Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have been pondering the same question.

My little AMG is not exactly the best car when hauling a baby around.

Lol, i had a C63 & got rid of it for the exact same reason!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:32:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

The guy that lost both rear fenders was kinda happy about it.   He said it saved him the trouble of removing them for aftermarket fenders.

How hard easy are those fenders to pull off?
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]
My father in law really really likes his 2011 unlimited.

It's really nice. I like it too. He commutes daily in it and loves it and during the summer it pulls his boat and is awesome for the lake. He can afford to pay to fill it up and he likes to blare music so the wind doesn't bother him.

Unless your situation is similar to the above I wouldn't get it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:36:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The guy that lost both rear fenders was kinda happy about it.   He said it saved him the trouble of removing them for aftermarket fenders.

A few screws it looks like.         If you put about 30-40 lbs of mud on them and drive over rough ground they will remove themselves.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 2:39:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A few screws it looks like.         If you put about 30-40 lbs of mud on them and drive over rough ground they will remove themselves.

Thanks. Will be one of the first things I "fix".

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 3:03:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Quoted:
just get the jeep. easier to work on, easier to lift, ton of aftermarket.
when was the last time you saw a new land cruiser on 35"+ tires?

yes because 35 inch tires are so functional and useful.....you can do plenty with a good solid lift and good size tires, if you want a SHTF car you build an overlander not a rock crawler....

i don't get the 35's thing, kills gas mileage like nothing, and you only gain like an inch over a 33" which usually doesn't even require gearing on my platforms....

again though it really depends on op's uses and where he's running....

http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=23531&stc=1&d=1304898696

35' s?

As someone who recently went to 35s on my TJ rubi, I will say that they handle soft ground better than my 33s. I usually run my tires at roughly 15 psi if we're going to hit wet trails like we did this weekend.  Our local trail butts up to the Obion River so they help quite a bit in the sand too.  Although the wife hates the rocks, what little I've done demonstrated that a slightly aired down 35 performed better than my old 33s.

Are they worth the additional headaches? (stronger axle shafts, better rotors/pads, regear, more tranny heat) That's up to you.  

I do think 33s are sufficient enough to get you through most trails and plenty of trouble, but 35s do have some advantages (albeit slight for the total cost).
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:33:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

just get the jeep. easier to work on, easier to lift, ton of aftermarket.

when was the last time you saw a new land cruiser on 35"+ tires?

yes because 35 inch tires are so functional and useful.....you can do plenty with a good solid lift and good size tires, if you want a SHTF car you build an overlander not a rock crawler....
i don't get the 35's thing, kills gas mileage like nothing, and you only gain like an inch over a 33" which usually doesn't even require gearing on my platforms....
again though it really depends on op's uses and where he's running....
http://www.risingsun4x4club.org/forum2/attachment.php?attachmentid=23531&stc=1&d=1304898696

35' s?
As someone who recently went to 35s on my TJ rubi, I will say that they handle soft ground better than my 33s. I usually run my tires at roughly 15 psi if we're going to hit wet trails like we did this weekend.  Our local trail butts up to the Obion River so they help quite a bit in the sand too.  Although the wife hates the rocks, what little I've done demonstrated that a slightly aired down 35 performed better than my old 33s.
Are they worth the additional headaches? (stronger axle shafts, better rotors/pads, regear, more tranny heat) That's up to you.  
I do think 33s are sufficient enough to get you through most trails and plenty of trouble, but 35s do have some advantages (albeit slight for the total cost).
Helped a friend build an 03 with 6" Superlift on 35s,  ran 4.88s in it   After all was said and done, it really didn't ride bad at all on the highway  ( hell it rode allot better than his SIL's liberty on the same portion of highway)   This was 6 or so years ago, he is still running it around as his daily driver.    
Back then I ran a 98 with 2" spacers and 32x9.5 mud terrains..   The killer on it was it had 3.07s It got worse mileage than the 03 I mentioned above.  
ETA.  JKs look great on 37s

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:42:19 PM EDT
[#8]
We just rented a Grand Cherokee to go from Chicago to Savannah, GA and back and it was awesome.

Won't have a third row but it's not a bad vehicle at all.

Commanders aren't a bad choice either, though the 3rd row is strictly for kids.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:43:50 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm never going to be okay with a Wrangler having 4 doors.

its the absolutely best thing ever.

Who enjoyed moving the passenger seat forward and crawling into the back then having to re-adjust the seat? Noone.

