Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:38:55 PM EDT
[#1]
In before subnet.  Guess you were not a boy scout eh op?
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:38:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:39:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't listen to these first aid guys, they just want to ruin all our funs.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 4:42:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 5:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 6:42:06 PM EDT
[#6]
It's sure fun to read the best and brightest from GD giving advice. Hahah. At least there were a few nuggets that helped me out. Glass sure makes a very clean cut but bled alot (well, I guess I bleed like a stuck pig ). At any rate, that band aid was a temp fix at best, the blood quickly overwhelmed it. But keeping pressure up using bandage butterfly strips stopped the blood from coming out. After a while, it's stopped bleeding. Clotting agent in the body apparently still works. Now I have faint blood under the bandages, but does not appear to be worse.

Now the numbing pain from the burn has actually exceeded the cut. Any idea what i should do with the burn on the hand? No blisters there, but there's reddish blotches on the skin. It doesn't look serious enough to see a doctor, and I'd definite want to avoid medical expenses if I can help it.

Lastly, how do you keep the wound moist and from drying out as mentioned below??

Quoted:
glass should be a very clean cut which will heal quickly if treated properly.

First, recognize if you need professional medical attention.  If the cut went completely through the skin, if anything underneath the skin is cut, or any major blood vessels are cut, get medical attention now.

Otherwise, you want to use butterflies, steri-strips, or similar products to pull the edges of the wound tightly together.  You want a clean wound as much as possible, do not use anything on it other than some saline to flush it out if needed or betadine for antiseptic.  Go all along the length of the cut.  You may need to put direct pressure on the wound for a few minutes to reduce the bleeding enough to be able to do this.  Once you get the sides of the wound all pulled together there should be little remaining bleeding, cover with a bandage to keep it clean and moist to allow it to heal.  Change the bandage if it gets blood soaked or wet, and put a new bandage on.  Do not let the wound dry, "air out" or scab over... keep it covered and moist to fastest healing and minimal scarring.

Link Posted: 11/23/2012 8:24:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top