idea of idea-reproduction) into the picture.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:28:16 PM EDT
[#13]
i have 4. 15 year old girl,and 14, 12, and getting ready to turn 4 year old boys. never a dull moment.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:31:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The "fuck like rabbits or you fail" model of biological fitness ignores population genetics and sociality, which have a tremendous impact in a species like ours. That's not even bringing something like memetics (for want of a better, less-controversial term for the idea of idea-reproduction) into the picture.

I'd say those things are secondary to sheer reproduction, as far as successful survivability of a species goes.

Look how successful parasites of all kinds are.  Doesn't just apply to nematodes and mosquitoes, it seems.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:42:19 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm glad I don't have kids.  I'd be working my arse off trying to pay for college and with my luck, the kid would want to study art or something else that wouldn't land a job.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Have 2, and want 10 more.  We are going to stop at 2 though.  I was happy with one until the best accident happened almost 10 years later.  Now, we are at a point where having another, I would be getting close to retirement before it would move out.

I'm gonna hope for LOTS of grandkids.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:54:35 PM EDT
[#17]
I lead an active lifestyle. I travel a lot, love to have fun, have friends that are active like me......and I just don't feel the need to ever had kids around. I don't want to give up the way I live in trade for taking care of someone else for the rest of my life.  Kids are just not right for some people..and I am one of them.  I have tons of friends that have kids...and even though they try to always convince me of how great they are, and how I need to get married and have kids......I have seen what happened to their lives when they had kids. They went from going on adventurous trips, and having a blast enjoying their lives....to turning into fat, depressed, homebody's that never do anything fun anymore.

I value my time, money, independence,  and freedom way to much to have my life bogged down by kids.....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:00:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep...ghetto types, illegals, etc too.  Sucks.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:07:23 PM EDT
[#19]
If you need to ask, you are not worthy to have them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:47:48 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

What are your feelings about pro-creation?

I think pro-creating feels GREAT!

<- number 6 is in the oven.

Here's the first 5 at Thankgiving.  The one in the middle got his 1st deer last year with an AR I built for him.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#21]
I'd like to one day.  May not work out that way, but it is a nice thought.  
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:53:36 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I lead an active lifestyle. I travel a lot, love to have fun, have friends that are active like me......and I just don't feel the need to ever had kids around. I don't want to give up the way I live in trade for taking care of someone else for the rest of my life.  Kids are just not right for some people..and I am one of them.  I have tons of friends that have kids...and even though they try to always convince me of how great they are, and how I need to get married and have kids......I have seen what happened to their lives when they had kids. They went from going on adventurous trips, and having a blast enjoying their lives....to turning into fat, depressed, homebody's that never do anything fun anymore.

Yeah...I've never done anything fun, adventurous or enjoyable since having kids...  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:13:50 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah...I've never done anything fun, adventurous or enjoyable since having kids...  

yeah, I was going to ask him if he had noticed your pics.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:24:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Kids are wonderful. They're fun, beautiful, worthwhile little reflections of humanity. I love them. I love having friends with kids. Then I can play with them, hang out with them, clean up, and go home.

When I met my SO, I fell in love with him. I like spending every spare moment with him. Not him and a pack of kids. Maybe someday I will end up a mother. I'm in no hurry. I'm young, my ovaries aren't on the verge of drying up, and I have a whole world to explore and enjoy before settling down.

Also, I refuse to have a kid unless I have a stable, comfortable environment for them to live in. I don't own a house, we both work to make ends meet... and I want any kid I have to have that one thing I never did have - stability.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:27:00 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

I simply cannot see bringing a child into THIS world, when every day I wake up and turn on the tv wondering "Well, is DC burning today?" or "Are the ghetto goblins rioting in town today?"

No, cannot do it. 20 years ago sure, but today I cannot see putting a child in a position of "Ok son/daughter, I am gonna send a few rounds toward them to distract them, when I do I want you to run to X and provide cover fire for me"

Anti anxiety or anti depression medication might make things clearer for you if you really feel that way.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:40:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I feel I'm to old to have kids outside of adoption. Kids are a mixed bag, sometimes they can make you laugh, sometimes they make you cry, then
other times you may wish to sell them off.

It really is human nature to procreate. Children also are like pets in a way. They make you get of your lazy ass and go do things>
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:55:01 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:56:43 PM EDT
[#28]
Love mine and they are my greatest source of joy and work and worry. But wouldn't go a day without them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 5:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I hate kids they should all be aborted

Troll much?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:00:32 PM EDT
[#30]
I'm 22 so I don't have kids and I am glad not to have them.  I don't want kids, but maybe that's the selfish part of my youth saying that... I don't know. If it's meant to be, it's meant to be. I could say that I don't want to bring anyone else into this fucked up world, but people have been calling this world fucked up for 100 years. And if no one has kids...who is going to fix it?
Getting way too deep for my thoughts lol, I don't have any kids, nor do I plan on having any any time soon
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:03:13 PM EDT
[#31]
It is our duty to have children...

