[#1]
....o_o_o_o
./| ,[_____],
|¯¯¯L--O||||||O
()_)¯()_) ¯¯¯ )_)

Link Posted: 10/27/2006 12:17:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Try using Mobile 1 or Mobile 1 7500 extended oils. The 3.7l and 4.7l engines seem to really like Mobile 1 or other high quality synthetics. The Jeep Liberty is Chrysler's most reliable vehicle with the PT Cruiser a close second. That being said, it is still a Chrysler which only translates to the middle of the pack reliability ratings when compared to other auto makers. The tires that Jeep puts on their SUV's usually are bottom of the barrel, try Bridgestone REVO ATs or BFGoodrich ATs. You could always go a couple lbs over what you see in the door jam too.

You can test to see if there are any engine trouble codes - Turn the key to the accessory position then off then accessory then off then accessory... (Basically, three cycles of accessory/off, ending up in the accessory position.)  On the third time if there is an error code it will show up in the odometer. Here is the Jeep error code list. www.getahelmet.com/jeeps/tech/codes/

Thanks for the info i'll look into that website.

UPDATE- my gal picked up her Jeep from the service dealer and they took care of the tire pressure light issue.

They told her that the "rough" idle was within acceptable tolerances.

American Quality at its finest
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 9:44:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
snip

V

Avalon: What does a beautiful restored Jeep like that go for? I have always wondered.

Thanks.

A couple grand can get you one that runs.  Around here anyway.  The big money comes in bringing it back to it's old glory.
Yep,what he said! willysoverland.com has replitubs,just like the originals for MB/M38/CJ2-3-5s, BUT YOU WILL PAY BIG $$$$
The 3.7 isn't the smoothest V-6 out there,but a helluva lot better than the odd-fire V-6 stuck in old CJ-5s.
Things I had wrong on my Liberty,exhaust rotted out(cheap mild steel),radio went south(good thing there's ebay,got another for $55),and recalls for lower ball joints(yours will be recalled,go get Moogs lower ball joints,they're greasable!!!).
Best years for the Lib's tranny was 02-early 03,when DCX put the 45RFE in Libs,after that,it was the 42RFE(reworked from the Sebring/minivans),very sensitive to fluid changes.
Use the DCX plus 4,DO NOT USE THE JIFFY LUBE ADDITIVES TO MAKE PLUS 4,IT WILL RUIN THE TRANNY!!!
Link Posted: 10/27/2006 10:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a 2006 Renegade and so far I have no regrets and I chose it over other Jeeps. I liked the commander though. The idle does not bother me at all the only Rice Burner that intrests me is that new Toyota.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I have a 2006 Renegade and so far I have no regrets and I chose it over other Jeeps. I liked the commander though. The idle does not bother me at all the only Rice Burner that intrests me is that new Toyota.

FJ Cruiser?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:03:58 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly what is the point of you guys just bagging on certain vehicles? Not everyone wants a 12" lift mudder with a High Lift Jack for their wife to drive around.

Does it make you feel cool?

No it doesn't make me feel cool.  I just like to give Liberty owners hell.  No need to take it to heart.  

Besides, who cares what some random Wrangler owner says about their choice of vehicle on the interweb?  

I was starting to think you were being a dick too, Thank you for reminding me that this is the internet and that I need to lighten up. Besides, My 06 Liberty is Perfect in my opinion, but I will have a 4-door Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon when our other vehicle dies
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Im glad I read this thread, I will go get rid of mine in the morning!

'02, 50Kmiles, had one problem forgot- two. I park by the railroad tracks at work, and the train was setting my alarm off all day long. One of the horns went out. Replaced under warranty and no more problems. The other was some computer sensor plug something under the dash that made (0-1-2-3-4) the number two setting on the A/C not work. 2 screws and $15.00.  

I do notice a rougher than normal idle sometimes. IF I burn the same gas, and the weather stays constant, no roughness. Change of fuel or temp and it gets rougher. My guess was always computer bullshit, since its mostly smooth as silk.

Also, as a cup of STFU to the so called purists...

Go to www.jeepsunlimited.com , do a general search for "rough idle".

Unless my old eyes missed something, 8 pages, 318 hits, mostly all of them are either CJ or Cherokee. I didnt see any Liberty/ KJ.

