User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:56:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another beer tax?!?!?  jesus fucking christ.  we already pay, on average, 52% in texas.  Thats where I will draw the final line.

Stick it to the man.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=10&f=19&t=627723

Where did you hear that?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:03:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, obviously the soda tax has already been put into place....Medic and I were at Walmart (yeah I know...) and a case a frikin coke was $7.48!!!!!      WTF!!!!!!
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:43:10 PM EDT
[#3]
In case anyone forgot...we've been paying taxes on ammo and sporting goods and hunting licenses since the 1930's through the Pittman-Robertson Act.
http://www.nraila.net/issues/FactSheets/Read.aspx?ID=103
Today, Pittman-Robertson is back on track, supplying wildlife with vast amounts of habitat, resources and practical ecological study, while supplying hunters with game to hunt and eat, thus ensuring necessary funds never run dry. The National Shooting Sports Foundation estimates that through these special taxes and license fees, America`s sportsmen contribute $3.5 million each day to wildlife conservation.

Perhaps President Ronald Reagan stated it best at the Pittman-Robertson 50th Anniversary when he said: "Those who pay the freight are those who purchase firearms, ammunition, and, in recent years, archery equipment."

eta: spelling
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:51:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Well, looks like Taxman may actually live up to his user name
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:03:03 PM EDT
[#5]
No man should be drinking that fizzy soda pop sugar water gayness. What are you 10 years old?

"Ooooh lets go get soda pops and ice cream and pixie sticks... then we can go watch care bears and have pillow fights!!" Gay.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:05:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No man should be drinking that fizzy soda pop sugar water gayness. What are you 10 years old?

"Ooooh lets go get soda pops and ice cream and pixie sticks... then we can go watch care bears and have pillow fights!!" Gay.

Because you say so?

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:10:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Remember the Boston Tea Party?  What should we do, dump a bunch of Pepsi and Budweiser in the ocean?  Or does everybody start up a microbrewery in their garage and sell beer locally?

Yeah people who home brew their own soda or beer or going to be rounded up and shot for tax evasion.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:13:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wait until they start to tax beef because of the "bad health effects."

Also another step towards a Vegetarian Nation.

1 stone, 2 birds.

The White House will celebrate with a veal dinner.

Beef receives huge amounts of money for the .gov. I don't think they will attack it, feeding the masses copious amounts of cornfed beef keeps them fat and happy thinking that everything is good, because "hey I can afford a steak".
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:15:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

On the news last evening , they are now talking about additional tax on soda to help pay for healthcare because people who drink sodas have potential for more medical problems.

All you guys who said it was OK for cigs to be taxed because of potential medical problems were told it would eventually happen to you. Well it's starting and I hope your happy.

Roy

I drink water helps keep me healthy and the ol gutline in check.

Sorry pop hope you don't get taxed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:17:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Drinking a soda only affects the person drinking it.  Smoking affects everyone around you.  Smoke gives me major migranes, puts me in a lot of pain, and on occassion causes me to miss work.  People drinking soda's don't do that to me.

I'm terribly sorry that smoke makes your Vagina hurt. Please list the other things that do, so that we can tax and ban them as well.

If a business wants to allow smoking it should be their choice, just as it sould be your choice if you spend your $$ at that business. Government has no place in that equation.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Nah, its not about taxes they Just want you to switch :

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Drinking a soda only affects the person drinking it.  Smoking affects everyone around you.  Smoke gives me major migranes, puts me in a lot of pain, and on occassion causes me to miss work.  People drinking soda's don't do that to me.

...and now you're going to be fucked too
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:25:38 PM EDT
[#13]
There will be a health care sales tax.  It'll cover everything from bacon to lettuce.  If a person eats or drinks it, it'll get taxed.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 3:48:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I hope I don't get banned for saying this but:  YOU voted for Obama didn't you.

I'll type slow so you understand. It's not about the ill effects of cigs or soda on you or me. The govt. started excessive cig taxes stating the ill health effects. Now they are on soda's. What will be next? Someting you enjoy that I feel is a detrament to your health or mine?

btw: soda sales are down yet the obessity rate is up.

Roy
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 4:18:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Wow, I actually have a chance to ask someone who says they are allergic.

Is it JUST cigarette smoke? (or will smoke from a fireplace, buring leaves, car exhaust etc cause it?)

Do you actually have to SEE visible smoke or do you have a reaction if your are in a room with someone who just came inside from having a smoke?

Do you have any underlying respiratory conditions or other allergies?

I am NOT trying to light you up over this, these are honest questions....

Link Posted: 9/17/2009 6:28:40 PM EDT
[#16]
What we need is a liar's tax. DC alone could take care of the deficit in only a few months.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:08:25 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Whats next? Dare I say it.....Beer?....Bacon?

Meat
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 7:10:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whats next? Dare I say it.....Beer?....Bacon?

Meat
Ammo and guns.................bet "all in" on that one.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top