View All Quotes
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Educate me please. If you are vaccinated against, say chicken pox, and I am not, how does that affect you at all?

Google the term "herd immunity" and you will get it.  The bottom line is vaccines aren't 100% effective, so having the vast majority of a population vaccinated is important in order to keep diseases from gaining a foot hold among the non-vaccinated.

Actually herd immunity is the exact opposite of what you are claiming. It's the theory that says members of a herd that are not immune to something have protection from that thing by belonging to a herd that is mostly immune to the thing. The immune naive is unlikely to come into contact with the pathogen since no one around will have it since the others are  immune. Please continue to educate me.

Oh, FFS.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Bye-bye, Jenny!

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:01:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

If their kids cannot be admitted, then the parents should be refunded the portion of their taxes that go towards the public schools.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Enacting regulations like these will never be forward thinking in a good way, and you should feel bad OP.
It may not be forward thinking - but it's a DAMN GOOD law!!!   If someone wants to send their kid to a public school paid for by tax payers, then the the fuckin' urchin damn sure better be vaccinated.

If their kids cannot be admitted, then the parents should be refunded the portion of their taxes that go towards the public schools.

+1
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:01:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:01:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

I still have to pay taxes that go towards public school, and have no kids. Hippies don't want to vaccinate their crotchfruit, and kids cant enroll? Tough shit, imo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Enacting regulations like these will never be forward thinking in a good way, and you should feel bad OP.
It may not be forward thinking - but it's a DAMN GOOD law!!!   If someone wants to send their kid to a public school paid for by tax payers, then the the fuckin' urchin damn sure better be vaccinated.

Fuck to the no.

I still have to pay taxes that go towards public school, and have no kids. Hippies don't want to vaccinate their crotchfruit, and kids cant enroll? Tough shit, imo.

You shouldn't have to pay for schools either.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:02:58 PM EDT
[#5]
My daughter has received her vaccines.  That said, I made that decision and choice, not the state.

Bad law.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:03:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Educate me please. If you are vaccinated against, say chicken pox, and I am not, how does that affect you at all?

ETA: is it a fear that you will catch what you are vaccinated against?
View Quote

It's basically the same logic the anti-gunners use.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#7]
If your kid is not vaccinated, attends public school, and infects others with some weird disease, then that should open up the offending parent(s) to a lawsuit. Dumbasses!   Don't want your kids to get shots, then keep them at home. J
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:03:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
California, being forward thinking in a good way for once.

Article

Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed one of the strictest schoolchild vaccination laws in the country, eliminating personal and religious belief exemptions for vaccines.
View Quote

Lol, how is that going to square with their massive illegal population?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Vaccines are good for the public health.

This is known and is the truth.  

What happens when Lexapro, Zoloft and other mood altering drugs are decided to be "good for the public health" and Pandora's box of forced medication through this vaccination push has already been opened.

Government run health care + mandated forced medication for "the public health" = You don't get to decide if you want to take medications.

ETA, there are no liberty minded solutions to this problem that won't lead to abuse by tyrants.  I want people vaccinated.  Forcing them puts my freedom at risk.  Public shaming might help a lot, but the media is complicit in helping further the anti vaccine movement,
View Quote

And this.  Liberty vs security.  I can't believe people on a gun forum don't understand the consequences of laws like this.  
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:04:55 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
First of all I am anti government telling me I HAVE to do anything. Secondly I don't get the argument against unvaccinated kids going to public schools. If vaccines are so great and your kids are vaccinated, why are you scared of kids that aren't?
View Quote

1) Vaccines are not 100% effective.  Herd immunity is important to keep these pathogens out of the population.

2) The more a pathogen reproduces, the more chances there are for the strain to mutate.  The more a strain of pathogens mutate, the greater the chance that one of those mutations will lead to a strain that is not protected against by the vaccine.  

There are more reasons, bit those two are the most obvious and easy to understand.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:06:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article

Gov. Jerry Brown on Tuesday signed one of the strictest schoolchild vaccination laws in the country, eliminating personal and religious belief exemptions for vaccines.

Curiously, "Mexicans" have a much higher vaccine compliance rate than our ignorant white assed soccer moms.  Go figure.  

Go look it the fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:09:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Thread 1: "Arg, we hate government control!"

Thread 2: "Yay, government control will save us!"

View Quote

That pretty much sums up GD on a daily basis. Overreaching government is the devil, except for the overreaching government we like. Then it's ok.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:10:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

While I enjoyed the cleavage, I don't get your point.

I have been anti-mandatory vaccination before it was "Hip".

Don't like it? I don't care.

Flamesuit on & cinched up.

& before you ignorants pile on, consider if antibiotic vaccines were mandatory... Oh wait there are antibiotic resistance bacteria now...studies have shown vaccination resistant bugs now also.

That doesn't even get into the anaphylactic aspects of the protein inhousement issue.

Can they save lives by the millions? Sure.

Should they be mandatory?

NOT!
View All Quotes
Quoted:

While I enjoyed the cleavage, I don't get your point.

I have been anti-mandatory vaccination before it was "Hip".

