Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:42:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I wondered where she went.  She has a great voice.  She might be off the track but like macros said, she's no Pol Pot.  She had the grace to step back while she struggled with a pretty divisive issue in her community––I respect that integrity.  I wish her the best and hope she hasn't given up on God.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 5:46:16 AM EDT
[#2]
She very well may still be a christian––I am hopeful for that.  Scripture clearly states that she is involved in sexual deviation and sin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:03:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
She very well may still be a christian––I am hopeful for that.  Scripture clearly states that she is involved in sexual deviation and sin.

But was silent in condemnation of Lot when his daughters "raped" him in his sleep. I'm sure she still loves God and hopefully she knows that he still loves her. No burn intended in my post to you JHill, but after taking the time to actually read the bible during this deployment, I cant believe all the WTF I found in it. I'm hoping that I'll find some redemption in the New Testament when I get there but for now...(headshake)
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:10:15 AM EDT
[#4]
We made it all the way through page 1 without somebody claiming that all Christians believe the earth is only 6000 years old?  GD is getting sloppy.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:20:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I wondered where she went.  She has a great voice.  She might be off the track but like macros said, she's no Pol Pot.  She had the grace to step back while she struggled with a pretty divisive issue in her community––I respect that integrity.  I wish her the best and hope she hasn't given up on God.

Australia
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:22:36 AM EDT
[#6]
She just got waaaay hotter, goes right into my spank bank.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:23:06 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

2 Timothy 3:1-5 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will belovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

That... doesn't mean anything.

She sells herself as a Christian artist with a Godly image, but she chooses to chase after her lusts while ignoring and condemning God's instructions and warnings about her sin. In other words she sells a form of Godliness, but isn't living it.

Matthew 7:5You hypocrite, first
take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to
remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:34:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I am not into Christian music so I have never heard of her, but what she chosed to do in her personal life is her business and at least she had the fortitude to admit she is a lesbian and not try to hide it while selling Christian music to people who would condem her.  She basically threw away her career as a Christian musician to be who she really is, so I applaud her for it.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:40:32 AM EDT
[#9]

...and Charles Manson threw away a life of freedom to be who he is, the way God made him. Bravo Charles.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:44:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
2 Timothy 3:1-5 But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will belovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self-control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, holding to a form of godliness, although they have denied its power; Avoid such men as these.

She sells herself as a Christian artist with a Godly image, but she chooses to chase after her lusts while ignoring and condemning God's instructions and warnings about her sin. In other words she sells a form of Godliness, but isn't living it.

Matthew 7:5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Well played, sir.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:45:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

...and Charles Manson threw away a life of freedom to be who he is, the way God made him. Bravo Charles.

Because eating pussy and being a mass murderer are in the same ballpark....

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well a person being a lesbian is a little different than being a mass murderer in my opinion.

I think if people are adults and not hurting anybody else and not being perverts in public, they should be left alone from bigotry.

For all the Christians that will condemn gays, I wonder how many of them have sworn, had premarital sex, lusted after women, lied, etc, etc, etc.  Hell, to some Christians, having a tattoo is a sin.  I think a lot of people are going to go to hell if you interpret the bible literally.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:46:12 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What are you trying to say by quoting that?

I'm saying the body of Christ is increasingly deluded and falling away and that it's going to get worse.  

The Sword of Irony, she cuts...

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#14]
Man, you atheists are pretty sad people if you have to use every single mention of Christianity to bash Christians. Don't you have anything better to do?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:48:42 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

As a lesbian, she is doing that exactly...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 6:48:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Imagine that.Humans Christians aren't perfect after all.

We all have issues we need to deal with. Some give up.

Fixed it for ya

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:09:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Matthew 7:5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

Well played, sir.

Actually misquoted and a straw argument.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:12:14 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played, sir.

That's not misquoted and it's not a strawman.

But hey, nice try.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:12:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Works for me...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:27:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Well played, sir.

But hey, nice try.

