Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:59:37 PM EDT
[#1]
cat-mechanic

I know you said one vote, but SOTD was more of a joke......

Quoted:
I'll vote for myself.

Compelling story.

Have a daughter with leukemia. been dealing with that for 2 years now. Was finally getting everything turned around, you know credit cards paid off, bought a house for less than I was renting for, been in the house for about a year now. Just got laid off from my job of 6 years. Having a hard time just sitting around the house and could use some BOTD to look at, might help my spirits a little.

Besides that I keep cruising the interstate and I can't find NineLivez and his trucker cat anywhere.

And yes I really do have a daughter with cancer and yes I really did lose my job.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 7:59:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:00:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll throw my hat in the ring, even though I'm like one of 10 folks here on ARFCOM that aren't from Texas, I figure that shouldn't be held against me.

Edit:
I've also got lot's of good quality pics for the BOTD forum if I'm ever to become a member.  

Prove it, and send me TWO.

will u vote for me if i send you 2 pics?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Lol sorry man

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:01:53 PM EDT
[#5]
 I would be willing to wager that this dapper gentleman can't be beat.

Just look at the swagger, the confidence he puts John Wayne to shame. Good trigger discipline too.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol sorry man

did you see that?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:02:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'll vote for myself.

Compelling story.

Have a daughter with leukemia. been dealing with that for 2 years now. Was finally getting everything turned around, you know credit cards paid off, bought a house for less than I was renting for, been in the house for about a year now. Just got laid off from my job of 6 years. Having a hard time just sitting around the house and could use some BOTD to look at, might help my spirits a little.

Besides that I keep cruising the interstate and I can't find NineLivez and his trucker cat anywhere.

And yes I really do have a daughter with cancer and yes I really did lose my job.

I'll toss my non-payed for vote to cat-mechanic, for his reasons.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:03:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Looks like chromekilla is first out of the gate and is leading the pack.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:04:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Hmmmm. If said Garand were in my possesion.......hmmmmmm

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:06:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

A vote for Chromekilla, will ensure free beer, botd pics, Ronald Reagan T-shirts, no bama bumper stickers, and ar15s, or 1911's for everyone!!!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
gribble

I vote me because I have one of the lowest post counts per time spent on the forum, despite this being my only ARFCOM account.  That way you know your membership won't be wasted with +1's and IBTL's.  I post when I have something worth saying.  

Plus, at 6'6" and 150lbs, I probably have the highest height to weight ratio here.  This makes me very high speed/low drag, an ARFCOM tactical must!  In true ARFCOM fashion I also consume a pound of bacon a day.  

I can remember when a tape measure was required in all dinner pics.  I also remember the threads about the SEC (Seeing Eye Cat), and when zombie threads were reserved for, and made up a good portion of the GD.  I was here when USGI 30's were considered the shit, because they were the only 30's out there in any real quantity.  When I was 16, I wrote an essay that won me a rifle here.  I remember waiting 30 minutes for a single page to load on September 13, 2004.

As you can see, my heritage is deeply rooted in ARFCOM, and everyone should vote for me because because being a poor bastard shouldn't exclude me from being able to fully enjoy the site that is my Home (page).

Edited to Add:  Vote gribble[/quote

6 foot, 6 inches tall? 150 LBS? You're too skinny to vote for. Eat a turkey neck.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:08:18 PM EDT
[#12]
cmzneb FTW
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#13]
Chromekilla is already annoying me. Instead of a membership, I vote for a lock.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:08:50 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

if you come up here, I might let you hold it
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#15]
freemanesq

gets my vote. That was a lot of good work he did on that thread.
How To - Storing Food in Buckets and #10 Cans
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:10:14 PM EDT
[#16]
poink = my vote

Quoted:
Me....because I am the resident contrarian (or troll according to Max_Mike)

I resemble that remark.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#17]
I vote for me.

I reminded ARFcom that JPFO exists and is actively fighting the good fight.

And it's just not right that DLoken and azmjs have memberships and I don't.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:11:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
gribble

I vote me because I have one of the lowest post counts per time spent on the forum, despite this being my only ARFCOM account.  That way you know your membership won't be wasted with +1's and IBTL's.  I post when I have something worth saying.  

