Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 7
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 10:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of him. Watched some of his youtube videos just now, hard to stomach regardless of his political sympathies. He didn't come across as knowing much and was a little too hyper for my liking.
Fuck him. But he can vote for whomever he wants!
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:07:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Jorge Amselle is a writer for the firearms industry, such as Tactical-Life.
During conversations at an industry event in Florida both Thursday night and Friday morning
he stated to me, with a number of other industry professionals present and listening, that he

Supported Hillary Clinton for President and was going to vote for her.

He felt other issues such as immigration (he's Hispanic) were more important than the Second Amendment
Stated Obama hadn't been bad for the 2A and Hillary would be basically a third term.
He stated he would rather see Hillary Clinton appoint justices to the Supreme Court and not Trump.
He stated he was not a single-issue voter and the 2A was not at the top of his list.

Jorge can vote for anyone he wants. It's his right.

However, his readers have a right to know Jorge Amselle both supports Hillary Clinton for President, plans to
vote for her. Hillary is well known for her outspoken plans to destroy the Second Amendment.

And he places other issues, such as immigration above the Second Amendment.

I have been a member of the firearms industry since 1998. I can't believe a member of the firearms press would openly
support Hillary Clinton for President. In my opinion supporting Hillary Clinton for President in this election and supporting
her picks for the Supreme Court are much worse than what Jim Zumbo, Jerry Tsai or Dick Metcalf did......

He is another Team Wendy.......

I went back and forth with him, with other writers such as Tim Yan, Todd Jaderborg, Richard Venola, Neal Shera and even my employer present, and made my thoughts known to him in a crystal clear manner.

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

My thoughts?

Fuck his face.

Those are my thoughts.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:12:05 PM EDT
[#3]
He can go back to whatever it is country that he prefers to live in along with that traitor...take Colin Kipperneck with them..

Probably another one who wants Mexico to conquer the US from within figuring there will be something in that for him
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:22:55 PM EDT
[#4]
"He is an NRA certified firearms instructor, a military veteran, bullseye shooter, and full time professional firearms writer for various national gun magazines, including Combat Handguns, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Special Weapons for Military and Police, Rifle Firepower, American Rifleman and Shooting Illustrated. "

- From his bio

Ummm, Is a certain owner of this site heavily invested in one or more of those publications???? Just sayin', maybe he needs a "don't bother submitting anymore" letter......
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:25:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lots of Pro-Hillary anti-Trump posts here.

https://www.facebook.com/jorge.amselle
View Quote

Wow, page not available. somebody feelin' heat, I guess. Fuck that dirtbag.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:26:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Who?
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:38:29 PM EDT
[#7]
There's no place for that in this industry.  If you make any portion of a living pimping firearms, by God, you toe the line.  

Tell you what, to make up for this quisling, I'll reactivate an RPG-2 and write up an article on how to do it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:40:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Shit we have douches like him infesting this site.
View Quote

Invading?????  Fuck man, they've been here for years, infested it, and now the site has degraded because of it.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:46:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Fuck be upon him.

Let the public Zumbo his commie ass.
View Quote

Fuck yea.
Link Posted: 9/24/2016 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#10]
Actions have consequences. Let it be so.
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:09:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

It started out as a social conversation Thursday night, I let it slide.

Friday Morning, he started it again and during our conversation with other industry people present
I made it clear that what Zumbo, Metcalf and Tsais had said was not as bad in the eyes of the industry
and he could have walked it back at any time. He was given multiple opportunities to walk away, walk it back, drop it.
Other industry professionals who were present all made the comment, "You gave him multiple chances to drop it, walk it back
or change what he was espousing."

He referred to people being mad on his Facebook about his views which he is very open about.
He is in no way trying to keep it a secret.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Was it a discussion, like a public round table or something, OP?

Or was it over lunch in a social conversation or the like?

If the latter, no matter how odious his views, I think you're out of line, unless you told him it was your intent to broadcast his observations to the world.

It started out as a social conversation Thursday night, I let it slide.

Friday Morning, he started it again and during our conversation with other industry people present
I made it clear that what Zumbo, Metcalf and Tsais had said was not as bad in the eyes of the industry
and he could have walked it back at any time. He was given multiple opportunities to walk away, walk it back, drop it.
Other industry professionals who were present all made the comment, "You gave him multiple chances to drop it, walk it back
or change what he was espousing."

He referred to people being mad on his Facebook about his views which he is very open about.
He is in no way trying to keep it a secret.

Thanks for posting this, GW. He had his chance, but since he refused to see reason, let him eat dicks.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:16:32 AM EDT
[#12]
Shitbag needs to be removed from the community post-haste.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:17:13 AM EDT
[#13]
he needs to be outed if he is against us.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:23:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There's no place for that in this industry.  If you make any portion of a living pimping firearms, by God, you toe the line.  