Sorry, it is taken out of CONTEXT. Jesus never said to ignore the speck either, and he ended the verse with saying then you WILL be able to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

2 Tim 3:24-26
And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

2 Tim 3:16
16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

We are not judging her, we are judging her actions. There is a difference. Only God knows the heart yet the fruit one bears is a good indicator of where they are at. You can not take one scripture in the bible and say we should not judge when there are 1000's of scriptures in the bible that deal with judgment.

Nevertheless, I will not take the bait and argue with someone who's main goal is to stir the pot.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:29:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Man, you atheists are pretty sad people if you have to use every single mention of Christianity to bash Christians. Don't you have anything better to do?

Well, I'm no athiest, but I have another observation: the Jesus Crispy also miss no opportunity to bring HIM into a conversation.  We could be discussing jelly doughnuts and the good Lord will be brought into it.  So, there's THAT.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:32:18 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I'm more despondent over Anna Pacquin's recent admission that she prefers the clam chowder...

http://i40.tinypic.com/o0qiqs.jpg

Clam chowder.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:32:26 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because eating pussy and being a mass murderer are in the same ballpark....

Depends on the pussy being eaten.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:36:23 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well played, sir.

But hey, nice try.

Sorry, it is taken out of CONTEXT. Jesus never said to ignore the speck either, and he ended the verse with saying then you WILL be able to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

2 Tim 3:24-26

And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but kind to everyone, able to teach, patiently enduring evil, 25 correcting his opponents with gentleness. God may perhaps grant them repentance leading to a knowledge of the truth, 26 and they may come to their senses and escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will.

2 Tim 3:16

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work.

We are not judging her, we are judging her actions. There is a difference. Only God knows the heart yet the fruit one bears is a good indicator of where they are at. You can not take one scripture in the bible and say we should not judge when there are 1000's of scriptures in the bible that deal with judgment.

Nevertheless, I will not take the bait and argue with someone who's main goal is to stir the pot.

I get it - "hate the sin, not the sinner."

Still an ultra fine line to walk.  I'll leave the judgment to God - I've got enough planks in my eye to start a lumberyard.  You do too.  We need to work on our own problems before we go bandying about the problems of others.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:41:04 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I listen to Christian music sometimes.  Not the overly Jesus-y stuff but most of it has a positive message and I prefer it over the "you're my obsession" and "I'm addicted to you" lyrics in mainstream music.

There are also bands like Skillet and Switchfoot that get their music played on "mainstream" radio as well. I've been hearing Skillet's "Hero" played multiple times on a couple hard rock stations in the past few days.

Switchfoot consistently maintains they are not an explicitly Christian band.

They are, however, the most philosophically and theologically rewarding band that I listen to.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:42:30 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I figured this wouldn't last long.

Can't go quoting scripture on here without someone turning it against you. It's only a matter of time...

IBTL
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:44:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Man, you christians are pretty sad people if you have to use every single mention of homosexuality to bash homosexuals.  Don't you have anything better to do?

Look at that!  The shoe fits!  

For the record, the condemnation of her "sinful" lifestyle started by the third post.  You guys are quicker to the draw than the Christian bashers.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:46:02 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

It's always good to start that one off from the beginning: "Do not judge, for you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured against you."

That does not mean you are supposed to be an empty-headed fool full of loveyfeelgoodhappytime thoughts, but realize that by condemning what others do you will not escape from your own sin.
The "Measure" that Tekka is using is Scripture, and it is the "Measure" by which all Christian will be judged.

