Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It's not always about the money.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odd in these hard economic times that any sensible capitalist wouldnt serve anybody anytime...as long as they paid the bill.

It's not always about the money.

My gripe is what kind of person is willing to force someone to take their business?

I mean shit, if some black dude says to me "I ain't serving' your cracker ass," then I'll never spend a nickle there and tell my friends to avoid it.

But these gheys appear that their desire is to make everyone as fucking miserable as they are.  People should never be forced to do commerce. Period.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:17:44 PM EDT
[#2]
This reminds me of a pie made in 'the help'.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:18:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I didn't see, is he allowed to charge double for the gay couples? He only has to sell to them right? The judge didn't say how much he had to charge.
View Quote

I like it.  Call it "Ladies' Night" pricing.  "We charge per-groom for our wedding cakes."

Everyone likes lesbians, right?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:21:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Why would you purchase a food product from a chef that had reason to hate you?
View Quote
My first thought. No fucking way would I eat that cake.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
I have problems with both parties in this case.

Store owner makes cakes... FUCKING CAKES! If someone wants to pay you money for a cake, take the money and make the damn cake.  Judge not lest you be judged and all that good stuff.

Gay couple wants cake....FUCKING CAKE! Go find someone who wants your money.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:21:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the judge's ruling wont hold up to any actual legal scrutiny. I'm almost positive that any private person or organization has the right to contract or not contract in any way they see fit.
View Quote

On one hand I admire the bake shop owners for their convictions. Isn't this the  the same as refusing on racial basis? Hasn't congress also passed a law against sexual discrimination?  What would happen if a bake shop refused to make a cake for a Christian couple based on their religion?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

View Quote
This has nothing to do with that.

The gays are methodically establishing legal precedent to work their way up to Churches.

They will do this to strip Churches of tax-exempt status, so they can then be destroyed by our government.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:22:48 PM EDT
[#8]
"NOW offering GAY CAKES! Prices start at $10,000, now taking orders for 2016 delivery!"

*Although we strive to provide timely delivery please allow as much as 24 weeks after quoted delivery date before inquiring, all orders must be paid for at the time order is placed.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:23:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

OK then, what say a bunch of baby-rapers come to your store to get stuff for their "marriage" to a 5-year-old girl?  Hey, you can make a profit off it!  

See how that works yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Odd in these hard economic times that any sensible capitalist wouldnt serve anybody anytime...as long as they paid the bill.

Fortunately not everyone has been converted entirely into homo economicus.  There is a lot more to things than just making money.  One does not lose one's moral beliefs simply by opening a business.

I guess I just dont care, you come as a customer and bring money and Ill sell it. Money mixed with politics...is unprofitable for everybody. I dont disagree with the cake shop refusing service but I fail to see any profitable upside to their decision..from a purely business point of view. It is not necessary to like or agree with your customers, just get paid for goods and services.

OK then, what say a bunch of baby-rapers come to your store to get stuff for their "marriage" to a 5-year-old girl?  Hey, you can make a profit off it!  

See how that works yet?

Thats illegal though
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Fabulous!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:23:50 PM EDT
[#11]
I support gay marriage, and this is 100% bullshit, right here.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:28:38 PM EDT
[#12]
This has been done before.....  

A bakery in Gresham, Ore., has shut down after facing escalating attacks from homosexual rights activists, after the Christian couple who owned the bakery declined to create a wedding cake for a lesbian wedding.

"The LGBT protestors then turned on other wedding vendors around the community. They threatened to boycott any florists," Fox News reported, "wedding planners or other vendors that did business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa."

“That tipped the scales,” Aaron Klein told Fox News. “The LGBT activists inundated them with phone calls and threatened them. They would tell our vendors, ‘If you don’t stop doing business with Sweet Cakes by Melissa, we will shut you down.’”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865586195/Oregon-bakery-shuts-down-after-gay-rights-attacks.html
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

See how that works yet?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fortunately not everyone has been converted entirely into homo economicus.  There is a lot more to things than just making money.  One does not lose one's moral beliefs simply by opening a business.

I guess I just dont care, you come as a customer and bring money and Ill sell it. Money mixed with politics...is unprofitable for everybody. I dont disagree with the cake shop refusing service but I fail to see any profitable upside to their decision..from a purely business point of view. It is not necessary to like or agree with your customers, just get paid for goods and services.