Tell you what, to make up for this quisling, I'll reactivate an RPG-2 and write up an article on how to do it.
View Quote

Warn me first so I can buy a couple before the price goes up. I really miss my rpg 7.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:28:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My thoughts?  FJA

He is obviously a single-issue voter, it just ain't 2A.

la raza
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:34:34 AM EDT
[#16]
What I want to know, is why the NSSF awarded Zumbo an award at the 2014 Shot Show State of the Industry dinner.

The guy was a POS, so why the award?
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:36:19 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
During conversations at an industry event in Florida both Thursday night and Friday morning
he stated to me, with a number of other industry professionals present and listening, that he

He felt other issues such as immigration (he's Hispanic) were more important than the Second Amendment
Stated Obama hadn't been bad for the 2A and Hillary would be basically a third term.
He stated he would rather see Hillary Clinton appoint justices to the Supreme Court and not Trump.
He stated he was not a single-issue voter and the 2A was not at the top of his list.

However, his readers have a right to know Jorge Amselle both supports Hillary Clinton for President, plans to
vote for her. Hillary is well known for her outspoken plans to destroy the Second Amendment.

I have been a member of the firearms industry since 1998. I can't believe a member of the firearms press would openly
support Hillary Clinton for President. In my opinion supporting Hillary Clinton for President in this election and supporting
her picks for the Supreme Court are much worse than what Jim Zumbo, Jerry Tsai or Dick Metcalf did......

I went back and forth with him, with other writers such as Tim Yan, Todd Jaderborg, Richard Venola, Neal Shera and even my employer present, and made my thoughts known to him in a crystal clear manner.

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

Jack ass who puts ethnic solidarity above all else.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:48:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Its obvious gentlemen, he doesn't care about firearms or the second amendment. It was an easy gig for him to ride out and make a career of. He doesn't care if another AWB is passed, he doesn't care if strict gun control laws are passed, he just cared about the money. I'm sure he wouldn't care if America was disarmed in its entirety.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:53:38 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
What I want to know, is why the NSSF awarded Zumbo an award at the 2014 Shot Show State of the Industry dinner.

The guy was a POS, so why the award?
View Quote

The story was, he saw the error of his ways and corrected his shit post haste (aka, his sponsors dropped him like a syphilis infected vagina and his livelihood was reaching zero). Some people forgave him, some didn't.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 12:55:55 AM EDT
[#20]
I'm beginning to think I should make a youtube channel dedicated to 2nd A drama.

It would be awesome.

Also, fuck Jorge Amselle.

ETA:Actually that might be a good idea. None of you steal it, I thought of it first
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:03:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Fuck him.

I'm a single issue voter, and that's the only issue I care about.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
We really need to have a sticky for all the people we shouldn't support or buy from
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:11:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I generally agree with you on the principle here, but not in this instance.

The time for respecting the position of antis is long past. They have no qualms about using anything and everything to take our rights.

Expose these people for what they are.

In this case an industry writer who would trade the 2nd amendment for amnesty and open borders.

I can't find any fucks to spare the guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the latter, no matter how odious his views, I think you're out of line, unless you told him it was your intent to broadcast his observations to the world.

How so?  It's not like they were discussing state secrets.

If I was sitting around shooting the shit with colleagues, I wouldn't expect somebody to try to destroy my livelihood based on my commentary unless they told me about it first.

I'm all about destroying people, but I won't Pearl Harbor somebody.

I generally agree with you on the principle here, but not in this instance.

The time for respecting the position of antis is long past. They have no qualms about using anything and everything to take our rights.

Expose these people for what they are.

In this case an industry writer who would trade the 2nd amendment for amnesty and open borders.

I can't find any fucks to spare the guy.

Yeah, I'm not saying he should be thrown in jail for his free speech.

I just sure as hell won't be reading tactical life or his articles  (not that I did before).
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:28:46 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Bingo.

I'll eat a taco bowl in his honor after Trump wins.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My thoughts?  FJA

He is obviously a single-issue voter, it just ain't 2A.

la raza

Bingo.

I'll eat a taco bowl in his honor after Trump wins.

Hillary's taco bowl outreach is working?

She is "more racist" than Trump.  What with the "Super Predators" comment, supporting 3 strikes and you're out for nonviolent offendors which disproportionately fucks over minorities, and a bunch of other things.  

Trump is a nationalist. There's a difference between being a nationalist and a racist.  I'll take a nationalist over a globalist.