Why would one do that to begin with?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 5:58:46 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Don't you drive a Miata?

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:00:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Jeeps are way too expensive for what they are. If you want a Jeep get a CJ-7 or something

ETA: Also there is a reason that the area where aftermarket 3rd row seats go is empty. Thats where the car likes to fold up when rear ended.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the cool thing about Jeep. You slap on a set of Bushwacker Flat Fenders and hit the trails. If you crush one on a rock or tree you just bolt on a new one, costs about $100.

Try crushing a fender on your 4-Runner, Land Cruiser or other metal skinned vehicle and see what is costs for a repair.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:07:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Quoted:
I really like mine.  The wife has a two-door Jeep and I fell in love with it.  Wanted my own but I have to carry clients around a good bit and needed convenient full seating with four-doors.  The Unlimited doesn't have the turn radius as the two door but it has given me no issues off road and clients complement the vehicle all the time.  The newer Unlimited models have fold flat rear seats as well which helps in hauling stuff around.

ETA - The wind noise is not an issue unless there is a storm blowing up.  Not sure what they changed but the noise in my 2012 model is much less than the wife's 2008 model.

My 2012 is freaking quiet, with a soft top, compared to my '03.

What I noticed...they extended the front lip of the windshield UP, so that the lip of the soft top is behind it. Not sure when that change took place, but it makes a world of difference in wind noise.

And to OP...do love mine. Ride is smooth (I have a JKU Rubicon), even my parents commented how smooth it rode in comparison to their Expedition. Handling...it's got two solid axles and a suspension tuned for mostly off road...yeah...it rolls a good bit in turns. Aftermarket solutions out there for that if you want to spend the money (AEV is great for that).

This, I would get the rubicon, 4" long arm lift and go up to 33" , it will bring that stock 4.11 down a little and make highway driving a little better.
I've had 3 and will be getting another one soon.
Had a rubicon 2-door and wanted a 4 door so I ended up with this

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:10:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Guys, for what it's worth.. coming from a Jeep owner.  I would buy an older model and spend whatever money it costs to fix it to your liking.  Parts are inexpensive (check JC Whitney) and the things are really easy to work on.  The newer models have a bunch of computerized stuff that could go bad.. you wouldn't have to deal with that on an older one.  Jeeps are a lot of fun and they have an incredible after market.  I think you'd be better served getting one where all of the depreciation has occurred.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:19:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Yes, I know no action pics but I have not driven my FJ in 6 months. The most contact i've had with it is when my smart start app texted me my battery was going dead
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:23:43 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

its the absolutely best thing ever.

Who enjoyed moving the passenger seat forward and crawling into the back then having to re-adjust the seat? Noone.

Why would one do that to begin with?

My TJ  Rubicon rarely had the rear seat in it!

However, a couple decades of wearing a Sam Browne is hard on the lower back as was the TJ.

My 12 Rubicon JKU has been great!  A LOT easier on the back too!

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:28:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
As a jeep owner, don't get it for daily driving. They don't do any one thing great, other than offroading. Wind noise is horrible, the ride is horrible, they are expensive, handling isn't all that great. Just my opinion though. There will be many others that come along and tell me I'm full of shit and everyone should be so lucky to drive one.

What year do you own?

I have a 2012 with the new engine.  Plenty of power and if you drive reasonable the mileage is about 19 mixed for me.  

I also have the soft top, and the noise really isn't that bad.  It isn't a caddy, but it's not bad.  The new Wranglers are really excellent.  The 2013 has a new soft top that is even thicker so it'll be more quite.

Of course, it's not a speed machine, and it doesn't handle great, but one would have to realize that before buying.  As far as ride, I don't mind it.  It's better than the corvette.  

All in all, I'd never get rid of mine.  Nothing beats no doors no top in the summer.  Nothing.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:30:12 PM EDT
[#18]
They hold their re-sale value better than most vehicles.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:31:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
They are the most capable off road factory vehicle. (If you get the rubicon with lockers and axles)

They are also loud.

The interiors are pretty bare.

They sort of have a cool factor, but most people don't even know how to use 4wd.

Personally I will buy one in a couple of years, but I am an avid rock crawler and will use it.  If I wasn't going to take it offroad, I would buy something else.

THey new ones are not  that loud anymore, and if you spend the coin, they come nicely equiped.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:32:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Love my Land Rover, but as you know, tons of $$ when things break, and with a Rover, that's all the time.