See how that works yet?

Your poor deluded 13err...

First off did I say I was in favour of gay marraige? No I specifically didnt post an opinion other that I thought it was a bad move for a business to make. If you want to turn your business into a political podium be prepared for the results either way. Interesting strawman you make though that actually we need to consider vile pederasts who may wish to buy cake to. Yet I cant recall anywhere in North America where child marriages are legal other than perhaps in some extreme Mormon rural areas in UTAH or BC Canada. So i think perhaps its unlikely that baby rapers will show up to buy cake for their weddings.

Why dont the cake makers who are in business to make cakes, stick to making cakes. If they wish to make a principled stand than do so at the ballot box, or to your local politician or stand out in front of city hall with a large sign. But to do so in a place you do business in is myopic at best.  Many of you who think principles come before profit clearly have never run a business. Many customers will come to a business that people will find disagreeable, ultimately if they aren't rude, cause trouble and pay the bill what is the problem? you see in business your purpose is to serve your customer....not like them or agree with their politics.

Now if the bakers wanted to be politicians and not cake makers well then thats awhole nother matter...

I just dont see this as an issue worthy of either side for such a mountain to die on.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:30:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Private property rights, not even once.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:30:48 PM EDT
[#15]
In to witness locks and bans
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:33:51 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Thats illegal though
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that works yet?

Thats illegal though

You mean like faggot "marriage" used to be, in ALL 50 states, until a small, tireless minority relentlessly agitated (with the help of the usual "useful idiots") until they got their way?  Slippery slope, gentlemen, slippery slope...
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:33:54 PM EDT
[#17]
It doesn't matter what he does to the cake. I'm sure no one will be eating it. This is just being done out of spite.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:35:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Replace "gay" with "black and tell me you still think that's true.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm pretty sure the judge's ruling wont hold up to any actual legal scrutiny. I'm almost positive that any private person or organization has the right to contract or not contract in any way they see fit.

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:36:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

You mean like faggot "marriage" used to be, in ALL 50 states, until a small, tireless minority relentlessly agitated (with the help of the usual "useful idiots") until they got their way?  Slippery slope, gentlemen, slippery slope...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that works yet?

Thats illegal though

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:37:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
This has been done before.....  

A bakery in Gresham, Ore., has shut down after facing escalating attacks from homosexual rights activists, after the Christian couple who owned the bakery declined to create a wedding cake for a lesbian wedding.

"The LGBT protestors then turned on other wedding vendors around the community. They threatened to boycott any florists," Fox News reported, "wedding planners or other vendors that did business with Sweet Cakes By Melissa."

“That tipped the scales,” Aaron Klein told Fox News. “The LGBT activists inundated them with phone calls and threatened them. They would tell our vendors, ‘If you don’t stop doing business with Sweet Cakes by Melissa, we will shut you down.’”

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865586195/Oregon-bakery-shuts-down-after-gay-rights-attacks.html
View Quote

This is entirely different.

I disagree with government forcing businesses to serve any group of people, be they black, white, gay etc.

But, if a community acts to boycott a business whose owners act in a disgraceful immoral way, to the extent that they have to shut down, then that is a good thing. If white people boycotted a business because they refused to serve blacks, and that business cannot continue, that is how society should be changed. Capitalism at it's finest!
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:37:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

Not according to antidescrimination law.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:41:15 PM EDT
[#22]

So now anti gun store owners cant discriminate againt concealed carry customers?

dont image search google for penis cake

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:41:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the St. Louis Craig's List Rants and Raves section there have been a few cooks/chefs/wait staff who have posted pictures of what they do to a customer's food when they get pissed off.  One was called the "Floor-n-tine".  It was a pic of a steak on a tiled kitchen floor with somebody's shoe stepping on it.

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:43:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Be a shame if the cake maker "accidentally" used salt instead of sugar when he makes their cake.  
View Quote

This I like.
The judge says he must serve the fluffy bunnies.
But he didn't say what recipe has to be used.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:44:52 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The gays are methodically establishing legal precedent to work their way up to Churches.

They will do this to strip Churches of tax-exempt status, so they can then be destroyed by our government.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

BINGO!

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:45:05 PM EDT
[#26]
I will bake them a cake, made out of dog shit and chocolate.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:46:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

Gay/Black not that long ago.........

