User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:12:27 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Kahr, S&W 3913, 908, or 4013.

If you have a thing for Beretta, look for a 92 type M, which is a single-stack 92 compact.

Edit: just saw "double-digit capacity".  A SIG P228 with the stamped slide would be slightly lighter and easier to carry than the 229.  Also maybe a S&W 6906.

I see Deej isnt the only one in the family with autism.

There is a reason so many professional LEOs carry SIGs and HKs.  Even GLOCKs shoot  well.  My G26 is much more accurate then my larger guns.  
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 7:31:07 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Before you give up on plastic try a Springfield XD. Points like a 1911. Double diget rounds, both capacity and size. If I do my part, it will hit the 7 to 10 ring every time at 25yrds. A friend can hit the 9,10 ring every time with this gun.
XD40 service
Don't let the Glock color your judgement. I hated mine. Couldn't hit a barn from the inside. Grip angle felt wrong,ect.

I have had almost the same experiences.  For me, my little threesome is a 1911, glock 17 and an original xD [hs2000, no haters, it's a good gun]   I bought the glock based on it's attributes, not because I liked it.  I can shoot ok with it, and I wouldn't hesatate to defend my life with it.  When the HSxD came out, I picked it up as a novelty item, and discovered that the xD, just feels good in my hands.  It is the most comfortable, good feeling gun I have ever owned/felt/known about.  Being a 1911 guy at heart, that bothered me until the AWB sunset and I could get hicaps.   Then all was right in the world...except that I can' shoot the xD worth a damn.  

With a 1911, despite the fact I have had to modify all of mine to fit me, I shoot 80-85% on most IPSC courses.  Reshooting those same courses with the Glock or the xD, I am down in the 50-65% range, with less consistancy.  I can outscore my xD with my glock mostly because of mag capacity [less reloads= better time]  Heck, I can even outscore my xD with my Taurus 99, and I almost never shoot the Taurus.   I have tried and tried to practice with the XD, to learn, to improve, but I just flat can't shoot it as well.  

The Irony is that every single new shooter I have done the xD vs Glock test with, likes the xD better.  Every one.  Of my local Ipsc group, there are alot of xD's around, more than glocks, and the guys seem to like them.

Sorry for being so long winded, I guess the moral of the story is that everybody's hand is different, so the gun that fit's that hand is also different.  The best advice I can give is to seek out your local IPSC crowd www.uspsa.com and look at what they shoot.  Most places, shooters will fall all over themselves to help you out if you want to "try" a particular pistol. Shoot different guns, and hold off making the "what do I buy next" decision for a while.  At some point, you will be inspired by something you see, but don't buy anything you cannot shoot first...

Link Posted: 2/25/2006 2:57:40 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got in from the range, I was feeling poorly as I am not in synch with my Model 83 454 Casull (don't really know why) but I feel much better after hearing about you shooting with the G 22.
Link Posted: 2/25/2006 3:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top