Looking to upgrade to a slightly larger SUV with third row seating for the kids. I see with the Unlimited there are after market 3rd row seats, which sound great.

Basically looking to see your guys thoughts on this. Anybody own one or know somebody who does?

I have a 2011 with the old style engine absolutly no complaints . Opps I forgot I had to put in a heavy duty 4x4 shift cable the stupid plastic clip kept breaking ( a 100.00 item ) some guys just McGyver it themselves for real cheap
edit :The cable replacement was 100 :00 the plastic clip is cheap
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:33:25 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Quoted:
As a jeep owner, don't get it for daily driving. They don't do anything one thing great, other than offroading. Wind noise is horrible, the ride is horrible, they are expensive, handling isn't all that great. Just my opinion though. There will be many others that come along and tell me I'm full of shit and everyone should be so lucky to drive one.

this guy gets it.  

they are not suv's they are off road vehicles that look like suv's as opposed to most suv's just look like offload vehicles.....i like the 80 series land cruisers as they are the best combination of both off road capability and suv family hauling around...really i wouldn't want to be in an unlimited for daily driving though plenty of people do....i just prefer more comforts and better on road handling since that's where i spend 70~80% of my time.....now if your simply trying to get a family fun vehicle you're heading the right direction... i just know my wife complain till no end during the winter and well most of the time in our jeep .

No, that's the old ones.

Mine is 10 months old and I have 17,000 miles on it.  Love it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:33:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh531/jonplumb/844b287d.jpg
http://i1250.photobucket.com/albums/hh531/jonplumb/1c6f5c7d.jpg

Yes, I know no action pics but I have not driven my FJ in 6 months. The most contact i've had with it is when my smart start app texted me my battery was going dead

I've heard the FJ's have horrible blind spots. Any truth to that?

Already answered. Sorry.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:36:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one I test drove did plus they go through windshields at a alarming rate -- the windshield is almost 90 degrees  up from the body and they are stone catchers , the jeep is the same but for some unknown reason I haven't had issues with stone chips
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:42:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Love my 2013 JKU - 33's no lift - drive 80 miles a day - pulled a heavy trailer with a 500 pound 4 wheeler for 4 hours and I didn't even feel it. Two kids in back seat - got a hitch basket for extra gear - even with 33" mudders I can talk over my blue tooth - don't know why everyone is being a girl. Get the Jeep, you'll like it.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No sweat.  It probably has a good 400-500 pounds added to it.  I think most of that weight comes from the rear tow bar and oversize tires.  It's really nice to have when the weather is bad!

For tires, are you using aggressive off road all the time for on road driving? Or are you using on/off road tires?

get duratracs or bfg t/a km2's ...simple as that, the tougher question is load range and size....what's you use for this primarily? you could always go with a full on mud tire but i find the at's are good for almost anything.

^^^ Listen to this guy.

I'll interject here a little:  If you live where there's snow on the ground, get the Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs.  They've got sipes, stud pilots if you need them, and the central rib is more like an A/T tire with M/T tread on the outboard circumference where you need it.  Best of both worlds combined in any tire so far.  Sidewall claws, even.  I personally think 'Pizza Cutter' dimensions (narrow width, taller height, lower weight/rotating mass) is the way to go these days for both mileage, longetivity, and appearance.   Only people who live where there's lots of natural mud bogs will find any use for balloony M/T mudders.  In a desert, that would be totally the wrong tire to mount.  Just my opinion; YMMV.

As far as the OP's question (to stay on topic), the Wrangler Unlimited is a very good vehicle, 'death wobble' and all.   It's a thoroughy capable Jeep, and you honestly need nothing more than the 'Sport S' trim model, if even that.  As another guy said here, 'Real Jeeps are made, not born'.  Quite so.  Some people don't like Jeeps with four doors, but then again some people think a Jeep that's not CJ-heritage isn't a Jeep.  Then there's old beaverbeards that think any military Jeep that's not WWII vintage isn't a Jeep, and then there's purists who won't refer to anything that's not specifically a Willy's M38A1 as a Jeep.  I respect them all.