Our masters need more slaves.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:05:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My kids are the greatest thing that ever happened to me.

I stopped at two because I felt like I could provide a comfortable life for two kids.

If I were rich, my wife would stay pregnant.

Kids are a blessing.

Sums up me as well though we are pretty much at the end of that time where women should reconsider pregnancy due to autism risks.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:05:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:06:53 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

If you truly believe that, then the real issue is that our mental health system is failing its duty,

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:12:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah, I was going to ask him if he had noticed your pics.

I'm not talking about kids/family camping trips a few times a year.....I'm talking about adventurous stuff that you don't (and shouldn't) take kids with you to do.  

Take a look through any adventure travel magazine of your choice...how many people do you see on the side of a mountain, kayaking down some hairy rapids, jumping out of a plane, exploring some far off town in the jungle, backpacking through Europe, snowboarding down some huge untouched slopes........with their kids in tow?  NONE.....not because you can't, but because it's risky, and kids shouldn't be exposed to that kind of stuff.  GOOD parents knock that stuff off when they have kids....and I don't want to give that up.....for something that I don't want.  I'm out having fun and living life every weekend....all the time.  I don't have to take care of anyone, and life is great!

Some people just have a hard time believing that people can have a great life without kids.  The hundreds of thousands of dollars that I'm saving is going to be well spent on having fun!  

I'm not arguing.....I'm stating a fact. I don't want kids..it's as simple as that.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:18:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Some of you guys need serious psychiatric help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:20:14 PM EDT
[#38]
Some of you guys are just some nasty cusses.

I have 3 boys and there is nothing better in the world than having them tell you that they love you.  I would kill for each and every one of them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:21:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm not talking about kids/family camping trips a few times a year.....I'm talking about adventurous stuff that you don't (and shouldn't) take kids with you to do.  

Take a look through any adventure travel magazine of your choice...how many people do you see on the side of a mountain, kayaking down some hairy rapids, jumping out of a plane, exploring some far off town in the jungle, backpacking through Europe, snowboarding down some huge untouched slopes........with their kids in tow?  NONE.....not because you can't, but because it's risky, and kids shouldn't be exposed to that kind of stuff.  GOOD parents knock that stuff off when they have kids....and I don't want to give that up.....for something that I don't want.  I'm out having fun and living life every weekend....all the time.  I don't have to take care of anyone, and life is great!

Some people just have a hard time believing that people can have a great life without kids.  The hundreds of thousands of dollars that I'm saving is going to be well spent on having fun!  

I'm not arguing.....I'm stating a fact. I don't want kids..it's as simple as that.

I have no problem with you not wanting kids, but your reason is a cop-out.  I know LOTS of people who have kids who do all that stuff, or their own preferred versions of it.  They don't take their kids along for all of it, but they still manage to do a bunch of adventurous things.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:28:23 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I consider them my retirement account !!

Weird, I am not having any to assure I have a retirement account.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:34:56 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just making the point that I hesitate to bring a child into "this" world.

I plan on having lot's of kids in the next life.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:37:37 PM EDT
[#42]
Not for me.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I am forced to reiterate...get psychological help.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:38:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I was on the fence before having kid's and my wife was pretty adamant about HAVING kids.  I went along with her wishes.  4 kids later, I will say.........You have not fully experienced everything life has to offer until you have raised children.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:47:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And I am forced to reiterate...get psychological help.

So, in your world view, anyone that decides to forgo having kids is insane?  I'm 33, plenty of time to make my mind up.  Lighten up
Francis.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:49:06 PM EDT
[#46]
No kids. We wish we could have had one but... I guess it wasn't in the big plan.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:51:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
No kids. We wish we could have had one but... I guess it wasn't in the big plan.

Lot's of kids needing adoption.  

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:52:14 PM EDT
[#48]
I have kids and wouldn't change a thing as they are best thing that's ever happened to me.  My only regret is that I didn't have them a little earlier in life, probably would have had one more if I had.  They can bring a smile to my face quicker than anything else in this world.  Are they time consuming, demanding, and require a lot of attention.... yes, but the returns can not be matched by anythng.  Now granted, they are only 3 and 6 so I may change my tune when they hit the teens .
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:55:26 PM EDT
[#49]
I have a kid and am glad I do.  I always thought I would have kids one day but never put too much thought into it.  Now that I have a kid I feel it's the best thing that has ever happened to me.  My kid has made me a better person, especially in the area of patience and forgiveness.
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 6:55:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I didn't want kids until I had them, and now I can say without reservation that it's the best thing ever

Well said.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top