Don't like it? I don't care.

Flamesuit on & cinched up.

& before you ignorants pile on, consider if antibiotic vaccines were mandatory... Oh wait there are antibiotic resistance bacteria now...studies have shown vaccination resistant bugs now also.

That doesn't even get into the anaphylactic aspects of the protein inhousement issue.

Can they save lives by the millions? Sure.

Should they be mandatory?

NOT!

A vaccine works by provoking the body's immune response to an alien organism. A resistant strain means the vaccine has to be modified to work against it.

You ask, "Can they save lives by the millions?" and you answer, "Sure."

What, then, would you like to say to the millions of lives who were saved? Off to the camps, we fucked up, you lived, and now we're going to fix it because we only use the literal interpretation of Patrick Henry.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:13:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

What happens when Lexapro, Zoloft and other mood altering drugs are decided to be "good for the public health" and Pandora's box of forced medication through this vaccination push has already been opened.

Government run health care + mandated forced medication for "the public health" = You don't get to decide if you want to take medications.

ETA, there are no liberty minded solutions to this problem that won't lead to abuse by tyrants.  I want people vaccinated.  Forcing them puts my freedom at risk.  Public shaming might help a lot, but the media is complicit in helping further the anti vaccine movement,
View Quote

The kind of public shaming you'd like to invoke involves pointing at all the kids in the intensive care unit and the graveyard so you tell Mrs. McCarthy that it's her fault.

Your solution is less than optimal.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And this.  Liberty vs security.  I can't believe people on a gun forum don't understand the consequences of laws like this.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Honestly they barely get it normally, now it's something they're actually scared of, not guns. Same as gun grabbers and banners.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:15:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:16:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why? People that don't even have kids still have to pay taxes that go towards public schools. Why would we exempt people from taxes because they don't want to follow state law regarding public school entry requirements?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:18:01 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Article

View Quote

EXCELLENT!

Fewer true believers will be sending their kids to the State Brainwashing Mills.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:18:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Good.  I think most of us here are against legislation that allows soccer mom feels to make decisions that impact others?  Besides, they're not saying you don't have the right to not vaccine your kids.  Just that you can't send them to public schools and spread otherwise eradicated diseases to kids with compromised immune systems.
View Quote

But they've been vaccinated.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:20:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I suspect that to be true, but hopefully it does hold up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will not hold up in court

My kids, my decision. Anyone who thinks otherwise can fuck off.
But I'm sure you hate big government.....right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:22:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a bad law.

That parent is paying taxes toward that school as well, and is legally required to send their child to school.

If the state wants to refund their tax, and exempt them from compulsory education laws then I suppose I don't have a major problem with the law.

It doesn't seem right to take taxes from them, penalize them for not sending their kid, while not let them attend if they don't have the same medical opinions.

I realize they could homeschool, but some people can't realistically do so and worse its highly regulated in some places which I suspect CA is among. Even then they are still paying taxes and should have as much right as someone to utilize the school system if they wish.

The article is also not clear if it only relates to public schools or also private schools. It is probably for all schools.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Good.  I think most of us here are against legislation that allows soccer mom feels to make decisions that impact others?  Besides, they're not saying you don't have the right to not vaccine your kids.  Just that you can't send them to public schools and spread otherwise eradicated diseases to kids with compromised immune systems.

And an unvaccinated child is a potential breeding ground for vaccine resistant strains of various pathogens.  Keep them the fuck away from other people's children.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:24:08 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
A friend and his wife that live in the Bay Area are flipping the fuck out, but they have enough money to afford private schools for both of their unvaccinated children. They are anti-GMO, don't use commercial deodorants, soaps, etc...... I bet their farts are ozone free.
View Quote

Is this for public schools only with private schools exempt ?

Here (Wyoming) private schools are under the same rules, although you can get an exemption.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:24:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

QFT!

"I want mah freedoms, but eff your freedoms!" Lol. This is how I know we're doomed.  Even supposedly like minded people on a gun centric forum can't agree on anything.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:25:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

I still have to pay taxes that go towards public school, and have no kids
. Hippies don't want to vaccinate their crotchfruit, and kids cant enroll? Tough shit, imo.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

I still have to pay taxes that go towards public school, and have no kids
. Hippies don't want to vaccinate their crotchfruit, and kids cant enroll? Tough shit, imo.

That is a valid point. I don't think you should have to pay either.

Better yet just do away with public schools alltogether.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:26:05 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There is a threat of violence in this?  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Everyone should get their kids vaccinated. I'm not much of a fan of the government forcing people to do things through threat of violence.

There is a threat of violence in this?  

Actions such as these will eventually result in violence. It may not be next week, it may not be in Kali.....
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:26:09 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They're not saying you MUST have your spawn vaccinated.  They're just say that if you don't, keep them the fuck away from other kids. Seems fair enough to me.

School them at home.  After all, they're your kids, right?
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#28]
Force them to show proof of vaccinations, just not an ID.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:28:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Not anti vax here.  Got my shots as a kid.

