Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Fucking ugly
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:14:07 AM EDT
[#2]
I think it looks similar to a Landrover Discovery.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 3:20:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
For Christ sake, it's still a Chrysler product.

Run away as fast as you can!

And there isn't enough Mercedes Benz in the world that can rub off to fix those POS Jeeps.

Please elaborate. I have owned Jeeps for years, and have had them serviced at all scheduled intervals and not one problem. So - are you one of those people that have never owned a jeep but constantly bash it? Or did you have a bad experience with a jeep? if so which one? and surely you can find fault in any make or model of vehicle but that does not mean they are all bad. Certain years, yes. Certain things are wrong - but not the whole line.

Yes, please elaborate.  I've been driving Jeeps since 1982 and I still have my one Jeep since 95 (Sahara).  Beside tires, brake pads and oil changes I haven't had a problem with it.  Just regular maintenance items.  Actually, I like my 95 so much I just bought another one this year,  a 2005 Rubicon and gave my old one to my son.  I've never heard any major complaints about the I6 engine that's in them.  Well, no complaints from people that have actually had them or worked on them.  

Exactly.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:21:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:25:01 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
drove one when my wife and I were shopping a few weeks ago

didn't like it. didn't feel stable

it's built on the Cherokee frame

it did have a nice interior

kind of reminded me of an older range rover

I doubt it's built on the Cherokee frame as it's much larger then a cherokee ever thought to be.

hmmm, the cherokee does not have a "frame" it is a unibody

ok, platform was the correct word.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:32:09 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

And there isn't enough Mercedes Benz in the world that can rub off to fix those POS Jeeps.

Well, well, how many late model Chryslers have you had?

My five year old Dakota is going on 101,000 miles with only one defect from the factory, which was fixed under warranty.  Other than that, it has been trouble free.  It even still has the same transmission.

First I was told the tranny would blow at 50K.  Well, that came and went.  Then I was told it would happen at 100K.  Well, that too came and went.  What's next, it will blow at 150K?
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:46:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:55:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would have rather seen a real replacement for the Cherokee (which the Liberty wasn't) rather than a "7" passenger Jeep. I will admit the Commander looks better in person than the pics I saw, if that is any consilation. I'm just hoping Jeep doesn't pussify the new Wrangler too much...I'm not like the idea of the Liberty V6 replacing the straight 6...

AGNTSA

I don't either....but some jackass bean counting FRAUD that works up top figures Jeep can save a mint by only having to stock one six cylinder engine for the whole Jeep product line.  Obviously someone who doesn't get it!!!

The Jeep Straight six ( actually, originally a Pontiac motor, I think....could be wrong )  in either the old 258 ci or the more modern and much less leaky 250 ci. is very well known for it's torque and longevity.....

Jeep is SOOOOOOOOO fucking up by getting rid of the Straight Six.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:06:36 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
I really wanted to like the Commander.   I'll keep my Jeep Cherokee thank-you very much.  

Come on Jeep, make something cool again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Actually the Rubicon Unlimited is pretty cool.  

Ohhhhh, trust me.....it is......it is.......

Me Jeep.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:08:19 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

agreed

That I-6 is one of the most bulletproof engines made
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:17:10 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Please elaborate. I have owned Jeeps for years, and have had them serviced at all scheduled intervals and not one problem. So - are you one of those people that have never owned a jeep but constantly bash it? Or did you have a bad experience with a jeep? if so which one? and surely you can find fault in any make or model of vehicle but that does not mean they are all bad. Certain years, yes. Certain things are wrong - but not the whole line.

Yes, please elaborate.  I've been driving Jeeps since 1982 and I still have my one Jeep since 95 (Sahara).  Beside tires, brake pads and oil changes I haven't had a problem with it.  Just regular maintenance items.  Actually, I like my 95 so much I just bought another one this year,  a 2005 Rubicon and gave my old one to my son.  I've never heard any major complaints about the I6 engine that's in them.  Well, no complaints from people that have actually had them or worked on them.  

Exactly.

Ditto.  I come from a Mopar/Jeep family....we own almost nothing but Jeeps.  No issues other than standard maintanence for the most part.  I did lose an alternator in my old 95 YJ....at 110,000 miles.  An hour and fifteen minute fix doing it by the book.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:26:40 AM EDT
[#12]
kinda boxy
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:42:40 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I would have rather seen a real replacement for the Cherokee (which the Liberty wasn't) rather than a "7" passenger Jeep. I will admit the Commander looks better in person than the pics I saw, if that is any consilation. I'm just hoping Jeep doesn't pussify the new Wrangler too much...I'm not like the idea of the Liberty V6 replacing the straight 6...

AGNTSA

I don't either....but some jackass bean counting FRAUD that works up top figures Jeep can save a mint by only having to stock one six cylinder engine for the whole Jeep product line.  Obviously someone who doesn't get it!!!

The Jeep Straight six ( actually, originally a Pontiac motor, I think....could be wrong )  in either the old 258 ci or the more modern and much less leaky 250 ci. is very well known for it's torque and longevity.....

I've always had a thing for straight sixes...one reason I'd rather have a BMW over a Mercedes. Smoother than a V6, with tons of torque. Takes me back to the original 240Z that I drove and fell in love with...
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 7:52:22 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AGNTSA

I've always had a thing for straight sixes...one reason I'd rather have a BMW over a Mercedes. Smoother than a V6, with tons of torque. Takes me back to the original 240Z that I drove and fell in love with...

+1  I'll take an I6 in anything..   even a Ford  
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top