I still remember seeing 'Colored' & 'White' drinking facets and bathrooms in Government Building in Arkansas........
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

I couldn't give two shits about "law" or what is "lawful".

You do realize that in 1857, nine robed white men said it was the law that one man could still own another man.

You do realize that, right?

law =/= just =/= right

EDIT:  to fix quote tree
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:52:52 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

First off did I say I was in favour of gay marraige? No I specifically didnt post an opinion other that I thought it was a bad move for a business to make. If you want to turn your business into a political podium be prepared for the results either way. Interesting strawman you make though that actually we need to consider vile pederasts who may wish to buy cake to. Yet I cant recall anywhere in North America where child marriages are legal other than perhaps in some extreme Mormon rural areas in UTAH or BC Canada. So i think perhaps its unlikely that baby rapers will show up to buy cake for their weddings.

Why dont the cake makers who are in business to make cakes, stick to making cakes. If they wish to make a principled stand than do so at the ballot box, or to your local politician or stand out in front of city hall with a large sign. But to do so in a place you do business in is myopic at best.  Many of you who think principles come before profit clearly have never run a business. Many customers will come to a business that people will find disagreeable, ultimately if they aren't rude, cause trouble and pay the bill what is the problem? you see in business your purpose is to serve your customer....not like them or agree with their politics.

Now if the bakers wanted to be politicians and not cake makers well then thats awhole nother matter...

I just dont see this as an issue worthy of either side for such a mountain to die on.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

See how that works yet?

This is not about gays, cakes, or mountains, its about the government telling a business who they can sell to.

You made the point yourself, at some point, for whatever reason, a business may wish to not deal with a potential customer, why should the government get say in it?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Sorry your honor, we just went out of business
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:56:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:57:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Sorry your honor, we just went out of business
View Quote

By the power of the state of Kolorado I command you to stay open 48 hours per week and sale each cake at an state approved price.

And pick up that can while you're at it citizen.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 4:59:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Do you even freedom of association dude?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:00:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Your honor I will make their cake, unfortunately I cannot make it the week of their ceremony as my electric service has been discontinued.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

You do realize that in 1857, nine robed white men said it was the law that one man could still own another man.

law =/= just =/= right

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Gay =/= black

Apples =/= oranges

law =/= just =/= right

The post we BOTH replied to was about legal scrutiny.  

Geezus
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:02:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

no fucking shit.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:28:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Fine.  Raise your prices.  A lot!   Then give discounts to whoever strikes your fancy.    If someone was going to force me to do business w/ them, they'd pay.  $20,000 for a basic wedding cake seems like a good starting price.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:40:00 PM EDT
[#38]
If only someone had seen BS like this coming and warned others about it........
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:41:56 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:46:08 PM EDT
[#40]
is that ipecac icing I smell?

mmhmm good...
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#41]
That judge needs impeaching.  Now.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:53:30 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:55:44 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:56:37 PM EDT
[#44]
Did the business have to get a license from the city to operate?  Then they must abide by city rules and regulations. If one of those says serve the gay people, then you're out of luck. Especially since th courts equate homosexuality with being a minority or being female when it comes to being a progected class.  
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:57:18 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Your honor I will make their cake, unfortunately I cannot make it the week of their ceremony as my electric service has been discontinued.
View Quote

"Some junkie stole all my pans. Damned scrappers will steal ANYTHING!"

I still think just closing shop and moving would be the best way to make a stand.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Is "gay" a race?

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:02:03 PM EDT
[#47]
i would take their money, and then donate it to conservative causes.
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:04:01 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Is "gay" a race?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is "gay" a race?  

Is "woman"?

Is "geriatric"?

Is "religion"?
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#49]

isn't there an unwritten law of "don't piss off the person making your food" ?

Link Posted: 12/6/2013 6:16:34 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Whether you agree with it or not, please go read about public accommodation laws before making such ridiculous statements.

It is very well established that clubs and churches are exempt from public accommodation laws.

That is why in fact most heath "clubs" makes you become a "member." By being a health "club", Curves can choose to only allow women to join.

Public accommodation laws cover businesses open to the public that sell goods and services. They do not and never have covered churches.

The wedding services industry pulling the same crap the hotel and restaurant industries did in the 60's. They will get over and it and just like blacks can walk into any restaurant in the country and be seated for dinner, gays will be able to buy a cake that say Adam and Steve on it instead of Adam and Eve.

Page / 8
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top