My only bitch about my Lib is fuel mileage. Lead foot and oversized aggressive tires will get my under 13mpg.

Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:13:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Honestly what is the point of you guys just bagging on certain vehicles? Not everyone wants a 12" lift mudder with a High Lift Jack for their wife to drive around.

No it doesn't make me feel cool.  I just like to give Liberty owners hell.  No need to take it to heart.  

Besides, who cares what some random Wrangler owner says about their choice of vehicle on the interweb?  

I was starting to think you were being a dick too, Thank you for reminding me that this is the internet and that I need to lighten up. Besides, My 06 Liberty is Perfect in my opinion, but I will have a 4-door Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon when our other vehicle dies

I thought those were fugly as hell when I first saw pics.  Kind of like how I hated the Unlimited at first....but (like the Unlimited) the more I see it the more it grows on me.

I wouldn't trade my Wrangler for one, but if they ever ship out the Gladiator I'll be in line for one in a heartbeat,
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:23:16 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The Wrangler guys are the big ones that hate the Liberty.

I'd like to state for the record that we also hate the Compass and the Patriot.  

You'll get no argument from me there.

And the Commander needs WAY bigger tires for me to think it was cool!

Like this?
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:24:35 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Take that POS to the dealership and trade it for a real Jeep....

Just my $.02

I belive your avatar shows a Wrangler?

If so - take that POS out to the pasture and shoot it. Go buy a REAL Jeep.

Mine at the local show:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v240/avalon01/jeep2.jpg

A Wrangler driver thinking he owns a "real" Jeep.... You people crack me up.

Av.

Edit: Hell my M38A1 that I'm working on is a real Jeep.

Read the sig line
|
|
|
|
V

Why heck... if it isnt a MB...
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:25:30 PM EDT
[#11]
Nice plate there Cav!

I used to hate the Libby, but it has grown on me.  I am not too crazy on the size of the cargo hatch space though.
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:33:44 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought those were fugly as hell when I first saw pics.  Kind of like how I hated the Unlimited at first....but (like the Unlimited) the more I see it the more it grows on me.

I wouldn't trade my Wrangler for one, but if they ever ship out the Gladiator I'll be in line for one in a heartbeat,

You and me both brother!

But this might show up at the SEMA show this week, stay tuned...

I guess I'll have to do the ARFCOM thing and GET BOTH!!!!
Link Posted: 10/28/2006 7:37:13 PM EDT
[#13]
I just drooled all over my keyboard.

Get rid of the shiney grill and bumpers and send that thing to me just like it is...flat grey.  Perfect.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 5:59:23 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

You and me both brother!

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/reload40s/jeep-gladiator-concept-200502090543.jpg

But this might show up at the SEMA show this week, stay tuned...

i11.photobucket.com/albums/a199/reload40s/wrangler-pickup.jpg

I guess I'll have to do the ARFCOM thing and GET BOTH!!!!

If that came in an extended cab version I might consider trading my truck in on it even though I wanted to keep it for like 150k miles... (I'm only at 40 now )

That truck is teh sw33tn355
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:18:34 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Then you better tell DCX how much you like the Gladiator,'cause the word from DCX is that it's being put on hold,as some in Jeep still remember the Scrambler failure(they didn't sell very well after the first few years). The Gladiator is it's own platform,therefore higher costs.

As far as the rough idle is concerned,yep,it's rougher than a Jap motor,but I'm sure that Jeep folks would complain that it's too smooth/sounds like a Jap sewing machine.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:29:56 AM EDT
[#16]
A friend of mine lives in Port Aransas and bought the diesel. To make a very long story short, he got another vehicle unde the Lemon Law.  It wa always in the shop and the transmission only lasted a few months.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 6:45:25 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
A friend of mine lives in Port Aransas and bought the diesel. To make a very long story short, he got another vehicle unde the Lemon Law.  It wa always in the shop and the transmission only lasted a few months.
I don't know why DCX can't make a good auto anymore?(hell,the A-727 is a legend!)Mercedes too,built damned good trannys. I think they're trying to make them too smooth-shifting. The diesel is supposed to have the 545RFE,which SHOULD be a good tranny,also found in pick-ups.
Link Posted: 10/29/2006 10:08:01 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

FJ Cruiser?

Yes.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top