Forced medication however is Orwellian, and leave it to California to lead the way in being Orwellian.

Everyone is cheering now, until its mandatory for adults.. better get your government approved flu shot, or no work for you..

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:29:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

That pretty much sums up GD on a daily basis. Overreaching government is the devil, except for the overreaching government we like. Then it's ok.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We're not all anarchists, so we don't all kneejerk reflexively scorn everything the .gov does as over reach.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:30:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nobody's forcing anything.  Don't like it, homeschool your crotch fruit.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:30:41 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You're spot on.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#33]

anti vaccine people are

ever wonder why we don't have polio anymore?

how about measles? or any other illness that was wiped out in the USA because of vaccines.

Now, all these fucking diseases are being brought back in from the southern border by thousands of un-vaccinated mongrels.

If I had children, your god-damn fucking right I'm getting them vaccinated. I would not let my children anywhere near a Germ Factory (aka school, private or public) without vaccines.

in fact, keep those fucking un-vaccinated mongrels (American or otherwise) away from me and my wife. Fuck you and your little germ factory.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:30:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People who are immuno-compromised cannot be vaccinated.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:31:03 PM EDT
[#35]
It will eventually be held unconstitutional, at least for those with religious objections.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:31:19 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
A friend and his wife that live in the Bay Area are flipping the fuck out, but they have enough money to afford private schools for both of their unvaccinated children. They are anti-GMO, don't use commercial deodorants, soaps, etc...... I bet their farts are ozone free.
View Quote

It doesn't matter. The law applies to private schools too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Your right to make bad decisions in regards to your kids ends where you take them into a public school and infect other people's kids.

This isn't akin to a ban on guns. It is akin to a ban on firing a gun into the air to celebrate.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:32:49 PM EDT
[#39]
This thread reminds why libertarians hold zero federal or state offices.

It will stay that way, too.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:33:14 PM EDT
[#40]

For the record I'm not an anti vaxer. My kids are vaccinated. I am just in the camp that it is a personal choice that is the right of a parent. Vaccines themselves are not without risk to the individual though I dont  belive that autism is a direct result of vaccination. I just don't want the government to have the precident set that they can decide what I put in my or my children's body. I can see the same argument being made by the anti-gun lobby. I understand the herd immunity logic, but that primarily affects those that aren't vacinated.  It boils down to, for me at least, a personal choice of liberty vs safety.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:33:19 PM EDT
[#41]
All the neck breathers are gonna laugh if the autism rates skyrocket after this move by brown.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:34:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Curiously, "Mexicans" have a much higher vaccine compliance rate than our ignorant white assed soccer moms.  Go figure.  

Go look it the fuck up.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Article

Go look it the fuck up.

This is true. Even our pinche neighbors to the south have very high vax rates. With national heath care when you go in, you get all the shots. Not a lot of autism that I can tell.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

It will eventually be held unconstitutional, at least for those with religious objections.
View Quote

horse hockey, my Roman Catholic school had mandatory requirements for vaccinations. My brother and me grew up just fine. My mother and father grew up just fine with vaccinations.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:36:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Jerry Brown is a goofball, commie son of a bitch.

Hands off other peoples kids.
View Quote

As long as your kids aren't around other kids, I don't have a problem with it.  But as soon as your span is near another child, you are inflicting your beliefs on another, unable to consent human being.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:38:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck to the no.

Yeah, If they refund tuition to parents with unvaccinated typhoid marys...they should have to refund that portion of my tax money EVERY FUCKING YEAR.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:38:50 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

For the record I'm not an anti vaxer. My kids are vaccinated. I am just in the camp that it is a personal choice that is the right of a parent. Vaccines themselves are not without risk to the individual though I dont  belive that autism is a direct result of vaccination. I just don't want the government to have the precident set that they can decide what I put in my or my children's body. I can see the same argument being made by the anti-gun lobby. I understand the herd immunity logic, but that primarily affects those that aren't vacinated.  It boils down to, for me at least, a personal choice of liberty vs safety.

View Quote
You still have the choice.

If you choose to not vaccinate, you have also chosen to home school your kids.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:40:15 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

We're not all anarchists, so we don't all kneejerk reflexively scorn everything the .gov does as over reach.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need to be an anarchist to see the government overreach here.  GD is applying very similar "logic" to that used by big government types in their arguments against gun rights.  "If it saves just one child's life"...
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:40:34 PM EDT
[#48]
Bring on the Chi-com vaccines and the toxic Chi-com adjutants...those who won't poison their pets with Chi-com pet food
have no problem cheering on the state injecting other's children.....trusting China with their welfare.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:41:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Thank you. People are so damn shortsighted.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you. People are so damn shortsighted.  

Vaccines =/= drugs.

Not even in how they operate, their goal, or in any fashion except that they are medical.

Link Posted: 6/30/2015 8:41:37 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Bring on the Chi-com vaccines and the toxic Chi-com adjutants...those who won't poison their pets with Chi-com pet food

have no problem cheering on the state injecting other's children.....trusting China with their welfare.
View Quote
The State isn't injecting anyone with anything.

Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top