Me, I did my research and bought last year's Toyota FJ with the manual 6-speed trans and rear locker w/A-TRAC.  It is a war beast and mountain goat rolled into one, and I live not far from the Rubicon trail.  Only thing from Jeep that surpasses it off-road in stock form is a Rubicon with the solid front Dana 44 axle and auto-disconnector, and that's just overkill (but undeniably nice) because there's scarcely any point to rock crawling in my opinion.  You really want an 'expedition' vehicle (another poster here called it 'overland') instead for when the zombies come and the welfare finally cupboard runs bare.  FJs are no joke, even if butchy lesbian women have adopted them as the official lesbian vehicle of choice.  Otherwise, either the Jeep Wrangler or Toyota FJ are suitably evenly matched as to not make any difference to competent/experienced wheelers.

There, now I will shut up.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:06:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Love my 2013 JKU - 33's no lift - drive 80 miles a day - pulled a heavy trailer with a 500 pound 4 wheeler for 4 hours and I didn't even feel it. Two kids in back seat - got a hitch basket for extra gear - even with 33" mudders I can talk over my blue tooth - don't know why everyone is being a girl. Get the Jeep, you'll like it.

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/docholiday29/Jeep/1b3c84eb38c48441445093659444694e_zpsa84f2005.jpg

Best looking Sahara I've seen yet.  Great paint, and I like the wheels and KM2s you chose.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:11:16 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Quoted:

http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii213/docholiday29/Jeep/1b3c84eb38c48441445093659444694e_zpsa84f2005.jpg

Best looking Sahara I've seen yet.  Great paint, and I like the wheels and KM2s you chose.  

Thanks - I like it simple and not all dolled up. Half the jeeps I see in DFW prob never see dirt. The KM2 is the quietest mud terain I have ever ridden on. Only complaint is the high beams are a little high and don't spot the close stuff.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Here's the cool thing about Jeep. You slap on a set of Bushwacker Flat Fenders and hit the trails. If you crush one on a rock or tree you just bolt on a new one, costs about $100.

Try crushing a fender on your 4-Runner, Land Cruiser or other metal skinned vehicle and see what is costs for a repair.

What about buying something that was designed well enough that it doesn't have shit sticking out the sides?  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:16:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Dodge. Imported from Detroit.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:20:27 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about buying something that was designed well enough that it doesn't have shit sticking out the sides?  

I think of a new jeep as more of a starter kit, than a complete vehicle.  
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:21:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you drive off-road you can crumple a fender on a rock or tree, doesn't matter if it sticks out or not.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:42:14 PM EDT
[#32]
F250 with mud tires

J/k.

I currently own a 2008 F250 King Ranch Edition, 4x4 Off road with a 6.4L in it. 35 inch duratracs on it... I've had my combined vehicle weight (truck + trailer) over 30,000lbs before. Spartan tuner, S&B air box, etc.

Also, Detroit TruTrac locker... makes a huuuugeee difference off roading it. I was in a plowed corn field at a farm this past weekend, axle deep in mud and crawled right through it.

But, I plan on getting either a 2013 Rubicon 10th Anniversary Edition or wait till 2014 to get a diesel Jeep. Mostly as a daily driver, as my truck has nearly 100k on it right now. But also has a trip vehicle / fun vehicle... Go to the Jeep trail fests (that you can only take a JEEP to), travel around - I know some great trails in Colorado and such from hunting. (I know, I know, Colorado, but I have property there and can't exactly sell it.)
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you drive off-road you can crumple a fender on a rock or tree, doesn't matter if it sticks out or not.

Seems to me, plastic flares sticking out makes it more likely to hit stuff. Guess I'm more into expo stuff than whacking into stuff.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 7:56:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Seems to me, plastic flares sticking out makes it more likely to hit stuff. Guess I'm more into expo stuff than whacking into stuff.

The law requires that the fenders cover the width of your tires, big off road tires require big fenders. Trucks have to add flares when they run wide tires too.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:08:27 PM EDT
[#35]
You guys are really making me think about selling my 06 LJ and looking at a new JK Unlimited.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:19:09 PM EDT
[#36]
My '09 JK rides like shit, has no balls power wise, and jack shit for storage space.

But I am driving it until the wheels fall off and then for a few weeks after I love it that much.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:23:28 PM EDT
[#37]
I miss my 07 Wrangler badly, but not that gutless motor it had in it. As far as handling I had a 2.5 inch Teraflex suspension kit on it and it rode awesome on the road and off. Next time if I get another JK I'm doing the Hemi swap or putting a supercharger on it.
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 8:24:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

As a jeep owner, don't get it for daily driving. They don't do any one thing great, other than offroading. Wind noise is horrible, the ride is horrible, they are expensive, handling isn't all that great. Just my opinion though. There will be many others that come along and tell me I'm full of shit and everyone should be so lucky to drive one.