A Christian is necessarily begging the judgment of Scripture by subordinating their desires for what they want to what God wants.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:46:04 AM EDT
[#29]
I too am a lesbian but trapped in a man's body. Do think she would be interested in me?
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:47:42 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

+1 this covers about 95% of the judgement I see handed out by other Christians on this board. I feel sorry for her, this had to be hard on her, her family and friends. I hope she has found peace with God. Yes homosexuality is a sin and yes the lifestyle can make it harder to have a realationship with God, if you let it, but you can still be a Christian and a homosexual. I'm a smoker, I use fowl languae, I get angry for the wrong reasons, I'm lustfull, I'm 100% imperfect and I'm still a Christian. If Christ had not died for my salvation I would be hopeless, but he did and through his grace I am saved not my works.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:48:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get it - "hate the sin, not the sinner."

Still an ultra fine line to walk.  I'll leave the judgment to God - I've got enough planks in my eye to start a lumberyard.  You do too.  We need to work on our own problems before we go bandying about the problems of others.

This is actually a logical fallacy called tu quoque, meaning "you also."

What it does is dismiss the position of the arguer by attacking their character without answering the points of their argument.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:49:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well a person being a lesbian is a little different than being a mass murderer in my opinion.

I think if people are adults and not hurting anybody else and not being perverts in public, they should be left alone from bigotry.

For all the Christians that will condemn gays, I wonder how many of them have sworn, had premarital sex, lusted after women, lied, etc, etc, etc.  Hell, to some Christians, having a tattoo is a sin.  I think a lot of people are going to go to hell if you interpret the bible literally.

I interpert it litterally and I think a lot of people that others judge are going to Heaven. The point of the law was to prove that no man could keep it and it is only through Chrust that salvation is found.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:50:40 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's saying you guys should have better thngs to do than gossip about the singer.

pato

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:51:25 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
+1 this covers about 95% of the judgement I see handed out by other Christians on this board. I feel sorry for her, this had to be hard on her, her family and friends. I hope she has found peace with God. Yes homosexuality is a sin and yes the lifestyle can make it harder to have a realationship with God, if you let it, but you can still be a Christian and a homosexual. I'm a smoker, I use fowl languae, I get angry for the wrong reasons, I'm lustfull, I'm 100% imperfect and I'm still a Christian. If Christ had not died for my salvation I would be hopeless, but he did and through his grace I am saved not my works.

Does not follow. You cannot actively participate in sin and have a relationship with the Almighty. Sin separates man from God. Period.

And the rest of your post pretty well sums up what I call the "Jesus loves me, so it's all right" theology, or therapeutic moral deism, if you prefer a more technical term.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:51:39 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exactly!

I can't judge her as I'm a totally imperfect person.  Christ died because HE was the only measure that was acceptable.  I just simply cannot measure up to what is required.  It's not possible.  I'm a sinner - plain and simple.  I strive every day not to be but only one person has been sinless and he has come and gone on this Earth.

Kinda like the idea of casting the first stone if you're without sin –– none of us can cast that stone.  Why even bother judging?  We can acknowledge the sin, but it's God's place to judge it - not ours.  Acknowledge your own sin and work on your own relationship with Christ.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:52:46 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I interpert it litterally and I think a lot of people that others judge are going to Heaven. The point of the law was to prove that no man could keep it and it is only through Chrust that salvation is found.

"I have not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it."
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:56:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Cynical career move. The book deal and made for television movie comes next. Look for future appearances on Ellen, The View, and Oprah.

I'm not sure enough people are really familiar with her to give a shit
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:57:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Just proves what I have always said...Pie is the root of all evil, and the most dangerous gateway drug of our time.

And don't ever think we don't appreciate your tireless work steering at-risk young men away from it.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 7:59:54 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Does not follow. You cannot actively participate in sin and have a relationship with the Almighty. Sin separates man from God. Period.

And the rest of your post pretty well sums up what I call the "Jesus loves me, so it's all right" theology, or therapeutic moral deism, if you prefer a more technical term.

Do you claim to be without sin? If there is any sin in your life then by your own standard you participate in sin. Or are you claiming your sin is OK? Do you think your actions saved you? I think you may want to worry about your own salvation brother because you are negating the work of Christ on the Cross. Sin does seperate man from God, but even Homosexuals are not always in a state of sin.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:00:49 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you claim to be without sin? If there is any sin in your life then by your own standard you participate in sin. Or are you claiming your sin is OK? Do you think your actions saved you? I think you may want to worry about your own salvation brother because you are negating the work of Christ on the Cross. Sin does seperate man from God, but even Homosexuals are not always in a state of sin.