Plus, at 6'6" and 150lbs, I probably have the highest height to weight ratio here.  This makes me very high speed/low drag, an ARFCOM tactical must!  In true ARFCOM fashion I also consume a pound of bacon a day.  

I can remember when a tape measure was required in all dinner pics.  I also remember the threads about the SEC (Seeing Eye Cat), and when zombie threads were reserved for, and made up a good portion of the GD.  I was here when USGI 30's were considered the shit, because they were the only 30's out there in any real quantity.  When I was 16, I wrote an essay that won me a rifle here.  I remember waiting 30 minutes for a single page to load on September 13, 2004.

As you can see, my heritage is deeply rooted in ARFCOM, and everyone should vote for me because because being a poor bastard shouldn't exclude me from being able to fully enjoy the site that is my Home (page).

6 foot, 6 inches tall? 150 LBS? You're too skinny to vote for. Eat a turkey neck.

I eat as much as I can afford to (and no, I am not starving, though money is tight I get enough to make do).  I have always been very skinny.  I just can't gain weight.  I average around 4500 calories a day.  I was at 6800 for a while and it made no difference.  I just burn food as fast as I can take it in.

ETA: I am typing this as I consume my 3rd PB&J this sitting.  Every night I bring bread, peanut butter, jelly, two butter knives, and a plate to the computer desk and make sandwiches while browsing ARFCOM until my mouth is so coated with peanut butter that I can't open it anymore.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:14:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I vote for me.

Who is me?

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
gribble

I eat as much as I can afford to (and no, I am not starving, though money is tight I get enough to make do).  I have always been very skinny.  I just can't gain weight.  I average around 4500 calories a day.  I was at 6800 for a while and it made no difference.  I just burn food as fast as I can take it in.

Let me introduce you to beer
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:15:19 PM EDT
[#21]
a vote for ronmann is a vote for america
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:17:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can we vote against certain candidates?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:17:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'll vote for myself.

Compelling story.

cat-mechanic.

Im not voting for myself anymore, you have my vote.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:17:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
a vote for ronmann is a vote for america

Didn't he die or something close?
Anyway if the dead can vote I see no reason that the living can't vote for the dead.

ronmann= 1 vote.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Let me introduce you to beer

Believe me, I consume my fair share (and maybe then some)
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:19:00 PM EDT
[#26]
I vote for BushmasterGuy77.

I'm a generally nice guy that's always willing to help people out in the forums.

and I have to go back to Iraq any day now (the 13th).

Nathan
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I almost feel sorry for ya, Ropak.  Good luck with this
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:24:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I, too, vote for myself. LAMARBROG
I can be our near-token teenager... So I look like we're diverse or something.
I also wrote up a nice little post in the AR15 magazines section about some of the various magazines... it includes pictures, weights, and other details. It was time consuming and used a set of camera batteries... But it was worth it because I value our friendship.

Let's see... I can also do this cool thing where I half-blink my eye sideways. I drink sweet tea in a 2 quart pitcher because I'm cool like that, and jars are too small to quince by thirst. I'm going to work part-time at a gun shop next year as a school-credit-class while I'm only 17... Definitely makes me awesome. Last year at school, I did a "history" presentation about all the firearms innovations in WWII... I spend 35 minutes, even though there was a 5 minute time limit.
I played a major role in the construction of a SHTF defensive fence around our home... and photoshopped in a gun turret when I posted it here.
I have a hat that is pretty cool... I've shown pictures. It is boxy, and green... I've had it 3 years.
I use apostrophe's correctly. I also know the difference between "to", "too", "two" and "toe". I know the difference between "were", "we're" and "where". Also, "their", "there", and "they're". I know "bullet" vs "cartridge", and "clip" vs "magazine".
I don't "do" Tapco.
And, I'm rockin' the big shirt.
I eat Raisin Bran...

I play Runescape on occasion.... Not often.... Only when I have nothing better to do. It takes a special dedicated few have to do that... Most people quit by the time they were 13.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:24:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

I'm a generally nice guy that's always willing to help people out in the forums.

Nathan

Your in the running for most Compelling post, along with the others.
I feel this will be a difficult choice on my part to pick just one.

Maybe, I'll just end up buying my way out of this quagmire.

~R

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:28:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I almost feel sorry for ya, Ropak.  Good luck with this

Almost?