FWIW there were a lot of minorities on "The Apprentice," including winners.

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 2:32:11 AM EDT
[#25]
FJA.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 4:25:43 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

A lot of 'em. Like goddamn roaches.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

I happen to be Hispanic, but would NEVER vote against the Constitution (or for Hillary, in this case)
because of that.

This "guy" sucks a big bag of dicks!

I mean, does he not know what's at stake in this election?

Does he not know about how BHO ARMED and FUNDED the Iranian Regime?

And he wants a fricken THIRD term for BHO?

This guy is totally out of touch and has his head up his ass!

I just don't get it!  

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:15:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

View Quote

BTW...what did Dick Metcalf do?  

(I know he's a "gun writer", prob since the '70's or 80's)

I'd really like to know.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:18:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Then he's a dumbass, my wife came from Vietnam 9 years ago on a student visa and supports Trump and his immigration platform more than anyone I could ever imagine.

Curious, he wrote this?

http://dailycaller.com/2016/06/08/gun-owners-hillary-will-soon-say-if-you-like-your-guns-you-can-keep-your-guns/
View Quote

That was before Trump became the official nominee.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 5:20:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I'd really like to know.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are your thoughts?

I'd really like to know.

Wrote a gun control article for Guns and Ammo, got his dick slapped around, then went on a national butthurt tour--even penning an article for Politico.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:23:35 AM EDT
[#31]
If you're not scared look up some industry names here. Warning - You'll do a lot of scrolling and may not like what you'll see.

https://www.opensecrets.org

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 6:43:03 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Lots of Pro-Hillary anti-Trump posts here.

https://www.facebook.com/jorge.amselle
View Quote

That guy is a genius for putting his home address in one pic and a pic of guns mounted on the wall in another
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:12:37 AM EDT
[#33]
I am a one issue voter, the second amendment period. We should use any and all legal means to support the 2nd amendment.
These people who are not supportive should be treated as enemies of freedom. The anti gun voters will do anything to oppose
enemies of their positions, and so should we.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:21:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, no kidding... Good point...

I was surprised as anyone to see Trump supporters swear support, allegiance, and funding to Hillary...

Quoted:

I am Voting for Hillary, she is less dishonest than the GOPe

After the GOPe (CRUZ) stole ALL Colorado delegates without the people even voting, Hillary is more honest than CRUZ or the GOPe.

ETA:
After that shit, I am voting a total Democrat Ticket.  

Quoted:

Get F#cked GOPe.

I will vote Dem ticket for everyone just out of Spite.......actions have consequences..... and I'm prepared to face mine.

Quoted:
I have committed to punching in Donald Trump's name on machine and voting against every Republican down ballot. So I know where you are at.

Link

As frightening as it is real, the there were Trump supporters who swore allegiance to Hillary and Democrats...

You are absolutely correct. This site is absolutely *infested* with Hillary and Democrat supporters...

Link
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:23:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

What record?

Is OP writing an article about the guy or did he just do an OP industry gossip so people will clamor for dude's job?

Sounds like the latter.

If so, he didn't even give dude a courtesy of a published hit piece.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not unless he said specifically that he was speaking off the record.

What record?

Is OP writing an article about the guy or did he just do an OP industry gossip so people will clamor for dude's job?

Sounds like the latter.

If so, he didn't even give dude a courtesy of a published hit piece.

Uhm, he was talking to a bunch of journalists? You know, people who write things for publication. Maybe that record.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:24:47 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:27:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm not saying that this should be the policy here; but it's the clearly stated policy of one of the other gun forums that specializes in the 1911, to toss them out on their asses if they plug for  Hillary or trash her Republican party opponent at this stage of the game.

They've been very open about it.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:34:11 AM EDT
[#38]
I have multiple mutual friends with this dude on FB.... I guess I'll have to say something to him, and cancel any subscriptions I have to any Athlon Media Group magazines.

Athlon Media Group Contact page

From his page:

"I have always been a Republican leaning Libertarian but now I find that the GOP has abandoned most of their Libertarian principles and I now have more in common with Democrats. I am not a single issue voter but if I had to pick one it would be xenophobia and the GOP is on the wrong side of that one. I guess I am a Democrat now. Also being Hispanic I feel especially unwelcome in the GOP."
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:49:30 AM EDT
[#39]
A gun writer that's pro Shrillary?

What a pendejo.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:52:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I'm not saying that this should be the policy here; but it's the clearly stated policy of one of the other gun forums that specializes in the 1911, to toss them out on their asses if they plug for  Hillary or trash her Republican party opponent at this stage of the game.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Considering many life members, and site staff do not like Trump, that would never happen here.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 7:54:02 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

So their policy is, "We know that Trump supported Hillary the last time she ran. But you will be punished if you do it..."