Read up a bit on my post about logical fallacies.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:01:27 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Exactly!

I can't judge her as I'm a totally imperfect person.  Christ died because HE was the only measure that was acceptable.  I just simply cannot measure up to what is required.  It's not possible.  I'm a sinner - plain and simple.  I strive every day not to be but only one person has been sinless and he has come and gone on this Earth.

Kinda like the idea of casting the first stone if you're without sin –– none of us can cast that stone.  Why even bother judging?  We can acknowledge the sin, but it's God's place to judge it - not ours.  Acknowledge your own sin and work on your own relationship with Christ.

You can't judge her as person.  We don't have that power.

But we are required to judge behavior ever since we were cursed with the knowledge of good and evil.  To say otherwise renders our existence on this rock moot and introduces all sorts of evil.

I'll I'm saying is, don't confuse people judging behavior with people judging others.  There is a difference that is commonly overlooked these days.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:04:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Oh no...there are gay christians who would have thought.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:11:00 AM EDT
[#43]
hell yeah! I'd pay to see her

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:12:32 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Problem is, that's a woman.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:14:05 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Imagine that. Christians aren't perfect after all.

We all have issues we need to deal with. Some give up.

I dont think we ever claimed to be perfect...

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:17:51 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

"I have not come to abolish the Law, but to fulfill it."

As he has come the law has been fulfilled. Tell me where in the Bible does it say salvation is found in the law? Where in the Bible does it say that you are condemned if you sin? Just give one example besides Chrst of anyone without sin? Your premise is entirely flawed if you want to follow one part of the law and not another. If you have any sin in your heart you are indeed guilty of it. You'll notice that Christ did not spend time with the rightous but the lost. The rightous where the ones that condemnd him to the Cross.

Paul wrote of the duality of sinfull man and saved man:

"I find then a law, that, when I would do good, evil is present in me. For I delight after the law of God after the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin."

Part of the law was also abolished in Acts:

9About noon the following day as they were on their journey and approaching the city, Peter went up on the roof to pray. 10He became hungry and wanted something to eat, and while the meal was being prepared, he fell into a trance. 11He saw heaven opened and something like a large sheet being let down to earth by its four corners. 12It contained all kinds of four-footed animals, as well as reptiles of the earth and birds of the air. 13Then a voice told him, "Get up, Peter. Kill and eat."
14"Surely not, Lord!" Peter replied. "I have never eaten anything impure or unclean."

15The voice spoke to him a second time, "Do not call anything impure that God has made clean."

Cling to the law as the Pharisees, we see how that worked out for them.
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

But was silent in condemnation of Lot when his daughters "raped" him in his sleep. I'm sure she still loves God and hopefully she knows that he still loves her. No burn intended in my post to you JHill, but after taking the time to actually read the bible during this deployment, I cant believe all the WTF I found in it. I'm hoping that I'll find some redemption in the New Testament when I get there but for now...(headshake)

No doubt that you will...
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:20:17 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Read up a bit on my post about logical fallacies.

The only fallacy is your belief that you determine who is saved and that you have the right to sit in judgement. Well that and the fact that you can't debate a point.

Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:20:34 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, I'm no athiest, but I have another observation: the Jesus Crispy also miss no opportunity to bring HIM into a conversation.  We could be discussing jelly doughnuts and the good Lord will be brought into it.  So, there's THAT.

There is a little confusion involved.  Some people don't realize that WWJD is an abbreviation for "Who Wants Jelly Donuts?".
Link Posted: 4/17/2010 8:25:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Next stops - advocating protection of the Mediterranean fruit fly and opening up an elephant refuge in the desert.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top