I've owned many Jeeps, and I agree with you.

They're toys, but lousy commuters or family vehicles. And, they're money-pit toys that break a lot.

I love them, but I know what they are too.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:36:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Very nice!
Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:38:20 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The one I test drove did plus they go through windshields at a alarming rate -- the windshield is almost 90 degrees  up from the body and they are stone catchers , the jeep is the same but for some unknown reason I haven't had issues with stone chips

I put 50k on mine and two round trips from Cali to Nc. Only got a chip in the windshield at 45k. Depends on your freeways. I have 3 now and their all from the same freeway.

Link Posted: 3/18/2013 11:43:49 PM EDT
[#41]
How well does a Fiat handle, anyways?  
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:06:52 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:
They are the most capable off road factory vehicle. (If you get the rubicon with lockers and axles)

They are also loud.

The interiors are pretty bare.

They sort of have a cool factor, but most people don't even know how to use 4wd.

Personally I will buy one in a couple of years, but I am an avid rock crawler and will use it.  If I wasn't going to take it offroad, I would buy something else.

THey new ones are not  that loud anymore, and if you spend the coin, they come nicely equiped.

I have been in my fair share of the new ones from the basic model to the COD ones, unlimited and regular.  My wife's, $15k trailblazer rides and drives 4 times better than a jeep.  jeeps are not comparable to a regular 4wd SUV.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:29:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
You guys are really making me think about selling my 06 LJ and looking at a new JK Unlimited.

I'd hang on to it.  Not a lot of LJs made and they're high on the desirability scale for Jeep folks.

TJs are bringing crazy money in private and dealer sales.  I've added a long arm suspension, bumpers, winch, seats, etc. which should hurt resale value considerably, but car dealers fell all over themselves trying to get me to trade it in or sell it to them.

LJs are even more desirable.

I'd think long and hard before I ditched an LJ for a JK.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:33:19 AM EDT
[#44]
i test drove one, the offroad body width means you loose a ton of interior room compared to my grand cherokee. If you want a family hauler, the GC has been fine for me for the last 10 years. If your quest is based upon mudd'in and crawl'in then open your wallet.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:34:53 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

What are you talking about????

I have a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (bone stock) with a hard top and it's great as a daily driver.

I didn't even consider getting a softop, didn't want to have to deal with the wind noise, security issues and fading plastic windows.

My only complaint is the poor gas mileage, but I knew about that before I bought it.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:44:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Gotta love the folks that cannot read the thread titles, OP wanted to know about he Unlimited, not whatever the fuck you think he should drive instead.

OP my brother has had an Unlimited for three years now and loves the hell out of it. Daily driver, towing a wave runner or off roading, mudding.

He likes it so much it is the reason I am getting my wife one through AAFES.

LOL, even some other Jeep Wrangler owners apparently can't read either or don't know the difference between a Jeep Wrangler vs. a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited.
Link Posted: 3/19/2013 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What are you talking about????

I have a 2010 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (bone stock) with a hard top and it's great as a daily driver.

I didn't even consider getting a softop, didn't want to have to deal with the wind noise, security issues and fading plastic windows.

My only complaint is the poor gas mileage, but I knew about that before I bought it.

I'm with you. I love my daily driver Jeep, no complaints at all.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:10:27 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I love about Jeeps. Cheap to replace and you can do it yourself w/o going to a mechanic. I love working on vehicles and my health has prevented me from doing once of the things I love and that's mechanical work. A Jeep could get me back into it compared to what I own know and can only do minor things with it.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:17:10 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think of a new jeep as more of a starter kit, than a complete vehicle.  

There we go. It's a model kit we get to build.

Link Posted: 3/19/2013 5:17:14 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's what I love about Jeeps. Cheap to replace and you can do it yourself w/o going to a mechanic. I love working on vehicles and my health has prevented me from doing once of the things I love and that's mechanical work. A Jeep could get me back into it compared to what I own know and can only do minor things with it.

I agree, my Jeep is easy to modify and maintain and there are thousands of after market parts and accessories.

My Jeep is pretty moded, lift, bumpers, winch, snorkel, lights, shocks, skids, rock rails, etc, etc. All work was done by me in my driveway. Saved a ton of money doing it myself.

Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top