Interesting.

Hillary or Hillary supporter Trump.

Pick Trump.

Only folks on arfom who swore to support Hillary and Democrats if Hillary-supporter Trump didn't win were Trump supporters... Chew on that for a minute...

Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:05:29 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Considering many life members, and site staff do not like Trump, that would never happen here.
View Quote

Not "liking" Trump, and understanding that he supported (and funded) Hillary last time she ran... Along with other conservative mortal sins...

Does not one a Hillary supporter make.

Only retards, liberals and cultists put political leaders on pedestals where they cannot be scrutinized, and if they attack down-ballot conservatives after the convention, --as Trump did--... Criticized.

Not being happy about Trump on the ballot does not equal supporting Hillary. Criticizing poor conservatives like Trump for being a poor conservative does not equal supporting Hillary.

Supporting Hillary --as Trump did-- is supporting Hillary.

This gun writer outright supported Hillary, as Trump did... He deserves to be criticized, and attacked. But don't lump everyone who recognizes Trump as a bad person and a bad conservative into the Hillary camp that Trump was a member of two short years ago...
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#43]
http://blog.1800gunsandammo.com/jorge-amselle/

Jorge Amselle is the author of the “Gun Digest’s Shooter’s Guide to Concealed Carry” and blogs at www.GunsNTacos.com. He is an NRA certified firearms instructor, a military veteran, bullseye shooter, and full time professional firearms writer for various national gun magazines, including Combat Handguns, Guns and Weapons for Law Enforcement, Special Weapons for Military and Police, Rifle Firepower, American Rifleman and Shooting Illustrated. He routinely tests out the latest guns, ammunition, gear and holsters from large and small manufacturers around the country and around the world. He is on the road observing, attending, participating in and reporting on law enforcement and self-defense training academies throughout the year.

Mr. Amselle has a Juris Master from the George Mason University School of Law and more than 20 years of experience in communications and public policy. His articles on politics and firearms have appeared in The New York Times, The Wall Street Journal, National Review, The Daily Caller and other national publications. He has also appeared on C-SPAN, PBS, MSNBC and FOX News and has testified before congress and state legislatures. He practices what he preaches and he has been carrying a concealed firearm on a daily basis for over 20 years.

View Quote

His you tube upload page

His earning power on Tactical life

Toss everyone of them who dont support the republican candidate to the curb.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 8:51:41 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Not "liking" Trump, and understanding that he supported (and funded) Hillary last time she ran... Along with other conservative mortal sins...

Only retards, liberals and cultists put political leaders on pedestals where they cannot be scrutinized, and if they attack down-ballot conservatives after the convention, --as Trump did--... Criticized.

Not being happy about Trump on the ballot does not equal supporting Hillary. Criticizing poor conservatives like Trump for being a poor conservative does not equal supporting Hillary.

This gun writer outright supported Hillary, as Trump did... He deserves to be criticized, and attacked. But don't lump everyone who recognizes Trump as a bad person and a bad conservative into the Hillary camp that Trump was a member of two short years ago...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Let me crayon this for you:

At this juncture in the political season we are in, ANY support for or positive coverage of Hillary is an attack on our 2A rights, among other things.  I didnt want a 2nd term for OhBumbo, I sure as hell dont want a third OhBumbo term via Hillary.  

PERIOD.

Expand your mind, Trump did.  Did he $upport Shitlery in the last election-maybe.  But in this election,  he is the only standing candidate who is supporting my 2A rights and the the only candidate offering my children a chance at keeping this country from falling into the morass of a global governance.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:04:16 AM EDT
[#45]
Tactical Life?

That sounds really gay.
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:04:33 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:06:49 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oughtta treat them like any infestation- eliminate them.

Support 2A or GTFO
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Should we have axed all the people supporting Trump instead of Cruz in the primaries? If you want to institute a 2nd amendment litmus test for posting you'll be spending a lot more time on cruiselover.org
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Should we have axed all the people supporting Trump instead of Cruz in the primaries? If you want to institute a 2nd amendment litmus test for posting you'll be spending a lot more time on cruiselover.org

Haven't you heard ?  The pro 2nd party make a choice along time ago.   It's all we have, its not Mr Cruz as much as I wish it was ITS NOT.

We should axe all the people who dont support republican candidate at this point.

It's a two party system, so either you are on one side or the other at this point.

2nd has been a litmus test since we have been voting.  
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:23:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
We really need to have a sticky for all the people we shouldn't support or buy from

Or in this case contact info for all of this shit-bags sources of income
Link Posted: 9/25/2016 9:26:11 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top