User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:08:58 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
images.absolutenow.com//poster/Kirk_Douglas/170089.jpg

Quoted:

Douglas:  You want me to shoot those about to be banned, or do you want me to stick a knife in their bellies?

Wayne:  Don't you worry about it pardner.  I'll take care of Sturmwehr & Zaphod.

HA!

Them and what army?

Fu*k it. If I'm going to get skewered, I may as well have some fun in the process!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:17:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Well he probably has his own army of zombies by now.

The only hope you have is to accept the fact that you are already dead. And the sooner you accept that, the sooner you will be able to function as a soldier is supposed to function, without mercy, without compassion, without remorse.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:21:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Well he probably has his own army of zombies by now.

KEWAL!

Bring 'em on!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:51:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It's amazing; the mere mention of JOHN WAYNE's name evokes so much emotion...

No matter how you slice it, he's an American icon.  'Move out!'
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:56:15 PM EDT
[#5]

Ahhhhh hell, .......... we can't ban or kill Zaphod.

He's an asshole for sure. (for saying something agin the Duke)

But he's our asshole.  (one of us)  

I say we keep him around.  

Torment him of course, and make his life miserable, but keep him around.

Zen

"This is my rifle there are many like it, but this one is mine"
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:03:20 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The only thing John Wayne could do well was smack talk Communists... That's about it.

Perhaps it's me, but I think his westerns suck. He was self-righteous, usually morally wrong in whatever situation he was it, and had a tendency to just hit people instead of thinking.

Now, in real life, I don't know... But his movie personality sucked ass.

Now, The Shootist was a great movie. I'll give him that. Green Berets was a bit out and a little too much of the extremist field for me.

I thought his movie personality was great, especially in movies like, The Quiet Man, The Searchers, Donavans Reef and The Shootist.  A man prepared to follow his own beliefs, not to be swayed by others weak views, to go across the grain if necessary but to live by ones own terms.  Sort of like I feel today when people look at the black rifle and ask why I NEED one of those, thats when the John Wayne in me starts coming out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:04:11 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Ahhhhh hell, .......... we can't ban or kill Zaphod.

He's an asshole for sure. (for saying something agin the Duke)

But he's our asshole.  (one of us)  

I say we keep him around.  

Torment him of course, and make his life miserable, but keep him around.

Zen

"This is my rifle there are many like it, but this one is mine"

I stand duely humbled....
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:27:46 AM EDT
[#9]
John Wayne's best movie was The High And The Mighty,For some stupid reason The Batjac-Wayne Foundation won't let it get released.(its never been on VHS or DVD),and it only aired on HBO way back in the early 80s.There were some who copied it,that is the only way most folks have seen it. BTW,John Wayne looks the part of an airline pilot.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You are now doomed to hell. Don't ever, Ever, EVER diss the Duke.

Why not.  He was just an actor, not some war hero.  In fact, he never served.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]
Picked up that movie last night at Wallyworld for $7.50.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:39:42 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
John Wayne's Bio

Was John Wayne a draft dodger?

Gee, everyone skimmed right over this.  Don't confuse them with facts.

Many of Hollywood's big names, such as Henry Fonda, Jimmy Stewart, and Clark Gable, did just that. (Fonda, Wills points out, was 37 at the time and had a wife and three kids.) But these were established stars. Wayne knew that if he took a few years off for military service, there was a good chance that by the time he got back he'd be over the hill.

I love John Wayne movies, but he is no hero.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:27:56 AM EDT
[#13]
it's been discussed before, feel free to start a new thread if you wish to argue this bullshit again though
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:19:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You are now doomed to hell. Don't ever, Ever, EVER diss the Duke.

Why not.  He was just an actor, not some war hero.  In fact, he never served.

I have to agree. He was an actor, and although he was DAS UBERPATRIOT, he was just an actor. His voice carried as much as Britney Spears does now (both very popular in their time, ect. not comparing the two people).

He loved his country, yes, but there's just some isms about the Duke that make you think "What the hell?"
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#15]
originally posted by Sturmwehr

DAS UBERPATRIOT

JAWOL!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Miller: John Wayne Was A Fag!
Oly & Others: Was not!
Miller: Was too boys.
(Repo Man)

Green Beret, not his best movie, I prefer "The Searchers" or for campiness "True Grit">

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top