Take Care My Friend.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:

if you come up here, I might let you hold it

I have something to hold already!
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:31:21 PM EDT
[#32]
If its 11:30 PM Dec 31 in Texas your sitting on the deck listening to Hank, with a drinking jar of sweet tea and its 12:30 AM Jan 1st in Maine  and you have a New York driver's license that expires Jan 2009, does that mean your license has expired?

If the FBI or JBT breaks your door down and kills your dog do they have to pay damages for it?
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:34:02 PM EDT
[#33]
My place was vandalized today and we still can't afford renters insurance. My floor is still soaked. I have posted the story at a couple other forums and will not post it here. I'm also not voting for myself. I don't own an AR15. The only rife I've been able to afford was an SKS.

I only know a few people here. I found a chat room with a guy named Sub a while ago and that was fun. Now I only have dial up and I can't find where his page is anymore, but he is a cool guy as were several of the people that went there. I found his chat room from here. He plays good music there. If he is not a member I vote for him. He seemed like a down to earth guy who was also down on his luck the last time I was at his site.

I vote for sub something.

I'm sorry sub. I don't remember your user name.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:36:59 PM EDT
[#34]
Im gonna have to say fire02 mainly because my membership lapsed and the fire dept just doesnt pay enough to spend any extra on wants, can barely pay for the needs.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:38:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nathan

~R

that'll be expensive.....but money mostly well spent

ETA: I don't know who i'm voting for...I haven't gotten the best offer yet

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:47:21 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nathan

~R

Perhaps some BOTD Palin's will sway your vote????
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:49:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#38]
Russkie FTMFW!

Please vote for me! I am a nice person and love teh Arfcom.

:)
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:03:04 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can we vote against certain candidates?

No.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:06:06 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nathan

~R

Perhaps some BOTD Palin's will sway your vote????

yeah ummmm nope I think I'll hold off till the end and be the tie breaking vote.....that should in sue a bidding war just like EBay but without the "buy it now" feature

ETA: who are the candidates and whats the vote count thus far
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:08:53 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nathan

~R

I recall you won one of the Just for Fun threads and gave your winnings to another.

~R

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:14:14 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nathan

~R

I recall you won one of the Just for Fun threads and gave your winnings to another.

~R

yes I did and I dont have a troll account so what good was another membership gonna do me?.... besides a nonmember needs it more then I
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:22:20 PM EDT
[#43]
Flogger23m (me)

Why pick me? Because in two months of being a gun owner, I already have got some other non-gun owners interested in firearm ownership. And they all have had zero firearm experience prior.

I live in CA, and dispite this I still went through the trouble to research and get a CA legal AK. And these are the types of firearms I have gotten some friends interested in (AKs, ARs).

It is always good to gain more firearm owenrs, especially ones interested in ARs and AKs. The more we own, the more normal they are. Which = less likely for a ban on them. I did my part, which I would assume is a hard thing to do in CA.

Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:26:11 PM EDT
[#44]
I vote for hannism.

I used a very important post for a chance to win. Hence the post number 666.

I'm a nice guy, and definitely not a troll.

I don't think I've ever had a bad thing to say about anyone here. :)

Plus, I never win. It would feel good to win once.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I vote for hannism.

I used a very important post for a chance to win. Hence the post number 666.

I'm a nice guy, and definitely not a troll.

I don't think I've ever had a bad thing to say about anyone here. :)

Plus, I never win. It would feel good to win once.

post 666 and a loser I would almost vote for you
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:37:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll vote for myself.

Compelling story.

cat-mechanic.

Im not voting for myself anymore, you have my vote.

I'm not voting for myself either, tossing my vote behind Cat-Mechanic as well.  Hope things get better for his daughter and the rest of his family as well.  
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:42:59 PM EDT
[#47]
definately cat-mechanic
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:48:42 PM EDT
[#48]
I am going to vote for a random non-team member that I know has contributed to the site:

shortmag for his DIY thread.

Good pics, good detail.  He is one of the non-team arfers who I know who have added to this site with their work and ingenuity.  I wish I could remember others.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 9:55:37 PM EDT
[#49]
I vote for myself. I deserve a free membership because Glock magazines here cost $45.
Link Posted: 6/10/2009 10:09:07 PM EDT
[#50]
I'd also like to throw in another vote, this one for rollin-hot for his Sig P6 refinish thread here.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top